Stats: 3,151,907 members, 7,814,068 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:19 AM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (1135) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3512192 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1132) (1133) (1134) (1135) (1136) (1137) (1138) ... (2817) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaziar: 1:16am On Oct 29, 2018
introvertme:
I just finished YOU Tv series.

I was about to read the book when something prompted me to search if a movie or a show was out already.

I can't describe this in one word.

If you ever wondered what gone girl would look like if it was a TV show then You need to see this, I'm shocked amazed, happy and I'm took weak to type anything meaningful because i just finished binge watching 7 episodes.

Read the novel awhile back, yet to see it in motion picture though, perhaps early next month. The gone girl 2014 film didn't do the novel masterpiece any justice, I'd hate to imagine a TV show toe the same line.
Hopefully, You is a different ballgame. Cause movies and shows based off of books rarely do their source material any justice.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by warriboy21(m): 5:05am On Oct 29, 2018
Pls guz.. where can I download or stream jack Ryan.. thanks !
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 6:55am On Oct 29, 2018
Mutaino7:

I haven't seen the show, but since I'm partial to Aussie tv shows, and coupled with the fact that it's also spy themed, I'll most likely like it. Will give it a look-in.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 7:03am On Oct 29, 2018
Kaziar:

Read the novel awhile back, yet to see it in motion picture though, perhaps early next month. The gone girl 2014 film didn't do the novel masterpiece any justice, I'd hate to imagine a TV show toe the same line.
Hopefully, You is a different ballgame. Cause movies and shows based off of books rarely do their source material any justice.

A tv show is most likely to succeed where a movie won't for the fact that tv shows are much longer, and thus, have the appropriate timeframe for exposition, world building, characterization, and plot development.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by dannyfillz(m): 7:25am On Oct 29, 2018
Who else is anticipating for the last ship season 5 episode 8?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 7:42am On Oct 29, 2018
Singapore1:

Seems you don't get my argument, my point is not whether are not theu are making much compare to Netflix ,amazon, ABC, CBS etc, I'm telling you the have a target audience and they are doing fine in that aspect, they are simply not the best network out there and their revenue is nothing compare to Netflix, HBO, CBS... And also I said REVENUE, not PROFIT
But you can't expect everyone to be watching HBO shows and the likes.
Like I said some CW shows are targeted at TEENS, I don't care about whether it shitty show or not..

I sometimes upgrade my dstv bouquet because of those cartoons networks ( because of the young ones at home), some channel are full of sh!t but it's not like that to others, that's why we have varieties...

Do a research and ask teens to choose between Westworld and the flash .. You will see the result ..

They are not the best TV network and I rarely watch CW series.. I stopped watching arrow after season 1 .. Etc etc
I'm a 17 year old teen and if I were to choose between westworld and the flash, i pick the former, my kid brother watches the flash, that series actually attracts the kids as the target audience, basically CW attracts anybody regardless of their mindset, everyone has their specific taste, am I knee deep in CW shows, hell no! But back then I did have my perks, i loved smallville, the vampire dairies (I read the books first) but the more you grow, you know who you are and you know what you want and the complicated plots and unoriginality keeps you in a loop, same goes for the character development, i grew up pretty fast, i mean I read the vampire dairies novels when I was 12, so I grew out of those shows early, now, i would rather read the comic books of Supergirl, the flash, riverdale etc and the novel based ones than watch any of the series, after all, almost all their shows are based on novels and comics, not all teens are the same

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 7:56am On Oct 29, 2018
dannyfillz:
Who else is anticipating for the last ship season 5 episode9 8?
already out.. Downloading

Together with airstrike.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by SAMBHOSS(m): 7:59am On Oct 29, 2018
How Good is THE DEUCE??

Anyone??
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by introvertme: 8:39am On Oct 29, 2018
Kaziar:

I doubt if you would like the show if the gone girl adaptation wasn't great for you.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by introvertme: 8:39am On Oct 29, 2018
SAMBHOSS:
How Good is THE DEUCE??

Anyone??
Manageable
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 8:45am On Oct 29, 2018
SAMBHOSS:
How Good is THE DEUCE??

Anyone??

I haven't started on season 2, but season 1 was superb. The writing is just so incredibly strong that so much is conveyed through the dialogue. It's a typical David simon show (the guy that created The Wire), where it's all about the characters and the world they live in.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 8:53am On Oct 29, 2018
The Last Ship is about clinching my best 2018 series from power.
Back to back masterpiece.
Last ship season 5 episode 8.......9.8/10

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 8:54am On Oct 29, 2018
Sasquatch:

I'm a 17 year old teen...

Shouldn't you be revising for Waec/Neco and Jamb exams?

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by SAMBHOSS(m): 9:54am On Oct 29, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

I haven't started on season 2, but season 1 was superb. The writing is just so incredibly strong that so much is conveyed through the dialogue. It's a typical David simon show (the guy that created The Wire), where it's all about the characters and the world they live in.

thanks....
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Yampotatocarrot(m): 11:12am On Oct 29, 2018
Friedyokes:
arrested development

Okay... Will check it out. I need more though (Oliver Twist things)
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Hueyreckless0007: 12:12pm On Oct 29, 2018
Red Oaks smiley smiley
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 12:17pm On Oct 29, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

Lol, shouldn't you be at work, i was done with sec school 16 and i recently gained admission, so I have no problem yet

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by AdorableJosh(m): 1:06pm On Oct 29, 2018
The Little Drummer Girl is next on my to watch list.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by MobileGees: 3:20pm On Oct 29, 2018
Yampotatocarrot:
Please, house, I need a comedy series

I've watched Friends/How I met your mother/Last man on earth/Big bang theory/Two and a half men

I need more, mbok

Everybody Hates Chris

You won't be disappointed I promise
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by MobileGees: 3:25pm On Oct 29, 2018
Finished Sleepy Hollow Season 3 and I would say it just average, just way too many loopholes

Recently Movies writer have become really lazy that they can't write a good show that's spans half a decade the show must lose taste in between and that's affecting movie audience who are now settling for mediocrity
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by sod09(m): 3:50pm On Oct 29, 2018
SAMBHOSS:
How Good is THE DEUCE??

Anyone??
i dont understand that shiit

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by AdorableJosh(m): 4:06pm On Oct 29, 2018
MobileGees:
Finished Sleepy Hollow Season 3 and I would say it just average, just way too many loopholes

Recently Movies writer have become really lazy that they can't write a good show that's spans half a decade the show must lose taste in between and that's affecting movie audience who are now settling for mediocrity

Seasons 1 & 2 were okay, season 3 was meh, 4 was utter crap.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by kenniology(m): 4:58pm On Oct 29, 2018
krattoss:
already out.. Downloading
Together with airstrike.
what site did you get airstrike?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 5:02pm On Oct 29, 2018
kenniology:
what site did you get airstrike?
netnaija.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Yampotatocarrot(m): 5:45pm On Oct 29, 2018
MobileGees:

Everybody Hates Chris

You won't be disappointed I promise

I've been hearing about this one for a while now... Will definitely check it out.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 6:42pm On Oct 29, 2018
Inside No. 9

Season 4

A British dark drama anthology. Follows Black Mirror - esque format, in the sense that every episode is a standalone. It's pretty good.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by introvertme: 7:14pm On Oct 29, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

Not every 16 year old are secondary school students.
I was in my second year at that age.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by introvertme: 7:22pm On Oct 29, 2018
YOU episode 8 is out.
The series is like a drug to me.
Finished DaVinci's demons
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 5:23am On Oct 30, 2018
introvertme:

Not every 16 year old are secondary school students.

I was in my second year at that age.

16 year old 200 level student? Let's do a quick maths... okay, the implication being you must have passed your junior WASSCE exams as a 9/10 year old. But that's not the most interesting bit. You see, you'd have to skip an elementary school education (primary school), to make taking your junior exams at a tender age of 9 a feasibility. So, did you? Are you some kind of super genius?

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Machini(m): 6:09am On Oct 30, 2018
Some people would never admit they are wrong, never!

I'll wait for them to prove me wrong.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by introvertme: 6:20am On Oct 30, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

16 year old 200 level student? Let's do a quick maths... okay, the implication being you must have passed your junior WASSCE exams as a 9/10 year old. But that's not the most interesting bit. You see, you'd have to skip an elementary school education (primary school), to make taking your junior exams at a tender age of 9 a feasibility. So, did you? Are you some kind of super genius?

Actually 11 years old.

i skipped classes.

Attended primary 5 and 6 classes when i was in primary 4 so i could skip them. Nearly half of my class at that time did it.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 7:32am On Oct 30, 2018
introvertme:

Actually 11 years old.

i skipped classes.

Attended primary 5 and 6 classes when i was in primary 4 so i could skip them. Nearly half of my class at that time did it.

Even if it were true, 16 years is far too young to be rubbing shoulders with adults, not to talk of having to deal with grownup courses and extra baggage that comes with them. I need to have words with your parents for their questionable judgement. Shoving a young 'un into a world he was utterly emotional and mentally unprepared for is a psychological abuse. angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (1132) (1133) (1134) (1135) (1136) (1137) (1138) ... (2817) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: WHITELIGHTER and 1 guest(s)