Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,264 members, 7,818,897 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:37 AM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (2052) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3524367 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2049) (2050) (2051) (2052) (2053) (2054) (2055) ... (2820) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 11:18am On Nov 22, 2021
Watching the live-action Cowboy Bebop and it's been decent so far. Jon Cho and Mustafa Shakir have got the banter between Spike and Jet down. I'll give Netflix an A for effort so far. Only gripe I have is that Daniella Pineda, while projecting Faye's feistiness, doesn't really have Faye levels of sex appeal.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by mrfabuloz(m): 11:59am On Nov 22, 2021
[code][/code]
Baddestguyp:
y'all are overhyping Arcane...
It's a great show...but nowhere near the level y'all are hyping...
8/10 at best

Anyway I'll watch episodes 7-9 tomorrow or next...

Watching Hellbound comes first once in free
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by OhBritannia(m): 1:34pm On Nov 22, 2021
jikins:

The wheel of time timeline is actually several years in the future. So gay scenes shouldn't be out of place.
well if that's the case then it's alright, as long as they didn't push it to our faces.
Maybe few seconds of gayyy scenes because the story and what the story is all about doesn't even need many sex scenes.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by DieRich5: 1:58pm On Nov 22, 2021
Kaycee7:
Watching the live-action Cowboy Bebop and it's been decent so far. Jon Cho and Mustafa Shakir have got the banter between Spike and Jet down. I'll give Netflix an A for effort so far. Only gripe I have is that Daniella Pineda, while projecting Faye's feistiness, doesn't really have Faye levels of sex appeal.
I fit understand the series without watching the anime?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Jarchi(m): 2:24pm On Nov 22, 2021
AnfieldFan:

I haven't watched Dune, I've avoided spoilers so far because I want to read the book first..
Wheel of Time is another issue, I think I will read the first book then watch....

Wheels of time is so slow paced, but hopeful and interesting, I slept off before I could download episode 3, watched one and two, decided not to watch anymore then they end it in suspense I don't want to miss.
Who has read the book, is it hopeful and worth the time?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 2:31pm On Nov 22, 2021
DieRich5:
I fit understand the series without watching the anime?
Yeah.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 3:18pm On Nov 22, 2021
OhBritannia:
well if that's the case then it's alright, as long as they didn't push it to our faces.
Maybe few seconds of gayyy scenes because the story and what the story is all about doesn't even need many sex scenes.

Lol, you sure say you Sabi wheel of Time?

I hear it also has sex scenes in the books. grin
Not brutal GOT shït but it's present. I've scene couple of nude scenes in the first 2 episodes I'm watching so far.

No gay scene YET, but wouldn't be shocked if u see any.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 3:20pm On Nov 22, 2021
Jarchi:

Wheels of time is so slow paced, but hopeful and interesting, I slept off before I could download episode 3, watched one and two, decided not to watch anymore then they end it in suspense I don't want to miss.
Who has read the book, is it hopeful and worth the time?

The match at you people are throwing out SLOW PACE these days ehn, I dey surprise.

Wheel of Time that many critics were complaining of its fast pace and rush that you'd get confused if you didn't pay ATTENTION to details. undecided The only people that would easily understand what's going on are the book fans. That's why many say it's off-putting.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kidididi: 3:34pm On Nov 22, 2021
abduleez1:

Not brutal GOT shït but it's present. I've scene couple of nude scenes in the first 2 episodes I'm watching so far.

Nude scene in wheel of time?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Flamemignon1(m): 4:00pm On Nov 22, 2021
OhBritannia:
A lot of people said the sex scenes were kinda forced

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by DieRich5: 4:08pm On Nov 22, 2021
Kaycee7:
Yeah.
okay thanks
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by DieRich5: 4:14pm On Nov 22, 2021
abduleez1:

The match at you people are throwing out SLOW PACE these days ehn, I dey surprise.

Wheel of Time that many critics were complaining of its fast pace and rush that you'd get confused if you didn't pay ATTENTION to details. undecided The only people that would easily understand what's going on are the book fans. That's why many say it's off-putting.
this is a cheat, the book fans re always the ones with the clear picture of the film sad
See wat Dem did to dune....... I just downloaded the WOT yesterday I hope it clear for me to understand fully

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by durubennie(m): 5:27pm On Nov 22, 2021
100/10

6 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Chibudollar: 5:33pm On Nov 22, 2021
Wheels of time episode 1 so far looking good.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Jarchi(m): 6:13pm On Nov 22, 2021
abduleez1:

I meant the same thing, it is fast for those who have read the book. I just don't understand what's going on. I am following the story because of the hype, hoping I don't regret it. I wish I had the time to read the book but ...
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Jarchi(m): 6:31pm On Nov 22, 2021
What I learnt from arcane is, people ain't bad for no reason and they are ready to come into the light/good if their motivations is healed except a psychopath of course. We only complicate things by our confusion, thinking doing more of we that made them bad will solve the problem. Devil wanted power, boko haram the name says all but he get religious tone I don't want to start,make I no spoil film na why I use those examples.
durubennie:
100/10

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by OhBritannia(m): 7:01pm On Nov 22, 2021
Flamemignon1:

A lot of people said the sex scenes were kinda forced
Are there even sex scenes in episode 1 to three?

I have not really seen any real sex scenes, just two people kissing and the nude scene.

It's been decent show so far.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by OhBritannia(m): 7:03pm On Nov 22, 2021
abduleez1:

Just one nude scene from episode one to three so far and the scene was understandable since the man needs to go naked Before entering the bath.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by jikins(m): 8:24pm On Nov 22, 2021
Jarchi:

I meant the same thing, it is fast for those who have read the book. I just don't understand what's going on. I am following the story because of the hype, hoping I don't regret it. I wish I had the time to read the book but ...

Just because you don't understand what is going on doesn't make it slow pace. WOT was literally on the move from episode 1. I cant fathom how you tag it slow pace. And you can easily help yourself by checking on youtube for a summary of the book. I didnt read the book at all but I have a rough idea of what is going on because I watched summaries of the books on youtube. Heck I even know which of the five is the dragon self. To spare you some spoilers heres a video that gives you the lay of the land by explaining the events that occured prior to the start of the series

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQYJCofVxWk

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Jarchi(m): 8:37pm On Nov 22, 2021
jikins:

Just because you don't understand what is going on doesn't make it slow pace. WOT was literally on the move from episode 1. I cant fathom how you tag it slow pace. And you can easily help yourself by checking on youtube for a summary of the book. I didnt read the book at all but I have a rough idea of what is going on because I watched summaries of the books on youtube. Heck I even know which of the five is the dragon self. To spare you some spoilers heres a video that gives you the lay of the land by explaining the events that occured prior to the start of the series

Slow pace as in, character exploitation and development, plot development and all. They just started running away from extremely fast crazy creatures, in the midst of all that, they trying to expose us to the character and environment is taking forever and the CGI weak me die, as in really. I think I see something like legends of the seeker vibe in it though. I love crazy script writing, plot twist, unpredictable story and suspense. Sorry my bad, let me go and rewatch it, i just recovered from a very beautiful creative work
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 8:42pm On Nov 22, 2021
jikins:

Succinctly put.

I swear I'm still surprised how someone will say it's slow paced. Show that from episode one na speed of light them take move.

Yea... I think the girl is the dragon reborn. That her bf go be evil reborn. Him dey do like person wey devil like dey use. grin

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by jikins(m): 8:59pm On Nov 22, 2021
abduleez1:

Succinctly put.

I swear I'm still surprised how someone will say it's slow paced. Show that from episode one na speed of light them take move.

Yea... I think the girl is the dragon reborn. That her bf go be evil reborn. Him dey do like person wey devil like dey use. grin

lol make I nor spoil am for you and everyone else here. The dragon could be anyone is all I'll say

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by tatatar: 9:01pm On Nov 22, 2021
OhBritannia:
I have just watched only episode 1 and trust me, i could have watched all three episodes at a go, but early this morning will make it the third Time i will be rewatching the episode 1.

Bro!!! The Series is too interesting that you have to pay attention to details, like names, events and understand what is actually going on. The series isn't just about action, it's very detailed.
Most people might watch it without even understanding what is going on and names of the people they are seeing.

Mehnnn!!!! The series is top notch and i will continue with the rest two episodes today and as for gayyy scenes, non so far.

One thing i have noticed about fantasy and adventure Series is that, most of them have zero gay scenes and even if there is a gay scene, they just show it like for a few seconds and that's it.

This is why i love adventure, fantasy and historical series a lot because it makes no Sense showing gayyy scenes from series that portrays like 500 to 1000 years ago because back then, homosexuality wasn't a thing, though people might do it but in secret because if you do It and you are caught, you get burnt at the stake, it is regarded as almost the same as witchcraft.

So shooting an historical, fantasy, adventure Series that portrays the olden days with gayyy scenes,, actually makes no sense, it defeats the purpose of history.
Is it dragons that makes historical sense grin
The last great fantasy and adventure series,game of thrones,had it's own gay scenes.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by tatatar: 9:04pm On Nov 22, 2021
OhBritannia:
The wheels of time has already been renewed for a second season.

This series will have cult followers like the game of thrones, Spartacus and the rest, it has a huge potential.

Perhaps,but it will be nothing close to game of thrones.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by waslek(m): 9:22pm On Nov 22, 2021
Plz can anyone tell me were to download this movies

Farin jini
Pair
Adunni
And mirror of love
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by jikins(m): 9:27pm On Nov 22, 2021
Jarchi:

Slow pace as in, character exploitation and development, plot development and all. They just started running away from extremely fast crazy creatures, in the midst of all that, they trying to expose us to the character and environment is taking forever and the CGI weak me die, as in really. I think I see something like legends of the seeker vibe in it though. I love crazy script writing, plot twist, unpredictable story and suspense. Sorry my bad, let me go and rewatch it, i just recovered from a very beautiful creative work

That's one thing I appreciate about the series so far. The fact that the dark one didn't pull his punches in hunting them down as we see in so many fantasy series. He literally sent an army from the get-go. Obviously, when you are on the run there's no time for much chit chat but I feel they have given us just the right amount of info on the main characters to move the story along. You have to note it's a whole new world you can't expect to fully grasp it all in just 3 episodes. Give it time, The CGI could be better but it isn't that bad. I am just not personally feeling the acting so far. Hopefully, it gets better. Take your time get an idea of the history and you will be good to go. I feel the writers so far assume most people know the history or have an idea of it, probably why they haven't fully explained it all. It's definately possible that they will explain more in the future episodes.

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaziar: 10:07pm On Nov 22, 2021
abduleez1:

Succinctly put.

In the book series, a male was the dragon reborn. If they should end up changing the gender, it definitely means they will not be sticking to the source material cause a lot of things will have to change. I'm actually more concerned, with what they're going to do about the harem situation down the line, if they decide to stick solely to the source material. I don't see a lot of mainstream shows outside of animes doing that.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by twosquare(m): 10:58pm On Nov 22, 2021
Just finished hellbound...really funny series on how people can turn an unexplainable situation into a religious cult for their benefits...ended with a mystery.

I'll give it 8/10...
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by waslek(m): 11:14pm On Nov 22, 2021
waslek:
Plz can anyone tell me were to download this movies

Farin jini
Pair
Adunni
And mirror of love
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by zeeace(m): 8:43am On Nov 23, 2021
It's really nice to see Nigeria culture finally getting some needed exposure to the world in some of these famous series. Saw it on Ted lasso and sex education.
Nigeria is a great country. Na our leaders de draw us back.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 8:51am On Nov 23, 2021
twosquare:
Just finished hellbound...really funny series on how people can turn an unexplainable situation into a religious cult for their benefits...ended with a mystery.

I'll give it 8/10...
I'm at the 5th episode...
I feel like there's a major tonal change after the first 3 episodes...I definitely didn't see the end of episode 3 coming...

Should finish the show today

(1) (2) (3) ... (2049) (2050) (2051) (2052) (2053) (2054) (2055) ... (2820) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: Lakesman445(m), Tboy2050 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.