Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,356 members, 7,853,576 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 07:28 PM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (2530) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3575451 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2527) (2528) (2529) (2530) (2531) (2532) (2533) ... (2832) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Illusioneffect(m): 7:50pm On Jan 24, 2023
Samuell2019:

Now if you summarize any series or movie like you did above, I don't think there's a movie or series worth watching.
Exactly, very stupid analysis. I'm sure his fav series this year might be Velma since he doesn't understand what a series is.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Illusioneffect(m): 7:51pm On Jan 24, 2023
WriterNig:
šŸŽ„ Megan (2022) = 4/10 āŒ

Strictly for kids šŸ‘¶šŸ»šŸ§’šŸ»

What!??
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by meobizy(f): 7:52pm On Jan 24, 2023
Crumbian:

I'll play it when I get an Xbox.

Have you played the game? What do you think about the tv show compared to the game?
I played part one and two. Part one on PC and part two on Xbox. The problem is, I havenā€™t watched the show and couldnā€™t catch it on DStv due to lifeā€™s schedule. The clips of the show Iā€™ve seen online do not fit the tone of the latter games I watched on YouTube nor does MC act the same as the character I played in both games. Reviews were harsh from critics and fans alike. The only people who didnā€™t mind were those unfamiliar with the source material. I may give it a go in future. However, if the core fans didnā€™t like it, is there a point to invest in it?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Illusioneffect(m): 7:54pm On Jan 24, 2023
Baddestguyp:
lmao...
I don't fall for those kinda bait ...

When they say a series is so good just cos critics hype it...
But then nobody can tell you what is special about it...
People just rate it because critics rate it

Same reason why I haven't watched The Wire...
I've not seen a single review telling me what makes it one of the best...

It is just the usual "critically acclaimed"... "Critically rated to be one of the best" bla bla bla
Bro you're definitely right, critics and rotten tomatoes made me watch some films I regret downloading. Nowadays I just go for audience scores on rotten tomatoes instead of critics
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Illusioneffect(m): 7:57pm On Jan 24, 2023
a4turitoroman:
The funny thing about the Last of us, Is that those of us who have played the part 1&2 game already know what will happen next in the film
I'm glad I haven't played the game tho so it will be fresh in our minds
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 9:13pm On Jan 24, 2023
Kikibanki:
That's why i stated that you are probably looking at the wrong reviews cuz ain't no a proper review of "Succession" is vague.

Pray tell what make you classify the review as "Vague" and what makes a show good in your books?

You don ask question wey no fit get answer. Na vague reply you sef go receive like this. Cos dude is hell bent on a specific mindset and one dimensional. Anything wey no fit that preconceived metric na waste. šŸ™ƒšŸ˜‚

Highest wey him go come up with na, "I love a show that knows where it's going", "Planned from beginning to the end". šŸ˜šŸ„± grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 9:21pm On Jan 24, 2023
The Last of Us ep 2.....

I just dey see the game reenactment in this. Neil Druckmann and Craig Mazin finish work abeg.
They still found a way to include spores in it despite the initial uproar from fans.

See adaptation na.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 9:25pm On Jan 24, 2023
It keeps winning....

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 9:27pm On Jan 24, 2023
The show's opening scenes are always chillers.... They just force you to lose all fvvking hope and accept your horrible fate. šŸ˜¢šŸ˜ŸšŸ˜¦

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 9:39pm On Jan 24, 2023
Kikibanki:
That's why i stated that you are probably looking at the wrong reviews cuz ain't no a proper review of "Succession" is vague.

Pray tell what make you classify the review as "Vague" and what makes a show good in your books?
I've already stated what I classify as vague...

In addition, check the image below...
Those reviews don't tell me anything...

All they do is praise it with vague expressions

If a show stands out for it's world building, I want to know
If a show stands out for it's plot complexity, I want to know
If a show stands out for it's political writing, I want to know
If it's a show that stands out for how deep it's themes are (depending on the themes), I want to know
If a show has rich political drama, I want to know
If a show stands out for how well the plot or stories of various characters interconnect from the beginning to the end, I want to know

On the other hand, when you give vague expressions like the image below, it tells me nothing to show why it's highly rated

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Crumbian: 9:50pm On Jan 24, 2023
meobizy:
I played part one and two. Part one on PC and part two on Xbox. The problem is, I havenā€™t watched the show and couldnā€™t catch it on DStv due to lifeā€™s schedule. The clips of the show Iā€™ve seen online do not fit the tone of the latter games I watched on YouTube nor does MC act the same as the character I played in both games. Reviews were harsh from critics and fans alike. The only people who didnā€™t mind were those unfamiliar with the source material. I may give it a go in future. However, if the core fans didnā€™t like it, is there a point to invest in it?

Well, the showrunner have been replaced. So, that'll hopefully lead to a better season 2 that's more faithful to the source.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 9:56pm On Jan 24, 2023
@ kikibanki

For contrast, these are the my top 5 best written shows I've ever seen in no particular order
But with some elements that stand out the most in these shows:

Game of Thrones - worldbuilding and world history, supernatural lore, political drama, very little plot armor for characters (at least in the early seasons), top tier character writing (until last few seasons)

Attack on Titan - plot complexity, circular storytelling, best plot twists I've ever seen, political drama, themes (a lot of them), character writing for many characters, world building and world history, non-chronological storytelling

Breaking Bad - one of the best character development in fiction, top tier storytelling, slow plot progression with the biggest payoffs, themes

Mr Robot - unique episode directing, storytelling, themes, realistic hacking with real codes, pyschological drama

Legends of the Galactic Heroes (still watching) - one of the best world building in fiction, detailed world history of thousands of years old, the best political drama I've seen, storytelling across space and the universe, war and battle strategies

If I were to write a review on any of these shows, I would succinctly state how these elements are some of the best in fiction and how these elements in the show stand out among similar element in other shows....
E.g I would state why and how legends of the galactic heroes has the best world history I've seen in fiction
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kikibanki: 9:57pm On Jan 24, 2023
Baddestguyp:

If it's a show that stands out for how deep it's themes are (depending on the themes), I want to know
If a show stands out for how well the plot or stories of various characters interconnect from the beginning to the end, I want to know

On the other hand, when you give vague expressions like the image below, it tells me nothing to show why it's highly rated
My man...i am trying to take the shovel from you, but you are hell bent on digging a hole and burying yourself in a befuddled rubble.

Because i clearly stated some of the reasons "Succession" is good which included good writing and plot etc which you also stated in this your reply of what you would expect from a review. So either you don't know the meaning of vague or the truth is too bitter a pill for you to swallow.

Now, we weren't even talking about the "The Wire" which is still a great show by the way, in your screenshot, i know you sieved through the IMDB ratings to find the comments that suits your narrative, but still yet, from the screenshot, i can still see the two comments praising the "writing", which on the silly list you made up there, so it's not as "vague" as you were trying to prove with the SS.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by neztar: 9:58pm On Jan 24, 2023
Those Targaryeans are idiots and deserve to rot in eternal damnation for gross barbarism. It started Viserys wifing and fĆŗcking his sister till she kicked the bucket. Next it was Aegon II fĆŗcking his sister and giving birth to two daughters. The most despicable of all is Daemon and Rhaenyra making out on the open field
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 9:59pm On Jan 24, 2023
Kikibanki:
My man...i am trying to take the shovel from you, but you are hell bent on digging a hole and burying yourself in a befuddled rubble.

Because i clearly stated some of the reasons "Succession" is good which included good writing and plot etc which you also stated in this your reply of what you would expect from a review. So either you don't know the meaning of vague or the truth is too bitter a pill for you to swallow.

Now, we weren't even talking about the "The Wire" which is still a great show by the way, in your screenshot, i know you sieved through the IMDB ratings to find the comments that suits your narrative, but still yet, from the screenshot, i can still see the two comments praising the "writing", which on the silly list you made up there, so it's not as "vague" as you were trying to prove with the SS.
again, you are the one saying it ...

All the reviews I saw used vague terms like the image I uploaded...so I didn't watch

And even if I were to respond
Simply stating "Good writing and plot" is similarly vague as any good show could be said to offer "good writing and plot"

In a proper review you would have to go further to explain...

*Note: that the list I made above of those shows weren't reviews...as I stated, if I wanted to write a review on them, I would focus on those points and tell you how exactly those points stand out from other shows

In contrast, the reason I watched Breaking Bad was because I heard it has "one of the best character development in fiction"

Now that is a reason to watch such a show...even after I got bored from the first 2 seasons, I returned to see the full character development and experience it
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kikibanki: 10:04pm On Jan 24, 2023
Baddestguyp:
@ kikibanki

For contrast, these are the my top 5 best written shows I've ever seen in no particular order
But with some elements that stand out the most in these shows:

Game of Thrones - worldbuilding and world history, supernatural lore, political drama, very little plot armor for characters (at least in the early seasons), top tier character writing (until last few seasons)

Attack on Titan - plot complexity, circular storytelling, best plot twists I've ever seen, political drama, themes (a lot of them), character writing for many characters, world building and world history, non-chronological storytelling

Breaking Bad - one of the best character development in fiction, top tier storytelling, slow plot progression with the biggest payoffs, themes

Mr Robot - unique episode directing, storytelling, themes, realistic hacking with real codes, pyschological drama

Legends of the Galactic Heroes (still watching) - one of the best world building in fiction, detailed world history of thousands of years old, the best political drama I've seen, storytelling across space and the universe, war and battle strategies

If I were to write a review on any of these shows, I would succinctly state how these elements are some of the best in fiction and how these elements in the show stand out among similar element in other shows....
E.g I would state why and how legends of the galactic heroes has the best world history I've seen in fiction
lool I am not a regular on here, but i scrolled some pages back and low and behold, you bashing Breaking Bad so vehemently some days ago and alas it's in your "best written shows" ever...tell me how am i to take this your list seriously?

For clarity...there are tons of articles and reviews that stated all these points on "Succession" and why the show excelled in these areas. If you would stop looking for reviews from 13 year old pre puberty kids on IMDB comment section and look in the direction of reputable review site, you might be in business.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 10:05pm On Jan 24, 2023
Kikibanki:

and I did not sieve through anything...
These are the first reviews on IMDB...The top ones

I don't have to be selective, maybe there are good The Wire reviews but I haven't seen any even in the articles I read before

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 10:07pm On Jan 24, 2023
Kikibanki:
lool I am not a regular on here, but i scrolled some pages back and low and behold, you bashing Breaking Bad so vehemently some days ago and alas it's in your "best written shows" ever...tell me how am i to take this your list seriously?

For clarity...there are tons of articles and reviews that stated all these points on "Succession" and why the show excelled in these areas. If you would stop looking for reviews from 13 year old pre puberty kids on IMDB comment section and look in the direction of reputable review site, you might be in business.
what are you saying?
Breaking Bad has always been in my best written shows since I completed it early last year...

All I said about it was that it was slow paced, and I got bored and dropped it in season 2 some years back, but I decided to continue last year...

I even advised someone to do the same...give it time
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kikibanki: 10:09pm On Jan 24, 2023
Baddestguyp:
again, you are the one saying it ...

All the reviews I saw used vague terms like the image I uploaded...so I didn't watch

And even if I were to respond
Simply stating "Good writing and plot" is similarly vague as any good show could be said to offer "good writing and plot"

In a proper review you would have to go further to explain...

*Note: that the list I made above of those shows weren't reviews...as I stated, if I wanted to write a review on them, I would focus on those points and tell you how exactly those points stand out from other shows

In contrast, the reason I watched Breaking Bad was because I heard it has "one of the best character development in fiction"

Now that is a reason to watch such a show...even after I got bored from the first 2 seasons, I returned to see the full character development and experience it
Why are you looking for a detailed review on the IMDB users comment??

I don't easily get confused but alas i am in a warped maze about where you are going with this or what point you are actually trying to prove.

Maybe one of these days, give us a "detailed and un-vagued" review of some of your best shows so we can all learn what a "good" review looks like, Jedi.

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by atinga1: 10:10pm On Jan 24, 2023
The last of us featured Anna Torv. It's been a while since I watched any series she was part of. I liked her act on Fringe.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 10:10pm On Jan 24, 2023
Kikibanki:

for Succession, after I saw the hype back then, I read about 3 articles on it...
I couldn't tell what made it special or why I should watch it...so I didn't bother

Maybe someday if I see a compelling review I might decide to watch it
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by neztar: 10:11pm On Jan 24, 2023
Baddestguyp:

are you a fan of imdb reviews?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 10:11pm On Jan 24, 2023
Kikibanki:
Why are you looking for a detailed review on the IMDB users comment??

I don't easily get confused but alas i am in a warped maze about where you are going with this or what point you are actually trying to prove.

Maybe one of these days, give us a "detailed and un-vagued" review of some of your best shows so we can all learn what a "good" review looks like, Jedi.
there actually are detailed IMDB reviews...
But when I'm looking for reviews, I mostly read articles about the show and not IMDb...

I didn't have time to search so I just took screenshot of the first IMDb reviews I saw
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kikibanki: 10:12pm On Jan 24, 2023
Baddestguyp:
and I did not sieve through anything...
These are the first reviews on IMDB...The top ones

I don't have to be selective, maybe there are good The Wire reviews but I haven't seen any even in the articles I read before
Told you before....you are looking at the wrong articles, and going to the IMDB comment section for "detailed review" clearly proves this.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by atinga1: 10:13pm On Jan 24, 2023
Crumbian:
Una even get time dey debate Nollywood. If dem like make dem put the biggest, curviest, bounciest and softiest looking yansh for film I still no dey watch. angry
Enemy of progress šŸ˜‚
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 10:13pm On Jan 24, 2023
neztar:
are you a fan of imdb reviews?
I mostly read articles about shows instead of IMDB...

And for The Wire, I did read a quite a few articles from Google searches some months back to know why it was regarded as one of the best shows of all time...
The articles I read back then weren't encouraging at all

None could tell me why The Wire stood out
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kikibanki: 10:14pm On Jan 24, 2023
Baddestguyp:
for Succession, after I saw the hype back then, I read about 3 articles on it...
I couldn't tell what made it special or why I should watch it...so I didn't bother

Maybe someday if I see a compelling review I might decide to watch it
You might not see it then, because there are already tons of compelling reviews about it, probably not up to your so refined taste.

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by neztar: 10:15pm On Jan 24, 2023
Baddestguyp:
I mostly read articles about shows instead of IMDB...

And for The Wire, I did read a quite a few articles from Google searches some months back to know why it was regarded as one of the best shows of all time...
The articles I read back then weren't encouraging at all

None could tell me why The Wire stood out
read thevulturedotcom. They have great articles
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Crumbian: 10:15pm On Jan 24, 2023
atinga1:
Enemy of progress Ć­Ā Ā½Ć­ĀøĀ‚

Long throat of yansh. cheesy
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 10:15pm On Jan 24, 2023
Kikibanki:
Told you before....you are looking at the wrong articles, and going to the IMDB comment section for "detailed review" clearly proves this.
I don't have a particular site for reviews...

I Google and read the articles I find

Also when I see lists like some rolling stone lists sometimes, they tell me nothing tangible about the show
That is why I don't take most critics seriously

Till date I prefer user reviews to critic reviews
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by seankafor(m): 10:16pm On Jan 24, 2023
abduleez1:
The Last of Us ep 2.....

I just dey see the game reenactment in this. Neil Druckmann and Craig Mazin finish work abeg.
They still found a way to include spores in it despite the initial uproar from fans.

See adaptation na.
was the spores too gory? Why the uproar from fans?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 10:18pm On Jan 24, 2023
Kikibanki:
You might not see it then, because there are already tons of compelling reviews about it, probably not up to your so refined taste.
if you say so...

When I want to watch a top rated show... especially something rated as top tier...
I like to know what makes it stand out...

An article that does not tell me that is worthless to me...
Why I mentioned articles and reviews using vague terms

(1) (2) (3) ... (2527) (2528) (2529) (2530) (2531) (2532) (2533) ... (2832) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: ositadima1(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.