Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:29 PM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (1352) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3505411 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1349) (1350) (1351) (1352) (1353) (1354) (1355) ... (2815) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 1:01pm On Aug 19, 2019
krattoss:
yoga we will get there sooner than later.
I currently have a download speed of average 2mb/s with airtel in my location.

I get as high as 30gig+ with 4k on their 100!% data welcome bonus for 3 months.
And after the 3 months, I dump the sim for another and the cycle continues.

Our service providers is the most competitive in the country today and competition brings innovation.

We weren't here last couple of years ago.

I still believe we I'll get there someday soon.

2Mbps is kinda slow. The lowest internet speed you'll get here is 3G-esque 5Mbps and will only cost you $20 per month.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 1:02pm On Aug 19, 2019
realestniggah:

You see stuff like this are things I dream of.. Not kidding, and I really want to stop dreaming. I pray that day will come when I won't have to check how much data I have left.

I believe Nigeria will get there... eventually. It will take time though.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 1:07pm On Aug 19, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

2Mbps is kinda slow. The lowest internet speed you'll get here is 3G-esque 5Mbps and will only cost you $20 per month.
bro..naija and USA no be mates.

Am just trying to let the guy know that we ain't there doesn't mean we wont get there.

Although some states like ABJ,lagos and some big cities enjoy up to 12mb/S.

And I can guess that some local areas over there have slow internet speed as well.
But all in all, am not trying to compare in any way

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by ShitStain(m): 1:08pm On Aug 19, 2019
Just finished watching 'Russian doll'... pretty interesting series!
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 1:09pm On Aug 19, 2019
krattoss:

Am just trying to let the guy know that we ain't there doesn't mean we wont get there.

And I can guess that some local areas over there have slow internet speed as well.

Fair enough.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Singapore1(m): 1:14pm On Aug 19, 2019
krattoss:

24Mbps here in IB ( 3MB/s ) on a 15k/month plan ( 60GB with 100% bonus making 120GB )
it's the best you will see where i am and it's what my whole household use. ( 4 people )

it's not the best but do the works plus unlimited browsing from 1-7am
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 1:17pm On Aug 19, 2019
Singapore1:

24Mbps here in IB ( 3MB/s ) on a 15k/month plan ( 60GB with 100% bonus making 120GB )
it's the best you will see where i am and it's what my whole household use. ( 4 people )

which network is that?
Now that's what am talking about
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 1:21pm On Aug 19, 2019
Singapore1:

I think you meant 24MBps, cuz Mbps and Mb/s are basically the same thing.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Singapore1(m): 1:21pm On Aug 19, 2019
krattoss:
which network is that?
Now that's what am talking about
spectranet, it's location dependent ( typical nigeria network )
i prefer it because it's available in abuja,lagos and ibadan .... i shuttle between these states monthly so i dont get to be changing network

shitty Networks in Nigeria is also the reason i lost interest in playing online games couple with low latency. especially when playing FIFA i can't allow one small boy from bulgaria be disgracing me, it can be pretty annoying for most online competitive game..

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Singapore1(m): 1:22pm On Aug 19, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

I think you meant to write 24MBps, cuz Mbps and Mb/s are basically the same thing.
yeah MBps i meant

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 1:23pm On Aug 19, 2019
Singapore1:

spectranet, it's location dependent ( typical nigeria network )
i prefer it because it's available in abuja,lagos and ibadan .... i shuttle between these states monthly so i dont get to be changing network
I learnt that speactranet has volte?
Is it true?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Singapore1(m): 1:26pm On Aug 19, 2019
krattoss:
I learnt that speactranet has volte?
Is it true?

i don't think so, only Ntel does
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 1:28pm On Aug 19, 2019
Singapore1:

yeah MBps i meant

Then it should be the other way round. 8Mbps = 1MBps.

Thus, 24Mbps = 3MBps.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Singapore1(m): 1:29pm On Aug 19, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Then it should be the other way round. 8Mbps = 1MBps.

Thus, 24Mbps = 3MBps.

i tend to interchange them alot and that's bad especially for someone with networking BG grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 1:31pm On Aug 19, 2019
Singapore1:

i tend to interchange them alot and that's bad especially for someone with networking BG grin

It's alright. I used to make the same mistakes. It can be confusing.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by AdorableJosh(m): 1:34pm On Aug 19, 2019
Ah! Elementary, what a thoroughly satisfying series finale.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by sod09(m): 1:51pm On Aug 19, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

chai and im celebrating my 4g for reaching 5.6mbps
let me hide my face grin

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 2:20pm On Aug 19, 2019
sod09:
chai and im celebrating my 4g for reaching 5.6mbps
let me hide my face grin

5.6Mbps isn't bad speed-wise, but calling it 4G is hilarious. Naija, I hail una. grin grin

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Brukx(m): 5:33pm On Aug 19, 2019
The "Saint of all Killers" is giving me goosebumps. I feel DC should make this character a major player

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Miggs(m): 10:02pm On Aug 19, 2019
I just watched Mindhunter season two.The show still maintains its aesthetic quality.Unfortunately,the season got bugged down with the Atlanta child murders storyline.The highlight of the season was the Charles Manson interview.
Overall,it was an okay season.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by isaiah9(m): 10:42pm On Aug 19, 2019
Just finished Boardwalk Empire and it was a masterpiece. Didn't like the end though. In the final episode when Nucky was saying goodbye to his brother (eli) really got me emotional because they reminded me of my younger brother (God rest his soul) and i. How we struggled as kids and when i said goodbye when he passed. Chai cry cry

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Goddys(m): 4:52am On Aug 20, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Bro, please can you help me with a link to download boardwalk empire season 1 episode 1?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Goddys(m): 4:54am On Aug 20, 2019
isaiah9:
Just finished Boardwalk Empire and it was a masterpiece. Didn't like the end though. In the final episode when Nucky was saying goodbye to his brother (eli) really got me emotional because they reminded me of my younger brother (God rest his soul) and i. How we struggled as kids and when i said goodbye when he passed. Chai cry cry

Please send link to season 1 of boardwalk empire
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Olabodmit: 5:54am On Aug 20, 2019
Keky:
Guys, I'm glad to tell you that old school Teresa is BACK ON THE FUCKING MENU

We kill them all����
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 7:06am On Aug 20, 2019
Miggs:
I just watched Mindhunter season two.The show still maintains its aesthetic quality.Unfortunately,the season got bugged down with the Atlanta child murders storyline.The highlight of the season was the Charles Manson interview.
Overall,it was an okay season.

What the hell are on about, you negative Gonzalez? Atlanta child murders plot line was the best part of the season IMO. It felt like a longer version of Se7en and Zodiac, which isn't coincidental when you consider the fact that David Fincher, the creator of Mindhunter, directed both movies. It was gripping and enthralling, enshrouded in the kind of mystery only David Fincher could conjure.

What bogged it down a little is the recurring Tench private life, which I had absolutely no interest in knowing. Also, I felt Holden played second fiddle to Tench this season, unlike last season. It kinda pissed me off that Tench had more screentime than everyone else. In fact, I'll be bold, and say that season 2 was Bill Tench's season.

Overall, it's a slight improvement to last season. The did a stellar job on casting as always. The show is still the best psychological mystery on television atm.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 7:07am On Aug 20, 2019
Goddys:

Please send link to season 1 of boardwalk empire
Broadwalk Empire
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Goddys(m): 8:56am On Aug 20, 2019

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Achilles100: 10:49am On Aug 20, 2019
Sacred Games season 2

Just want to say that Thanos(Avengers Movies) is very very extremely compassionate compared to this Guruji.

Sacred games really depicts how religion can be twisted and is being twisted that even the very intelligent people will just follow the said dogma.

I loved it. Twas a good watch.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Miggs(m): 10:56am On Aug 20, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

What the hell are on about, you negative Gonzalez? Atlanta child murders plot line was the best part of the season IMO. It felt like a longer version of Se7en and Zodiac, which isn't coincidental when you consider the fact that David Fincher, the creator of Mindhunter, directed both movies. It was gripping and enthralling, enshrouded in the kind of mystery only David Fincher could conjure.

What bogged it down a little is the recurring Tench private life, which I had absolutely no interest in knowing. Also, I felt Holden played second fiddle to Tench this season, unlike last season. It kinda pissed me off that Tench had more screentime than everyone else. In fact, I'll be bold, and say that season 2 was Bill Tench's season.

Overall, it's a slight improvement to last season. The did a stellar job on casting as always. The show is still the best psychological mystery on television atm.
1.What I loved about season one of Mindhunter were the many interviews of the serial killers (getting to know them,why they did what they did,how they did what they did,how their mindsets were created etc).It was a fascinating watch.
Season two only had four to five interviews in the first five episodes and the remaining four episodes were dedicated to the Atlanta child murders which dragged the show.The numerous serial killers interviews in season one attracted me to the show and there just weren't enough of them in season two.
2.I know David Fincher's work very well because i am a fan of his.He is heavily involved with this show but he only directed the first three episodes of season two and none of the latter Atlanta child murders episodes
On a sidenote,the opening sequence of "The Game" is similar to the opening sequence of HBOs' "Succession"
3.I liked Bill Tench and his familys' subplot even Holden was alright.My only grouse with season two was there weren't enough serial killers interviews and it dwelled too much on the Atlanta child murders
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 11:22am On Aug 20, 2019
Miggs:

1.What I loved about season one of Mindhunter were the many interviews of the serial killers (getting to know them,why they did what they did,how they did what they did,how their mindsets were created etc).It was a fascinating watch.
Season two only had four to five interviews in the first five episodes and the remaining four episodes were dedicated to the Atlanta child murders which dragged the show.The numerous serial killers interviews in season one attracted me to the show and there just weren't enough of them in season two.
2.I know David Fincher's work very well because i am a fan of his.He is heavily involved with this show but he only directed the first three episodes of season two and none of the latter Atlanta child murders episodes
On a sidenote,the opening sequence of "The Game" is similar to the opening sequence of HBOs' "Succession"
3.I liked Bill Tench and his familys' subplot even Holden was alright.My only grouse with season two was there weren't enough serial killers interviews and it dwelled too much on the Atlanta child murders

They serialized the show's format, thus it's not surprising that there were fewer interviews. I prefer this current format tbh. It's always better when a major storyline is dragged through the entirety of a single single as opposed to a procedural approach. It encourage continuity, plot coherence, and character development. Hannibal tv show did the same, if I recall. It dropped the initial procedural format for a more immersive serial format.

David Fincher may not have directed any of the Atlanta murder episodes, but his fingerprints were clearly visible in the pie. It's obvious he heavily influenced the scripts.

Bill Tench's family subplot was a drag.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1349) (1350) (1351) (1352) (1353) (1354) (1355) ... (2815) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: Papadoh(m) and 3 guest(s)