Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,838 members, 7,810,222 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:37 AM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (1669) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3505485 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1666) (1667) (1668) (1669) (1670) (1671) (1672) ... (2815) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by BetWinners(m): 8:48am On Jun 10, 2020
homesteady:

It is not a musical show It's a stand up comedy show.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by homesteady(m): 9:30am On Jun 10, 2020
BetWinners:

That season 3 had music doesn't make the entire show a musical.
Even the season 3 can't be tagged a musical because The music is secondary, so it can't rdefine the film.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by hitch05: 9:46am On Jun 10, 2020
elunico:

When you have a woman playing the lead, you have to lower the bar for her to shine, that's the idea bro
Sorry to butt in on this convo but I feel realism has to be suspended inorder to enjoy action movies. Many leads/protagonists in action movies are usually overpowered or extremely lucky. A lot of people would agree that John wick or Liam neeson characters won't fight off a bunch of guys coming at them at once.

4 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by stanislaus67(m): 9:57am On Jun 10, 2020
bamangar:
Please can someone share where I can download "visavis eloasis" for free. It's not on toxicwap and 02tvseries.

Also, I don't want to waste any data on sweetless series. I have seen money heist, Ozark, wentworth, banshe, when they see us, OITNB, for life, billions... Please kindly recommend better, sweet, action and interesting series I can watch now.
U will probably not see vis a viz on Toxicwap. Search LOCKED UP instead
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bitnet(m): 10:02am On Jun 10, 2020
The Press Breast | street interview | penzazotv | rakghana
interview goes wrong as own press staff interview a mad man called apostle mark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63ZDPx5Cvzg
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by BetWinners(m): 10:33am On Jun 10, 2020
homesteady:

That season 3 had music doesn't make the entire show a musical.
Even the season 3 can't be tagged a musical because The music is secondary, so it can't rdefine the film.
What part of my original post did I state the entire show is a musical?
How many tv shows have you seen with dance & music numbers like TMMM?If a person does not like music & dance sequences then the show isn't for them that was why i stated that in my OP because dance & music numbers are integrated in the show
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by BetWinners(m): 10:42am On Jun 10, 2020
hitch05:

Sorry to butt in on this convo but I feel realism has to be suspended inorder to enjoy action movies. Many leads/protagonists in action movies are usually overpowered or extremely lucky. A lot of people would agree that John wick or Liam neeson characters won't fight off a bunch of guys coming at them at once.
Keanu Reeves is 6'1 in height & Neeson is 6'4
It is very possible for them to fight off 4 men at thesame time even those taller than them.
It is ridiculous,dumb & silly for anyone to believe a woman who is 5'2 can fight off 4 men who are 6'3 & 6'4 in height
Watch the video below & see how one man fought off 4-5guys alone.Its duration is 1min 58secs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgpVGoeY3Jw
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by homesteady(m): 10:47am On Jun 10, 2020
BetWinners:

What part of my original post did I state the entire show is a musical?
How many tv shows have you seen with dance & music numbers like TMMM?If a person does not like music & dance sequences then the show isn't for them that was why i stated that in my OP because dance & music numbers are integrated in the show

Your original post gave an overview of the series and anyone who read it will assume you meant the entire series is à musical.

Music was only integrated in season 3!!!!
Wait, are you even following the series? because I don't understand why you are even saying dance was integrated. which dance? Are you judging the series just based on that clip?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by BetWinners(m): 10:56am On Jun 10, 2020
homesteady:

Your original post gave an overview of the series and anyone who read it will assume you meant the entire series is à musical

Music was only integrated in season 3!!!!
Wait, are you even following the series? because I don't understand why you are even saying dance was integrated. which dance? Are you judging the series just based on that clip?
There were always dance sequences in seasons 1 & 2.How can you have dance sequences without music?
The fact that music numbers were added in its 3rd season,does not mean the show hasn't been flirting with the musical genre since its inception
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by homesteady(m): 11:31am On Jun 10, 2020
BetWinners:

There were always dance sequences in seasons 1 & 2.How can you have dance sequences without music?
The fact that music numbers were added in its 3rd season,does not mean the show hasn't been flirting with the musical genre since its inception

I can't remember any dance sequence in season 1 and 2, that means they were so inconsequential.
The lead actress doesn't sing, until Shy Baldwin in season 3, no supporting cast sang. That's why I won't agree with you that it is a musical.
In a musical, the leads must be active singers in the movie.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by faruz: 11:52am On Jun 10, 2020
stanislaus67:
U will probably not see vis a viz on Toxicwap. Search LOCKED UP instead
the spin off season isn't on Toxicwap... I heard zulema died cry
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by milanseedorf(m): 11:59am On Jun 10, 2020
The last kingdom is wonderful. How come it didn't get hype here.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by sammycarz(m): 12:14pm On Jun 10, 2020
Is there any thread for billion
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by BetWinners(m): 12:28pm On Jun 10, 2020
homesteady:

I can't remember any dance sequence in season 1 and 2, that means they were so inconsequential
The lead actress doesn't sing, until Shy Baldwin in season 3, no supporting cast sang. That's why I won't agree with you that it is a musical.
In a musical, the leads must be active singers in the movie.
Then your memory has failed you.In season 2, Midge had a flashback about Joel proposing to her in college & there was an elaborate dance sequence that moved from a restaurant to the street.
The lead actress may not sing but music & dance routines are ingrained into the show.That's why TMMM can also be described as a comedy/musical show
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by PUSSYHOE(m): 12:46pm On Jun 10, 2020
milanseedorf:
The last kingdom is wonderful. How come it didn't get hype here.

How some shows intrigue some people baffles me e.g

alter carbon

the last kingdom

I almost kill myself and deleted the shit!
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Achilles100: 12:54pm On Jun 10, 2020
PUSSYHOE:

alter carbon

the last kingdom

There is a reason why we are all different. What pleases you might displease others.

There are shows I have called trash here and people say they've enjoyed them and vice versa.

Its just a matter of choice

6 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Doctee: 3:07pm On Jun 10, 2020
PUSSYHOE:

alter carbon

the last kingdom

the last kingdom is good

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 4:00pm On Jun 10, 2020
PUSSYHOE:

alter carbon

the last kingdom

How you deleted them is baffling us too

6 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by PUSSYHOE(m): 4:03pm On Jun 10, 2020
Doctee:
the last kingdom is good

Trust me I know Good when I see it, I have watched vikings, perhaps I find it below average because I watched vikings before it.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 4:09pm On Jun 10, 2020
kendrick9:
how can they tell me that full body grown men and trained mi6 agents can't overcome a single girl....
The series is too unrealistic
Because Villanelle na amateur abi?

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by PUSSYHOE(m): 4:10pm On Jun 10, 2020
Achilles100:

There is a reason why we are all different. What pleases you might displease others.

There are shows I have called trash here and people say they've enjoyed them and vice versa.

Its just a matter of choice

That's not how I rate or view series, I rate series in comparison to other series in the same genre.

e.g

Suits vs boston legal

grey's anatomy vs the resident vs the good doctor

breaking bad vs Ozark

Oz vs prison break

now back to the subject matter I have seen Vikings which is same genre with the last kingdom. if you think the last kingdom is good my opinion is I have seen something better.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by homesteady(m): 4:21pm On Jun 10, 2020
BetWinners:

Then your memory has failed you.In season 2, Midge had a flashback about Joel proposing to her in college & there was an elaborate dance sequence that moved from a restaurant to the street.
The lead actress may not sing but music & dance routines are ingrained into the show.That's why TMMM can also be described as a comedy/musical show

Elaborate? grin grin I just went back to watch it. Season 2 episode 10. Like I said it was inconsequential. No, they didn't dance out of the restaurant, he walked and stood by the road. After she accepted the proposal, They just did like 10 seconds of partners dance and 10 seconds of kissing while spinning grin

Is this the dance that is ingrained in the show? Don't people dance in most films?

When I watch series episode, I read reviews about it, and you are the first person that I've seen calling it a musical.

Didn't you watch la la land or even Empire? How does it compare to TMMM?

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by kendrick9(m): 4:36pm On Jun 10, 2020
Kaycee7:
Because Villanelle na amateur abi?
So far the series hasn't shown why she is so overpowered yet...
Is she good in hand to hand combats or is her gunplay top-notch?
we haven't seen any yet....
The writers of this show just want us to believe that she is untouchable no matter the threat she's facing....
Really?

3 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by elunico: 5:36pm On Jun 10, 2020
hitch05:

Which is why for me to enjoy any show these days, the antagonists must really worth it.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Dr7Manhattan: 5:43pm On Jun 10, 2020
13 reasons why bittersweet finale was probably what Dan and Dave thought they were doing with GOT.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by BetWinners(m): 5:54pm On Jun 10, 2020
homesteady:

Elaborate? grin grin I just went back to watch it. Season 2 episode 10. Like I said it was inconsequential. No, they didn't dance out of the restaurant, he walked and stood by the road. After she accepted the proposal, They just did like 10 seconds of partners dance and 10 seconds of kissing while spinning grin

Is this the dance that is ingrained in the show? Don't people dance in most films?

When I watch series episode, I read reviews about it, and you are the first person that I've seen calling it a musical.

Didn't you watch la la land or even Empire? How does it compare to TMMM?
I have watched Hello Dolly,Grease,Chicago & Moulin Rouge
There are many movies & tv shows that are genre specific but there also have bits & pieces of other genre included in the work.
TMMM has always had the musical genre inculcated in it right from its onset
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bobbybob: 7:32pm On Jun 10, 2020
I have excess bonus data expiring midnight!
Please recommend any newish show that is manageable.
I discovered that most new shows are wack but I'm ready to manage anything
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Brukx(m): 7:56pm On Jun 10, 2020
sammycarz:
Is there any thread for billion
The only series with successful tread on nairaland are GOT and POWER. If you want to discuss about Billions, go to Reddit
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by hellohgy(m): 8:33pm On Jun 10, 2020
[quote author=Brukx post=90528949] The only series with successful tread on nairaland are GOT and POWER. If you want to discuss about Billions, go to Reddit[/quote

Thanks bro.
I just joined reddit and it is interesting so many movies discussion.]
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by PUSSYHOE(m): 8:42pm On Jun 10, 2020
Bobbybob:
I have excess bonus data expiring midnight!
Please recommend any newish show that is manageable.
I discovered that most new shows are wack but I'm ready to manage anything
Alex rider

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 9:12pm On Jun 10, 2020
kendrick9:

So far the series hasn't shown why she is so overpowered yet...
Is she good in hand to hand combats or is her gunplay top-notch?
we haven't seen any yet....
The writers of this show just want us to believe that she is untouchable no matter the threat she's facing....
Really?
You want to be shown why? Like a flashback to a training facility or something? Isn't uncovering her history part of the show's storytelling? What exactly do y'all want?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by kendrick9(m): 9:45pm On Jun 10, 2020
Kaycee7:
You want to be shown why? Like a flashback to a training facility or something? Isn't uncovering her history part of the show's storytelling? What exactly do y'all want?
Uncovering... lol
We are heading into the fourth season and we still don't know how villanelle came to be an assassin....
where was she trained?
who trained her?
no nada.
But suddenly we just started witnessing an assassin that is untouchable no matter how careless she is on her missions...
see eh I love the series but the truth is the show is filled with so many plot holes ...
Don't even get me started on Mi6 incompetence, it's embarrassing.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1666) (1667) (1668) (1669) (1670) (1671) (1672) ... (2815) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: spookem(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.