Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,756 members, 7,820,626 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:29 PM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (2165) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3527739 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2162) (2163) (2164) (2165) (2166) (2167) (2168) ... (2820) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by 50d33q: 4:11pm On Mar 19, 2022
DieRich5:
my post up dere
seen
Thanks

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by OhBritannia(m): 4:27pm On Mar 19, 2022
DieRich5:
#Carnival Row
So far I'm enjoying it, I'm at episodes 3 now, Cara Delevingne dope sex scene cheesy

Nawao..... she's gay in real life cry

O2tv get the most useless video quality ND na the HD wey dem add join Dy pain me pass, people Dy try download for there o but no more useless ad again for dere

Keep going bro, this is just the beginning, you will get to enjoy it the more as things starts unfolding and you begin to find out things for yourself. It gets to a stage where you will then become very very emotional, i was almost close to tears self.
When you get to the emotional stage, let me know grin very painful scene to watch.
And the soundtrack is soul terrifying.
Till today the soundtrack of carnival row hunts my soul.
I fly for you. My child, my son Sweet dreams to you my only one. cry
Soon you will understand why this lyrics is used in the series.
Just keep going.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by OhBritannia(m): 4:35pm On Mar 19, 2022
Baddestguyp:
actually the issue isn't about female protagonists...the issue is they aren't written well...

How to get away with murder had Annalise Keating and we loved it...
Look at The Villainess, a Korean action movie from a few years ago...with a female lead but I enjoyed it cos she was well written...there are still a few shows or movies with well written female leads...

It's just that it's hard for Hollywood to write good female leads nowadays...
Most of the good ones I've seen are either from years ago or from other countries...
Feels like Hollywood is more focused on female empowerment than writing a good female lead character
I will have to agree with you.
You are right. I thought the other guy was talking about series in general.
Other countries like Spain, Korea, France and co had block buster Series with women as lead roles except for Hollywood with nonsense script writing.
I doubt if we are ever going to see Hollywood Series with female leads like zena ( warrior princess)
The 100.
And so many old good series.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by OhBritannia(m): 4:41pm On Mar 19, 2022
Baddestguyp:
lol I'm also waiting for Kingdom season 3...
Especially after watching the Special episode abi movie...
I hated anything Zombie series before Kingdom...
It's been like three years now and no talk of season 3 at all.
This is one thing i don't like about Netflix.
If it was in HBO or Amazon, even before the airing of the last episode of season two, they already started the shooting of season 4 with season 3 already done and dusted.

Neflix keep renewing shittty series.
How many times have they renewed series like Elites and yet Series like kingdom is still hanging out there.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by DieRich5: 4:48pm On Mar 19, 2022
OhBritannia:

Keep going bro, this is just the beginning, you will get to enjoy it the more as things starts unfolding and you begin to find out things for yourself. It gets to a stage where you will then become very very emotional, i was almost close to tears self.
When you get to the emotional stage, let me know grin very painful scene to watch.
And the soundtrack is soul terrifying.
Till today the soundtrack of carnival row hunts my soul.
I fly for you. My child, my son Sweet dreams to you my only one. cry
Soon you will understand why this lyrics is used in the series.
Just keep going.
lolz, I don mark ur moniker, I'll come for you when I'm done with it next week grin

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by DieRich5: 4:53pm On Mar 19, 2022
OhBritannia:
Other countries like Spain, Korea, France and co had block buster Series with women as lead roles except for Hollywood with nonsense script writing.
I doubt if we are ever going to see Hollywood Series with female leads like zena ( warrior princess)
The 100.
mostly Korean women series grin

3 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kennedy97: 5:17pm On Mar 19, 2022
DieRich5:
na top boy push me go dere oo,

I never sub my Netflix again cus I get alot of shows wey Netflix no get, I can't be wasting my money on it cheesy
True that's why e no dey too worry me again

Will I sub Amazon and apple+ too
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kennedy97: 5:19pm On Mar 19, 2022
Is it just me or does Cara Delevingne look like Morena Baccarin?

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by OhBritannia(m): 5:40pm On Mar 19, 2022
Guys!!! There is something I've noticed about the women when it comes to Series.
I don't really watch movies, i don't even remember the last time i watch a movie.
90% of my television time has been series so as a series addict. I have noticed that British actresses are better actresses than actresses in USA.
The women from the UK are better actresses than their counterparts from America.
I don't know if i am the only one that have noticed this.
They are not only better but they have better uses of the English words, like they speak like poets, they don't just speak English but they pick their words with Grammer and poetry like they are very very very educated women.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 5:43pm On Mar 19, 2022
OhBritannia:
The 100.

Xena is actually feminist bullshit if it debuts in today's world. It had a beautiful story back then and good cast, especially Jasper, Ares and Gabrielle. But things started tilting to weak plot and ridiculousness as the seasons progressed. S1-S4 would be it's best seasons.
It's success is probably because it was the first of its kind back then and no focus on sjw panderings.

But if I watch that show now, lol, I go dey smh for myself. grin
I'm hearing of a possible reboot sef. undecided
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyaskii(m): 6:09pm On Mar 19, 2022
OhBritannia:
Guys!!! There is something I've noticed about the women when it comes to Series.
I don't really watch movies, i don't even remember the last time i watch a movie.
90% of my television time has been series so as a series addict. I have noticed that British actresses are better actresses than actresses in USA.
The women from the UK are better actresses than their counterparts from America.
I don't know if i am the only one that have noticed this.
They are not only better but they have better uses of the English words, like they speak like poets, they don't just speak English but they pick their words with Grammer and poetry like they are very very very educated women.
This argument is neither here nor there, show me a very good British actress and I will raise you 10 American actresses who are better. Not negating British series or British actresses but America was, is, and will continue to be the main hub of entertainment worldwide, and that's while American award shows for entertainment (Oscars, Emmy, Grammy) have a worldwide traction, even them British actress and actors want an American movie or series in their CV than anything else.

Angles and Saxons which form the British in the 5th century are the literally the founders of the "English" language and taught every other person the language including America, so of course they will have a good command of it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by OhBritannia(m): 6:29pm On Mar 19, 2022
oyaskii:
This argument is neither here nor there, show me a very good British actress and I will raise you 10 American actresses who are better. Not negating British series or British actresses but America was, is, and will continue to be the main hub of entertainment worldwide, and that's while American award shows for entertainment (Oscars, Emmy, Grammy) have a worldwide traction, even them British actress and actors want an American movie or series in their CV than anything else.

Angles and Saxons which form the British in the 5th century are the literally the founders of the "English" language and taught every other person the language including America, so of course they will have a good command of it.
No you are wrong.
Naturally British women are exposed to acting at a very young age.
I don't really know about the British culture but from what i have seen so far, i think theater and stage acting are parts of their culture which is more natural acting and more natural talent.

America deals more on editing and camera work a lot, most famous actresses in America ain't really talented, it is the industry that just decided to push them.
If you are on Reddit and Quora you will see Many people actually call these famous America actresses talentless, even those with Emmys and Oscars.
They are Just favoured by the industry.
However British women are naturalized actresses, theater arts and theater drama is part of their culture even in schools.
This is why they always portrays stage dramas in almost all their series.
There are actresses who ain't famous in television but are famous on theater drama in the UK..
And yes the reason why people go to America is because America is the hub of entertainment in the world however there are Series very famous series that the lead roles are British women.
I can name many famous and epic America series that the lead roles are British women.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by OhBritannia(m): 6:31pm On Mar 19, 2022
abduleez1:

Xena is actually feminist bullshit if it debuts in today's world. It had a beautiful story back then and good cast, especially Jasper, Ares and Gabrielle. But things started tilting to weak plot and ridiculousness as the seasons progressed. S1-S4 would be it's best seasons.
It's success is probably because it was the first of its kind back then and no focus on sjw panderings.

True Xena became weak as the season progresses, i don't know why they had Many seasons instead of just ending it at the right Time but overall it's still a Great series..
The women that played the lead roles, really killed their roles.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 6:33pm On Mar 19, 2022
Kennedy97:
It's just you

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 6:41pm On Mar 19, 2022
abduleez1:

Main reason I kept watching was cos Gabrielle got hotter each subsequent season. Short haired Gabrielle was peak

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by GloriousGbola: 6:51pm On Mar 19, 2022
Kaycee7:
Main reason I kept watching was cos Gabrielle got hotter each subsequent season. Short haired Gabrielle was peak

Hotter?

I thought you said you like bosoms? Wetin be this agbalumo?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 6:55pm On Mar 19, 2022
GloriousGbola:

Hotter?

I thought you said you like bosoms? Wetin be this agbalumo?
I make exceptions from time to time. Variety is the spice of life afterall
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by OhBritannia(m): 6:57pm On Mar 19, 2022
abduleez1:

I'm hearing of a possible reboot sef undecided
As per the bold.
Any reboot of Xena then they are just going to destroy our childhood memories of Zena.
They better not provoke the audience.
They should Just leave it as it is.
This is how they have been trying to portray actors as Merlin in some Series but it woefully backfired.

We all know there is only one Merlin which we love, any other Merlin again will backfire.
Just imagine a new sword series and the actor is called Ragnar.
Like who the fork are you to be called Ragnar?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 7:49pm On Mar 19, 2022
Kaycee7:

Lol, I dey tell you...she was always transforming into something hotter we had to continue. grin grin
Her dress kept getting shorter and shorter and cleavage just dey boost. cheesy
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 8:08pm On Mar 19, 2022
Kaycee7:
I make exceptions from time to time. Variety is the spice of life afterall

Dude is not a boobs man or a man of culture....if not he would have known the law of varieties. And at times small boobs might look way more attractive than bigger boobs. Even for a big tits lover.

4 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 8:09pm On Mar 19, 2022
Kennedy97:

Not close in anyway. The big nose on Cara sef is very contrasting to Morena's small nose.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 8:16pm On Mar 19, 2022
This guy don come with hearsay again. undecided
When time comes for tendering of receipts I hope the energy will remain the same.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 8:23pm On Mar 19, 2022
abduleez1:

Dude is not a boobs man or a man of culture....if not he would have known the law of varieties. And at times small boobs might look way more attractive than bigger boobs. Even for a big tits lover.
Chai!

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 8:27pm On Mar 19, 2022
abduleez1:
This guy don come with hearsay again. undecided
When time comes for tendering of receipts I hope the energy will remain the same.
I started typing out a reply but I no know where I wan begin address the okoto, I just leave am
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyaskii(m): 9:02pm On Mar 19, 2022
OhBritannia:
No you are wrong.
Naturally British women are exposed to acting at a very young age.
I don't really know about the British culture but from what i have seen so far, i think theater and stage acting are parts of their culture which is more natural acting and more natural talent.

America deals more on editing and camera work a lot, most famous actresses in America ain't really talented, it is the industry that just decided to push them.
If you are on Reddit and Quora you will see Many people actually call these famous America actresses talentless, even those with Emmys and Oscars.
They are Just favoured by the industry.
However British women are naturalized actresses, theater arts and theater drama is part of their culture even in schools.
This is why they always portrays stage dramas in almost all their series.
There are actresses who ain't famous in television but are famous on theater drama in the UK..
And yes the reason why people go to America is because America is the hub of entertainment in the world however there are Series very famous series that the lead roles are British women.
I can name many famous and epic America series that the lead roles are British women.
Meryl Streep, Scarlett Johansson, Emma Stone, Natalie Portman, Anne Hathaway, Angelina Jolie, Jennifer Lawrence.. mention 7 British actress that are better than these lots...The only British actress imo that has really carved a niche and has gone proper mainstream is probably Kate Winslet.

Early child acting is not exclusive to the British, Theatre and Stage Acting is a part of most countries active in the entertainment scene. It's "Broadway" a joke to you? I don't even know how vast you are in the Nigerian entertainment scene, but stage acting and theatre was a big thing in the 70's and 80's, Playwright were raking in money through weekly back then, so theatre and stage acting goes round.

Reddit is a faceless forum, and people trash talk anything on there good or bad, so saying American actresses aren't really talented is a big lie and you probably saw it in one fallacious subred.

So am I chilling and waiting for you to mention these epic American series that British actresses were lead.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 9:11pm On Mar 19, 2022
OhBritannia:
As per the bold.
Any reboot of Xena then they are just going to destroy our childhood memories of Zena.
They better not provoke the audience.
They should Just leave it as it is.
This is how they have been trying to portray actors as Merlin in some Series but it woefully backfired.

We all know there is only one Merlin which we love, any other Merlin again will backfire.
Just imagine a new sword series and the actor is called Ragnar.
Like who the fork are you to be called Ragnar?

Merlin to the best of my knowledge is a fictional/ mythical character and has been adopted in many stories. It can and has been retold in many form as the narrator pleases as well as the Arthurian Legend.
Fyi, DC also has its own Merlin and he's a very prominent character in the magical realm. You might come across him in the upcoming Madame X series from HBOMax.

Ragnar's Legendary status and his sometimes mythical retellings makes him accessible to different portrayals. Any one can portray Ragnar. So far it's good I don't mind. Tho they might be comparisons. What you need to understand is that there are some characters that will be retold times without number throughout history. You know Ragnar now, kids born in the next 20yrs won't. That's where reboot or retellings work. Dracula has been retold many times with different flavor and peeps still can't enough.

At times reboot of a series or movie come out better than the original. It just depends on how well it's done and it's creative team. Eg Jack Reacher...the series was better and an honest portrayal of the character. Suicide Squad vs TSS, arguably Jumanji, The Jurassic franchise etc.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 9:33pm On Mar 19, 2022
Kaycee7:
Chai!
Lol,
You see, it's not really the boobs size but the shape, the contour, the nipple colouring(shape & size) and areolae.
And you know those tiny rings of dots wey be like pimples around the areola. Good lord, those things na structural marvel. grin cheesy

Form factor is the most importanter. wink

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by GloriousGbola: 9:34pm On Mar 19, 2022
oyaskii:

Meryl Streep, Scarlett Johansson, Emma Stone, Natalie Portman, Anne Hathaway, Angelina Jolie, Jennifer Lawrence.. mention 7 British actress that are better than these lots...The only British actress imo that has really carved a niche and has gone proper mainstream is probably Kate Winslet.

Early child acting is not exclusive to the British, Theatre and Stage Acting is a part of most countries active in the entertainment scene. It's "Broadway" a joke to you? I don't even know how vast you are in the Nigerian entertainment scene, but stage acting and theatre was a big thing in the 70's and 80's, Playwright were raking in money through weekly back then, so theatre and stage acting goes round.

Reddit is a faceless forum, and people trash talk anything on there good or bad, so saying American actresses aren't really talented is a big lie and you probably saw it in one fallacious subred.

So am I chilling and waiting for you to mention these epic American series that British actresses were lead.

Not to rain on your parade but -
Kate Winslet ke?
When we have helena Bonham Carter and Emily blunt?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 9:42pm On Mar 19, 2022
Kaycee7:
I started typing out a reply but I no know where I wan begin address the okoto, I just leave am

Omo I just taya. I leave matter make Oyaskii handle am dey go. I no get strength this night for addressing okoto yarnings cos I wan use the time watch film and recover small from fever.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 9:45pm On Mar 19, 2022
oyaskii:

Lol, Baba go mention GOT. grin grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by GloriousGbola: 9:49pm On Mar 19, 2022
Better call Saul. Starting off with Saul in the exact same place Walter White was - a real struggle
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyaskii(m): 9:51pm On Mar 19, 2022
GloriousGbola:

Not to rain on your parade but -
Kate Winslet ke?
When we have helena Bonham Carter and Emily blunt?

That's why said imo and only one out of the three has An Oscar, an Emmy and even a Grammy. Kate Winslet is a tad above these two you mentioned, in acting prowess. I might agree that Helena Bonham Carter probably has more range than Kate Winslet but Kate is clear in every other department...Emily Blunt is nowhere close.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2162) (2163) (2164) (2165) (2166) (2167) (2168) ... (2820) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: elvisgaga and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.