Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,764 members, 7,831,453 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:56 PM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (2157) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3542637 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2154) (2155) (2156) (2157) (2158) (2159) (2160) ... (2825) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kennedy97: 7:51am On Mar 11, 2022
Iamyemmie:
Currently seeing
Good doctor
The residents
Chicago med
Killing eve
Last kingdom
Wentworth
The cleaning lady
Fbi
Swat
New Amsterdam
Queen of the south
Gossip girl 2021
All American
All American the homecoming
Nancy drew
Raised by the wolf
Yellow jackets
You don’t know me and many more

Is All American homecoming a good one?

Good see some one else watching Nancy drew
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Iamyemmie: 8:11am On Mar 11, 2022
Kennedy97:

Is All American homecoming a good one?

Good see some one else watching Nancy drew
Yeah it is but Simone is the main lead
Most people don’t like female lead show here undecided
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kennedy97: 8:43am On Mar 11, 2022
Iamyemmie:

Yeah it is but Simone is the main lead
Most people don’t like female lead show here undecided

I will check it out.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Floki737: 9:34am On Mar 11, 2022
Simonokeh7:
Have you guys ever been in a situation whereby you are watching a not so new series and you are like.

"Where the hell was I when this series premiered".

That's the situation I am in at the moment with how to get away with murder.

I'm already getting to the latter stages of season 4 and all I can say is

"EXPLOSIVE".

You just can't predict the end of the series the suspense is just crazy...

I'm threatened to compare HTGAWM with Suits but I only saw Suits till about season 3 or thereabouts...
So I may not really have a well balanced view..

grin grin swears bro, very great series. I started it last year December. finally finished it, February this year.
You're right, very unpredictable.
And the ending was so touching.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by DieRich5: 11:03am On Mar 11, 2022
Burntcoal:
Hello people, good morning. So I just finished seeing all the seasons of money heist ��� don't mind me I know it's a old series

but I have just one question, how were they able to negotiate their release even with new identities together with pregnant Alicia. Why were they left Scot free with so much gold
that kind bad news can easily or make the country very poor/bankrupt, u see the stock market is bleeding cus people are pulling out dere investment in Spain cus of the missing gold, Humans re very emotional when it bad news

Even without the gold, The Professor ND the gang go still make mad money from the stock market

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by RichieMichie: 11:53am On Mar 11, 2022
Simonokeh7:
Some of you guys that watch one week in one week out series..

Y'all are trying..

People like me that binge watch I rather occupy myself with another series that they have wrapped up shooting for the season than to put myself under unnecessary suspense.. grin.

If there's anything I hate is ending an episode and aching to know what happens in the next episode. But with binge watching I just simply click on the next episode and feed my hungry self grin

Like at the moment I'm seeing out HTGAWM by the time I am done hopefully Tyler Perry would have wrapped up shooting for the season 3 of the oval..

And then I finish the oval season 3 in less than a week. cheesy

Then I move unto the next series and repeat my binging cycle grin

This is me in a nutshell.

Binge watching is it for me. I regret starting popular shows like THE WITCHER and WHEEL OF TIME, shows that are looking to have up to 8 seasons. Now I'd have to wait year in year out for new seasons. I am just hoping not to succumb to the hype and begin HOUSE OF THE DRAGON AND LORD OF THE RING when they finish airing their first seasons and just wait till their final seasons. It'd be hard Sha.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kehinde2017: 1:11pm On Mar 11, 2022
Hi guysss. So I've been watching GOT for a while and I've just finished. However contrary to the popular assertion that the ending was terrible, I believe it got the befitting ending it deserved. Like what did people expect to happen?

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by DieRich5: 1:16pm On Mar 11, 2022
RichieMichie:

This is me in a nutshell.

Binge watching is it for me. I regret starting popular shows like THE WITCHER and WHEEL OF TIME, shows that are looking to have up to 8 seasons. Now I'd have to wait year in year out for new seasons. I am just hoping not to succumb to the hype and begin HOUSE OF THE DRAGON AND LORD OF THE RING when they finish airing their first seasons and just wait till their final seasons. It'd be hard Sha.
naso o
The sad part is u can't wait years for the complete seasons to finish b4 Start watching it

Weti make me Dy vex is dat 1 season for a year for some show angry
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyaskii(m): 2:33pm On Mar 11, 2022
Kehinde2017:
Hi guysss. So I've been watching GOT for a while and I've just finished. However contrary to the popular assertion that the ending was terrible, I believe it got the befitting ending it deserved. Like what did people expect to happen?
If you think the ending was befitting, you probably skimmed through the entire series cuz ain't no way you deligently saw all the season and say it had a befitting ending. There was a barrage of things wrong with S8 and Ultimately the ending.

1) The finale was rushed and they had two years to make it. Things were happening so fast, like they had another season to go.

2) Character development...For a fantasy show, character development is key, and GOT had built such a fantastic world and character building since S1 only to shatter it all in S8. For example, What was the point of the character of Jon Snow, if only to have him have that piss poor ending, what was the point of him even coming back from the dead? And Denearys arc , the mother of dragons, "Mhysa", Stormborn, all these only for her to end as the ultimate villain? Come on man.

3) Anti Climatic sequence: I think the only villain to have had the kind of character building that the Night king had in recent pop culture history was Thanos, That's how big his character was, mere mention of its name sent shivers round westeros. The battle against him was supposed to be the mother of all battles and probably should have been the end to S8 and the finale, only for it to be rushed in Ep 3 with a piss poor battle that was dark through out with it barely visible to the viewers and worse off, him dying a miserable death not befitting his fame.

4) S8 was full of plot holes.

My Man, you can hold a contrary opinion and that's fine, but that will be like "1 against 99" but 99 can't all be wrong.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by MJBOLT: 4:17pm On Mar 11, 2022
oyaskii check your post, auto correct don mess some parts up.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by dostr4(m): 4:35pm On Mar 11, 2022
Simonokeh7:
By the way I remember when there was so much frenzy about Mayor of Kingstown..

But I haven't seen anybody rave about it that much.

Wetin be the update comrades I don download the full season 1
Mek I start or mek I abort.

I Understand you guys are expecting season two. Right...
proceed comrade dont miss the masterpiece

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyaskii(m): 4:52pm On Mar 11, 2022
MJBOLT:
oyaskii check your post, auto correct don mess some parts up.
loool grin grin...Thanks my man, note to self: never type as you are walking smh... Edited now smiley

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by nani667: 5:36pm On Mar 11, 2022
⬇️⬇️⬇️

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by lahizak: 8:46pm On Mar 11, 2022
Tyler Perry the oval just kept getting bad. I sincerely hope it end with the season 3. Story line is fast becoming unintelligent and making us feel like fools

3 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 9:19pm On Mar 11, 2022
Iamyemmie:
The last kingdom 5 is out

Nice.... Lemme now start season 4.... grin cheesy
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 9:29pm On Mar 11, 2022
Wholesome news.... cheesy

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyaskii(m): 9:33pm On Mar 11, 2022
abduleez1:
Wholesome news.... cheesy
This is going the way Disney is treating the "Star Wars" franchise... milking it with every spin off possible. They should actually give it a rest and see how "House of Dragons" performs first.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 9:38pm On Mar 11, 2022
WriterNig:

Hope you won't complain of feminist trash when or IF Ten Thousand Ships land? It's female centred.
Asking for a friend.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kehinde2017: 9:46pm On Mar 11, 2022
I think I agree with you now. Thinking about it twice, I realise that plot direction worsened with Missandei's execution. Everything became awry at that point. They portrayed it like they wanted to conclude the series very quickly.
oyaskii:
If you think the ending was befitting, you probably skimmed through the entire series cuz ain't no way you deligently saw all the season and say it had a befitting ending. There was a barrage of things wrong with S8 and Ultimately the ending.

1) The finale was rushed and they had two years to make it. Things were happening so fast, like they had another season to go.

2) Character development...For a fantasy show, character development is key, and GOT had built such a fantastic world and character building since S1 only to shatter it all in S8. For example, What was the point of the character of Jon Snow, if only to have him have that piss poor ending, what was the point of him even coming back from the dead? And Denearys arc , the mother of dragons, "Mhysa", Stormborn, all these only for her to end as the ultimate villain? Come on man.

3) Anti Climatic sequence: I think the only villain to have had the kind of character building that the Night king had in recent pop culture history was Thanos, That's how big his character was, mere mention of its name sent shivers round westeros. The battle against him was supposed to be the mother of all battles and probably should have been the end to S8 and the finale, only for it to be rushed in Ep 3 with a piss poor battle that was dark through out with it barely visible to the viewers and worse off, him dying a miserable death not befitting his fame.

4) S8 was full of plot holes.

My Man, you can hold a contrary opinion and that's fine, but that will be like "1 against 99" but 99 can't all be wrong.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 9:48pm On Mar 11, 2022
oyaskii:
This is going the way Disney is treating the "Star Wars" franchise... milking it with every spin off possible. They should actually give it a rest and see how "House of Dragons" performs first.

Honestly I don't think GOT lore is about milking. Sure they are in it for some profit too but GOT lore is so EXPANSIVE and they can't expend material for that book series even with three spin off shows.
Also, it's from HBO. They hardly make mistakes in a consistent basis and the mistakes faced with GOT finale serves as a blueprint of what not to do.

Bruh, I want more GOT. That lore is too expansive to cover especially when you just stated as a book reader. There are several stories or history not even touched or barely scratched in the original show especially the Golden Empire of Yi Ti that is modelled after Imperial China.
That series spans thousands of years and GOT only touched about half a dozen decades.

I see so much promise. If done well. It will be appreciated. The hunger from fans is there
HBO also has a pedigree that rarely fails Big.
The problem with Star Wars stem from the fact that the producers of the new trilogies or projects mostly disregard the source material hence fans rage.

SOURCE MATERIAL was the main gripe for GOT finale.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by WriterNig: 9:51pm On Mar 11, 2022
abduleez1:

Hope you won't complain of feminist trash when or IF Ten Thousand Ships land? It's female centred.
Asking for a friend.

Of course i would complain. I won't be watching it by the way. But i know you'll enjoy the show cuz you're a woman.

Oh and also remind me to get you tampons & sanitary pads when next I'm headed to a supermarket.

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by waploger(m): 9:57pm On Mar 11, 2022
nani667:
⬇️⬇️⬇️

Do you stay in Lagos? If yes where? Make I use Xender collect some movies/series
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 10:01pm On Mar 11, 2022
WriterNig:

Of course i would complain. I won't be watching it by the way. But i know you'll enjoy the show cuz you're a woman.

Oh and also remind me to get you tampons & sanitary pads when next I'm headed to a supermarket.

Alrighty wimpy kid.... tongue grin kiss

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyaskii(m): 10:04pm On Mar 11, 2022
abduleez1:

Honestly I don't think GOT lore is about milking. Sure they are in it for some profit too but GOT lore is so EXPANSIVE and they can't expend material for that book series even with three spin off shows.
Also, it's from HBO. They hardly make mistakes in a consistent basis and the mistakes faced with GOT finale serves as a blueprint of what not to do.

Bruh, I want more GOT. That lore is too expansive to cover especially when you just stated as a book reader. There are several stories or history not even touched or barely scratched in the original show especially the Golden Empire of Yi Ti that is modelled after Imperial China.
That series spans thousands of years and GOT only touched about half a dozen decades.

I see so much promise. If done well. It will be appreciated. The hunger from fans is there
HBO also has a pedigree that rarely fails Big.
The problem with Star Wars stem from the fact that the producers of the new trilogies or projects mostly disregard the source material hence fans rage.

SOURCE MATERIAL was the main gripe for GOT finale.
I want more GOT project too but that finale left so much a bitter taste in my mouth so I'm a bit skeptical about any future projects so my point being they should see how "House of Dragons" go first before green Liting other projects off the GOT world, moreover Corlys Velaryon arc is not that much important to require a full series, heck this guy was mentioned sparingly in the " A Song of fire and Ice arc" and was never again mentioned in the "Game of Thrones arc".
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyaskii(m): 10:13pm On Mar 11, 2022
Kehinde2017:
I think I agree with you now. Thinking about it twice, I realise that plot direction worsened with Missandei's execution. Everything became awry at that point. They portrayed it like they wanted to conclude the series very quickly.
Plot and writing nose dived after S6, but S1 to S6 were one of the best TV serials ever made, everything was top notch from directing, dailogues, writing, props, casting etc I mean just peep the ratings for the best episodes below, I still randomly play "Rains of Castamere and "Hardhome" from time to time . GOT is probably in the class of BB, The Wire and The Sopranos.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Machini(m): 8:59am On Mar 12, 2022
Simonokeh7:
By the way I remember when there was so much frenzy about Mayor of Kingstown..

But I haven't seen anybody rave about it that much.

Wetin be the update comrades I don download the full season 1
Mek I start or mek I abort.

I Understand you guys are expecting season two. Right...

Ride on
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 10:03am On Mar 12, 2022
oyaskii:
I want more GOT project too but that finale left so much a bitter taste in my mouth so I'm a bit skeptical about any future projects so my point being they should see how "House of Dragons" go first before green Liting other projects off the GOT world, moreover Corlys Velaryon arc is not that much important to require a full series, heck this guy was mentioned sparingly in the " A Song of fire and Ice arc" and was never again mentioned in the "Game of Thrones arc".

Yeah, he's mentioned a few times in ASOIAF which GOT was adapted from but he's a very prominent character in the "Dance of the Dragons" arc which is where House of the Dragon comes from.

His "9 voyages" into other realms or kingdoms is also prominent as that was were he made a name for himself and his family line and also amassed huge wealth & pedigree and had the largest navy. He's also the richest man in his time, even richer than the Lannisters. That man is a very important character, you just don't see it yet. One of the main reasons why some people were outraged and generated controversy when he was initially unveiled as Black. He's very important in the sense that his travels takes us to other worlds sparingly mentioned or ignored in GOT ie Ebben, Yi Ti, Isshai, Essos etc. It's primarily those other continent and cultures GOT didn't touch that's why I see his adaptation.

I still share your views tho, we should first see how HOTD goes first.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by purplekayc(m): 1:56pm On Mar 12, 2022
Criminal minds S13-15

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by nani667: 2:49pm On Mar 12, 2022
WriterNig:

A very honest rating. Thank you.

Was even being generous... Underwhelming asf
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by nani667: 2:50pm On Mar 12, 2022
waploger:

Do you stay in Lagos? If yes where? Make I use Xender collect some movies/series

As I dey watch I dey delete... The movies / series no dey Tey for my phone
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by waploger(m): 2:54pm On Mar 12, 2022
nani667:

As I dey watch I dey delete... The movies / series no dey Tey for my phone

but still if you dey around my location.... just whatsapp me.....
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 3:29pm On Mar 12, 2022
abduleez1:

Alrighty wimpy kid.... tongue grin kiss
So you be fine girl and we no know since. Hope say you get big boobs too grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (2154) (2155) (2156) (2157) (2158) (2159) (2160) ... (2825) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.