Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,988 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:45 AM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (2159) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3510262 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2156) (2157) (2158) (2159) (2160) (2161) (2162) ... (2816) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by gargoyle: 3:02pm On Mar 13, 2022
Baddestguyp:
GOT started losing it from season 6...
And yes the season 8 was terrible...
It was just lazy writing

But why do you guys keep thinking that the ending was terrible?

It was okay at least. Realistically, not all seasons will be 9/10
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 6:00pm On Mar 13, 2022
Mayor of kingstown is the best tv series I've watched this year. The writers really really impressed. I'm wowed by everything about the series. It's a 10/10 tv show

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 6:08pm On Mar 13, 2022
gargoyle:

It was bad...
Poor writing...very poor
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by DieRich5: 6:16pm On Mar 13, 2022
gargoyle:

the last season is very important after watching 7 dope season, see wat dem give us in S8

Fans be waiting for so long for the great battle with The Night King and White Walker and finally dem give us the worst night battle ever cry it's too dark and the dead of TNK is painful
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by 50d33q: 6:24pm On Mar 13, 2022
Itsrm:

IMO, It is not even bad at all.
Ignore people's rating so that you can be free
That's how one clown rated Jupiter legacy one low budget super hero series high
Then lowly rate Vikings Valhalla grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Fxwarrior: 7:28pm On Mar 13, 2022
50d33q:

Ignore people's rating so that you can be free
That's how one clown rated Jupiter legacy one low budget super hero series high
Then lowly rate Vikings Valhalla grin

I just finished Vikings Valhalla that film is not below 6/10
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by 50d33q: 7:30pm On Mar 13, 2022
Fxwarrior:

I just finished Vikings Valhalla that film is not below 6/10
But someone rated it 4.5 here grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nova15: 7:39pm On Mar 13, 2022
Nobody's talking abt The Endgame here?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Achilles100: 7:44pm On Mar 13, 2022
Nova15:
Nobody's talking abt The Endgame here?

IMO

T.R.A.S.H
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 8:04pm On Mar 13, 2022
Watching game of thrones again... Mehn, that series is ten over ten
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by cao(f): 11:22pm On Mar 13, 2022
Bel-Air.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by AnfieldFan: 8:07am On Mar 14, 2022
What If wins.....

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 8:18am On Mar 14, 2022
Arcane went 9 for 9 at the Annie's. Not really surprising when you're so clear of every other nominee. GOATed

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyaskii(m): 8:49am On Mar 14, 2022
Kaycee7:
Arcane went 9 for 9 at the Annie's. Not really surprising when you're so clear of every other nominee. GOATed
I meannn....it was arguably the best animation last year in the general sense (plot, animation style, music, direction, character building). I think it was only "Invincible" that came close to it last year imo.

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by WHITELIGHTER: 10:35am On Mar 14, 2022
U just have to love Peaky Blinders

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 10:35am On Mar 14, 2022
oyaskii:
I meannn....it was arguably the best animation last year in the general sense (plot, animation style, music, direction, character building). I think it was only "Invincible" that came close to it last year imo.
*best American animation

And even at that...I still prefer Invincible...
But Arcane had some major selling points

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyaskii(m): 11:06am On Mar 14, 2022
Baddestguyp:
*best American animation

It's the major selling point that edges it slightly past "invincible" but "invincible" was top notch, the title card getting bloodier with each episode is the best use of title card i have seen in a while..top tier idea.

But I'm curious to know at bolded, why that is your perspective? Where there other animation outside of America better than it?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by IngeniousLeez: 11:30am On Mar 14, 2022
Kaycee7:

Fvvking God tier. THIS IS THE BLUEPRINT!!!

When we said something was dope as fvvk. A feast for the gods, ppl were mumbling overhype. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyaskii(m): 12:23pm On Mar 14, 2022
IngeniousLeez:

Fvvking God tier. THIS IS THE BLUEPRINT!!!

When we said something was dope as fvvk. A feast for the gods, ppl were mumbling overhype. grin
mods ban your moniker? Wentin you do? wink
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 12:34pm On Mar 14, 2022
oyaskii:
It's the major selling point that edges it slightly past "invincible" but "invincible" was top notch, the title card getting bloodier with each episode is the best use of title card i have seen in a while..top tier idea.

But I'm curious to know at bolded, why that is your perspective? Where there other animation outside of America better than it?
The baba wan call anime but even the anime community has said that if Arcane was anime, it would be Anime of the Year.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by IngeniousLeez: 12:51pm On Mar 14, 2022
oyaskii:
mods ban your moniker? Wentin you do? wink

Na spam bot knack me after I reply my guy for DC thread. embarassed

And e don tey wey that werey traumatize me. cheesy grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Chidusky(m): 1:10pm On Mar 14, 2022
While talking about movies poviders Afdah2.com still remain the best.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Chibudollar: 1:31pm On Mar 14, 2022
Baddestguyp:
*best American animation

here also I prefer Invincible. Can't wait for season 2 and hope they keep up with season 1
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyaskii(m): 2:59pm On Mar 14, 2022
Kaycee7:
The baba wan call anime but even the anime community has said that if Arcane was anime, it would be Anime of the Year.
Abi o Chief .
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by BigDawsNet: 3:24pm On Mar 14, 2022
Iamyemmie:
Currently seeing
Good doctor
The residents
Chicago med
Killing eve
Last kingdom
Wentworth
The cleaning lady
Fbi
Swat
New Amsterdam
Queen of the south
Gossip girl 2021
All American
All American the homecoming
Nancy drew
Raised by the wolf
Yellow jackets
You don’t know me and many more

You missing out on

FBI MOST WANTED
FBI INTERNATIONAL
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by BigDawsNet: 3:26pm On Mar 14, 2022
If you are not watching FROM.. you are missing

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 3:33pm On Mar 14, 2022
oyaskii:

invincible was better imo...I preferred the storytelling in Invincible better...

And for the 2nd part...yes...far far better animations outside america were made last year...what majorly stood out for Arcane was the graphics, you could tell so much money was spent on the animation...

In 2021 I watched quite a few japanese anime far far far better than Arcane...
We're talking about a year with AOT, JUJUTSU KAISEN and even JOJO STONE OCEAN
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 3:34pm On Mar 14, 2022
Chibudollar:
here also I prefer Invincible. Can't wait for season 2 and hope they keep up with season 1
I think season 2 would even be better than season 1

Invincible was just so good...
It's not just about being bloody...the storytelling was good... although it had some annoying characters

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 3:36pm On Mar 14, 2022
Kaycee7:
no sane person would say this tho...
Except art is all you judge in an animation...
Using your logic we'd say Demon Slayer is better than AOT cos of art?
You talk as if it's not the same Arcane we all watched
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyaskii(m): 3:58pm On Mar 14, 2022
Baddestguyp:
invincible was better imo...I preferred the storytelling in Invincible better...

And for the 2nd part...yes...far far better animations outside america were made last year...what majorly stood out for Arcane was the graphics, you could tell so much money was spent on the animation...

In 2021 I watched quite a few japanese anime far far far better than Arcane...
We're talking about a year with AOT, JUJUTSU KAISEN and even JOJO STONE OCEAN
For something to be the "best", it has to be the "best" in all ramifications, like saying the best picture at the Oscars would mean the absolute best when all things are considered.

"Animes" are rich in story and one can follow them for years without getting tired, but they pay little attention to the animation style because it isn't thier forte and they have simply don't have the budget for it. So all these points put together, in the real sense, which should be the best? My money will be on the one with the "better graphics* (according to you), good story, good world building, good plot, good fighting sequence.

And "anime" are a cute little genre of sought i like, I don't like comparing them with animations from big studios that have money to play with.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 3:59pm On Mar 14, 2022
Anyway Spiderman No Way Home 6.5/10

There was so much hype on this movie...
It was okay but maybe my expectations were too high...I was expecting a masterpiece only to get a childish story with childish characters making the most silly and annoying decisions I've seen in months...

Even 9 year olds make smarter decisions than these guys...but the plot must happen I guess...

I can't wait for The Boys S3...
A superhero series with real men making reasonable decisions to kill when they have to

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 4:01pm On Mar 14, 2022
oyaskii:
For something to be the "best", it has to be the "best" in all ramifications, like saying the best picture at the Oscars would mean the absolute best when all things are considered.

"Animes" are rich in story and one can follow them for years without getting tired, but they pay little attention to the animation style because it isn't thier forte and they have simply don't have the budget for it. So all these points put together, in the real sense, which should be the best? My money will be on the one with the "better graphics* (according to you), good story, good world building, good plot, good fighting sequence.

And "anime" are a cute little genre of sought i like, I don't like comparing them with animations from big studios that have money to play with.
just like how I rate video games based more on plot rather than graphics...
I rate animations based more on plot rather than animation or art
So I guess we are different in that regard...

Arcane's selling point was the animation...strip that away to something of medium budget and not much is left

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (2156) (2157) (2158) (2159) (2160) (2161) (2162) ... (2816) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.