Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,193 members, 7,839,061 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:07 PM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (2233) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3553249 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2230) (2231) (2232) (2233) (2234) (2235) (2236) ... (2828) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 11:57am On May 13, 2022
ab221:

Finally got someone to send the complete series for me, but unfortunately its not the dub version and I can't watch and understand.
I don't think I've the patience to start downloading now.
you watch dubbed anime?

I always believe in original language...
You'll miss out on some of the lore by watching English dubbed
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by ab221(m): 12:03pm On May 13, 2022
Baddestguyp:
you watch dubbed anime?

I always believe in original language...
You'll miss out on some of the lore by watching English dubbed
Thats what many told me, but the truth is that I can't understand the series by reading the subtitle thats why i can only watch the English version.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 12:05pm On May 13, 2022
ab221:

Thats what many told me, but the truth is that I can't understand the series by reading the subtitle thats why i can only watch the English version.
which anime have you watched in dubbed?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by ab221(m): 12:10pm On May 13, 2022
Baddestguyp:
which anime have you watched in dubbed?
Only two;
Vinland Saga and Attack on Titan
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 12:17pm On May 13, 2022
ab221:

Only two;
Vinland Saga and Attack on Titan
I haven't seen Vinland Saga dubbed...so I have no idea if it's good

I've only seen AOT dubbed in episode reaction videos...AOT dubbed is good...
But you'll miss out on some words
"Tatakai" (fight)
"Shinzou wo Sasageyo" (give your hearts)

"Keep moving forward"
"Freedom"
Also some words were changed in the dubbed and the voice acting in one of the best episodes in the show wasn't great
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by ab221(m): 12:54pm On May 13, 2022
Baddestguyp:
I haven't seen Vinland Saga dubbed...so I have no idea if it's good

I've only seen AOT dubbed in episode reaction videos...AOT dubbed is good...
But you'll miss out on some words
"Tatakai" (fight)
"Shinzou wo Sasageyo" (give your hearts)

"Keep moving forward"
"Freedom"

Also some words were changed in the dubbed and the voice acting in one of the best episodes in the show wasn't great
Yeah i get your point.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by reekay2000(m): 4:40pm On May 13, 2022
OhBritannia:
Tehran season 2 episode 1 is 10/10 for me.
Now this is what you call a series, very articulate and mind blowing.
Let me rush and download episode 2.

This season started on a high note, this is what you call a proper spy series, raising your blood pressure very high grin

If you haven't seen terhan season 2 yet then you are missing.
This Tehran I searched for it on toxicwaps but the option i saw , was an animation I think.where can I download it.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 4:59pm On May 13, 2022
Wait I'm hearing something about Kaido...

One Piece fans...has Luffy finally defeated Kaido?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by OhBritannia(m): 5:28pm On May 13, 2022
reekay2000:

This Tehran I searched for it on toxicwaps but the option i saw , was an animation I think.where can I download it.
TVshows4Mobile dot com
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by PrinceofAgoAre(m): 5:34pm On May 13, 2022
DieRich5:
Halo: episode one 10/10
Meh I just checked it out ND it's was great, it's just the intro tho I'll start the series next week after the last episode drop

I wish mk dem act "Horizon" live Series meh dis game get mad story to drop
the series is predictable. .

I predicted correctly while watching that the girl's father was going to die...b

It's pretty generic
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by DieRich5: 5:48pm On May 13, 2022
PrinceofAgoAre:
the series is predictable. .

I predicted correctly while watching that the girl's father was going to die...b

It's pretty generic
normal na cheesy I bet everyone knew dat shit gonna happen
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by nani667: 6:14pm On May 13, 2022
0.2 / 10

Terrible stuff... Forced myself to power through the Skrep cos some people here were peddling Brezz in the movie... Did not see anything undecided

Waste of unlimited data

5 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by SOZINN: 7:32pm On May 13, 2022
Omo this DC Titans na glorified nonsense o.
I have watched four episodes in season one and still this thing no get direction. undecided
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 7:34pm On May 13, 2022
SOZINN:
I have watched four episodes in season one and still this thing no get direction. undecided
finding a good superhero show is like finding a needle in the bottom of the river

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 8:36pm On May 13, 2022
Can't argue with that Bruh..

3 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by toluxe0075: 8:37pm On May 13, 2022
SOZINN:
Download and Watch the boys.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 8:45pm On May 13, 2022
Same thoughts here.

I think ppl just mad cos the season didn't match the Masterpiece and epicness viewers were accustomed to for several seasons.
And there wasn't enough time for audiences to accept the fact that Dany would turn to villainy. IMO there were signs that she would turn to the mad queen with her penchant for wanting everyone to kneeel and bow before her, giving her what she thinks she deserves — The Iron Throne.

Anyways, everyone Is turning up big time for the Civil War. coolif you like claim and shout say you no watch, FOMO no go let u sit still. grin grin

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kolena: 8:48pm On May 13, 2022
Baddestguyp:
People who watch and enjoy garbage shows honestly try...it's not easy...

And those who watch 99% garbage just to find one gem...it's also not easy...

I can manage trash movie...but series? I won't touch a series until I'm sure it's good
I dey tell you grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kolena: 8:53pm On May 13, 2022
abduleez1:
Can't argue with that Bruh..
GOT remains the GOAT. Hope HOTD won't Bleep up.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kolena: 8:57pm On May 13, 2022
abduleez1:
Tokyo Vice ....... 8/10
Great series about Japanese Yakuza operations and crimefighting. Great acting, writing and directing. Superb nightlife scenes.
The earlier episodes were superior to the last 3 but still kept its overall quality.
Waited for this series over a year and I wasn't disappointed.

PACHINKO ......8.5/10
Great Korean/Japanese series delving deep into Korean social class systems during Colonial era down several generations later.
Great cast, acting, cinematography and well written. Nice in-depth character development.
Any movie or series which Lee Min-ho stares in must be dope. Need to watch that Pachinko series.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 9:04pm On May 13, 2022
SOZINN:

Lol na Titans wey half of the fanbase hate na en u jump enter.

There are good superhero shows. You just got to ask. Don't let any wailing wailer convince you ain't no good CBM fare.

There are Masterpieces like : Watchmen, Swamp Thing, The Boys.
Very Good shows like Doom Patrol (if you like weird non linear storytelling); Invincible, WandaVision.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 9:06pm On May 13, 2022
nani667:
0.2 / 10

Terrible stuff... Forced myself to power through the Skrep cos some people here were peddling Brezz in the movie... Did not see anything undecided

Waste of unlimited data

Thank God say I jump this one. The hype and Brezz wanted to force me to check how far Nollywood with nudity. grin
So no brezz with all the noise?? Abi na cleavage dey make ppl wail.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 9:08pm On May 13, 2022
Kolena:

Any movie or series which Lee Min-ho stares in must be dope. Need to watch that Pachinko series.

Can't go wrong bro. cool

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 9:09pm On May 13, 2022
Kolena:

GOT remains the GOAT. Hope HOTD won't Bleep up.

I have absolute faith in this body of work. cool cool

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 9:12pm On May 13, 2022
abduleez1:
Same thoughts here.

I think ppl just mad cos the season didn't match the Masterpiece and epicness viewers were accustomed to for several seasons.
And there wasn't enough time for audiences to accept the fact that Dany would turn to villainy. IMO there were signs that she would turn to the mad queen with her penchant for wanting everyone to kneeel and bow before her, giving her what she thinks she deserves — The Iron Throne.

Anyways, everyone Is turning up big time for the Civil War. coolif you like claim and shout say you no watch, FOMO no go let u sit still. grin grin
actually, the series began going downhill from season 6...
But season 8 was just too terrible...
It needed more buildup... everything seemed rushed...the nightwalkers were defeated in 1 episode...
Buildup for 7 seasons only to defeat them easily in 1 episode...
The way the night king was killed was also poor...to most viewers it seemed to easy and Anya seemed not to have much connection with the night king

Also many characters were making random and silly decisions that went against their character development...

Dany being evil wasn't an asspull but it was poorly done...
Yes she had shown hints of that, but there needed to be something major to push her on the brink...to make her kill the way she did...
Instead what we got was her killing thousands of innocents cos her dragon and friend were killed...and cos the people feared and rejected her cos she was a defendant of the mad king...wtf...
Her decisons were not convincing at all...
She needed a PUSH to make her go that far...we didn't see that PUSH

Also the series became to predictable...
Anyway no matter what was done, it would be hard to satisfy the viewers...
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 9:16pm On May 13, 2022
abduleez1:

Lol na Titans wey half of the fanbase hate na en u jump enter.

There are good superhero shows. You just got to ask. Don't let any wailing wailer convince you ain't no good CBM fare.

There are Masterpieces like : Watchmen, Swamp Thing, The Boys.
Very Good shows like Doom Patrol (if you like weird non linear storytelling); Invincible, WandaVision.
The Boys and Umbrella Academy are great superhero shows...I love them...
Same as Invincible

One thing I've noticed is that the best superhero shows are those which don't follow the normal superhero formula...
The superhero formula cannot sustain a full blown series...

Movies are different from series
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Delacroix6(m): 9:16pm On May 13, 2022
Lucifer...
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 9:18pm On May 13, 2022
For me I can't watch any superhero series that is not bloody...
PG-13 can work for movies but not series...
No way I'll waste my time on those

That's why The Boys and Invincible are still goated superhero shows
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 9:33pm On May 13, 2022
lipsrsealed

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 9:34pm On May 13, 2022
The Boys season 3 new trailer is coming on Monday from what I've heard

From what I've heard/ seen, "someone" is getting superpowers...
I just hope it isn't the same as what we've seen before...I don't like it when characters keep having the same powers and have to fight each other

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 9:38pm On May 13, 2022
Baddestguyp:
The Boys and Umbrella Academy are great superhero shows...I love them...
Same as Invincible

One thing I've noticed is that the best superhero shows are those which don't follow the normal superhero formula...
The superhero formula cannot sustain a full blown series...

Movies are different from series

Well there's no one dedicated formula for comic stories in the genre. If you were conversant in comics you'll know this. If you know about DC Black Label you'll know CBM is vast. Anyways you'll notice the huge tonal difference when Upcoming Netflix show The Sandman debuts (if it sticks to the comics).

Swamp Thing, Doom Patrol and Watchmen are not your average superhero style. Heck even Watchmen won a good number of Emmys and nominations (I'm talking about major categories).

You're the one who thinks classic CBM formula can't work in series format.
We've had good number of TV shows that were brilliant all through. The animated Justice League and Justice League Unlimited shows wer great. Same as Superman, Batman animated series and Batman Beyond.
Even current Young Justice is good.

Bro I no get strength for this tiring Superhero argument. You're the one wailing about Superheroes for over a month nonstop.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 9:40pm On May 13, 2022
abduleez1:

Well there's no one dedicated formula for comic stories in the genre. If you were conversant in comics you'll know this. If you know about DC Black Label you'll know CBM is vast. Anyways you'll notice the huge tonal difference when Upcoming Netflix show The Sandman debuts (if it sticks to the comics).

Swamp Thing, Doom Patrol and Watchmen are not your average superhero style. Heck even Watchmen won a good number of Emmys and nominations (I'm talking about major categories).

You're the one who thinks classic CBM formula can't work in series format.
We've had good number of TV shows that were brilliant all through. The animated Justice League and Justice League Unlimited shows wer great. Same as Superman, Batman animated series and Batman Beyond.
Even current Young Justice is good.

Bro I no get strength for this tiring Superhero argument. You're the one wailing about Superheroes for over a month nonstop.
first these Batman and co are old animated series...not recent stuff

Also who dey wail about superheroes for a month?
So because I replied someone who complained I dey wail? Smh una no sabi talk for here

(1) (2) (3) ... (2230) (2231) (2232) (2233) (2234) (2235) (2236) ... (2828) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: Benalfa(m), Laycon1(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.