Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,798 members, 7,820,795 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:51 PM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (1667) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3528042 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1664) (1665) (1666) (1667) (1668) (1669) (1670) ... (2820) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Edopesin: 6:23pm On Jun 07, 2020
The Code

The military themed series not the other boring one
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Brukx(m): 6:50pm On Jun 07, 2020
jmanity:

About to type this same thing too. They made MI5 officers appear too weak, can't even defend themselves. See the way Frank was crying like a baby when the assassin was after him, I expected more from an intelligence officer. Another thing, if your life is in danger are you not entitled to a gun at least? In my opinion they made the assassin too powerful.

I kinda agree with you. I've watched just one episode though. I feel things are way too easy for the assassin. But she's Dem sexy
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by NNAMDIII(m): 7:48pm On Jun 07, 2020
Edopesin:
The Code

The military themed series not the other boring one
rate this series, I don't know if i should even download it
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Edopesin: 7:57pm On Jun 07, 2020
NNAMDIII:
rate this series, I don't know if i should even download it

7/10
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by NNAMDIII(m): 8:31pm On Jun 07, 2020
Edopesin:

7/10
alright man
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by NNAMDIII(m): 9:03pm On Jun 07, 2020
Edopesin:

7/10
please I need link to download, the code I'm seeing is code404

Modified: I've seen it

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by introvertme: 9:25pm On Jun 07, 2020
Finished Devs.

It felt like a black mirror episode turned into a series.
I enjoyed it. Hopefully, there isn't a second season. smiley
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by madamori9: 9:58pm On Jun 07, 2020
I am currently watching Peaky Blinders. It’s an HBO series that is based on events after the First World War in England. The episodes were downloaded from LightDL. I think it is a good series. You’d have to like English accent to enjoy it though. Some people complain that the words are not very clear.

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by NNAMDIII(m): 12:24am On Jun 08, 2020
Guys who has watched queen of the south? How's it? Just want to know if i should download or just freestyle it
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by cao(f): 12:36am On Jun 08, 2020
Kaziar:

One of the best urban fantasy novel series I ever came across. Still having trouble finding another with a similar grit.
I never read the books, but I keep hearing good things about it. Apparently, the TV series doesn't hold a candle to the books, but I still enjoyed it.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by nani667: 4:25am On Jun 08, 2020
After seeing all the hype on this thread...

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyaskii(m): 8:11am On Jun 08, 2020
I so much agree with this article. So many shows adapted from books or other materials usually runs bland as it goes forward because most deviate from the source material or outrightly change what's in the source material for material gain and "to hell" with quality. Shows like 13RY are the arch-type "one season show", the season one was brilliant as it kept to the source material and passed it's intended message maybe through a depressing way, but Netflix, the producers and writers ordered unneeded further seasons, with each become more insipid than the previous, GOT is another classic example, G.R.R Martin is still struggling to finish the books and i know he had an advisory role in the show running but i doubt how much influence he had in the writting.The showrunners decide to write out the show and the result was near if not catastrophic, completely obliterating the cultural impact GOT should have had in Tv series folklore....

Shows that has also ran it's course but the makers continue to "milk" it are also a problem..A show for example with a premise of "A good guy chasing a bad guy" can't possibly run for more than 5 seasons, the writers ain't that good...Shows like Arrow, Tvd i used to like back then i practically just stopped because they stretched them till they came bitter and i was begging for them to end it anyhow. The only way you can stretch a show as long as you like it's when it's a sitcom ( even this backfires at times check HIMYM ending for e.g) or Anthology format ( I even thought this was impossible to go bad but the recent Black Mirror S5 it's making me have doubt).

These streaming companies are also the problem, they acquire hit shows from smaller production company and milk it to the last drop and even beyond. Money heist is a classic example, fantastic S1 and S2 but "long throat" didn't let them rest and get out why the going was good.

Finally, i think in all i favour HBO recent style, doing mini-series (not more than S3) and moving on.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Achilles100: 8:43am On Jun 08, 2020
Barrywhyte1:
Who has watched deadly class is it worth a watch

Like majority of shows, it started awesomely, then after awhile, deviated entirely from what they started with to another thing.

If you have spare data, you can download it, if not, abeg download something else.

Just my opinion.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Stonecoldstare1: 8:54am On Jun 08, 2020
armadeo:

Wow. That's interesting.

I think I review with the vampire was just okay apart from armand.

The queen of the damned was utter thrash. Complete rubbish. I don't want to go vile on the movie the ruined one of my favourite books back then.

They would need very good casting to make it work. Remember vampire series have been over flogged though anne rice brought a new look to the story.

There is a mk iker named lestat here I think.
Yea. Interview with a vampire was good. Tom Cruise just didn't take his character to greater heights as par the books despite receiving a huge payday of 10 mil. He voiced to the director what he was willing to do and not do even Anne was kinda skeptical about him but she ate her words when she saw the final product. Armand was just ok
Queen of the damned is on my list for worst movies made in this century. The performance and costumes of Aaliyah was the only thing that made me stomach the movie
I would like it to be a series to capture the entire story with unknown actors(let's give new actors a headstart) and the books are finished so the studio have no excuse to deviate from the plot and they should also bring Anne and her son onboard
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by armadeo(m): 9:33am On Jun 08, 2020
Stonecoldstare1:

Yea. Interview with a vampire was good. Tom Cruise just didn't take his character to greater heights as par the books despite receiving a huge payday of 10 mil. He voiced to the director what he was willing to do and not do even Anne was kinda skeptical about him but she ate her words when she saw the final product. Armand was just ok
Queen of the damned is on my list for worst movies made in this century. The performance and costumes of Aaliyah was the only thing that made me stomach the movie
I would like it to be a series to capture the entire story with unknown actors(let's give new actors a headstart) and the books are finished so the studio have no excuse to deviate from the plot and they should also bring Anne and her son onboard

The vampire chronicles can make A six or seven season series.

Only the vampire lestat should be used to begin the series that's almost 2 to 3 seasons if merged with queen of the damned.

I've read the books and started losing interest at memnoch.

Still read the others though.

Combined with the mayfair story it will make a long show if strictly sticking to the story line and capturing the essence of the characters.

The brat prince is one of my favs

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by hello66: 11:33am On Jun 08, 2020
NNAMDIII:
Guys who has watched queen of the south? How's it? Just want to know if i should download or just freestyle it

very good
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Stonecoldstare1: 12:24pm On Jun 08, 2020
armadeo:

The vampire chronicles can make A six or seven season series.

Only the vampire lestat should be used to begin the series that's almost 2 to 3 seasons if merged with queen of the damned.

I've read the books and started losing interest at memnoch.

Still read the others though.

Combined with the mayfair story it will make a long show if strictly sticking to the story line and capturing the essence of the characters.

The brat prince is one of my favs
Interview will always be my favorite. I hope they stick with merging the vampire Chronicles with the Mayfair witch. They are in the same universe. Let's just see how it plays out
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by laydoh(m): 2:14pm On Jun 08, 2020
jiggaz:
The Royals
This series ehn. I loved it.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jun 08, 2020
Good day all.

I want to delve into series about thrones and stuffs like that.

I saw two mentioned here

the Royals and The Crown.

Which is more interesting pls.

I no get data to waste..

If you have watched the two of them.

Pls rate them over 10.

Thanks

Edited. If there is anyone more interesting than these ones above, pls mention..
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Liposure: 3:15pm On Jun 08, 2020
oyaskii:
I so much agree with this article. So many shows adapted from books or other materials usually runs bland as it goes forward because most deviate from the source material or outrightly change what's in the source material for material gain and "to hell" with quality. Shows like 13RY are the arch-type "one season show", the season one was brilliant as it kept to the source material and passed it's intended message maybe through a depressing way, but Netflix, the producers and writers ordered unneeded further seasons, with each become more insipid than the previous, GOT is another classic example, G.R.R Martin is still struggling to finish the books and i know he had an advisory role in the show running but i doubt how much influence he had in the writting.The showrunners decide to write out the show and the result was near if not catastrophic, completely obliterating the cultural impact GOT sh

greed people.GOT could hav escaped mixed feedbacks if it stopped at S5
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Liposure: 3:22pm On Jun 08, 2020
Nairalandgirl:
Good day all.

I saw two mentioned here

I no get data to waste..

Pls rate them over 10.

Thanks

Edited. If there is anyone more interesting than these ones above, pls mention..
both R great series. But the crown edges slightly by one percent

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by JohnnyPalmer: 3:31pm On Jun 08, 2020
Nairalandgirl:
Good day all.

I saw two mentioned here

I no get data to waste..

Pls rate them over 10.

Thanks

Go for the two

The crown is the better of the two, but both are a must watch

The crown is very slow, more like a documentary and giving account of past events surrounding and involving her majesty

The royals is fictional, but it's more entertaining, and so much dramas

The crown 9/10
The royals 8/10

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Neddstark: 5:27pm On Jun 08, 2020
NNAMDIII:

Download it. You will love the first 3 seasons. Thats where I am
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by hpymoment(f): 5:34pm On Jun 08, 2020
Hi guys

I'm using mx player on my phone for subtitles but when i transfer the ones i love to my system the sub goes away. Help me!

Do i have to download another mx on my system?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by nani667: 7:46pm On Jun 08, 2020
Done with Season 2 ✔️

Series low-key making sense smiley

Seriously looking Foreward to Season 3, if there will be one

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by jiggaz(m): 8:43pm On Jun 08, 2020
laydoh:

This series ehn. I loved it.
Yes... It's good.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by homesteady(m): 8:57pm On Jun 08, 2020
BetWinners:
THE MARVELOUS MRS MAISEL
This is a whimsical,colourful,funny & musical show set in 1950s America.It has only 3 seasons for now.
I found a club scene in its 3rd season to be quite sexy.The clip is below.Its duration is 3mins 16secs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzAvob6WLIM

It is not a musical show. It's a stand up comedy show.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by homesteady(m): 9:02pm On Jun 08, 2020
hpymoment:
Hi guys

I'm using mx player on my phone for subtitles but when i transfer the ones i love to my system the sub goes away. Help me!

Do i have to download another mx on my system?

Do you transfer the subtitle file to your system along with the movie file? They are different files.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by hpymoment(f): 12:08am On Jun 09, 2020
homesteady:

Do you transfer the subtitle file to your system along with the movie file? They are different files.

Elaborate please.

I transfer the series to system from downloads because the system doesn't see my mx player app when i connect my cord.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by nani667: 12:45am On Jun 09, 2020
Anyone knows whether Vis a Vis is available on Netflix ❓
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Faboosuarez(m): 4:45am On Jun 09, 2020
hpymoment:

Elaborate please.

I transfer the series to system from downloads because the system doesn't see my mx player app when i connect my cord.

the subtitle file will be in SRT or other formats and it might also be in the download folder, it's a separate file on its own which means yu will have to transfer it too after transferring the movie or series to your system

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (1664) (1665) (1666) (1667) (1668) (1669) (1670) ... (2820) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: Sheamus007(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.