Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:05 AM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (2197) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3503995 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2194) (2195) (2196) (2197) (2198) (2199) (2200) ... (2814) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 12:38am On Apr 12, 2022
Kaycee7:
All the ratings, reviews, etc are against you too on Arcane. The world is against you too.
Fun Fact: Arcane is rated higher than AoT on your beloved IMDb.

The entire world also rates Demon Slayer above Monster and Evangelion that you say are masterpieces. I guess that makes Demon Slayer a masterpiece, then.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 12:39am On Apr 12, 2022
Baddestguyp:
I've backed up every statement I've made...but you haven't backed up a single one
Look at you copying me word for word. It's kinda cute like a kid imitating an adult.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 12:40am On Apr 12, 2022
Baddestguyp:
You brought IMDb as the benchmark, didn't you? So is it the benchmark or not?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 12:40am On Apr 12, 2022
Friedyokes:
Death Note
A masterpiece, the story , the characters, light yagami, L. This is an absolutely fantastic anime , emotional rollercoaster, was light justified?, I loved every piece of up and down, the near misses, the 'almosts', everything.
the first manga I ever read...the manga (comic) is better than the anime...

Pure masterpiece...
Not for people like kaycee7 who rate Black Lagoon as a top tier anime
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 12:41am On Apr 12, 2022
Kaycee7:
Look at you copying me word for word. It's kinda cute like a kid imitating an adult.
oga I've been educating you about writing techniques for hours but you've said nothing...just random rantings with no points given
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 12:42am On Apr 12, 2022
Baddestguyp:
you brought IMDB scores
Or was it demon slayer you compared it to?
I can't remember every single nonsense you've said today
You were the first one to bring IMDb scores up. Is IMDb valid or not?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 12:43am On Apr 12, 2022
Baddestguyp:
oga I've been educating you about writing techniques for hours but you've said nothing...just random rantings with no points given
Man drops one post on plot twists no one asked for and suddenly he's been educating me on writing techniques for hours. Writing tutor can't even keep his timeline straight
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 12:44am On Apr 12, 2022
Kaycee7:
You were the first one to bring IMDb scores up. Is IMDb valid or not?
and same me stated that scores are mostly a result of what an anime does....

I gave example of shows like Arcane and Avatar scoring higher than AOT or Evangelion even when we know they aren't mates in writing
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 12:45am On Apr 12, 2022
Kaycee7:
Man drops one post on plot twists no one asked for and suddenly he's been educating me on writing techniques for hours. Writing tutor can't even keep his timeline straight
okay...
And what have you said since?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 12:46am On Apr 12, 2022
I used to think you had knowledge about writing and reviewing works even though I didn't agree with all your ratings...
But now I know you don't even know basics not to talk of anything about writing...
You can't even tell a masterpiece from an average enjoyable show

Kaycee7
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 12:47am On Apr 12, 2022
Baddestguyp:
lol, Reiner and Bertholdt is a major reveal...we were not misdirected to believe otherwise...
There were even suspicions that there were more titan shifters among the new recruits...
Are you really trying to say that Reiner and Bertholdt's reveal didn't massively change the narrative direction?
Maybe you should take some time to study your own post on plot twists.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 12:48am On Apr 12, 2022
Baddestguyp:
and same me stated that scores are mostly a result of what an anime does....

I gave example of shows like Arcane and Avatar scoring higher than AOT or Evangelion even when we know they aren't mates in writing
So IMDb is not valid then, right?

Which kind strawman be "scores are mostly a result of what an anime does"?

What does an anime do that results to scores?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 12:51am On Apr 12, 2022
Baddestguyp:
I used to think you had knowledge about writing and reviewing works even though I didn't agree with all your ratings...
But now I know you don't even know basics not to talk of anything about writing...
You can't even tell a masterpiece from an average enjoyable show

Kaycee7
Oh my heart! Baddestguyp believes I know nothing about writing. Whatever shall I do? How can I even dare to write a rough draft again? Or review literature ever?

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 12:53am On Apr 12, 2022
Baddestguyp:
okay...
And what have you said since?
What part do you need me to spoon-feed you again?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 12:54am On Apr 12, 2022
Kaycee7:
Are you really trying to say that Reiner and Bertholdt's reveal didn't massively change the narrative direction?
Maybe you should take some time to study your own post on plot twists.
I've explained the critcical element on a plot twist

1. There was no misdirection
2. Reiner and Bertholdt were not the first or second reveals as Titans...two other Titan shifters were revealed
3. The recruits were suspected of having more titan shifters among them...one of the reasons their weapons were taken away and they were secluded and kept away from Eren
4. 3 recruits were revealed in the span of 2 episodes to be Titan shifters...Ymir before Reiner and Bertholdt

Also what major narrative change did the reveal bring about? Oya state
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 12:57am On Apr 12, 2022
Baddestguyp:
I've explained the critcical element on a plot twist

1. There was no misdirection
2. Reiner and Bertholdt were not the first or second reveals as Titans...two other Titan shifters were revealed
3. The recruits were suspected of having more titan shifters among them...one of the reasons their weapons were taken away and they were secluded and kept away from Eren
4. 3 recruits were revealed in the span of 2 episodes to be Titan shifters...Ymir before Reiner and Bertholdt

Also what major narrative change did the reveal bring about? Oya state
The identities of the Colossal and Armoured Titan.
Their objective and where they came from.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 1:05am On Apr 12, 2022
Kaycee7:
it was not revealed in season 2, only identities...wtf
Did you watch the Same show?

Their objective was briefly touched on in end of season 3 part 2...and properly explained in season 4
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by nani667: 1:05am On Apr 12, 2022
Kennedy97:
Decided to watch new Amsterdam and loving it already.

Plus I knew just 4 episodes max and Helen will be a thing in the show.

But that Helen shape sha.

Ah Helen's backside... Her behind was the highlight of the entire series... Top notch ✔️
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 1:06am On Apr 12, 2022
Kaycee7:
I'm waiting for the major narrative their reveal brought about...
As they revealed their identities in exactly episode 6 of season 2... What major narrative change did it bring about?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 1:10am On Apr 12, 2022
Baddestguyp:
it was not revealed in season 2, only identities...wtf
Did you watch the Same show?

Their objective was briefly touched on in end of season 3 part 2...and properly explained in season 4
So Reiner talking about obtaining the coordinate was what? A subjective? Literally had a talk with Eren and Ymir about it and a whole battle trying to drag Eren back to his home but you say na only identity them reveal.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 1:11am On Apr 12, 2022
Baddestguyp:
I'm waiting for the major narrative their reveal brought about...
As they revealed their identities in exactly episode 6 of season 2... What major narrative change did it bring about?
Eren being the coordinate. Their much talked about home being beyond the walls and not within it.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 1:15am On Apr 12, 2022
Kaycee7:
Eren being the coordinate. Their much talked about home being beyond the walls and not within it.
lol, in season 2 did you know what the coordinate was?
In fact the reveal of Reiner was in episode 6...
The coordinate was only mentioned once at end of episode 12
And we had absolutely no idea what it meant
So how did that change the narrative...?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 1:18am On Apr 12, 2022
Kaycee7:
So Reiner talking about obtaining the coordinate was what? A subjective? Literally had a talk with Eren and Ymir about it and a whole battle trying to drag Eren back to his home but you say na only identity them reveal.
And I ask you again...
Did you understand anything about their conversation on the first watch?
Even Eren who listened didn't understand anything...that he even asked them what the hell they were talking about?

I rewatched season 2 like 2 months ago ...the only reason I understood what they were talking about was cos I now knew things...the conversation in season 2 was so vague...
It was done in a way not to give spoilers to the series
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 1:20am On Apr 12, 2022
Baddestguyp:
lol, in season 2 did you know what the coordinate was?
In fact the reveal of Reiner was in episode 6...
The coordinate was only mentioned once at end of episode 12
And we had absolutely no idea what it meant
So how did that change the narrative...?
A character is given an apparently significant name by adversaries that wish to abduct him and I have to explain to you how that changes the narrative? But I'm the one who knows nothing about writing. Wow!
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by GloriousGbola: 1:21am On Apr 12, 2022
Kaycee7:
A character is given an apparently significant name by adversaries that wish to abduct him and I have to explain to you how that changes the narrative? But I'm the one who knows nothing about writing. Wow!

Go and sleep angry angry
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 1:22am On Apr 12, 2022
Baddestguyp:
And I ask you again...
Did you understand anything about their conversation on the first watch?
Even Eren who listened didn't understand anything...that he even asked them what the hell they were talking about?

I rewatched season 2 like 2 months ago ...the only reason I understood what they were talking about was cos I now knew things...the conversation in season 2 was so vague...
It was done in a way not to give spoilers to the series
The point of the conversation wasn't to be understood but to set up new plot points to be explored. Basically, it's a rising action, not a resolution. It's supposed to leave you with questions that will be answered later.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 1:23am On Apr 12, 2022
GloriousGbola:

Go and sleep angry angry
I no get work tomorrow. Actually today. Might as well sleep in.
Besides, the teacher in me needs to make sure this poor student grasps a basic understanding of the subject.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 1:29am On Apr 12, 2022
Kaycee7:
significant name that meant absolutely nothing to the audience at the time of writing?

And even that as I stated took 6 episodes from the Reiner reveal...I wonder how you then call the Reiner reveal a plot twist
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 1:33am On Apr 12, 2022
Kaycee7:
The point of the conversation wasn't to be understood but to set up new plot points to be explored. Basically, it's a rising action, not a resolution. It's supposed to leave you with questions that will be answered later.
and how tf is that a plot twist?

Introducing new plot points is not a plot twist...
It can only be one if there is "change in the direction or expected outcome"

There was no change in the expected outcome...no form of misdirection or mislead...

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 1:46am On Apr 12, 2022
Baddestguyp:
significant name that meant absolutely nothing to the audience at the time of writing?

And even that as I stated took 6 episodes from the Reiner reveal...I wonder how you then call the Reiner reveal a plot twist
A significant name that had the audience wondering what it meant.
The narrative went from searching for the hole in the wall where the titans came through to taking Eren and Ymir back to Reiner and Bertholdt's hometown. It was the first major clue that there could indeed be other humans living outside the walls.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Percival9(m): 5:06am On Apr 12, 2022
The las 3 pages of this thread are fucccking boring 3 pages growups arguing on useless cartoon shows mtchew if naso this thread dey it will never reach here CREATE ANIME THREAD GO THERE AND ARGUE TILL ETERNITY ABEG

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Friedyokes: 7:03am On Apr 12, 2022
Baddestguyp:
Naruto is a very enjoyable anime...rewatched late last year...
Very very enjoyable...still has so many of the best and most memorable fight scenes I've seen in my life...
No way you're mentioning top 50 fight scenes in anime and like 15-20 are not from Naruto
talking on fight scenes, Boruto, has arguably one of the best fight scenes ever , episode 65 Sasuke and Naruto vs momoshiki

(1) (2) (3) ... (2194) (2195) (2196) (2197) (2198) (2199) (2200) ... (2814) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.