Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,931 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (2368) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3528449 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2365) (2366) (2367) (2368) (2369) (2370) (2371) ... (2820) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Realtalk20: 6:33pm On Aug 18, 2022
cao:
She-Hulk: Attorney At Law.

undecided it hasn't been released yet
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Iamyemmie: 7:42pm On Aug 18, 2022
Realtalk20:

It’s on netnaija already
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Chibudollar: 8:15pm On Aug 18, 2022
NKIRI site is back. Thank God ooooooo
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by moufan: 9:47pm On Aug 18, 2022
WriterNig:

The U.S Navy Seals training is a cakewalk compared to Russian special forces SPETSNATZ training.

I used to attend Special Forces Games & Exhibition in Grozny, Chechnya back in the day. U.S Navy Seals, Airborne Troopers, Delta Force, Rangers and Special Forces from all over the world took part in it.

Every damn time the Russians came up top of every task set before them. Forget the hype about U.S Marines & Navy Seals, Russia's special forces are the real deal.

You'll never know this unless you've been to Russia. They don't showcase it in their movies.

The real details about the strength of the Russian Army is guarded as a state secret. The Americans know this which is why they thread carefully so as not to upset the Great Brown Bear Russia.

They have a whole university dedicated to special forces training alone.
see absolute nonsense. stop capping trash nonsense. putin arselicker

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 2:29am On Aug 19, 2022
WriterNig:

The U.S Navy Seals training is a cakewalk compared to Russian special forces SPETSNATZ training.

I used to attend Special Forces Games & Exhibition in Grozny, Chechnya back in the day. U.S Navy Seals, Airborne Troopers, Delta Force, Rangers and Special Forces from all over the world took part in it.

Every damn time the Russians came up top of every task set before them. Forget the hype about U.S Marines & Navy Seals, Russia's special forces are the real deal.

You'll never know this unless you've been to Russia. They don't showcase it in their movies.

The real details about the strength of the Russian Army is guarded as a state secret. The Americans know this which is why they thread carefully so as not to upset the Great Brown Bear Russia.

They have a whole university dedicated to special forces training alone.

I'm sure Shaqfu will be very on pleased with this. grin wink

People grossly underestimate what Spetsnaz or KGB agents are capable of.
CIA dey learn work for those people ground experience. CIA just have bigger budget to play as world police. Even tiny Israel's Mossad are the real deal.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by nooboody: 2:33am On Aug 19, 2022
NEVER HAVE I EVER wanted to slap a main character so much
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 3:16am On Aug 19, 2022
The Sandman ......8/10

The show was top notch and a breath of fresh air, giving one something different when everything looks the same and formulaic in Hollywood these days. The Direction was top notch for the first 6 episodes. The dialogue was top class. The acting was great, all the cast members delivered their all. The cinematography and visuals was beautiful. Sound mixing was good as well.

Thumbs up has to be given to the casting director, especially for the Johanna Constantine, Lucifer, Dream, John Dee and Corinthian roles. Even Desire looks like a portrayal to watch out for.

I was initially doubtful of Gwendoline Christie being able to deliver a convincing performance for Lucifer but after remembering her portrayal in Game of Thrones I was less bothered and confident of her acting chops. After I finally watched the TV show and very familiar with the Lucifer character (as he's my fave DC character overall), I can say she delivered beautifully and embodied Lucy's demeanor to the tee.

Tom Sturridge as Dream/Morpheus was a role I'll say the dude was born for. Damn, epic performance and perfect voice acting as well. The demeanor, the movements, the reaction and the look. PREMIUM!!!

Johanna Constantine? My oh my, she played an altered John Constantine story arc really well. Performing John without me feeling they were pandering. She must be applauded. She brought elegance, beauty and dynamism to the show. Never knew I'd love her character this much. There's this aura she brings to the show and she was a scene stealer.

Boyd Holbrook was menacing and a great performer as the Corinthian. David Thewlis as John Dee was rock solid. Portrayed a misunderstood conflicted character really well. The dialogue between him and that black lady in the car was peak. Fvvk! The conversation about life I'm general was very relatable.
The writers na Odogwu. This is clearly a blueprint on how to heavily involve the original creator I'm your adaptation. It's clearly written Gaiman over it. Big ups to everyone involved in the show. They gave me something dynamic this year.

While the show felt like a football game of two different halves, it was a solid take on the Sandman universe and was a brilliant show. The first five or six episodes could be rated 9/10, while the later ones kinda dipped to a 7 and the shaky third act, it wasn't enough to spoil the entire story.

The only downturn I see for the show was the bar the first five episodes set in the first instance. It primed up expectations to the roof and the later LGBT content proved to 'force' a reaction from people's bias. This is what I feel is responsible for tge majority of low ratings and not something really cogent. While they showed some LGBT scenes, heterosexual scenes was included as well and didn't really feel forced.

Overall the weighted average is still above average and great.
I can barely see the "Wokeness" some people are crying about especially coming from a comic reader who understands the universe and the original characters. Asides the from changes to Lucifer which I still consider acceptable being that he is 'sexless'. Lucienne being changed female and black wasn't really much issue. Death as well being black didn't water down the experience as Howell Baptiste gave a convincing performance.

Picture below attached for people using Lucifer as an excuse. The original character look looks more like a female than even a male. Also the character design was modelled after David Bowie who is known for his LGBT beliefs/lifestyle. So claiming Wokeness now just cos it's the new fancy word is just lazy. Funny thing is Gwen even looks exactly like early Lucifer design.
Sandman comics /universe has been this way since the 80s.
Comic readers really have almost nothing to complain about this TV show.
Clearly this TV show was made for the fans. It's that obvious. wink

If I'm hyped for season 2? Fvvk yes, I am!!
And I look forward to how they progress the story going forward, the changes, the other stories they adapt as well as incoming new characters, most especially Delirium, Destiny and maybe Amenadiel.
I would love to see Michael Demiurgos too and maybe an Elaine Belloc reference. Wouldn't be bad if The Presence grace our screen

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kamsi04: 7:12am On Aug 19, 2022
Finally...
Someone that gave an honest review. I believe you and black spider are the two that actually read the comic and watched the series. An avid comic reader and one that has read the sandman comic knows the series did justice to the comic.

The rest are just following the bandwagon and shouting woke,woke,woke.

3 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by nani667: 8:43am On Aug 19, 2022
⬇️⬇️⬇️

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by blingxx(m): 9:34am On Aug 19, 2022
nani667:
⬇️⬇️⬇️

What's the name of your browser and the website you download from bruh
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyaskii(m): 10:15am On Aug 19, 2022
abduleez1:
The Sandman ......8/10

The show was top notch and a breath of fresh air, giving one something different when everything looks the same and formulaic in Hollywood these days. The Direction was top notch for the first 6 episodes. The dialogue was top class. The acting was great, all the cast members delivered their all. The cinematography and visuals was beautiful. Sound mixing was good as well.

Thumbs up has to be given to the casting director, especially for the Johanna Constantine, Lucifer, Dream, John Dee and Corinthian roles. Even Desire looks like a portrayal to watch out for.

I was initially doubtful of Gwendoline Christie being able to deliver a convincing performance for Lucifer but after remembering her portrayal in Game of Thrones I was less bothered and confident of her acting chops. After I finally watched the TV show and very familiar with the Lucifer character (as he's my fave DC character overall), I can say she delivered beautifully and embodied Lucy's demeanor to the tee.

Tom Sturridge as Dream/Morpheus was a role I'll say the dude was born for. Damn, epic performance and perfect voice acting as well. The demeanor, the movements, the reaction and the look. PREMIUM!!!

Johanna Constantine? My oh my, she played an altered John Constantine story arc really well. Performing John without me feeling they were pandering. She must be applauded. She brought elegance, beauty and dynamism to the show. Never knew I'd love her character this much. There's this aura she brings to the show and she was a scene stealer.

Boyd Holbrook was menacing and a great performer as the Corinthian. David Thewlis as John Dee was rock solid. Portrayed a misunderstood conflicted character really well. The dialogue between him and that black lady in the car was peak. Fvvk! The conversation about life I'm general was very relatable.
The writers na Odogwu. This is clearly a blueprint on how to heavily involve the original creator I'm your adaptation. It's clearly written Gaiman over it. Big ups to everyone involved in the show. They gave me something dynamic this year.

While the show felt like a football game of two different halves, it was a solid take on the Sandman universe and was a brilliant show. The first five or six episodes could be rated 9/10, while the later ones kinda dipped to a 7 and the shaky third act, it wasn't enough to spoil the entire story.

The only downturn I see for the show was the bar the first five episodes set in the first instance. It primed up expectations to the roof and the later LGBT content proved to 'force' a reaction from people's bias. This is what I feel is responsible for tge majority of low ratings and not something really cogent. While they showed some LGBT scenes, heterosexual scenes was included as well and didn't really feel forced.

Overall the weighted average is still above average and great.
I can barely see the "Wokeness" some people are crying about especially coming from a comic reader who understands the universe and the original characters. Asides the from changes to Lucifer which I still consider acceptable being that he is 'sexless'. Lucienne being changed female and black wasn't really much issue. Death as well being black didn't water down the experience as Howell Baptiste gave a convincing performance.

Picture below attached for people using Lucifer as an excuse. The original character look looks more like a female than even a male. Also the character design was modelled after David Bowie who is known for his LGBT beliefs/lifestyle. So claiming Wokeness now just cos it's the new fancy word is just lazy. Funny thing is Gwen even looks exactly like early Lucifer design.
Sandman comics /universe has been this way since the 80s.
Comic readers really have almost nothing to complain about this TV show.
Clearly this TV show was made for the fans. It's that obvious. wink

If I'm hyped for season 2? Fvvk yes, I am!!
And I look forward to how they progress the story going forward, the changes, the other stories they adapt as well as incoming new characters, most especially Delirium, Destiny and maybe Amenadiel.
I would love to see Michael Demiurgos too and maybe an Elaine Belloc reference. Wouldn't be bad if The Presence grace our screen
Do you know of this? shocked : shocked

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 10:32am On Aug 19, 2022
oyaskii:
No rest for the nerds. I fit no comot at all this weekend at this rate.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by pu7pl3(m): 10:42am On Aug 19, 2022
oyaskii:

Nice 1
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by ShaqFu: 12:51pm On Aug 19, 2022
abduleez1:

I'm sure Shaq fu will be very on pleased with this. grin wink

People grossly underestimate what Spetsnaz or KGB agents are capable of.
CIA dey learn work for those people ground experience. CIA just have bigger budget to play as world police. Even tiny Israel's Mossad are the real deal.
Yeah well truth is I'm very much aware of how the U.S use Hollywood to control the way people think, so, I'm not surprise.

Top Gun: Maverick generated that much money because it's been awhile people watch anything that bore any semblance to jet fighters and the better part, dogfight. I'm very sure many people will believe the F18 can actually defeat the Sukhoi SU35 because of this movie.

It's the same way people believe the U.S military is the number one in the world and the C.I.A is the number one spy agency all because of Hollywood.

Let's even ask ourselves, which war have the U.S military ever won? All they do is cause trouble, send in their military to cause more trouble, runaway with their rifles stuck between their legs and most important, make a Hollywood movie of it and make it look like they won and make heroes of the soldiers who fought the war.

13: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi, Lone Survivor, The Outpost etc are all propaganda movie. Period.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by WHITELIGHTER: 1:21pm On Aug 19, 2022
Surface S01 E06

Damn, as a man fear women.
That's all.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by cao(f): 1:25pm On Aug 19, 2022
Realtalk20:

You better refresh your internet, something that was officially released on Disney+ yesterday.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by cao(f): 2:09pm On Aug 19, 2022
Loot.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Iamyemmie: 2:31pm On Aug 19, 2022
WHITELIGHTER:
Surface S01 E06

Damn, as a man fear women.
That's all.
I just started this show
Shey no be say the guy dey beat the girl sha
Don’t tell me o,it’s a rhetorical question grin grin
I’m enjoying it
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by WHITELIGHTER: 2:32pm On Aug 19, 2022
Iamyemmie:

I just started this show
Shey no be say the guy dey beat the girl sha
Don’t tell me o,it’s a rhetorical question grin grin
I’m enjoying it

Enjoy...expect huge suspense
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Iamyemmie: 2:32pm On Aug 19, 2022
No alchemy of soul this week again ni
Abi season 1 don end?
By this time e suppose don dey 9jarocks now
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 2:34pm On Aug 19, 2022
Kamsi04:
Finally...
Someone that gave an honest review. I believe you and black spider are the two that actually read the comic and watched the series. An avid comic reader and one that has read the sandman comic knows the series did justice to the comic.

The rest are just following the bandwagon and shouting woke,woke,woke.
rest. No one is going to read a comic just to watch a show...
Reading the comic or not, the show dipped after episode 6...I think everyone here agrees on that
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Iamyemmie: 2:42pm On Aug 19, 2022
So after love struck high reality show
I been watching a lot of reality shows now
I keep enjoying them
I think it’s a phase tho
If you like reality show you should check out fboy island ,binged the whole season 1
Watching the season 2 now

That show is a real definition of men will stain your white and show you shege grin
They put fboys and nice guys in a house and 3ladies will choose a partner out of the guys

I watch challenge too
If you know nice ones too recommend
Would download joseline cabaret too

Serious shows don tire me
Wanna relax and chill
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Moura7(m): 2:55pm On Aug 19, 2022
Iamyemmie:
No alchemy of soul this week again ni
Abi season 1 don end?
By this time e suppose don dey 9jarocks now
Abeg o... No make my mind cut. They usually air it on sat and Sundays sha
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Hope2014(m): 3:48pm On Aug 19, 2022
Realtalk20:

Total rubbish 1.2/10

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Hope2014(m): 3:49pm On Aug 19, 2022
Please is the new series Bad Sisters worth it. I saw 100% on Rottentomatoes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 4:05pm On Aug 19, 2022
Hope2014:
Please is the new series Bad Sisters worth it. I saw 100% on Rottentomatoes
Click on the Rotten Tomatoes link and contrast with the audience score. Also take note of the 7.5 IMDb score to help manage your expectations.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Hope2014(m): 5:03pm On Aug 19, 2022
Kaycee7:
Click on the Rotten Tomatoes link and contrast with the audience score. Also take note of the 7.5 IMDb score to help manage your expectations.
Thanks the audience score was 43%

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Moneyboyz: 5:26pm On Aug 19, 2022
She Hulk: 2/10

I can't get paid the first 15 minutes, graphics looks very poor. Crappy storyline.

3 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Hope2014(m): 5:35pm On Aug 19, 2022
Moneyboyz:
She Hulk: 2/10

I can't get paid the first 15 minutes, graphics looks very poor. Crappy storyline.
I gave it 1.2/10. Minus 0.8 for horrible ending of first episode. First episode of series ought to be most interesting and exciting.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 5:53pm On Aug 19, 2022
Hope2014:

Thanks the audience score was 43%
Usually not a good sign.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Theriddler: 6:12pm On Aug 19, 2022
I knew she hulk will be a trainwreck angry
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kamsi04: 6:16pm On Aug 19, 2022
Baddestguyp:
rest. No one is going to read a comic just to watch a show...
Reading the comic or not, the show dipped after episode 6...I think everyone here agrees on that

Na you sabi

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2365) (2366) (2367) (2368) (2369) (2370) (2371) ... (2820) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.