Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,106 members, 7,818,302 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:14 PM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (1788) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3521984 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1785) (1786) (1787) (1788) (1789) (1790) (1791) ... (2819) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by quivah(f): 9:22pm On Oct 08, 2020
I miss You and Bates Motel. I searched google for any similar series until I came across Hannibal with some good reviews unfortunately, It feels like dropping drastically to a 2 from a 10. The whole season 1 is crappy (my feel)

Please, who can help out with similar series to You and Bates motel.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by dubylhover(m): 9:40pm On Oct 08, 2020
quivah:
I miss You and Bates Motel. I searched google for any similar series until I came across Hannibal with some good reviews unfortunately, It feels like dropping drastically to a 2 from a 10. The whole season 1 is crappy (my feel)

Hannibal is one of a kind,pity you didn't vibe with it,definitely my best in that particular genre,watch mindhunter..its equally very very good..a slow burner though,but its quality
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by quivah(f): 10:34pm On Oct 08, 2020
dubylhover:

Hannibal is one of a kind,pity you didn't vibe with it,definitely my best in that particular genre,watch mindhunter..its equally very very good..a slow burner though,but its quality
Do you think I should continue with Hannibal? I have watched it until the 7th episode. I really don't fancy one episode one villain kinda series. Although Hannibal seems to have one ultimate villain but this doesn't even help my feelings cause the guy himself is confusing, first he is a mimic of Hobbs now he is the reaper?. Maybe I should manage and watch season 1 to the end. But I don't agree it's one of a kind yet.

I will check mind hunter..hope it isn't one episode one villain kinda series though? I like my series to tell a story just like Bates motel and You.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Moneyboyz: 11:19pm On Oct 08, 2020
DieRich5:
Euphoria is more realistic than sex education and life of American teenage.................for me euphoria 10/10...........sex education 8.5/10..........LOAT 7.5/10

Reverse is the case for me, sex education has better story line.

4 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by FergieRaww(m): 12:50am On Oct 09, 2020
IngeniousLeez:

No noise and rant will make me not to embark on this journey. grin I already bookmarked it too, no going back.
People's taste differ, so I don't take some peeps word for it. Only peeps I can take seriously are Niqqas whom have similar taste or Quality for content I like. It is far easier to trust their reviews than who I don't share any affinity with.
Better yet, just Download first 2-4 episodes and see for yourself. Or check out a trailer and read series of user reviews. If you like what you see push on, if not.........

The show is my Live action plan next this weekend after I'm through with Animations:- Harley Quinn, Transformers.

Exactly! People's taste differ ...

Don't let anyone change your mind here on seeing Euphoria ... it's a very nice series you'll enjoy it but don't take that annoying tomboy to heart (Zendaya) grin

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by lymelyte(m): 6:32am On Oct 09, 2020
For the tech minds,Who is seeing Next? Alot of prospect..
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Olamyyde(m): 6:58am On Oct 09, 2020
The boys episode 8...mad oo grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Tolu121: 7:15am On Oct 09, 2020
It ends here

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Tolu121: 7:17am On Oct 09, 2020
Chibudollar:
I am definitely no longer downloading Euphoria, and I already bookmarked it
lol

lol, you dey do yourself
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by dubylhover(m): 7:19am On Oct 09, 2020
quivah:

Do you think I should continue with Hannibal? I have watched it until the 7th episode. I really don't fancy one episode one villain kinda series. Although Hannibal seems to have one ultimate villain but this doesn't even help my feelings cause the guy himself is confusing, first he is a mimic of Hobbs now he is the reaper?. Maybe I should manage and watch season 1 to the end. But I don't agree it's one of a kind yet.

I will check mind hunter..hope it isn't one episode one villain kinda series though? I like my series to tell a story just like Bates motel and You.

I would advise you try to finish at least the first season of Hannibal, since you fancy psychological thrillers like you and bates motel, Hannibal is in that range also,if not better self with a very perfect ending.

Mindhunter deals with different villains sort of,but it still has that general premise of delving into the minds of serial killers..if youre interested in the psyche on how they think,then its perfect
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by kendrick9(m): 7:39am On Oct 09, 2020
Olamyyde:
The boys episode 8...mad oo grin
No spoiler please
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Tolu121: 8:32am On Oct 09, 2020
I thought homelander get ultra hearing
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Buho(m): 9:10am On Oct 09, 2020
Heading to the fourth season of the last kingdom and it's been great so far, but I can't believe I might stop watching because of a very silly reason. Uhtred's accent, mehn!!! It's so off putting!!! it didn't this fake and forced in the earlier seasons. Dude sounds like a Pakistani in the series.

I thought I was alone on this and headed over to reddit and saw people complaining about the same thing.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 9:34am On Oct 09, 2020
Buzzer99:
Has anyone seen The Fall?

It's one of the best shows I've ever watched. Gillian Anderson killed it smiley
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 9:52am On Oct 09, 2020
quivah:

Lol, why don't you like Dexter?
Might be a slow burner like Bates motel at first but it's also good
I would forget about Hannibal honestly
I'm into serial killers ish and Hannibal didn't do it for me at all
P.S Mindhunter is a bore.my opinion tho
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Olamyyde(m): 10:44am On Oct 09, 2020
Nairalandgirl:
Lol, why don't you like Dexter? Might be a slow burner like Bates motel at first but it's also good I would forget about Hannibal honestly I'm into serial killers ish and Hannibal didn't do it for me at all P.S Mindhunter is a bore.my opinion tho
Dexter(Season 1 to 4) is honestly incredible.
Hannibal is also incredible. It's an aesthetic masterpiece.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 11:04am On Oct 09, 2020
Olamyyde:

Dexter(Season 1 to 4) is honestly incredible.

Hannibal is also incredible. It's an aesthetic masterpiece.
Lol, Dexter was the first serial killer series I watched and it was what actually made me love psycho peeps

Hannibal wasn't it abeg.
I struggled to keep up and that is saying a lot considering my love for psychos

And why do you say Season 1 to 4, what happened to the other seasons of Dexter. Didn't you finish the whole series?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by AbdulSleeky: 11:11am On Oct 09, 2020
Bobbybube:

Lol
I don complain about this thing tire.
"Its not your fault darling. There's nothing you could do. You tried your best. You'll be fine"
Alaye stop lying joor.
And why do these "white people" (they are always white) always have the need for someone to make them feel better by lying to them. They are soo weak and impulsive and broken.
Nigerians are much tougher people and emotionally stronger.

It is the same reason why the average Nogerian drives like an animal and is aggressive.

Empathy, reassurance and attention to mental health go a long way

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Priapus69: 11:27am On Oct 09, 2020
The Boys...
WTF
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by quivah(f): 11:48am On Oct 09, 2020
Nairalandgirl:

Lol, why don't you like Dexter?
Might be a slow burner like Bates motel at first but it's also good
I would forget about Hannibal honestly
I'm into serial killers ish and Hannibal didn't do it for me at all
P.S Mindhunter is a bore. my opinion tho
Thank you. I also do not feel Hannibal has anything real for me. It's too gore and overboard. The reason I Love You and Bates motel is that they're quite relatable and telling a story. Hannibal is rather irritating. It's just nothing I picture with psychology thrillers. It's highly unrealistic with a heightened reality.
Maybe I should check Dexter.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Olamyyde(m): 11:49am On Oct 09, 2020
Nairalandgirl:

Lol, Dexter was the first serial killer series I watched and it was what actually made me love psycho peeps

Hannibal wasn't it abeg.
I struggled to keep up and that is saying a lot considering my love for psychos

And why do you say Season 1 to 4, what happened to the other seasons of Dexter. Didn't you finish the whole series?
Dexter really should have ended at season 4. It was honestly never the same after season 4.

The Season 4 finale had what I consider to be one of the greatest and shocking television episodes of all time. It would have been the perfect ending but they just had to milk more from the series. I loved dexter's actor and his narration. Season 1, 2 and 4 were just incredible.

Season 8 of dexter is up there with season 8 of GOT as one the worst last seasons of a previously great show.

Hannibal how ever is a different beast. It was a whole other experience. I remember the first time i watched it. I used to have visions/nightmares of each episode in season 1.

The classical music was exceptional, I loved will Graham's 'this is my design' phrase. I loved will graham's visions of murder, that was actually my favourite part of the show. Mads mikkelson really killed it as hannibal in that series. Imagine another actor outshining a role that a GOAT like Anthony hopkins made his bitch.

I loved mads mikkelson accent and witty replies. There was a lot of dark humor in the series. The food that hannibal cooked were so beautiful even tho it was human meat. That's why I said hannibal is a completely different kind of beast to dexter(I can't say which one had a better prime). It's an aesthetic/artistic masterpiece. Unfortunately season 3 wasn't as great as 1 and 2.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 12:25pm On Oct 09, 2020
quivah:

Thank you. I also do not feel Hannibal has anything real for me. It's too gore and overboard. The reason I Love You and Bates motel is that they're quite relatable and telling a story. Hannibal is rather irritating. It's just nothing I picture with psychology thrillers. It's highly unrealistic with a heightened reality.
Maybe I should check Dexter.
Lol, exactly I don't know what they were trying to prove with Hannibal but it was just overboard
Dexter is awesome, you would love it
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 12:42pm On Oct 09, 2020
Olamyyde:

Dexter really should have ended at season 4. It was honestly never the same after season 4.

The Season 4 finale had what I consider to be one of the greatest and shocking television episodes of all time. It would have been the perfect ending but they just had to milk more from the series. I loved dexter's actor and his narration. Season 1, 2 and 4 were just incredible.

Season 8 of dexter is up there with season 8 of GOT as one the worst last seasons of a previously great show.

Hannibal how ever is a different beast. It was a whole other experience. I remember the first time i watched it. I used to have visions/nightmares of each episode in season 1.

The classical music was exceptional, I loved will Graham's 'this is my design' phrase. I loved will graham's visions of murder, that was actually my favourite part of the show. Mads mikkelson really killed it as hannibal in that series. Imagine another actor outshining a role that a GOAT like Anthony hopkins made his bitch.

I loved mads mikkelson accent and witty replies. There was a lot of dark humor in the series. The food that hannibal cooked were so beautiful even tho it was human meat. That's why I said hannibal is a completely different kind of beast to dexter(I can't say which one had a better prime). It's an aesthetic/artistic masterpiece. Unfortunately season 3 wasn't as great as 1 and 2.

I get your angle, it's just that I like serial killers with an err of personality..
Interesting to watch and thrilling sort of.
Will Graham and Hannibal were extremely boring with zero personality
I don't even want to talk about Will and his hallucinations or the overly dramatic murders
But I guess different strokes for different folks.. cheesy
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by dubylhover(m): 12:52pm On Oct 09, 2020
Olamyyde:

Hannibal was as good as anything close to perfect could be,the dialogues,the music like you said was just divine,I especially loved those sessions with Dr Alana bloom..omo its bringing back memories,watched it like 7 years ago..might even go and rewatch it again..
The way it ended self couldn't have been better,literally a cliffhanger
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Olamyyde(m): 1:12pm On Oct 09, 2020
dubylhover:

Hannibal was as good as anything close to perfect could be,the dialogues,the music like you said was just divine,I especially loved those sessions with Dr Alana bloom..omo its bringing back memories,watched it like 7 years ago..might even go and rewatch it again..
The way it ended self couldn't have been better,literally a cliffhanger
Mehn I rewatched it again this year and was still mindblown by the cinematography and sound. Even the end of season 3 with hannibal's psychologist is mind-blowing and that's the weakest season.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Olamyyde(m): 1:15pm On Oct 09, 2020
Nairalandgirl:

I get your angle, it's just that I like serial killers with an err of personality..
Interesting to watch and thrilling sort of.
Will Graham and Hannibal were extremely boring with zero personality
I don't even want to talk about Will and his hallucinations or the overly dramatic murders
But I guess different strokes for different folks.. cheesy
Did you finish season 1?

Hannibal didn't show his true nature until the Chesapeake ripper was introduced in episode 5 or so. He had a lot of personality, he even showed he still had emotions in the season 2 finale.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 1:33pm On Oct 09, 2020
Olamyyde:

Did you finish season 1?

Hannibal didn't show his true nature until the Chesapeake ripper was introduced in episode 5 or so. He had a lot of personality, he even showed he still had emotions in the season 2 finale.
Yeh.. watched more than half of season 1
When I mean personality in this sense, I mean sort of relatable. Don't know how to explain it sha but didn't get that from Hannibal
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 2:39pm On Oct 09, 2020
The boys season 2 finale no be moimoi oooo.

Just saw someone's daughter getting beaten like say she go blaspheme the name of the prophet during main hajj in Mecca cheesy
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Olamyyde(m): 2:48pm On Oct 09, 2020
Nairalandgirl:

Yeh.. watched more than half of season 1
When I mean personality in this sense, I mean sort of relatable. Don't know how to explain it sha but didn't get that from Hannibal
Hannibal was described as a pure sociopath so I'm not really sure if he would be relatable to 95% of the population. This was a man who believed God was responsible for the deaths of people who died in collapsed churches. He even said God loved killing them and he's just doing what God does.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Olamyyde(m): 2:49pm On Oct 09, 2020
alexistaiwo:
The boys season 2 finale no be moimoi oooo.

Just saw someone's daughter getting beaten like say she go blaspheme the name of the prophet during main hajj in Mecca cheesy
They just turned her to an handicapped robot at the endgrin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by hellohgy(m): 3:33pm On Oct 09, 2020
Season finale of the boys is mad ooo..

The werey dey disguise ni sha....

Make I no drop spoilers......

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by DieRich5: 3:37pm On Oct 09, 2020
3 against 1............meh see beating.....the boys episodes 8, rate 10/10

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1785) (1786) (1787) (1788) (1789) (1790) (1791) ... (2819) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.