Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,661 members, 7,809,501 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:37 AM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (2404) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3504391 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2401) (2402) (2403) (2404) (2405) (2406) (2407) ... (2814) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by ENGBOS(m): 3:14am On Sep 12, 2022
Calibrator:
Someone finally killed Sibeth and all is well and good with the TV universe...... Very annoying character cheesy
that sibeth’s maid
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Ilamina(f): 3:16am On Sep 12, 2022
Dynasty season 5 episode 21

Uploads online tomorrow

Can't wait to see my cute liam �
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by OneKinGuy(m): 3:40am On Sep 12, 2022

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by MJBOLT: 3:55am On Sep 12, 2022
the 25 Amazon mentioned earlier is a lie,how can it have 25 worldwide and just 1.8 in the US undecided

felixnkubi:
the 25 na worldwide! this is for US only
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by ENGBOS(m): 4:54am On Sep 12, 2022
HOD E4 5/10
From ep 1 to 4 it all about marriage sex and heir,I expect the show to have gone deeper than this.
I Enjoyedwatching TRoP and i rate it higher from what am seeing,am. Not comparing them cause they 2 different shows i just enjoy TRoP more

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by GRIMMJOE(m): 5:04am On Sep 12, 2022
ENGBOS:
HOD E4 5/10
From ep 1 to 4 it all about marriage sex and heir,I expect the show to have gone deeper than this.
I Enjoyedwatching TRoP and i rate it higher from what am seeing,am. Not comparing them cause they 2 different shows i just enjoy TRoP more
You well so, are you expecting to see sex in lord of the rings,if anything HotD is more accurate and realistic in terms of politics, bloodline plays a powerful role, and how can there be bloodline without sex, or you think that Rhaenyra is like that robot Galadriel that doesn't have sexual urges.

Two adults will fight with sword and no single drop of blood on the battle filed, I've said it before and I will say it again lord of the rings is for children.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by felixnkubi: 5:52am On Sep 12, 2022
MJBOLT:
the 25 Amazon mentioned earlier is a lie,how can it have 25 worldwide and just 1.8 in the US undecided

are you asking me? I look Iike I work for niesel or what! y'all believe 1.8 for US but not 25 worldwide! if they say it is so, then I go by it unless you can provide proof
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by felixnkubi: 5:59am On Sep 12, 2022
HOTD ep1-7.5 TROP ep1-6
HOTD ep2-7.0 TROP ep2-7
HOTD ep3-8.5. TROP ep3-7.5
HOTD ep4-5.0 TROP ep4-

I believe rings of power will only get better! na fvck fvck just full today episode of house of the dragons, makes me yearn for that visual beauty rings of power have been feeding us lately, forgotten how dark GOT type of shows can be, am talking visually!

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by GRIMMJOE(m): 6:02am On Sep 12, 2022
felixnkubi:
HOTD ep1-7.5 TROP ep1-6
HOTD ep2-7.0 TROP ep2-7
HOTD ep4-5.0 TROP ep4-

I believe rings of power will only get better! na fvck fvck just full today episode of house of the dragons, makes me yearn for that visual beauty rings of power have been giving us, forgotten how dark GOT type of shows can be, am talking visually!
Go and watch cartoon if you're looking for something color full.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by nkiliuzo(m): 6:13am On Sep 12, 2022
felixnkubi:
HOTD ep1-7.5 TROP ep1-6
HOTD ep2-7.0 TROP ep2-7
HOTD ep4-5.0 TROP ep4-

I believe rings of power will only get better! na fvck fvck just full today episode of house of the dragons, makes me yearn for that visual beauty rings of power have been feeding us lately, forgotten how dark GOT type of shows can be, am talking visually!
the episode sha no sweet me today, but everyone on twitter and Facebook loved it, so bruh it can't be that low, can't lie tho, I look more forward to rings of power now! I just wish galadriel has less screen time abeg, they should focus on the harfoots and that black elf
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by GRIMMJOE(m): 6:31am On Sep 12, 2022
nkiliuzo:
the episode sha no sweet me today, but everyone on twitter and Facebook loved it, so bruh it can't be that low, can't lie tho, I look more forward to rings of power now! I just wish galadriel has less screen time abeg, they should focus on the harfoots and that black elf
Ok waything no sweet, talk say you never fúck before.

See, Nigerians are hypocrite, they will secretly enjoy it in hiding, then come out and criticize it.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by GRIMMJOE(m): 6:33am On Sep 12, 2022
You all be talking like you don't know what you were getting yourselves into.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by nani667: 6:51am On Sep 12, 2022
⬇️

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by DandeNumeruno(m): 7:33am On Sep 12, 2022
House of the motherfvcking Dragon

There is a lot to unpack here. This episode felt particularly good because of the drama. There's a lot of nuance in the characters and how they interacted.

Random thoughts...

* Daemon Targaryen is still the best Targaryen, at least in terms of sheer size of balls and entertainment value.
* I'll admit I'm a little grossed out by the "young" actresses being involved in the sex scenes. Obviously, they are of age in real life, but still.
* Lord Blackwood is no pushover.
* Daemon Targaryen is a master manipulator.
* The sex scenes are steamy without being sleazy.
* This episode has given me a whole new appreciation for alicent. It'll be difficult for me to hate her once the inevitable time skip comes.
* Incest.

Another great episode. That's a nice change of pace. I wish I could watch the entire first season in one sitting. The suspense is killing me!

6 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Classickj(m): 7:42am On Sep 12, 2022
Calibrator:
Someone finally killed Sibeth and all is well and good with the TV universe...... Very annoying character cheesy
Sibeth is not dead yet
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Ilamina(f): 8:32am On Sep 12, 2022
Baddestguyp:
It's been cancelled since tho...
So I guess many do not feel the same as you about the show

Maybe it was been cancelled because they have already done 5 seasons

Series can't last forever. .because it might become boring for some

Too much of everything ain't good. .
But I.dont mind, if it continues. .I like the riches and liam

I guess many people didn't like it and low ratings got it cancelled
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 9:58am On Sep 12, 2022
OhBritannia:
Have you watched it yet?
at all...I have more than 10 shows I've downloaded but haven't watched
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 10:02am On Sep 12, 2022
Ilamina:

Maybe it was been cancelled because they have already done 5 seasons

Series can't last forever. .because it might become boring for some

Too much of everything ain't good. .
But I.dont mind, if it continues. .I like the riches and liam

I guess many people didn't like it and low ratings got it cancelled
No
A proper series is supposed to start and end, not get cancelled...
It got cancelled cos of low viewership, the show didn't impress people
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 10:03am On Sep 12, 2022
ENGBOS:
HOD E4 5/10
these days people don't seem to have patience anymore
A show must kick off everything from episode 1
You guys don't care about build up anymore

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by GRIMMJOE(m): 10:34am On Sep 12, 2022
Baddestguyp:
these days people don't seem to have patience anymore
A show must kick off everything from episode 1
You guys don't care about build up anymore
Worst part is complaining an "adult rated" series have adult scenes. cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 10:48am On Sep 12, 2022
GRIMMJOE:
Worst part is complaining an "adult rated" series have adult scenes. cheesy
I haven't seen much sex scenes in HOTD...
Maybe it's cos I haven't watched Ep4

But it's pretty normal for a Medieval show to have a lot of sex scenes...
People who don't like such can always fast forward

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Honlucas: 11:37am On Sep 12, 2022
Baddestguyp:
Finally decided to start this Arthdal Chronicles that I've been hearing about

It's been on my PC for a while since I collected it from someone...

I have so many series to watch or follow that I'm struggling to keep up...
Some of which are:

House of the dragon
Rings of Power
Better Call Saul S1-S6
Arthdal Chronicles
DOTA S3
YOU S3
Avatar The Last Airbender (rewatch cos I can't remember anything)
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood (rewatch)
Call of the Night (anime)
Overlord (anime)
One Piece
Ergo Proxy

And many more

Also movies like Thor and some other korean movies I downloaded

I'm fed up and can't keep up...I feel overwhelmed and overworked to the point it feels more like a chore go actually watch or follow all these
ok
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 12:04pm On Sep 12, 2022
Honlucas:
ok
you know it's easier to ignore right?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Ilamina(f): 12:51pm On Sep 12, 2022
Baddestguyp:
No
A proper series is supposed to start and end, not get cancelled...
It got cancelled cos of low viewership, the show didn't impress people
all series end, when all the characters are dead
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 1:31pm On Sep 12, 2022
GRIMMJOE:
This isn't true, Squid Game was release at once, yet it's their most successful series yet.

The only problem with binge release is binge watchers, and now you have to constantly put out quality content, which Netflix is currently failing.

Uhm NOPE!!
Squid Game isn't the most successful Netflix original show.
The title belongs to Stranger Things 4.
It dethroned the Korean drama after it was divided in two and released weeks apart. Stranger Things 4 also broke Netflix online engagement EVER.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 1:45pm On Sep 12, 2022
Baddestguyp:
for me I think they should do weekly releases for major shows like Witcher and Stranger Things

Then binge release for smaller shows or shows which fits binge watching

They can also have some mixed...i.e episodes 1-3 at once to get people interested, then release the rest weekly

That's what Netflix plans on doing. That's what Amazon has been doing.
I'm actually surprised Netflix is just realizing that.
Na their hubris wound them.

The problem of binge release model of all episodes is that once people finish that 'great show' you'll have to have another great new show in wait for audiences. That quality is what Netflix lacks at the moment.
That's why weekly release helps to manage that. By the time your flagship top show is finished, another top billed program is awaiting release for audience.

Netflix has the largest library alongside Amazon for numbers of show and movies available. But when it comes to quality, most audiences would pick HBO, Disney+ as well as Apple TV+ over these two.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 1:51pm On Sep 12, 2022
Stonecoldstare1:

Looking at how the audience turned this out,I'm just imagining what "interview with the vampire" and the "Percy Jackson" series will go through once they are released

Percy Jackson is closely being watched by audiences how it will pan out. Knowing Disney's recent decisions, not much hope for it.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by moufan: 2:14pm On Sep 12, 2022
CAPdan21:
Emmy Night tomorrow...what are your predictions
DRAMA
SERIES
Will win: Succession (RU: Squid game)
Preference: Severance
ACTOR
Will win: Lee Jung-Jae (RU: Bob Odenkirk)
Preference: Bob Odenkirk
ACTRESS
Will win: Melanie lynskey (RU: Zendaya)
Preference: Zendaya
S/ACTOR
Will win: John Turturro (RU: Kieran Culkin)
Preference: Matthew McFadden
S/ACTRESS:
Will win: Jung Ho-Yeon (RU: Julia Garner)
Preference: Rhea Seehorn
WRITING:
Will win: Succession (RU: Severance)
Preference: Better Call Saul
DIRECTING:
Will win: Squid game (RU: Severance)
Preference: Severance

rhea seehorn must win, her role in better call saul deserve recognition after previous snubs
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 2:15pm On Sep 12, 2022
MJBOLT:
Amazon talk say na 25 million undecided
Which one we go believe??

This is for US only. And it's the calculation from third party television analysts. You would do best to take Amazon's word for it.

SAMBA TV only takes into accounts of the TVs/devices their data analysis app is connected to (about 27million devices).
So it's basically only gets data from devices it has access to which is NOT total US households particularly. Its limited to Amazon's reach.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 3:14pm On Sep 12, 2022
abduleez1:

Uhm NOPE!!
Squid Game isn't the most successful Netflix original show.
The title belongs to Stranger Things 4.
It dethroned the Korean drama after it was divided in two and released weeks apart. Stranger Things 4 also broke Netflix online engagement EVER.
I'm not sure where you got your statement from

This is an article dated 30th August 2022 from Cnet

SQUID GAME IS STILL NUMBER 1 and by quite some margin

Except you can provide later stats to disprove this

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 3:18pm On Sep 12, 2022
Ilamina:
all series end, when all the characters are dead
series end when the story is concluded...

Except it's a cow that serves no purpose other than to be milked till eternity
e.g Blacklist, Flash, etc
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 3:24pm On Sep 12, 2022
abduleez1:

That's what Netflix plans on doing. That's what Amazon has been doing.
I'm actually surprised Netflix is just realizing that.
Na their hubris wound them.

The problem of binge release model of all episodes is that once people finish that 'great show' you'll have to have another great new show in wait for audiences. That quality is what Netflix lacks at the moment.
That's why weekly release helps to manage that. By the time your flagship top show is finished, another top billed program is awaiting release for audience.

Netflix has the largest library alongside Amazon for numbers of show and movies available. But when it comes to quality, most audiences would pick HBO, Disney+ as well as Apple TV+ over these two.
sometimes binge model work better, sometimes weekly releases works better...
It just depends on the show...and Netflix has to figure out which to release weekly and which to release all

(1) (2) (3) ... (2401) (2402) (2403) (2404) (2405) (2406) (2407) ... (2814) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: Lana1(m), gideonjeta(m), Chibudollar and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.