Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,431 members, 7,853,867 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 06:45 AM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (2529) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3575895 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2526) (2527) (2528) (2529) (2530) (2531) (2532) ... (2832) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by pu7pl3(m): 1:42am On Jan 24, 2023
IngeniousLeez:

Since 4:00am in the morning I've been battling with it. 😤😡

It's when it worked in Chrome browser I knew it was probably a system upgrade. After a few minutes chrome stopped working also. Opera works and stops. It's haphazard all through.

And the annoying part is that I'm not even seeing any change or upgrade with the interface or anything.

The emoji's were here before this shit so it doesn't count. angry
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by pu7pl3(m): 1:45am On Jan 24, 2023
Last of us 🔥🔥💯

Pedro just has this presence like he was born to play lead roles.

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by FBS: 1:57am On Jan 24, 2023
Jeen-yuhs - The Kanye Trilogy.

He is truly (even though not perfect) a jeen-yuhs. The kind of belief the guy had/has himself and God (that's the impression I got) is infectious.

His life would probably have been different as an "English teacher" but hey glad he made that album - Jesus Is King

Say what you like about Ye, but the old Kanye is still there.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by IngeniousLeez: 2:23am On Jan 24, 2023
pu7pl3:

And the annoying part is that I'm not even seeing any change or upgrade with the interface or anything.

The emoji's were here before this shit so it doesn't count. angry

Na wetin dey pain me be dis. angry
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by GloriousGbola: 4:17am On Jan 24, 2023
IngeniousLeez:

Since 4:00am in the morning I've been battling with it. 😤😡

It's when it worked in Chrome browser I knew it was probably a system upgrade. After a few minutes chrome stopped working also. Opera works and stops. It's haphazard all through.

I guess Seun is hard at work running or deploying upgrades we have been demanding for years. And er testing them while the site is live. So here we are
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Samuell2019(m): 7:22am On Jan 24, 2023
GRIMMJOE:
Episode 1 was ok, but after that, you can tell it's just side missions with the overall aim of finding a cure.

I'm not even going to watch the series anymore.

Now if you summarize any series or movie like you did above, I don't think there's a movie or series worth watching.

5 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by jikins(m): 7:29am On Jan 24, 2023
GRIMMJOE:
Episode 1 was ok, but after that, you can tell it's just side missions with the overall aim of finding a cure.

I'm not even going to watch the series anymore.

The beauty of the game was the relationship between Ellie and Joel. How 2 strangers formed a beautiful bond. And the overall aim of the part 1 of the game which this s1 is based on was not actually finding a cure but getting Ellie to the place where doctors can try to make a cure.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by WriterNig: 8:32am On Jan 24, 2023
🎥 Transfusion (2023) = 6/10 ✔️

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 9:30am On Jan 24, 2023
pu7pl3:
Last of us 🔥🔥💯

Pedro just has this presence like he was born to play lead roles.
Main character energy. That's how he walked into GOT for just one season and stole the entire spotlight.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kikibanki: 9:31am On Jan 24, 2023
GRIMMJOE:
Seriously you people need to calm down with the way you over hype series and movies, that's how I just wasted 30 hours of my life on 3 season of Succession, I kept waiting for something to happen, but nothing happened, I regret watching it.

Shame to all of you that recommended it.
Nobody held a gun to your head to see it. A clear case of "herd mentality" and "FOMO" because how are you seeing S1 to S3 before deciding the show is not for you. Sometimes, do your research, see trailers and know if the show you are about to see or that is been hyped aligns with your taste.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by pu7pl3(m): 9:38am On Jan 24, 2023
Kaycee7:
Main character energy. That's how he walked into GOT for just one season and stole the entire spotlight.

I swear man you get it, I love that dude...no homo 🤭

3 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by WriterNig: 12:04pm On Jan 24, 2023
🎥 Megan (2022) = 4/10 ❌

Strictly for kids 👶🏻🧒🏻

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by meobizy(f): 1:55pm On Jan 24, 2023
The Last Of Us. This is good. The series as a whole is a middle finger to the other studio which produced the Halo TV show. Thank God I’ve not played the game, however the clips I’ve repeatedly watched online are beat for beat representations of scenes in the show. I never believed a video game could come to life this way and I never doubted HBO could deliver. Episode two was… chef’s kiss. I was never bored, I was hyped to watch the next episode immediately.

My only criticisms (which are still positives).

1. Quit it with reenacting scenes from the game. Three were done in the first episode. Three were done in the second. It seems this will be a recurring theme. Yes, your studio nailed all aspects of the source material. Please, I want more creative liberty. I don’t want studios going the lazy route of feeding us things we already saw in video games. The audience is not that dumb.

That’s all.

I didn’t see much of Bella Ramsey’s acting in the first episode. She was truly Ellie in the second. Game Joel is pretty one-dimensional. Pedro Pascal is crushing it in the role. All the actors chosen are making the characters theirs, despite physical differences from the game counterparts.

How do movies and shows make money despite spending so much? I want to understand the finances of Hollywood.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 2:16pm On Jan 24, 2023
GRIMMJOE:
Seriously you people need to calm down with the way you over hype series and movies, that's how I just wasted 30 hours of my life on 3 season of Succession, I kept waiting for something to happen, but nothing happened, I regret watching it.

Shame to all of you that recommended it.
lmao...
I don't fall for those kinda bait ...

When they say a series is so good just cos critics hype it...
But then nobody can tell you what is special about it...
People just rate it because critics rate it

Same reason why I haven't watched The Wire...
I've not seen a single review telling me what makes it one of the best...

It is just the usual "critically acclaimed"... "Critically rated to be one of the best" bla bla bla
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 2:17pm On Jan 24, 2023
Kikibanki:

Nobody held a gun to your head to see it. A clear case of "herd mentality" and "FOMO" because how are you seeing S1 to S3 before deciding the show is not for you. Sometimes, do your research, see trailers and know if the show you are about to see or that is been hyped aligns with your taste.
Herd mentality...

Afterall critics say it's the best show of 2022
Afterall it won awards...

Yet till date I've never seen a review that actually tells me what makes it stand out
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kikibanki: 3:29pm On Jan 24, 2023
Baddestguyp:
Herd mentality...

Afterall critics say it's the best show of 2022
Afterall it won awards...

Yet till date I've never seen a review that actually tells me what makes it stand out
Make no mistake, it is a fantastic show, and you are probably looking at the wrong reviews because it has all the blueprint of a stellar show; Strong performances, impeccable writing and creative team and perfectly mirroring real life media house power tussle. It is a satirical black comedy gem whilst it sucks you in to take it serious!. It getting great reviews from critics and fans with many accolades to show for it, is clearly not a coincidence, it invariably means it stands out strongly like a 4am morning erection after a long dry spell of celibacy, contrary to your claims.

However, I think only mad man will like and want to see every tv show or movie there is, which is impossible. You clearly do not like it for some reason which is fine and you rate other shows above it which is totally fine too, doesn't negate the fact that it is a masterpiece.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 3:38pm On Jan 24, 2023
Kikibanki:
Make no mistake, it is a fantastic show, and you are probably looking at the wrong reviews because it has all the blueprint of a stellar show; Strong performances, impeccable writing and creative team and perfectly mirroring real life media house power tussle. It is a satirical black comedy gem whilst it sucks you in to take it serious!. It getting great reviews from critics and fans with many accolades to show for it, is clearly not a coincidence, it invariably means it stands out strongly like a 4am morning erection after a long dry spell of celibacy, contrary to your claims.

However, I think only mad man will like and want to see every tv show or movie there is, which is impossible. You clearly do not like it for some reason which is fine and you rate other shows above it which is totally fine too, doesn't negate the fact that it is a masterpiece.
I haven't even seen the show...

I didn't see it because I couldn't find a review that actually stated what makes the show stand out...
All I saw were vague reviews without much substance or reason to watch it...
Similar to The Wire...vague reviews that don't tell me why I should watch it other than it is "critically acclaimed"

I was responding to his review that he watched it solely because it is critically acclaimed
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Crumbian: 4:42pm On Jan 24, 2023
Una even get time dey debate Nollywood. If dem like make dem put the biggest, curviest, bounciest and softiest looking yansh for film I still no dey watch. angry
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Crumbian: 4:46pm On Jan 24, 2023
meobizy:
The Last Of Us. This is good. The series as a whole is a middle finger to the other studio which produced the Halo TV show. Thank God I’ve not played the game, however the clips I’ve repeatedly watched online are beat for beat representations of scenes in the show. I never believed a video game could come to life this way and I never doubted HBO could deliver. Episode two was… chef’s kiss. I was never bored, I was hyped to watch the next episode immediately.

1. Quit it with reenacting scenes from the game. Three were done in the first episode. Three were done in the second. It seems this will be a recurring theme. Yes, your studio nailed all aspects of the source material. Please, I want more creative liberty. I don’t want studios going the lazy route of feeding us things we already saw in video games. The audience is not that dumb.

That’s all.

I didn’t see much of Bella Ramsey’s acting in the first episode. She was truly Ellie in the second. Game Joel is pretty one-dimensional. Pedro Pascal is crushing it in the role. All the actors chosen are making the characters theirs, despite physical differences from the game counterparts.

How do movies and shows make money despite spending so much? I want to understand the finances of Hollywood.

How is this series a middle finger to the studio that produced Halo?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by meobizy(f): 4:48pm On Jan 24, 2023
Crumbian:

How is this series a middle finger to the studio that produced Halo?
Did you watch the Halo series?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Crumbian: 4:53pm On Jan 24, 2023
meobizy:
Did you watch the Halo series?

Yeah, I did. For me, it's just okay. I think Forward unto dawn miniseries is better.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by meobizy(f): 4:55pm On Jan 24, 2023
Crumbian:

Yeah, I did. For me, it's just okay. I think Forward unto dawn miniseries is better.
Did you play the Halo game series?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Crumbian: 5:07pm On Jan 24, 2023
meobizy:
Did you play the Halo game series?

Nope. It was even the Forward unto dawn miniseries that drew my attention to the game.

I've only seen youtube gameplays.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by a4turitoroman: 5:12pm On Jan 24, 2023
The funny thing about the Last of us, Is that those of us who have played the part 1&2 game already know what will happen next in the film
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by a4turitoroman: 5:14pm On Jan 24, 2023
meobizy:
The Last Of Us.

1. Quit it with reenacting scenes from the game. Three were done in the first episode. Three were done in the second. It seems this will be a recurring theme. Yes, your studio nailed all aspects of the source material. Please, I want more creative liberty. I don’t want studios going the lazy route of feeding us things we already saw in video games. The audience is not that dumb

That’s all.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by meobizy(f): 5:23pm On Jan 24, 2023
Crumbian:

Nope. It was even the Forward unto dawn miniseries that drew my attention to the game.

I've only seen youtube gameplays.
Good. Come back with an opinion after completing the video game series.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by meobizy(f): 5:24pm On Jan 24, 2023
a4turitoroman:
The funny thing about the Last of us, Is that those of us who have played the part 1&2 game already know what will happen next in the film
That didn’t stop Game Of Thrones fans who already read the book.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by jikins(m): 5:32pm On Jan 24, 2023
a4turitoroman:

As in all the twist and turns don dey person head. And given the fact that its staying true to the game story line means little or no suspense will characterise the show for us.

But I do enjoy the added content that are outside Joel's perspective. They actually add to the lore in a way the game never could.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kikibanki: 5:39pm On Jan 24, 2023
Baddestguyp:
I haven't even seen the show...
[b]
I didn't see it because I couldn't find a review that actually stated what makes the show stand out...
All I saw were vague reviews without much [/b]substance or reason to watch it...
Similar to The Wire...vague reviews that don't tell me why I should watch it other than it is "critically acclaimed"

I was responding to his review that he watched it solely because it is critically acclaimed
That's why i stated that you are probably looking at the wrong reviews cuz ain't no a proper review of "Succession" is vague.

Pray tell what make you classify the review as "Vague" and what makes a show good in your books?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jan 24, 2023
meobizy:
That didn’t stop Game Of Thrones fans who already read the book.

huh? u hav telivsion? undecided
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Crumbian: 7:20pm On Jan 24, 2023
meobizy:
Good. Come back with an opinion after completing the video game series.

I'll play it when I get an Xbox.

Have you played the game? What do you think about the tv show compared to the game?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jan 24, 2023
RightDecision15:
Vikings Valhalla is more enjoyable than Vikings itself, who else agree with me…
Only if they extend the seasons like they did to vikings, up to s6. Making it more enjoyable..
But, i think Valhalla won't pass three seasons.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2526) (2527) (2528) (2529) (2530) (2531) (2532) ... (2832) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.