Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,665 members, 7,955,401 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:48 AM

Was Paul Sexist? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Was Paul Sexist? (1061 Views)

Let Your Women Keep Silence In The Churches: Was Paul Wrong? / Was Paul Actually Named By Allah As Evil? / Who Was Paul? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Was Paul Sexist? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:44am On Aug 21, 2021
Are you one of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES? smiley
awitness41:

On a different note... hey, Max, I know you put a lot of pictures out here (of baptisms and such).
How do you do that ?
I tried "insert image" but all it gives me is [img][/img].
And if I copy an image from somewhere else and try to "paste" it, it doesn't show.
Thanks for any help you can give !
Re: Was Paul Sexist? by DappaD: 9:29am On Aug 21, 2021
AntiChristian:

This your answer is somehow illogical!
A thief can still be a good person in other ways. If he is questioned on the case of theft will he say i agree to theft but i did lots of charity at so and so places which is a lot more that i had stole?
Explain the verses quoted in the OP as it related to sexism.

Which is it that is illogical? My answer or your rebuttal to mine?
Re: Was Paul Sexist? by AntiChristian: 9:34am On Aug 21, 2021
DappaD:

Which is it that is illogical? My answer or your rebuttal to mine?

Yours!
Re: Was Paul Sexist? by Agboriotejoye(m): 11:07am On Aug 21, 2021
DappaD:
If Paul was sexist, why would he write a letter of commendation to appreciate the hard-work of at least SEVEN(7) zealous women? Romans 16:1-15
Or why would he attribute his companion’s progress in the faith to his mother and grandmother? 2Timothy 1:5, 3:15
Or why would he counsel Timothy his companion to treat older women as mothers and younger women as sisters if he didn’t value and respect women? 1Timothy 5:2

Good response.

Though it does not even matter whether Paul was sexist or not. He is not the founder of Christianity neither is he the Saviour and Redeemer. He was an Apostle, divinely inspired and yet by no means perfect. So while I agree with your ample examples to prove he wasn't sexist, we (You and I) are under no burden to defend him at all. He will also face judgement from God who called him just as you and I will.

Defending him will make you fall into the quagmire Muslims find themselves. They always have to defend a murderer, slave owner, pedophile, robber and other assorted crimes because they chose him as "The most perfect man", whereas he in today's world, will be in jail for one offence or the other in at least 150 out of the 199 countries that make up the UN for his atrocious and crime-filled life!
Re: Was Paul Sexist? by Agboriotejoye(m): 11:23am On Aug 21, 2021
AntiChristian:

O mankind! Be dutiful to your Lord, Who created you from a single person (Adam), and from him (Adam) He created his wife [Hawwa (Eve)], and from them both He created many men and women and fear Allah through Whom you demand your mutual (rights), and (do not cut the relations of) the wombs (kinship). Surely, Allah is Ever an All­-Watcher over you.
Qur'an 4:1

grin Make I dey interpret your Bible? I can do that to show your hypocrisy. That doesn't mean I believe in any of it. Where is it written that the Bible is only for Christians to quote?

Same reason you can't answer the question on Gen 6:6 with proofs. It is outside the scope of this thread!
Good. You see. So if we discountenance Gen 6:6 as you seek to. It indicates that generation of man is a product of incest. Do you agree with this based on your Quran4 :1 above?

It is in the Bible that what is written therein is for those who receive it and for their generations. It is not for someone who is not a part or believer in it to interpret. It's common logic. Just like an economics professor explaining quantum mechanics!! It's even more dangerous cause such attempt is what led to the fall of man in Eden and also births false prophets (Mohammed is one of such) of which we have been warned by Jesus Christ himself.

But of course you are allowed to quote. After all the devil quotes the Bible as well so why not his sons and daughters.

I can and i'm ready to answer Gen6:6 on this thread. But you should answer the question on the place of women in your Janaah. Or is it that they are to have 72 men too?!! shocked
It is a question that is even close to this thread where you accuse Paul of being sexist. If the Quran is sexist, then you have no moral ground to accuse Paul of being same.
Re: Was Paul Sexist? by AntiChristian: 11:37am On Aug 21, 2021
Agboriotejoye:

Good. You see. So if we discountenance Gen 6:6 as you seek to. It indicates that generation of man is a product of incest. Do you agree with this based on your Quran4 :1 above?

The above does not say Adam gave birth to Eve, it means Eve was made from Adam just as Adam was from the earth! Incest is the crime of having sexual intercourse with a parent, child, sibling, or grandchild.

[/quote]It is in the Bible that what is written therein is for those who receive it and for their generations. It is not for someone who is not a part or believer in it to interpret. It's common logic. Just like an economics professor explaining quantum mechanics!! It's even more dangerous cause such attempt is what led to the fall of man in Eden and also births false prophets (Mohammed is one of such) of which we have been warned by Jesus Christ himself.[/quote] No Bible verse as usual. Just blabbing! Where did Jesus mention Bible as God's Book?

But of course you are allowed to quote. After all the devil quotes the Bible as well so why not his sons and daughters.
We can say the same of you as some of you do quote our books! But the real devil is clear!

I can and i'm ready to answer Gen6:6 on this thread. But you should answer the question on the place of women in your Janaah. Or is it that they are to have 72 men too?!! shocked
It is a question that is even close to this thread where you accuse Paul of being sexist. If the Quran is sexist, then you have no moral ground to accuse Paul of being same.
If you think Qur'an is whatever, create a thread in your name and start it.
If you can't explain why Paul is not sexist in relation to him calling "man" glory of God and "woman" glory of man, then just keep mute.
Re: Was Paul Sexist? by Agboriotejoye(m): 4:37pm On Aug 21, 2021
AntiChristian:

The above does not say Adam gave birth to Eve, it means Eve was made from Adam just as Adam was from the earth! Incest is the crime of having sexual intercourse with a parent, child, sibling, or grandchild.

It is in the Bible that what is written therein is for those who receive it and for their generations. It is not for someone who is not a part or believer in it to interpret. It's common logic. Just like an economics professor explaining quantum mechanics!! It's even more dangerous cause such attempt is what led to the fall of man in Eden and also births false prophets (Mohammed is one of such) of which we have been warned by Jesus Christ himself. No Bible verse as usual. Just blabbing! Where did Jesus mention Bible as God's Book?

We can say the same of you as some of you do quote our books! But the real devil is clear!

If you think Qur'an is whatever, create a thread in your name and start it.
If you can't explain why Paul is not sexist in relation to him calling "man" glory of God and "woman" glory of man, then just keep mute.

Hmmm Mark 4:12
So that seeing they shall see and not see, and hearing they shall hear and they shall not understand, unless perhaps they shall be converted and their sins shall be forgiven them
If all of the earth came through Adam and Eve alone. Supposing they had one male and one female, where should the wife and husband for their kids come from. If according to biblical account they had only sons, where did their wives come from? If however Adam and Eve had daughters as well (maybe from the account of the Quran), then it means the sons and daughter married themselves which equates to incest don't you think?

As for Jesus mentioning the Bible as God's book, i'll have you know that the Bible as we have it now did not exist in the time of Jesus. Only the Old testament existed and Jesus Christ the Lord of all flesh himself read from it as found in Luke 4:17. So if he did not believe the Bible was God's book, he wouldn't have read from it and used it to describe himself as found in the chapter.

As I've already explained to you, Paul did not refer to man as the glory of God or woman as the glory of man. He was simply giving the interpretation of the account of creation. It is just like a judge. A judge does not make the law, he interprets it. So if you find it offensive that the man was created before the man as Paul pointed out, you should first expunge it from your Quran before you start finding fault in Paul's very apt interpretation. Your Quran is even worse. It equates two women to one man!!
I'm more than ready to explain Gen 6:6. I'm waiting for you to tell us the reward of women in Jannah. What is stopping you by the way? Is the Quran that sexist? Or did Muhammad forget to tell you what will befall the women you treated as slaves on this earth?

1 Like

Re: Was Paul Sexist? by Nobody: 8:41pm On Aug 21, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Are you one of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES? smiley
Nope.
Just "a witness for One", as I'm called to do by God and Jesus who Saved me from sin !
Re: Was Paul Sexist? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:35pm On Aug 21, 2021
OK use a laptop, iPhone or powerful Android!

awitness41:

Nope.
Just "a witness for One", as I'm called to do by God and Jesus who Saved me from sin !
Re: Was Paul Sexist? by Nobody: 10:00pm On Aug 21, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
OK use a laptop, iPhone or powerful Android!

I did (I have a laptop), but it doesn't put the image in-line.
For example, I'll try to put a picture of a sleeping bear here:
[img][/img]
All I get is the line above.
Now, I'll make it an attachment and see what happens...

Re: Was Paul Sexist? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Aug 21, 2021
awitness41:

I did (I have a laptop), but it doesn't put the image in-line.
For example, I'll try to put a picture of a sleeping bear here:
[img][/img]
All I get is the line above.
Now, I'll make it an attachment and see what happens...

Hey, it worked !
Nevermind then, but thanks for your reply !
Have a good Sabbath day !

Sorry to everyone else for the interruption...
Re: Was Paul Sexist? by AntiChristian: 6:25am On Aug 22, 2021
Agboriotejoye:

Hmmm Mark 4:12
If all of the earth came through Adam and Eve alone. Supposing they had one male and one female, where should the wife and husband for their kids come from. If according to biblical account they had only sons, where did their wives come from? If however Adam and Eve had daughters as well (maybe from the account of the Quran), then it means the sons and daughter married themselves which equates to incest don't you think?
You can tell us how your Bible explains it make we hear?

As for Jesus mentioning the Bible as God's book, i'll have you know that the Bible as we have it now did not exist in the time of Jesus. Only the Old testament existed and Jesus Christ the Lord of all flesh himself read from it as found in Luke 4:17. So if he did not believe the Bible was God's book, he wouldn't have read from it and used it to describe himself as found in the chapter.
You are contradicting yourself. Bible doesn't exist and old testament doesn't exists too. Jesus does not know anything as a Bible. What was around then were Torah, Zabur, etc.

As I've already explained to you, Paul did not refer to man as the glory of God or woman as the glory of man. He was simply giving the interpretation of the account of creation. It is just like a judge. A judge does not make the law, he interprets it. So if you find it offensive that the man was created before the man as Paul pointed out, you should first expunge it from your Quran before you start finding fault in Paul's very apt interpretation.
Stop rambling. What Paul said was clear. He didn't say God created woman from man like the Qu'ran. He used Glory of God to represent man. It is clear as day.

Your Quran is even worse. It equates two women to one man!!
I'm more than ready to explain Gen 6:6. I'm waiting for you to tell us the reward of women in Jannah. What is stopping you by the way? Is the Quran that sexist? Or did Muhammad forget to tell you what will befall the women you treated as slaves on this earth?

Create your thread!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Best Prayer Camp In Rivers State - Prayer Camps In Portharcourt / What It Feels Like Leaving Organized Religion? / The Snake That Never Died - Eleriko Are Snake That Have Lived A Thousand Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.