Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,961 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:59 PM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (1132) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3510157 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1129) (1130) (1131) (1132) (1133) (1134) (1135) ... (2816) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Beorn: 11:02am On Oct 27, 2018
AdorableJosh:

I feel exactly the same as you, Julie Plec and her cohorts really did a number on those series and turned them into a shitty merry go round clusterfvck, and you're right about Hope being annoying, she'll probably turn out to be another silly Elena with people bending over backwards to help her. But the overly optimistic part of me won and I downloaded the first episode this morning, smh will probably give it a few episodes.

I've decided to wait till after 2 or 3 seasons before I decide if I'd watch Legacies or not, because one thing I've learned from both TVD and Originals is that the first 3 seasons are usually nice, but subsequent seasons after them are nothing but a pile of regurgitated basic storyline. Julie Plec can't keep a series interesting for long periods.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by henrydadon(m): 11:42am On Oct 27, 2018
DiggITnetwork:

Dude where have u been?
Saw this decades ago

Era of Merlin,flash forward,fringe,alias, biker rats from mars.
I think we should start a nostalgic thread....

dude not everyone have access to cable TV, not everyone have access to unlimited internet connection to watch and download these series..and beside we got new generation of people growing up who haven't seen all this series. hell, my sister is 15 and I'm sure she doesn't know what paloma and Diego is or second chance or Merlin..I hope you get my point.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 11:56am On Oct 27, 2018
Achilles100:

Go to addic7ed . com for subtitles
How can I synchronise the subtitles with the series on my mobile, i'm not using a pc
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 1:13pm On Oct 27, 2018
The CW sucks at making tv shows. I get that their shows are aimed at teen and young adults, but they should at least try and step it up a bit. Even if you're okay with the fact that 99% of their actors look like runway models, there's no hiding that almost all their shows have flimsy plot lines, copious amounts of love triangle melodrama. and pretty bad dialogue. Basically, all their shows follow the same formula. Mediocre productions are being normalized to the point that most people are complacent with sub-par quality as long as they get their characters and plot.

I hate the CW for normalizing mediocrity relative to production. Sure, they have a number of shows with amazing concepts for plots and characters, but their execution is no better than a Bollywood film. Props to people who look past bland production quality to enjoy ideas in a basic form, the gods are your strengths.

7 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by AdorableJosh(m): 1:46pm On Oct 27, 2018
Sasquatch:

How can I synchronise the subtitles with the series on my mobile, i'm not using a pc

If you have mx player, you can download subtitles with it and they synchronise automatically.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by AdorableJosh(m): 1:48pm On Oct 27, 2018
moiaimi:
I have only one word for the outpost horrible

Siren and The Outpost are two of the worst series I've seen this year, no other series come close.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Beorn: 2:05pm On Oct 27, 2018
KoiceReloaded:
The CW sucks at making tv shows. I get that their shows are aimed at teen and young adults, but they should at least try and step it up a bit. Even if you're okay with the fact that 99% of their actors look like runway models, there's no hiding that almost all their shows have flimsy plot lines, copious amounts of love triangle melodrama. and pretty bad dialogue. Basically, all their shows follow the same formula. Mediocre productions are being normalized to the point that most people are complacent with sub-par quality as long as they get their characters and plot.

I hate the CW for normalizing mediocrity relative to production. Sure, they have a number of shows with amazing concepts for plots and characters, but their execution is no better than a Bollywood film. Props to people wholook past bland production quality to enjoy ideas in a basic form, the gods are your strengths.

You couldn't have said it better. Ever since I followed this thread and read up on top series producers like HBO and Co you talked about, I've learned to ignore some series once I find out the production houses producing them. CW is good at mediocrity, and soon I might add AMC series to my list of production companies I'll ignore.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by SAMBHOSS(m): 2:24pm On Oct 27, 2018
introvertme:

this one sound!!

10 minutes into it and I'm smiling stupidly.
The cinematography burst brain, almost like it's a movie and not a series.

Warner bros at work

yeahgringrin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 2:36pm On Oct 27, 2018
Beorn:

You couldn't have said it better. Ever since I followed this thread and read up on top series producers like HBO and Co you talked about, I've learned to ignore some series once I find out the production houses producing them. CW is good at mediocrity, and soon I might add AMC series to my list of production companies I'll ignore.
AMC are prone to odd cases of epileptic fits and whatnot, but more often than not, they're known for quality television. They gave us gems like:

- Breaking Bad
- Preacher
- The Walking Dead from season 1 to 6
- Mad Men
- Halt and Catch Fire
- Turn
- The Terror
- Lodge 49
- McMafia (Co-production with BBC)
- Better Call Saul
- Fear the Walking Dead from season 2-3
- Into The Badlands
- The Killing
- Hell on Wheels

They are by no means the gold standard for television, not like HBO, but they are in the top 5. Contrastry, the CW are not even in the top 15.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 2:39pm On Oct 27, 2018
AdorableJosh:

If you have mx player, you can download subtitles with it and they synchronise automatically.
Thank you, going to download the app now

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by ositadima1(m): 3:22pm On Oct 27, 2018
henrydadon:

dude not everyone have access to cable TV, not everyone have access to unlimited internet connection to watch and download these series..and beside we got new generation of people growing up who haven't seen all this series. hell, my sister is 15 and I'm sure she doesn't know what paloma and Diego is or second chance or Merlin..I hope you get my point.

Where can I download second chance, El corpo del desero, I have been looking everywhere. I remember following this show on ABS Onitsha. Please, anyone with a download link ?

There are other classics like "Egoli" and "The secret of the sand" that I would luv to see again.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 4:38pm On Oct 27, 2018
The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina

Up to episode 3, and the blurry shots have ruined the show for me. What genius thought filming with a vertical phone and blurring the edges was a good idea?? Probably hired a cameraman straight from YouTube. Nonsense and ingredients. angry
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by henrydadon(m): 4:42pm On Oct 27, 2018
ositadima1:

Where can I download second chance, El corpo del desero, I have been looking everywhere. I remember following this show on ABS Onitsha. Please, anyone with a download link ?

There are other classics like "Egoli" and "The secret of the sand" that I would luv to see again.

I'm sure if you search the whole internet you will eventually find it
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 4:48pm On Oct 27, 2018
The Discovery of Witches
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by DiggITnetwork: 4:51pm On Oct 27, 2018
henrydadon:

Hmmm I do agree with you but with new content coming out everyday your sis should watch new stuff ooo not old ones (playing catch up is kinda hard)
....and oh I watch some of these series on terrestrial TV /99 in 1 collection /50 in 1 DVD
My DVD works well oo
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by DiggITnetwork: 4:53pm On Oct 27, 2018
KoiceReloaded:
The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina

Up to episode 3, and the blurry shots have ruined the show for me. What genius thought filming with a vertical phone and blurring the edges was a good idea?? Probably hired a cameraman straight from YouTube. Nonsense and ingredients. angry

Ouch....
That hurts
Am a youtuber
It's not fair joor
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by DiggITnetwork: 5:01pm On Oct 27, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

Mehn, we don old oo! grin grin

I agree, we should start a nostalgic thread. So much to reminisce about.

*LOL
oya open it na
You are the boss
Am even scared of titles that will drop from you like The pretender...
Oh lord .......
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by DiggITnetwork: 5:05pm On Oct 27, 2018
Beorn:

I think we all do this subconsiously especially if its series.
...and has anyone watched(rolls eyes here) the spinoff of a spinoff Legacies.
Ratings seems good. (Well that is how they start until they just lose and spiral down)
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by keryj(f): 5:09pm On Oct 27, 2018
JUSTME2SY:
Grey's Anatomy.
Woa a must watch series for anybody looking for
Entertmnt, Knowledge, Romance etc.
In fact i wept for Izzie (the lady residence Dr) when Danney Dukket (Heart transplant recipient)
whom Izzie fell in love with while he was patient.
Honestly a most watch film.

Season what is it on now
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 5:30pm On Oct 27, 2018
why is nobody talking about A million little things

KoiceReloaded
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by introvertme: 5:50pm On Oct 27, 2018
hubcap:
why is nobody talking about A million little things

Because its on ABC.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaziar: 6:12pm On Oct 27, 2018
AdorableJosh:

Siren and The Outpost are two of the worst series I've seen this year, no other series come close.
The outpost is a silly excuse for a TV show.

4 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by xavieree(f): 6:17pm On Oct 27, 2018
EmmGee:

always sunny in philadelphia makes me laugh and cringe at the same time
xactly...the things they say thou
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by xavieree(f): 6:19pm On Oct 27, 2018
The Haunting of Hill House......an extremely cool horror series
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 6:39pm On Oct 27, 2018
lol, the show is mad!

if you love thisisus, then a million little things is for you

introvertme:

Because its on ABC.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Electronzeez(m): 7:14pm On Oct 27, 2018
ANGELMARVE:
Guys this is the link to the official fans thread of the legacies.
Its starting tonight on the cw network.
For the fans of the vampire dairies and the originals..

https://www.nairaland.com/4809709/official-fans-thread-legacies

Hope Michelson is a terrible character .I am not seeing this.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Achilles100: 7:36pm On Oct 27, 2018
Sasquatch:

I use MX Player, from the drop-down , you will see where to add subtitle.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by AdorableJosh(m): 8:08pm On Oct 27, 2018
Kaziar:

The outpost is a silly excuse for a TV show.

It reminds me of The Shannara Chronicles angry
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 10:09pm On Oct 27, 2018
henrydadon:
y'all should go see misfit

it a teenage British drama..very very good.

really good series saw it around 2013/2014, almost lost interest after nathan left but they introduced another joker,the guy with multiple personalities.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by moiaimi(f): 10:15pm On Oct 27, 2018
AdorableJosh:

and I was planing to watch siren thanks a lot I don't want another outpost in my life
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by moiaimi(f): 10:20pm On Oct 27, 2018
DiggITnetwork:

I think we all do this subconsiously especially if its series.
...and has anyone watched(rolls eyes here) the spinoff of a spinoff Legacies.
Ratings seems good. (Well that is how they start until they just lose and spiral down)
the episode one of legacies to me is a waste of MB

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Beorn: 10:37pm On Oct 27, 2018
How To Get Away With Murder!! This series is bae. Each episode keeps you yearning for more. This season has a lot of shocks, twists, and betrayal in store for us.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1129) (1130) (1131) (1132) (1133) (1134) (1135) ... (2816) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.