Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,527 members, 7,819,897 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:53 AM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (2431) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3526548 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2428) (2429) (2430) (2431) (2432) (2433) (2434) ... (2820) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyaskii(m): 8:58am On Sep 29, 2022
abduleez1:

Rolling Stone has a penchant of doing this nonsense omitting GOT.... undecided undecided Ever since that controversial S8.

Those stupid two didn't even finally get the job they so hurriedly ditched GOT for. Na devil and God go judge them sha. angry angry Up till today I doubt those w@nkers has seen a job.
GOT was 32 on the list...me sef shock.

But But....S1 - S6 is still a pop culture shift atomic bomb...every sunday when a new episode airs was literally like a carnival. I was watching CNN one time on a Monday, a co news anchor was begging her partner not to spoil last night episode live on air!. GOT was seriously That show ! . I don't know if this stat is still correct, but i think it is the most pirated tv serial in a long while so that distasteful S8 shouldn't taint it's greatness and should rightly be on any list of Top 10 shows ever.

As for those two, they will surely pay for thier crimes on Yawm ad-Din Insha Allah sad . They have not been on any serious project after that fiasco.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 9:12am On Sep 29, 2022
abduleez1:
Nice .... So we getting a second season. cheesy
Serinda Swan tongue

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 9:21am On Sep 29, 2022
oyaskii:

But But....S1 - S6 is still a pop culture shift atomic bomb...every sunday when a new episode airs was literally like a carnival. I was watching CNN one time on a Monday, a co news anchor was begging her partner not to spoil last night episode live on air!. GOT was seriously That show ! . I don't know of this stat is still correct, but i think it is the most pirated tv serial in a long while so that distasteful S8 shouldn't taint it's greatness and should rightly be on any list of Top 10 shows ever.

As for those two, they will surely pay for thier crimes on Yawm ad-Din Insha Allah sad . They have not been on any serious project after that fiasco.
Season 1 all the way to Season 8 were great. That the last season drifted from our expectations still doesn't stop it from being great. People are just being immature.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 9:22am On Sep 29, 2022
oyaskii:

But But....S1 - S6 is still a pop culture shift atomic bomb...every sunday when a new episode airs was literally like a carnival. I was watching CNN one time on a Monday, a co news anchor was begging her partner not to spoil last night episode live on air!. GOT was seriously That show ! . I don't know of this stat is still correct, but i think it is the most pirated tv serial in a long while so that distasteful S8 shouldn't taint it's greatness and should rightly be on any list of Top 10 shows ever.

we had an argument on twitter last night...
When you add everything GOT has plus even viewership numbers, hype, awards popularity, records, etc GOT is the greatest series

But trust some Nigerians to be mentioning shows like Blacklist, Power, Originals, Arrow grin

I mentioned world-building and someone said 24 and Breaking Bad have as much world-building as GOT...I was shocked

That Rollingstone list vex me...look at the useless shows they packed all over the list
See these shows above GOT...GOT was 31 on the list

Even the credible shows like The Americans should not be above GOT

But one ásslicker here will take everything cos he has no brains of his own

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 9:25am On Sep 29, 2022
BeLookingIDIOT:

Season 1 all the way to Season 8 were great. That the last season drifted from our expectations still doesn't stop it from being great. People are just being immature.
Let's not cap here...

Season 1-5 of GOT was peak TV...
Season 6 has ups and downs...
Season 7 really dropped the ball
Season 8 was utterly terrible

No excuses for season 8 abeg...You dey try cope

3 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by samistry(m): 10:05am On Sep 29, 2022
Ah...yes. The bald Medusa from that terrible inhumans show
Kaycee7:
Serinda Swan tongue
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 10:17am On Sep 29, 2022
oyaskii:

But But....S1 - S6 is still a pop culture shift atomic bomb...every sunday when a new episode airs was literally like a carnival. I was watching CNN one time on a Monday, a co news anchor was begging her partner not to spoil last night episode live on air!. GOT was seriously That show ! . I don't know if this stat is still correct, but i think it is the most pirated tv serial in a long while so that distasteful S8 shouldn't taint it's greatness and should rightly be on any list of Top 10 shows ever.

Truer words have never been said.
The greatness of the first 6 seasons is more than enough to earn GOT top 10 on any list even if it doesn't get to top 5.

It is still the most pirated TV show of all time. And funny enough, with HOTD currently showing, Game of Thrones continues to rank high in most watched shows every week. Probably the second after HOTD presently.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 11:43am On Sep 29, 2022
Has to be a Ghost in the Shell reference.

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Factotum: 12:00pm On Sep 29, 2022
Johnwick64:

Abeg abeg, I dont agree with you. This ish of she seducing her friends dad has most certainly been ironed out between them. First, alicient did not scheme to be queen, she was pimped by her father. Second, nowhere was it shown that she seduced the king or did rhaneyra complained about her seducing her father. Alicient only kept the king's company and the king enjoyed the company in those greiving times, it doesn't mean they have sex 0. Rhaenerya was not upset at alicient for seducing her father, she probably was just upset that why did her friend have to be the one to marry the Queen and we have seen in previous post, they both already cool together even if it was not like in the premiere episode.

Second, if you call alicient a schemer, we can as well call rhaeneyra ambitious. She would give anything to prove that she, a woman can rule westeros. Also, How would rhaenyra want to put bastards on the throne. I dont blame alicient for being upset about that. A bastard vs the kings first born son. No one would take that. We are talking of humans here, rhaeneyra could turn out bad later and kill alicient children so they won't be able to challenge the succession.

We saw alicient rebuke ser criston for calling rhaeneyra a "spoiled cunt". All parts are at fault here, for now am Targareyn green until they do something despicable to the blacks.
My one piece

1. I didn’t use seduce in my post. I used inserted. And Alicient being the queen wasn’t by error. It was carefully orchestrated by her father and she went with it although it could be argued that she was propelled by her father. Why didn’t she disclose her plans to Rhyn if she had a clean mind. She wanted to be a queen and she got an opportunity which she took.

2. The children are not involved in the immediate plot yet. Rhyn’s children can marry Alicient children and the other argument about being a bastard will end.

3. Rhyn doesn’t have to be ambitious, she was born into that family. Being the queen was her birth right as the first born. You can’t fault her for fighting for it.

3 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by CAPdan21(m): 12:10pm On Sep 29, 2022
Baddestguyp:
we had an argument on twitter last night...
When you add everything GOT has plus even viewership numbers, hype, awards popularity, records, etc GOT is the greatest series

But trust some Nigerians to be mentioning shows like Blacklist, Power, Originals, Arrow grin

I mentioned world-building and someone said 24 and Breaking Bad have as much world-building as GOT...I was shocked

That Rollingstone list vex me...look at the useless shows they packed all over the list
See these shows above GOT...GOT was 31 on the list

Even the credible shows like The Americans should not be above GOT

But one ásslicker here will take everything cos he has no brains of his own

Not you shitting on Parks and Recreation of all things, it's position is deserved though I agree GOT should be at least top 10....I think the vitriol over the last season made people forget that it was/is still a juggernaut of a show...

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Johnwick64: 12:33pm On Sep 29, 2022
Factotum:

1. I didn’t use seduce in my post. I used inserted. And Alicient being the queen wasn’t by error. It was carefully orchestrated by her father and she went with it although it could be argued that she was propelled by her father. Why didn’t she disclose her plans to Rhyn if she had a clean mind. She wanted to be a queen and she got an opportunity which she took.

2. The children are not involved in the immediate plot yet. Rhyn’s children can marry Alicient children and the other argument about being a bastard will end.

3. Rhyn doesn’t have to be ambitious, she was born into that family. Being the queen was her birth right as the first born. You can’t fault her for fighting for it.

Good point but for your number 3, Rhaenys "the queen that never was" Targareyn says "Hi". Vicery's has broken tradition for rhaenyra, and that has consequences.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Meksbig(m): 1:43pm On Sep 29, 2022
Abbott elementary

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Disembark: 3:54pm On Sep 29, 2022
Pls between el chapo and narcos
Which is more interesting
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Lana1(m): 4:32pm On Sep 29, 2022
Factotum:

Rhaenyra really fúcked up and didn't play her cards right. Having one bàstard child is a problem talkless of three. No way any of her kids will have a better claim than Aegon II to be king.
I understand Laenor is gay but they could have come to some sort of arrangement to try once to have a child together. That way they'd at least have one leg to stand on.

Anyways, it's Viserys that takes the blame for all of this. He knew Laenor was gay but ignored all the evidence and approved the marriage regardless. He should have just let Daemon marry Rhaenyra. Very useless King.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by blingxx(m): 5:44pm On Sep 29, 2022
Lana1:
Rhaenyra really fúcked up and didn't play her cards right. Having one bàstard child is a problem talkless of three. No way any of her kids will have a better claim than Aegon II to be king.
I understand Laenor is gay but they could have come to some sort of arrangement to try once to have a child together. That way they'd at least have one leg to stand on.

Anyways, it's Viserys that takes the blame for all of this. He knew Laenor was gay but ignored all the evidence and approved the marriage regardless. He should have just let Daemon marry Rhaenyra. Very useless King.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by budaatum: 5:59pm On Sep 29, 2022

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 5:59pm On Sep 29, 2022
This recent House of Dragon episode so fucking boring, characters different in all aspects. Why is this lady from The originals playing Alicent
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyaskii(m): 6:15pm On Sep 29, 2022
Macsjebs:
This recent House of Dragon episode so fucking boring, characters different in all aspects. Why is this lady from The originals playing Alicent
Fishing for attention? Because that episode is arguably the best of the season so far and even naysayers attested to it.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 6:24pm On Sep 29, 2022
Baddestguyp:
Let's not cap here...

Season 1-5 of GOT was peak TV...
Season 6 has ups and downs...
Season 7 really dropped the ball
Season 8 was utterly terrible

No excuses for season 8 abeg...You dey try cope
"Utterly terrible"
Oga say true,how many series being released that reaches that season 8 level
Despite it's flaws,it's still undoubtedly top TV. It not reaching your expectations doesn't make it "utterly terrible" sad
It is not as bad as you guys claim it to be.
Yes it is rushed in some ways because of the number of episodes and story grounds to cover, but it is still good in terms of what it wanted to do and the story they wanted to tell.
It may not be what people liked or wanted, but that doesn’t mean it was bad.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 6:46pm On Sep 29, 2022
BeLookingIDIOT:

"Utterly terrible"
Despite it's flaws,it's still undoubtedly top TV. It not reaching your expectations doesn't make it "utterly terrible" sad
Yes it is rushed in some ways because of the number of episodes and story grounds to cover, but it is still good in terms of what it wanted to do and the story they wanted to tell.
GOT season 8 was terrible...
You can either accept it or cope with it by telling yourself it's good ...

We all wish it could be remade...

It literally qualifies among the worst finale in TV series history... especially the last episode

Millions worldwide signed petitions for it to be redone...
Watching it felt like I was watching a fan skit

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 6:52pm On Sep 29, 2022
BeLookingIDIOT:

"Utterly terrible"
imagine building the white walkers for many years only to end it all in one mediocre battle in 1 night
The Night King sef was made to look like a fraud

Characters like Daenerys, Jaime Lannister were butchered left and right... basically undoing all their development over the previous seasons
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by nani667: 7:07pm On Sep 29, 2022
⬇️⬇️

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Meksbig(m): 7:22pm On Sep 29, 2022
So apparently episode seven of pantheon leaked early. If the beginning scene of your episode "six" is a very big guy half naked in bed with an ipad, then you are watching episode seven not six.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Clint02(m): 7:25pm On Sep 29, 2022
This might have probably been dropped here already.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Classickj(m): 7:40pm On Sep 29, 2022
abduleez1:
Great to see Arden Cho back after Teen wolf
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by MJBOLT: 8:03pm On Sep 29, 2022
Meksbig:
So apparently episode seven of pantheon leaked early. If the beginning scene of your episode "six" is a very big guy half naked in bed with an ipad, then you are watching episode seven not six.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 8:40pm On Sep 29, 2022
Kaycee7:
Serinda Swan tongue

I no even Sabi am sef.
Make person no go too crush on am before you here say na trans. grin grin cheesy
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 8:46pm On Sep 29, 2022
GloriousGbola:

who plays iroh? asking the real questions here

Iroh has already been cast a long time ago.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 8:52pm On Sep 29, 2022
BeLookingIDIOT:

"Utterly terrible"

I also hold this belief.
The God tier hood of GOT early seasons is the main reason ppl have issues with the last two seasons.
I can argue anywhere that seperate season 8 from the previous seasons and treat it as a solo product, and it will easily get an 8/10.
Ppl are just pissed for how Daenarys turned out and prolly cos of John Snow and how Knight King got killed easily.
As for me I wasn't shocked or really annoyed for Dany's quick turn. It was always foreshadowed in previous seasons. Na ppl just wan continue to be blind to it.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 8:55pm On Sep 29, 2022
oyaskii:
Fishing for attention? Because that episode is arguably the best of the season so far and even naysayers attested to it.

Leave niqqa make him dey purchase local kparaga say na wine. grin grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 9:06pm On Sep 29, 2022
abduleez1:

I no even Sabi am sef.
Make person no go too crush on am before you here say na trans. grin grin cheesy
Lol! No fear. Na fine ass milf

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 9:14pm On Sep 29, 2022
abduleez1:

I also hold this belief.
The God tier hood of GOT early seasons is the main reason ppl have issues with the last two seasons.
I can argue anywhere that seperate season 8 from the previous seasons and treat it as a solo product, and it will easily get an 8/10.
Ppl are just pissed for how Daenarys turned out and prolly cos of John Snow and how Knight King got killed easily.
As for me I wasn't shocked or really annoyed for Dany's quick turn. It was always foreshadowed in previous seasons. Na ppl just wan continue to be blind to it.
Of course, the reactions have an element of relativity to them but that doesn't make them any more invalid.
Lots of lacklustre entries into many series would make for great standalone content but that doesn't change the fact that they were a serious drop in quality in their respective franchises.

Yeah, the Dany turn wasn't even one of the bad parts of S8. The anticlimactic ending to the Night King Saga was the first big issue. That final council meeting was the nail in the coffin.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2428) (2429) (2430) (2431) (2432) (2433) (2434) ... (2820) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.