Stats: 3,151,611 members, 7,813,002 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:21 AM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (1355) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3510341 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1352) (1353) (1354) (1355) (1356) (1357) (1358) ... (2816) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by RayMcBlue(m): 8:50am On Aug 23, 2019
Harddiskng:
I googled “Greatest TV shows of all time”. I discovered with each site’s suggested (the most reliable being IMBD; they use viewer’s votes), There were TV Shows that never fail to appear on the list.

Band of Brothers (2001)
Breaking Bad (2008)
Mad Men (2007)
The Sopranos (1990)
The Wire (2002)

Rome (2005)
The Firefly (2002)

That’s how i started my journey to the past brethren. I have cleared the first four, currently watching The Wire, it has been a very delightful ride so far so good. I still thinking to myself how come i never watched these TV shows till now grin

Quality list. You've a nice taste in TV series.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Harddiskng(m): 9:02am On Aug 23, 2019
RayMcBlue:

Quality list. You've a nice taste in TV series.

So do you. Only man of quality taste, knows quality taste when he sees it wink

I hardly watch movies, I am a strictly TV Show person (downloaded over 1 Terabyte of TV shows) but I never watch any TV Show without a proper ratings check (80% and above). Though there are exceptions, remember Altered Carbon it was like 67% on rotten tomatoes that year but I gave it benefit of doubt and it turned out great.

Please join me on this journey grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by chiboy1116: 9:22am On Aug 23, 2019
janettee:
Queen of the south S1.

This series is fvcking good cool.
season 1 was good , season 2 was okay , I became tired in season 3 , it became a soap opera later tbh.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by janettee(f): 9:54am On Aug 23, 2019
chiboy1116:
season 1 was good , season 2 was okay , I became tired in season 3 , it became a soap opera later tbh.

Same here cheesy. Stopped watching season 3 after episode 6 lipsrsealed
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by sod09(m): 11:10am On Aug 23, 2019
chiboy1116:
you right but its becoming interesting now

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by ceo14: 11:18am On Aug 23, 2019
Singapore1:

the series is not for everyone so i can understand why some set of people don't like it

it's a good series .. but 10/10 too much though cheesy
yeah I watched it and I didn't really like it so much
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Olamyyde(m): 12:03pm On Aug 23, 2019
kachi19:

Hornku kip kwayet. I'm a tv critic myself and money heist keeps getting better and intense. The intellectual and precise approach to psychology, logic, physics and laws of criminology gave all the star points to the movie and the "senseless" love drama is as realistic as it could be 100% what we see everyday . Emotions tends to bring out the best and flaws even in the most perfect strategies - we saw all that in La Casa De Papel
So bros an armed robber giving relationship advice to a hostage is realistic?

Almost all the love drama is so cringe-worthy. From Helsinki and that new leader and even Nairobi's one for Helsinki.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by HARDLABOR: 12:06pm On Aug 23, 2019
abeg who get game of thrones season 8 make in send am for me through Xender? aswear I wan watch da film seh.. ahje
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by HARDLABOR: 12:10pm On Aug 23, 2019
abeg were una de download all dis film sef Abu pesin wey no geh TV 4 aus no go watch film again?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 12:21pm On Aug 23, 2019
femotechno:

Oklahoma

Okay, so I looked up Oklahoma, and AT&T has the best internet coverage.

The cheapest AT&T internet plan in Oklahoma is capped at ITB and cost $40 a month. Subscription comes with AT&T modem and wifi router, which you will have to pay for separately ofc (similar to what we have here in Philly). The download speed is maxed out at 100mbps, whilst max upload speed is 20Mbps.

The plan is ideal for streaming HD videos, online gaming, and sharing large files. Good value for money if you ask me.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Miggs(m): 12:36pm On Aug 23, 2019
Harddiskng:

Really, someone watched The Boys and didn’t like it? Thats a wawu. I had to look for the comic and from the little i read can’t wait for Season 2. Butcher is not here to play with anybody #brutal grin

It’s shows us the life of people we already know from another angle. It’s unique, to say the least
There is nothing unique about The Boys.All it did was copy the premise of "Watchmen"...poorly.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 12:53pm On Aug 23, 2019
Miggs:
There is nothing unique about The Boys.All it did was copy the premise of "Watchmen"...poorly.

While I agree it's not unique, you're clearly wrong in your postulations. The Boys is adapted from a comic book series of the same name. If I recall, the co-creator of the comic series said something about Preacher comic series being the inspiration, not Watchmen.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 1:03pm On Aug 23, 2019
Harddiskng:

I hardly watch movies, I am a strictly TV Show person (downloaded over 1 Terabyte of TV shows) but I never watch any TV Show without a proper ratings check (80% and above). Though there are exceptions, remember Altered Carbon it was like 67% on rotten tomatoes that year but I gave it benefit of doubt and it turned out great.

Never trust professional critics ratings, it can be deceiving, and can run contrary to popular opinion. Altered Carbon has an average ratings of 67% on RT, but audience score is 93% last time I checked... might have even exceeded that by now. My advice is to hinge your decision more on fan review website, IMDb, than RT... or better yet, don't look at any of the ratings, go in completely blind, and form an independent opinion on what you see.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Miggs(m): 1:11pm On Aug 23, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

While I agree it's not unique, you're clearly wrong in your postulations. The Boys is adapted from a comic book series of the same name. If I recall, the co-creator of the comic series said something about Preacher comic series being the inspiration, not Watchmen.

Then the creator/s of the Preacher series were likely influenced by the Watchmen comicbook.Its a simple stuff.
P.S.I know The Boys,Preacher and even The Walking Dead were first comic series before becoming tv shows
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Miggs(m): 1:13pm On Aug 23, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Never trust professional critics ratings, it can be deceiving, and can run contrary to popular opinion. Altered Carbon has an average ratings of 67% on RT, but audience score is 93% last time I checked... might have even exceeded that by now. My advice is to hinge your decision more on fan review website, IMDb, than RT... or better yet, don't look at any of the ratings, go in completely blind, and make an independent opinion based on what you see.
Altered Carbon deserves a lower RT score.Personally,i would give that piece of crap 17% just for its existence
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Harddiskng(m): 1:25pm On Aug 23, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

I was about to ask him how he came about “The Boys” being a copy of “Watchmen” lol.

I didn’t even enjoy “Watchmen”, I haven’t even watched the first episode of their 2019 TV show adaptation. Which i feel is a drag because of low ratings on Imbd (viewers’ rating). Even the storylines are completely different, would have upload them here for him to tell us how it is an exact copy of Watchmen but lets avoid spoilers and let it slide.

Miggs:
Altered Carbon deserves a lower RT score.Personally,i would give that piece of crap 17% just for its existence

Lool I see. A man and his taste grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Miggs(m): 1:32pm On Aug 23, 2019
Harddiskng:

I was about to ask him how he came about “The Boys” being a copy of “Watchmen” lol.

I didn’t even enjoy “Watchmen”, I haven’t even watched the first episode of their 2019 TV show adaptation. Which i feel is a drag because of low ratings on Imbd (viewers’ rating). Even the storylines are completely different, would have upload them here for him to tell us how it is an exact copy of Watchmen but lets avoid spoilers and let it slide.
Have you read the singular 1985 Watchmen comicbook?Have you watched the 2009 Watchmen movie?When you do both,return to this thread then we will have a thorough discussion
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Harddiskng(m): 1:37pm On Aug 23, 2019
Miggs:
Have you read the singular 1985 Watchmen comicbook?Have you watched the 2009 Watchmen movie?When you do both,return to this thread then we will have a thorough discussion

Yes to both grin

Most people i know found it a tiny bit boring. Like i stated earlier. “A man and his taste”. There is no need for argument over what you find interesting, I have gone through your posts, it’s okay if your taste is off from what most people find interesting there is definitely no need to argue about it lol.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 1:45pm On Aug 23, 2019
Miggs:
Then the creator/s of the Preacher series were likely influenced by the Watchmen comicbook.Its a simple stuff.
P.S.I know The Boys,Preacher and even The Walking Dead were first comic series before becoming tv shows

Well, the way you reason doesn't show it.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 1:50pm On Aug 23, 2019
Harddiskng:

Lool I see. A man and his taste grin

Watchmen 2009 film is really good though. I understand why he would think The Boys was a Watchmen ripoff, for they share certain similarities.

Watchmen TV series is yet to premiere, but I have real positive feelings about it after learning that HBO (king of TV series) will air it. I guess we will find out in October.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 1:53pm On Aug 23, 2019
kachi19:

Hornku kip kwayet. I'm a tv critic myself and money heist keeps getting better and intense. The intellectual and precise approach to psychology, logic, physics and laws of criminology gave all the star points to the movie and the "senseless" love drama is as realistic as it could be 100% what we see everyday. Emotions tends to bring out the best and flaws even in the most perfect strategies - we saw all that in La Casa De Papel

Don't make me laugh. You should direct that "kip kwayet" to yourself.

There are several things wrong with your post.

First, Money Heist is a TV series/Web series, not a movie. One would think you would know a basic thing like that, what with you being a "TV critic" and all.

Second, Money Heist is a telenovella.

Third, there is nothing intellectual, precise, logical, and realistic about a telenovella. Telenovella is basically, a latin soap opera styled tv series designed to excite a certain demographic, mainly females, by utilizing certain tools in filmmaking, such as melodrama, and shock-and-awe. The melodrama variable is directly proportional to shock and awe's, whilst the shock and awe variable is the product of the melodrama variable, and a constant. Basically, plot hole galore.

Suffice to say. it's not intelligently written at all. It's a show that is generically dumbed down, in that it can easily be followed by anybody with half a brain, anywhere in the world. It's a little wonder it's so popular.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Doctee: 3:59pm On Aug 23, 2019
[quote author=KoiceReloaded post=81528602]

Okay, so I looked up Oklahoma, and AT&T has the best internet coverage.

The cheapest AT&T internet plan in Oklahoma is capped at ITB and cost $40 a month. Subscription comes with AT&T modem and wifi router, which you will have to pay for separately ofc (similar to what we have here in Philly). The download speed is maxed out at 100mbps, whilst max upload speed is 20Mbps.

The plan is ideal for streaming HD videos, online gaming, and sharing large files. Good value for money if you ask me. [/quotewhen I go leave this countryself embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed]

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 6:02pm On Aug 23, 2019
Apparently, my favorite TV series, Breaking Bad, is getting a movie. I've heard the rumors, but I assumed it was a rumor on the account of no one coming out with an official confirmation. Anyhoo, just this morning, Bob Odenkirk (Saul Goodman) confirmed that the movie has finished filming. I'm like WTH, that came out of nowhere! What can I say though? It's all good, man. cheesy
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 6:02pm On Aug 23, 2019
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 6:03pm On Aug 23, 2019
Harddiskng:

I am currently watching breaking bad...the series is actually dope..will try and watch the series on ur list when I am done with breaking bad

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 6:08pm On Aug 23, 2019
HARDLABOR:
abeg were una de download all dis film sef Abu pesin wey no geh TV 4 aus no go watch film again?
toxicwapDOTcom
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Threebear(m): 6:10pm On Aug 23, 2019
If you have a problem with Mike , go chop poo .

The rotten one that houseflies have hatched million maggots on cheesy

Mike will remain in your faces till day 99 .

He will prance around half nude .

He'll eat in the arena.

He'll go to his diary sessions shirtless.

He'll take naps when he wants to .

He'll address himself as the president of cruisetopia .

He'll play pillow fights with any female in the house he wants to.

And yes , he's going to win

And there is absolutely nothing ....I repeat , absolutely nothing ...any of you can do about it . grin

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by nani667: 6:11pm On Aug 23, 2019
Suits and Spin-off ✔️✔️

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 6:19pm On Aug 23, 2019
nani667:
Suits and Spin-off ✔️✔️
1.2gb for a single episode

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by RayMcBlue(m): 7:20pm On Aug 23, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Don't make me laugh. You should direct that "kip kwayet" to yourself.

There are several things wrong with your post.

First, Money Heist is a TV series/Web series, not a movie. One would think you would know a basic thing like that, what with you being a "TV critic" and all.

Second, Money Heist is a telenovella.

Third, there is nothing intellectual, precise, logical, and realistic about a telenovella. Telenovella is basically, a latin soap opera styled tv series designed to excite a certain demographic, mainly females, by utilizing certain tools in filmmaking, such as melodrama, and shock-and-awe. The melodrama variable is directly proportional to shock and awe's, whilst the shock and awe variable is the product of the melodrama variable, and a constant. Basically, plot hole galore.

Suffice to say. it's not intelligently written at all. It's a show that is generically dumbed down, in that it can easily be followed by anybody with half a brain, anywhere in the world. It's a little wonder it's so popular.

I understand your frustration, I was sold a gripping thriller by many critics, and ended up watching a soap opera with 3 love stories between hostage and kidnapper 30 minutes into the heist.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by chiboy1116: 7:33pm On Aug 23, 2019
sod09:
you right but its becoming interesting now
that's what I heard , maybe I will get back to it .

(1) (2) (3) ... (1352) (1353) (1354) (1355) (1356) (1357) (1358) ... (2816) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52