Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,432 members, 7,830,171 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:13 PM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (1727) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3540833 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1724) (1725) (1726) (1727) (1728) (1729) (1730) ... (2825) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 9:15pm On Aug 18, 2020
ositadima1:

Not really, both are equally strong. Homelander can fly and the laser eyes but captain america has the toughest shield made from an alloy of vibranium and adamantium. That makes the the shield so tough that not even Wolverine's claws can cut through it. And recently the hammer (Mjolnir) of Tor, God of thunder.

Captain america is very clever fighter. Also he is not a lone fighter. It would be more like the seven vs the avengers. Avengers would win without doubt.

Before you argue, I want you to remember that superman was almost vanquished by batman a mere human in the movie "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice".

If not because they shared same mums name, Martha, Superman own for don be.

No offense man but it's kinda funny when I see someone comparing Homelander with Captain America. grin

Captain America stand no chance against Homelander, shield or not. Clever or not.
As if Homelander is slow.

Cap will get messed up in no time man. Their abilities, capabilities and strength ain't no match or even close.

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 9:17pm On Aug 18, 2020
ositadima1:

Scarlet witch can fùck him over with her abilities including telekinesis, energy manipulation, and some form of neuroelectric interfacing that allows her to both read thoughts and also give her targets waking nightmares, talkless of captain marvel which I think is d strongest avenger.

LMAO, who give Captain Marvel strongest Avenger?? grin
Na MCU logic you dey use abi wetin? undecided
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by ositadima1(m): 9:19pm On Aug 18, 2020
abduleez1:

LMAO, who give Captain Marvel strongest Avenger?? grin

Did you watch "Avengers: Endgame", all hope was lost until Captain Marvel showed up.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by ositadima1(m): 9:22pm On Aug 18, 2020
abduleez1:

No offense man but it's kinda funny when I see someone comparing Homelander with Captain America. grin

Captain America stand no chance against Homelander, shield or not. Clever or not.

Cap will get messed up in no time man. Their abilities, capabilities and strength ain't no match or even close.

Bro, remember that in endgame captain america became worthy of d hammer of Tor. Now he can control thunder. Leave matter, the fight will be very tough.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by VerifiedStalin: 9:30pm On Aug 18, 2020
abduleez1:

The Boys is based on DC characters, mostly Justice League members. And also a product of DC Comics before it was sold off to Dynamite.

Showrunner, Eric Kripke has said that "The Boys" is a parody of Justice league and The Avengers.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 9:34pm On Aug 18, 2020
Chibudollar:
Thanks to whoever recommended this series. Just 1 episode in. DOPEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I am always careful with recommending tv shows but this is one I can boldly recommend. If you watch without enjoying it then something is wrong with you.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by VerifiedStalin: 9:37pm On Aug 18, 2020
Tolu121:
did you say HOMELANDER is a parody of CAPTAIN AMERICA?

Are you shitting me? if HOMELANDER catches CAPTAIN AMERICA he will vaporise him

HOMELANDER is only parody of SUPERMAN

You're missing the point. Homelander represents the American identity. He stands for Justice, freedom & the American way. His cape is the American Flag. He's Mr America/star-spangled-banner. These are all the things Captain America encapsulates. Thus, it's safe to say Homelander is a Captain America parody.

Tolu121:

A PARODY can't be greater than its origin, so HOMELANDER is not parody of CAPTAIN AMERICA cause HOMELANDER will fvck him up within seconds...

Incorrect. A parody pushes the envelope, in that it goes beyond the usual or normal limits by doing something new/dangerous, and usually for comic effect.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by VerifiedStalin: 9:39pm On Aug 18, 2020
abduleez1:

Why must everything be a competition Why can't you just enjoy both

BTW, I was right. I checked the web right now, and yes, Homelander is a parody of Captain America and Superman.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Tolu121: 10:12pm On Aug 18, 2020
ositadima1:

Scarlet Witch can fùck him over with her abilities including telekinesis, energy manipulation, and some form of neuroelectric interfacing that allows her to both read thoughts and also give her targets waking nightmares, talkless of Captain Marvel which I think is d strongest avenger.
true
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 10:37pm On Aug 18, 2020
VerifiedStalin:

Why must everything be a competition Why can't you just enjoy both

BTW, I was right. I checked the web right now, and yes, Homelander is a parody of Captain America and Superman.

I'm only correcting his erroneous view that Cap is up to Homelander strength wise and combat wise.

You'd see I didn't argue about Cap identity in Homelander. True, he's a mash of both.

I'm not competing with his preference just separating the Facts from Fiction. Eg how TF is Cap up to Homie?? undecided
Besides I love both.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 10:41pm On Aug 18, 2020
ositadima1:

Bro, remember that in endgame captain america became worthy of d hammer of Tor. Now he can control thunder. Leave matter, the fight will be very tough.

You-don-min-it!! shocked shocked

Wow, I SEE. Okay Sir. grin

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 10:44pm On Aug 18, 2020
ositadima1:

Did you watch "Avengers: Endgame", all hope was lost until Captain Marvel showed up.

And yet Hulk was stated as the Strongest Avenger. undecided

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by ibnlawal(m): 10:47pm On Aug 18, 2020
rationalmind:

I am always careful with recommending tv shows but this is one I can boldly recommend. If you watch without enjoying it then something is wrong with you.
Twas an excellent show buh I don't like the ending, as per with the female lawyer. Probably, there will be another season. It seems the producers are considering it before COVID-19 palava
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Brukx(m): 7:11am On Aug 19, 2020
Tolu121:
did you say HOMELANDER is a parody of CAPTAIN AMERICA?

Are you shitting me? if HOMELANDER catches CAPTAIN AMERICA he will vaporise him

HOMELANDER is only parody of SUPERMAN

A PARODY can't be greater than its origin, so HOMELANDER is not parody of CAPTAIN AMERICA cause HOMELANDER will fvck him up within seconds...
You are missing the point. Nobody is arguing who isn't stronger here.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Achilles100: 9:31am On Aug 19, 2020
Vexatious:
Homeland √

The lady in the middle is a beautiful devil.

I like her physique and her voice but I hate her.

A paradox
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 10:20am On Aug 19, 2020
Brukx:

You are missing the point. Nobody is arguing who isn't stronger here.
Do you think he knows what parody means?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 12:20pm On Aug 19, 2020
Achilles100:

The lady in the middle is a beautiful devil.

I like her physique and her voice but I hate her.

A paradox

Understandable. She's one of the very few characters to successfully upstage Carrie and Saul. Her despicable role in season 4 was such that I wanted her to suffer a very painful death, but watching season 8, I've come to realize from her perspective, she's not on the wrong side of things. I've come to understand & appreciate her motivations, and respect her qualities. She's smart, dogged, ruthless, and very patriotic. She's like Carrie in many ways.

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Liposure: 12:30pm On Aug 19, 2020
ibnlawal:

Its IMDB. RT tends to give high rating to some mediocre show, and I've never comprehend why. I guess its coz they are paid to do it. Moreover, RT is more of professional critics ratings, so they can easily be bought. I still never understood why it rated Flash so high, 89%, wtf.

Its IMDB any fvcking day
imdb is the best. I usually check its user review section to get honest opinions on movies and series. It neva disappoint. On a good day, its imdb or nothing
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Tolu121: 12:54pm On Aug 19, 2020
MOST DANGEROUS GAME

about to play
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Tolu121: 12:55pm On Aug 19, 2020
The Righteous Gemstones: 7/10

Comedy about RICH preacher and his wayward family
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by stanislaus67(m): 1:19pm On Aug 19, 2020
gift01:
The Fugitive... Jack Bauer is on this one
Unfortunately non of the episodes is beyond 8 minutes. Which style come be this one naaa?

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by gift01: 2:10pm On Aug 19, 2020
stanislaus67:

Unfortunately non of the episodes is beyond 8 minutes. Which style come be this one naaa?
naso we see am. If they'll change storyline for different seasons then It'd make sense
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by fatus(m): 2:26pm On Aug 19, 2020
frankmoney:
Started watching Mentalist and honestly I'm enjoying it

its da bomb
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by fatus(m): 2:28pm On Aug 19, 2020
Tonyodg:
Who is watching “THE ORDER” please is it a good series ??
I need your ratings
its nice but i prefer "The society"
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Olamyyde(m): 2:46pm On Aug 19, 2020
I always thought arrested development was overrated but it's a great series especially for 2003 cheesy
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by newguy1(m): 4:55pm On Aug 19, 2020
Check our this Jordan peele n jj abrams new series lovecraft country u will come n thank me later

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyaskii(m): 5:54pm On Aug 19, 2020
Olamyyde:
I always thought arrested development was overrated but it's a great series especially for 2003 cheesy

The quality dropped when Netflix took over.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nova15: 5:57pm On Aug 19, 2020
Condor season 2 - 8/10

I can see an improvement compared to the 1st season and it's ending is just perfect, i didn't see that coming at all.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Olamyyde(m): 6:02pm On Aug 19, 2020
oyaskii:
The quality dropped when Netflix took over.
Asin. I just finished season 3 past week. I just said let me try watching season 4 episode 1. It was horrible. I can't even imagine how the series is.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by walanter(m): 6:56pm On Aug 19, 2020
Achilles100:
I don't think I have ever seen any Father and Son onscreen that looks so alike as if it real life like lKaycee and his son in Yellowstone.
yellowstone very interesting

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by nkiliuzo(m): 7:35pm On Aug 19, 2020
newguy1:
Check our this Jordan peele n jj abrams new series lovecraft country u will come n thank me later
shit is boring
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Toha22(m): 8:56pm On Aug 19, 2020
Capnd143:
I have been looking for link to download the series Fauda for the past 2 months without luck! Please any help from any one?
The series look fucking amaertuer & boring to me, I thought is going to be like Tyrant.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1724) (1725) (1726) (1727) (1728) (1729) (1730) ... (2825) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: Agbogashi, Sociology5555, Mrsmith121

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.