Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,637 members, 7,809,394 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:48 AM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (2193) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3504252 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2190) (2191) (2192) (2193) (2194) (2195) (2196) ... (2814) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 10:28am On Apr 11, 2022
DieRich5:
first of all, na d same storyline with the cartoon? I go like Netflix to change alot of things from the original series

Meh this girl really fit this cast grin

Yea, basically the same storyline. I heard like for like panel with slight changes. Like, Katara is older than Sokka.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by DieRich5: 10:50am On Apr 11, 2022
abduleez1:

Yea, basically the same storyline. I heard like for like panel with slight changes. Like, Katara is older than Sokka.
weti be dis na undecided
Same storyline sad
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by naylor(f): 10:59am On Apr 11, 2022
OhBritannia:
Newtoxic dot com
Thank you
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by alangrin55: 11:08am On Apr 11, 2022
Finished watching Formula 1: Drive to Survive Season 4. Just like the previous seasons; shows the highlights plus the thinking & struggles behind it.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by OhBritannia(m): 11:20am On Apr 11, 2022
abduleez1:

Nope. I don't think any spinoff of GOT is going to take away the shine from HOTD.
Forget the hype and craze of GOT, the events in HOTD is one of the most pivotal if not the biggest.
Trust me Targaryen Civil War is no joke compared to Westerosi politics. It can more than hold its own.

Imo, Amazon is the one amongst the BIG FOUR that's on the backfoot. It's playing catch up to HBOMax, Disney+ and Netflix. In terms of popularity, social media fame, success, pedigree and awards it's lagging behind.

Asides from The Boys, Invincible and recently Wheel of Time, Amazon projects have been mostly below the radar in comparison to big shows from other streamers. But Amazon has the financial backing and the will of Jeff Bezos to set it in the right path.
Netflix has series of hits, big IPs and it's upcoming roster is impressive. Disney+ can bank on MCU's popularity and Star Wars backing. HBOMax has HBO the Kings of Original programming, adult content, DC and Game of Thrones franchise. Amazon don't have something close to those franchise that's why they spending massive to hijack titles like WOT and now LOTR. LOTR is their saviour for this year and would give them the needed big boost but it also hinges on how well fans receive the show. So Amazon is in a precarious situation.
Well let us just wait and see what the house of dragon has to offer and i hope they don't wave away from the scenes and stories in the source material.
You know following completely details and scenes from the source material isn't as easy as fans thinks.
The budget will be very huge and the episodes will be damm long.
I think this is why the wheel of time kind of move away from Some scenes from the source material, i just wish fans can sometimes understand that following the source material 100% is not possible, if we want to be sincere.
I think people should just enjoy series as it is and appreciate as it is instead of comparing series to their source material. Because the covid era really dealt financial blows to all these networks.
Remember game of thrones was before covid, long long before covid so there were lots of money to put into the budget.
As for the Amazons, i think the ring of fire will win over fans of lords of the ring which is like more than a billion fan of the lords of the ring all over the world.
If they can stick to the original concept of the lords of the ring and not allow pressure from gayyy communities and trying to add in sex scenes. If they can go natural as the original lords of the ring then i dare to say the ring of fire is going to be a household name all over the world from children to adults, which is what made movies like the Lord of the ring, Harry Potter to be what they are today.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by iamprofessork: 12:11pm On Apr 11, 2022
abduleez1:

Yep. All eyes are on Avatar series. This project will make or mar Netflix's hope or plans of adapting big anime IPs for live action.
They seem to have found an alternative to bring more genre or niche fanbase like their massive collection of gaming IPs in various forms of development, both live action and animation.
my organs can't wait sef..
make dem no serve us breakfast sha..
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Brukx(m): 1:07pm On Apr 11, 2022
LucaB:
Sent a WhatsApp msg,thanks
okay, pls modify
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Benalfa(m): 2:09pm On Apr 11, 2022
Any idea on sites i can download Turkish series.
Not in tfpdl and pahe
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by GloriousGbola: 4:26pm On Apr 11, 2022
cao:
The Book of Boba Fett.

Gonna have to agree that it was meh. Struggling to remember any memorable lines

You are a clone. I've heard your voice a thousand times.

Or scenes like luke skywalker at the height of his powers.

I waited 12 months for this cry
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by swiftz(f): 4:27pm On Apr 11, 2022
Watching Queen of the South.

Season one was so good. Somewhere in-between season two was somehow but I kept watching. I'm on season three now and I don't know what I'm watching. How do you go from running a cartel to saving slaves?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 4:39pm On Apr 11, 2022
Kaycee7:
Nah! Deep down, you know it's facts so you chose not to embarrass yourself. That's growth. Love to see it.
oga how tf can you say Black Lagoon is better than AOT and you say you're not joking...
Out of all anime, Black Lagoon?

AOT is legit one of the best written anime ever made and imo one of the best shows out there...
How tf can you compare it to Black Lagoon? The same Black Lagoon I've watched 3 times? Lol...
U didn't even mention more serious anime...na Black lagoon you dey mention

No sane person would ever compare Attack on Titan to Black Lagoon...they are worlds apart...
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 4:51pm On Apr 11, 2022
Baddestguyp:
oga how tf can you say Black Lagoon is better than AOT and you say you're not joking...
Out of all anime, Black Lagoon?

AOT is legit one of the best written anime ever made and imo one of the best shows out there...
How tf can you compare it to Black Lagoon? The same Black Lagoon I've watched 3 times? Lol...
U didn't even mention more serious anime...na Black lagoon you dey mention
On a normal sha, you no dey ever sabi better thing. So it's not really surprising that you wouldn't get how amazing of a show Black Lagoon is.
Just be sure to put some respect on its name. Black Lagoon didn't deal intricately with some heavy topics and have one of the bleakest arc endings to be called unserious.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 4:52pm On Apr 11, 2022
GloriousGbola:

Gonna have to agree that it was meh. Struggling to remember any memorable lines

You are a clone. I've heard your voice a thousand times.

Or scenes like luke skywalker at the height of his powers.

I waited 12 months for this cry
Part of why I'm not even bothering with Obi-Wan
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 4:55pm On Apr 11, 2022
Abduleez, Tokyo Vice has started airing. 3 episodes so far with solid ratings.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by GloriousGbola: 5:00pm On Apr 11, 2022
Kaycee7:
Part of why I'm not even bothering with Obi-Wan

I am not fully broken yet in the series. I still have small hope for obi wan kenobi

But the last jedi broke me so much I did not bother with the hansolo movie, and I barely watched the ridiculous rise of skywalker cry angry

They massacred my boy cry cry
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 5:05pm On Apr 11, 2022
GloriousGbola:

I am not fully broken yet in the series. I still have small hope for obi wan kenobi

But the last jedi broke me so much I did not bother with the hansolo movie, and I barely watched the ridiculous rise of skywalker cry angry

They massacred my boy cry cry
I actually watched Solo. Apparently, Han has been overhyping the Kessel Run he made for decades. They really should've just let the legend be a legend.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by GloriousGbola: 5:28pm On Apr 11, 2022
Kaycee7:
I actually watched Solo. Apparently, Han has been overhyping the Kessel Run he made for decades. They really should've just let the legend be a legend.

Disney be like we own han now - so how do we top han shot first?

angry angry angry
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 5:28pm On Apr 11, 2022
Kaycee7:
On a normal sha, you no dey ever sabi better thing. So it's not really surprising that you wouldn't get how amazing of a show Black Lagoon is.
Just be sure to put some respect on its name. Black Lagoon didn't deal intricately with some heavy topics and have one of the bleakest arc endings to be called unserious.
you're the one who knows absolutely nothing...
No sane person can compare black lagoon to AOT...

I will never take your opinion seriously again...cos this is the dumbest thing I've heard this month...
You should be ashamed of yourself for making this statement...
No one has ever mentioned black lagoon among the best anime...no one rates it among the best anime...
As much as I love Black Lagoon I and everyone else knows this...

From today I won't take you seriously again...
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 5:32pm On Apr 11, 2022
If we dey mention some of the best anime ever made...
You suppose dey mention Attack on Titan
Fullmetal Alchemist brotherhood
Death Note
Hunter x hunter
Neon Genesis Evengelion
Monster
Steins Gate
Cowboy Bebop

Person here dey mention Black Lagoon...tf...
I still believe he must have smoked something or is joking to have made such statement

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 5:53pm On Apr 11, 2022
Baddestguyp:
you're the one who knows absolutely nothing...
No sane person can compare black lagoon to AOT...

I will never take your opinion seriously again...cos this is the dumbest thing I've heard this month...
You should be ashamed of yourself for making this statement...
No one has ever mentioned black lagoon among the best anime...no one rates it among the best anime...
As much as I love Black Lagoon I and everyone else knows this...

From today I won't take you seriously again...
When you say no one, person go think say you sabi wetin dey sup for the anime community.
Person wey dey drop steady okoto meow dey tell me say I should be ashamed of myself. Wetin Rock no go see for Roanapur? grin grin
Like I said, you lack the ability to appreciate the good stuff. Enjoy your popular action shows in peace abeg.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by OhBritannia(m): 5:55pm On Apr 11, 2022
Am i the only one that hasn't watched any Anime series in my entire life?
I don't just have even 1% interest in anything Anime.
I rather go watch zeeworld and Starlife on DStv. Lol

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 5:58pm On Apr 11, 2022
Baddestguyp:
If we dey mention some of the best anime ever made...
You suppose dey mention Attack on Titan
Fullmetal Alchemist brotherhood
Death Note
Hunter x hunter
Neon Genesis Evengelion
Monster
Steins Gate
Cowboy Bebop

Person here dey mention Black Lagoon...tf...
I still believe he must have smoked something or is joking to have made such statement
Normies and feeling they know anime when they've barely scratched the surface. Hilarious every time

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by GloriousGbola: 6:00pm On Apr 11, 2022
Kaycee7:
When you say no one, person go think say you sabi wetin dey sup for the anime community.
Person wey dey drop steady okoto meow dey tell me say I should be ashamed for myself. Wetin Rock no go see for Roanapur? grin grin
Like I said, you lack the ability to appreciate the good stuff. Enjoy your popular action shows in peace abeg.

In 2010,i read texazzpete arguing with some dude about mass effect. I downloaded mass effect soon after and was introduced to one of the greatest video game series ever made. Now I am reading Kaycee7's advocacy and getting ready to search for black lagoon
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 6:02pm On Apr 11, 2022
GloriousGbola:

In 2010,i read texazzpete arguing with some dude about mass effect. I downloaded mass effect soon after and was introduced to one of the greatest video game series ever made. Now I am reading Kaycee7's advocacy and getting ready to search for black lagoon
One of the few anime where the dub is recommended over the sub. They understood the assignment.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by vaca1: 6:27pm On Apr 11, 2022
Nothing to watch like seriously. I mean nothing. Let me go and listen to Tupac. Just managed to finish Sistas. I'm literally crying now.
Recommend something plzzzzzz
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Friedyokes: 7:52pm On Apr 11, 2022
severance
Absolutely fantastic, started out slow but the steam train became a bullet train , slow build up to that rollercoaster ending, and that ending , oh my , the cinematography is top notch, you should watch it if you haven't

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 7:58pm On Apr 11, 2022
Kaycee7:
Person wey dey drop steady okoto meow dey tell me say I should be ashamed of myself. Wetin Rock no go see for Roanapur? grin grin
lmao...

You sef know say you Bleep up...
Comparing Black Lagoon to the top animes
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 7:59pm On Apr 11, 2022
Kaycee7:
Normies and feeling they know anime when they've barely scratched the surface. Hilarious every time
rest...if they ask you top anime now you go dey mention Goblin Slayer and Fire Force and Shield hero lmao

I no fit take your ratings seriously again...
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 8:02pm On Apr 11, 2022
GloriousGbola:

Black Lagoon is good...
I clearly stated that I've watched it 3 times...

I love it ...
But loving something doesn't make it a objectively better show than another...

I love Jujutsu Kaisen doesn't mean it's anywhere close to Fullmetal Alchemist brotherhood

You yourself can watch both shows...
Watch them yourself AOT and Black Lagoon...let's see your objective view

Black Lagoon is in the class of anime like Darker than Black season 1...
Not in top tier like AOT abeg...tf
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 8:06pm On Apr 11, 2022
OhBritannia:
Am i the only one that hasn't watched any Anime series in my entire life?
I don't just have even 1% interest in anything Anime.
I rather go watch zeeworld and Starlife on DStv. Lol
it's your choice...
But you could try one day...
I always recommend some particular anime for beginners...the ones easy to enjoy...not all are the best

Jujutsu Kaisen (very enjoyable)
Hunter x hunter (has one of the best written arcs "chimera ant arc" in all anime
Attack on Titan (possibly the best written anime ever, definitely best of the present generation)
Death Note (one of the best anime too)

To me these are some of the ones to start with
There are many top ones but I usually don't recommend for a start cos they might be slow paced like FMA brotherhood or niche types
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 8:08pm On Apr 11, 2022
Baddestguyp:
rest...if they ask you top anime now you go dey mention Goblin Slayer and Fire Force and Shield hero lmao

I no fit take your ratings seriously again...

Like I said, barely scratched the surface.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 8:10pm On Apr 11, 2022
Kaycee7:
Like I said, barely scratched the surface.
oga you Bleep up...
I'm sure you're regretting that rubbish statement...

No sane person would say Black Lagoon is better than AOT...
Even on reddit when that CBR article was posted on some Reddit threads it was a joke to everyone...

If you said FMA, we can argue it...Monster, we can argue it, Evangelion, we can argue it...
But Black Lagoon ke?

(1) (2) (3) ... (2190) (2191) (2192) (2193) (2194) (2195) (2196) ... (2814) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: gbosah91(m), grudges and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.