Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,804 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:38 AM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (1262) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3524047 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1259) (1260) (1261) (1262) (1263) (1264) (1265) ... (2820) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by MobileGees: 11:37pm On May 05, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

This is what happens when you have comprehension problems. Compared to klaus, he's "much more grounded and realistic". Klaus that can fly and move at a speed of light. Gimme a break.

And

Night king can raise the dead how's that realistic? NightKing himself is not even a living being that blows your whole realistic crap into the water

You don't know Klaus so how are you comparing?

Go and sleep bro

Don't worry I agree with you NightKing is realistic

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 11:41pm On May 05, 2019
MobileGees:

And

Night king can raise the dead how's that realistic? NightKing himself is not even a living being that blows your whole realistic crap into the water

You don't know Klaus so how are you comparing?

Go and read, bro. Stop showing your ignorance. Vodoo and necromancy are real life practices that can raise the dead.

I knew Klaus from VD, and from what I've gleaned from you, he's the same one dimensional character of old.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by MobileGees: 12:01am On May 06, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Go and read, bro. Stop showing your ignorance. Vodoo and necromancy are real life practices that can raise the dead.

Take a look at this two pics and tell me which one looks more realistic grin grin grin

Koicereloaded don't do this to yourself na

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by MobileGees: 12:03am On May 06, 2019
I won't even talk of the fact that you have managed to divert the argument to somewhere else because you've run out arguments but still Klaus beats Night King in every aspect a villain should

Koicereloaded Night King and Klaus in thesame sentence is an abomination
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 12:09am On May 06, 2019
MobileGees:

Take a look at this two pics and tell me which one looks more realistic grin grin grin

Koicereloaded don't do this to yourself na

Guy, stop arguing like a child. We're talking about deeds, and you're showing me pictures?? Jesus!

Btw, have you seen a mummified cadaver? Google it and have a looksee. They don't look human. The Night King is an undead - a mummified cadaver that is somehow alive.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 12:20am On May 06, 2019
MobileGees:
I won't even talk of the fact that you have managed to divert the argument to somewhere else because you've run out arguments but still Klaus beats Night King in every aspect a villain should

Koicereloaded Night King and Klaus in thesame sentence is an abomination

Go and sleep. Quote me when you have grown a brain. I'm done with this ridiculous back and forth.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by ositadima1(m): 8:53am On May 06, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Klaus from the Vampire Diaries was a one dimensional character. Can't say for The Originals for I have no intention of ever seeing that _shit, but my guess is he was the same.

The Night King had layers to him. What you see may not be what you'll get. There is a silent dread about him, and yet a certain hint of dignity. He doesn't talk at all, but held sway over a large undead army and dragon. As a character, he's much more grounded, realistic. and relatable. He's a well written character.

Bottom line, The Night King is the better villain.

WTF man, you can't let go. What do you mean by realistic and relatable? I bet you own a dragon in your backyard.

Ok, let me school you bro, Klaus also has access to a large army, he can sire young vampires and have them do his bidding. He is relatable as he can talk intelligently, NK is just a brute with magical powers.

Klaus has proved to be a formidable character again and again, charming and charismatic.

What is NKs game plan self, to overrun the world with the undead? Does it even make sense bro?

The more you try to defend this your weak stand the less sense you make. Klaus ranks above the NK any day.

NK
* Owns an army of undead, can resurrect the dead (brain dead brutes).
* He owns a dragon he can't utilise effectively to his advantage.
* He lacks basic strategic thinking.
* Quite slow

Klaus
* He likes acting alone, can sire young vampires with good mental ability.
* He is a master strategist, he survived through millennia always being a step ahead his enemies.
* He is fast both mentally and physically.

Bro I would rather be Klaus than a pitiful Nk, let's not forget he was bested by a girl.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by ositadima1(m): 9:00am On May 06, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Guy, stop arguing like a child. We're talking about deeds, and you're showing me pictures?? Jesus!

Btw, have you seen a mummified cadaver? Google it and have a looksee. They don't look human. The Night King is an undead - a mummified cadaver that is somehow alive.

I see, you are joking all along. You got me bro. Peace.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 3:37pm On May 06, 2019
The barrister has given the answer already, so please game of thrones fans should be guided.

I love The game of thrones, but Klaus michealson was a legend, feard and known all over the world, far and near.

In the Game of thrones, not many people knew about the night king, Those in king landing don't know about him and have never heard of him, not until season 7 when a White walker was brought to Cercie and even at that, she showed no signs of fright because she knew how to destroy the night king, even if the night king defeated Danerys and her dragons, first of all, the great sea separating kings landing and the north is of greater advantage to Cercei in destroying the night king and this was why she was never afraid.

But Klaus was known all over the world even by those he has never seen or met, he was feared and worshipped, he is a living legend that has cemented his name in the books of history.

He was the villain Micheal Jackson of his time.

Klsuse is the greatest villain ever, that he can even talk his way out of hell.

Long live Klaus Michelson.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by tolulope2021(m): 4:24pm On May 06, 2019
@koice,

i dont comment much here but I do follow most comments here... I have never seen someone as brutal as Klaus. Very smart, and always one step ahead. I would implore you to watch this.

I failed 3 times when watching breaking bad, I couldnt get past episode 1. But wen I read your comment about 4 series you love most and breaking bad was amo y, I just download the episode 2 again maybe I can get past it.

So, it won't be a bad decision if you can see "the originals" then you can see what most people have been saying because I can see you are the 9nmy one on the opposite if I'm Right.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by justinaa2012: 5:00pm On May 06, 2019
10/10 for me..
aktem:
I think breaking bad is overrated. Though the series is a interesting one, just through with season 2..but i'm not "feeling it much" . I prefer last kingdom,vikings,game of throne and strike back to it... Currently watching "chuck"..The series too sweet....deserves 9/10 rating.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by handsomebanana(m): 5:52pm On May 06, 2019
You

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by handsomebanana(m): 5:57pm On May 06, 2019
sod09:
santa Klaus nah grin

Good one
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 6:23pm On May 06, 2019
tolulope2021:
@koice,

i dont comment much here but I do follow most comments here... I have never seen someone as brutal as Klaus. Very smart, and always one step ahead. I would implore you to watch this.

I failed 3 times when watching breaking bad, I couldnt get past episode 1. But wen I read your comment about 4 series you love most and breaking bad was amo y, I just download the episode 2 again maybe I can get past it.

So, it won't be a bad decision if you can see "the originals" then you can see what most people have been saying because I can see you are the 9nmy one on the opposite if I'm Right.

I'm gonna be blunt cuz I want y'all to know where I'm coming from, and why I will always look down on shows like The Originals.

First, I use a filter system to pick my shows;

- Basically, any show with adult content is likely to interest me.
- Any show that has too much drama is likely to bore me.
- With very few exceptions, I don't watch shows that exceed 13 episodes.
- I don't like shows that are very heavily censored.
- I hate comedies with laugh tracks
- I love mockumentaries.
- Big fan of sci-fi.
- Not a big fan of reality tv.
- I dig British mysteries and comedies
- Except for few exceptions, I ignore shows from NBC, FOX, the CW, CBS, and ABC.
- I prioritize HBO, AMC, Amazon Prime, BBC One and Two, FX, Netflix, Hulu and Showtime shows

Secondly, I_fucking despise the CW.

CW tv shows in three sentences:
- Season 1: Good story, decent characterizations, decent mysteries, and villain.
- Season 2: Story is still good but noticeably weaker, characterization and mystery have stalled
- Season 3: Very weak story, characters have started acting moronic, OTT villains that are poorly developed,
mysteries that dragged out too long, and have become uninteresting, trash filler episodes, and unnecessary
cliffhangers.

Basically, CW shows revolve around the trifect of wash, rinse and repeat, and hence, don't possess enough aptitude to mentally and emotionally satisfy mature audiences. CW fanboyism is a legit way of spotting an emotionally immature person(s) aka teenagers... or emotionally stunted adults.

The CW sucks at making tv shows. I get that their shows are aimed at teen and young adults, but they should at least try and step it up a bit. Even if you're okay with the fact that 99% of their actors look like runway models, there's no hiding that almost all their shows have flimsy plot lines, copious amounts of love triangle melodrama. and pretty bad dialogue. Basically, all their shows follow the same formula. Mediocre productions are being normalized to the point that most people are complacent with sub-par quality as long as they get their characters and plot.

I hate the CW for normalizing mediocrity relative to production. Sure, they have a number of shows with amazing
concepts for plots and characters, but their execution is no better than a Bollywood film. Props to people who look
past bland production quality to enjoy ideas in a basic form, God is your strength. grin

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 6:33pm On May 06, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

- Except for few exceptions, I ignore shows from NBC, FOX, the CW, Fox, CBS, and ABC.
- I prioritize AMC, HBO, Amazon Prime, BBC One and Two, FX, Netflix, Hulu and Showtime shows

Fixed smiley
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 6:35pm On May 06, 2019
rationalmind:

Fixed smiley
Yeah, that one too, I missed it. cheesy
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 6:35pm On May 06, 2019
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 6:43pm On May 06, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Yeah, that one too, I missed it. cheesy

That was obvious smiley

After HBO, You've got to give it to AMC.

Breaking bad
The walking dead
Into the Badlands
Macmafia
Better call Saul
Killing Eve (I no too like this one)

Ati be be lo

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 6:48pm On May 06, 2019
rationalmind:

It was obvious smiley

After HBO, You've got to give it to AMC.

Breaking bad
The walking dead
Into the Badlands
Macmafia
Better call Saul
Killing Eve (I no too like this one)

Ati be be lo

AMC are heavy hitters for sure. cheesy

- Breaking Bad
- Preacher
- The Walking Dead from season 1 to 6
- Mad Men
- Halt and Catch Fire
- Turn
- The Terror
- Lodge 49
- McMafia (Co-production with BBC)
- Better Call Saul
- Fear the Walking Dead from season 2-3
- Into The Badlands
- The Killing
- Hell on Wheels
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Joered63: 7:09pm On May 06, 2019
As someone who has seen both vampire dairies and the Originals. I can tell you that both are just mediocre trash. VD started well but they became confused along the way and I couldn't stomach it anymore. The Originals on the other hand, I was drawn to it by my friend against my better judgment and I couldn't get past season 1. In fact, I never venture near anything CW again. I wonder how people still watch shows like Flash, Supergirl etc that have become instruments to spread identity politics and SJW agendas.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Hueyreckless0007: 7:35pm On May 06, 2019

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Achilles100: 8:58pm On May 06, 2019
Joered63:
As someone who has seen both vampire dairies and the Originals. I can tell you that both are just mediocre trash. VD started well but they became confused along the way and I couldn't stomach it anymore. The Originals on the other hand, I was drawn to it by my friend against my better judgment and I couldn't get past season 1. In fact, I never venture near anything CW again. I wonder how people still watch shows like Flash, Supergirl etc that have become instruments to spread identity politics and SJW agendas.

I HATE ANYTHING FROM CW. IT HAS TRASH WRITTEN ALL OVER IT. IMO

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by johnyace(m): 9:45pm On May 06, 2019
Chai grin grin Cobra kai is just too awesome, the season finale was way too epic , funny and emotional at the same time. cool

YouTube red did great with this one.

I just hope that Miguel doesn't get paralyzed cry cry
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by introvertme: 4:26am On May 07, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

I'm gonna be blunt cuz I want y'all to know where I'm coming from, and why I will always look down on shows like The Originals.

First, I use a filter system to pick my shows;

- Basically, any show with adult content is likely to interest me.
- Any show that has too much drama is likely to bore me.
- With very few exceptions, I don't watch shows that exceed 13 episodes.
- I don't like shows that are very heavily censored.
- I hate comedies with laugh tracks
- I love mockumentaries.
- Big fan of sci-fi.
- Not a big fan of reality tv.
- I dig British mysteries and comedies
- Except for few exceptions, I ignore shows from NBC, FOX, the CW, CBS, and ABC.
- I prioritize HBO, AMC, Amazon Prime, BBC One and Two, FX, Netflix, Hulu and Showtime shows

Secondly, I_fucking despise the CW.

CW tv shows in three sentences:
- Season 1: Good story, decent characterizations, decent mysteries, and villain.
- Season 2: Story is still good but noticeably weaker, characterization and mystery have stalled
- Season 3: Very weak story, characters have started acting moronic, OTT villains that are poorly developed,
mysteries that dragged out too long, and have become uninteresting, trash filler episodes, and unnecessary
cliffhangers.

Basically, CW shows revolve around the trifect of wash, rinse and repeat, and hence, don't possess enough aptitude to mentally and emotionally satisfy mature audiences. CW fanboyism is a legit way of spotting an emotionally immature person(s) aka teenagers... or emotionally stunted adults.

The CW sucks at making tv shows. I get that their shows are aimed at teen and young adults, but they should at least try and step it up a bit. Even if you're okay with the fact that 99% of their actors look like runway models, there's no hiding that almost all their shows have flimsy plot lines, copious amounts of love triangle melodrama. and pretty bad dialogue. Basically, all their shows follow the same formula. Mediocre productions are being normalized to the point that most people are complacent with sub-par quality as long as they get their characters and plot.

I hate the CW for normalizing mediocrity relative to production. Sure, they have a number of shows with amazing
concepts for plots and characters, but their execution is no better than a Bollywood film. Props to people who look
past bland production quality to enjoy ideas in a basic form, God is your strength. grin

Very unnecessary rant.

The originals is the only decent show on CW.

Following a single show done by the Channel doesn't make you a fanboy.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by ositadima1(m): 6:49am On May 07, 2019
introvertme:

Very unnecessary rant.

They managed to turn it into CW vs AMC and HBO contest. shocked

What a bunch of pricks. grin

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 7:36am On May 07, 2019
introvertme:

Very unnecessary rant.

Nigga please. The Original is a typical CW show, it ticked every box.

Over-the-top villain... check, good looking actors... check, love triangle... check, filler episodes... check, flimsy plot lines... check, mediocre voice acting... check, kindergarten dialogue... check, censored content... check, poor acting... check, melodramatic cliffhangers... check.

Any one that can enjoy a hogwash like The Originals and come online to rave about the show and the show's ridiculous over-the-top villain is a typical fanboy. A person like that would enjoy other shows with similar themes, which is pretty much CW forte.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 7:47am On May 07, 2019
johnyace:
Chai grin grin Cobra kai is just too awesome, the season finale was way too epic , funny and emotional at the same time. cool

YouTube red did great with this one.

I just hope that Miguel doesn't get paralyzed cry cry

YouTube Red is on a good run atm. Have you seen Wayne and Origin? If the answer's no, check them out. You're in for an hell of a ride.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by johnyace(m): 8:09am On May 07, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

YouTube Red is on a good run atm. Have you seen Wayne and Origin? If the answer's no, check them out. You're in for an hell of a ride.
I have seen origin it's great so far, it gives me that expanse vibe

Haven't seen Wayne yet , Will check it out later
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by ositadima1(m): 8:33am On May 07, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Nigga please. The Original is a typical CW show, it ticked every box.

Over-the-top villain... check, good looking actors... check, love triangle... check, filler episodes... check, flimsy plot lines... check, mediocre voice acting... check, kindergarten dialogue... check, censored content... check, poor acting... check, melodramatic cliffhangers... check.

Any one that can enjoy a hogwash like The Originals and come online to rave about the show and the show's ridiculous over-the-top villain is a typical fanboy. A person like that would enjoy other shows with similar themes, which is pretty much CW forte.

All this blah blah is uncalled for, if someone asked you to compare the Samsung galaxy s10 and iPhone XS would you lunch into a long tirade about how apple is a world class company while Samsung is shitty? Or would you start comparing America with South Korea?

First, it was the Klaus vs Walter White, then the Originals vs Breaking Bad, later on, the Originals vs GOT. All irrelevant to the simple question, WTF man. Finally, it turned into a CW vs AMC.

You too much bro. undecided

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 9:08am On May 07, 2019
ositadima1:

All this blah blah is uncalled for, if someone asked you to compare the Samsung galaxy s10 and iPhone XS would you lunch into a long tirade about how apple is a world class company while Samsung is shitty? Or would you start comparing America with South Korea?

First, it was the Klaus vs Walter White, then the Originals vs Breaking Bad, later on, the Originals vs GOT. All irrelevant to the simple question, WTF man. Finally, it turned into a CW vs AMC.

You too much bro. undecided

I love Apple and Samsung products. They are top tier brands. Your analogue is dumb.

But wait o... are you trying to equate the nonsensical The Originals with Samsung S10/iPhone Xs? Lmao. grin grin

Equating it with an Infinix or itel phone would be more apt. Much more apt. It's a mediocre tv show and thus, should be compared to a mediocre phone.grin grin grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by ositadima1(m): 9:19am On May 07, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

I love Apple and Samsung products. They are top tier brands. Your analogue is dumb.

But wait o... are you trying to equate the nonsensical The Originals with Samsung S10? Lmao. grin grin

Equating it with an Infinix or itel phone would have been more apt. Much more apt. It's a mediocre tv show and thus, should be compared to a mediocre phone.grin grin grin

tongue

Prick!!
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 9:39am On May 07, 2019
Just learnt Netflix picked up Designated Survivor. Hopefully, the third season will be better than the previous two.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1259) (1260) (1261) (1262) (1263) (1264) (1265) ... (2820) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: matosneh(m), habex005(m), profoslan(m) and 1 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83