Stats: 3,156,769 members, 7,831,476 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:20 PM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (2527) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3542672 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2524) (2525) (2526) (2527) (2528) (2529) (2530) ... (2825) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by CrystalTiger(m): 12:58pm On Jan 22, 2023
Xtorm7995:
Modaf*ckers be dropping left and right. That Sh!t is amazing.

You must be Bunny πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by FergieRaww(m): 1:07pm On Jan 22, 2023
oyaskii:
Shanty Town 2022

Nudity.
I saw the faux outrage about the nudity in the flick and i was expecting some hardcore material like we use to have in those low budget Ghanian movies from yester years and it was nothing like that.
How were they going to tell a story about a "town" filled with pimps, thugs, and prostitutes without some form of nudity?
Smh...Nigeria is a deeply religious non-religious state filled with "Sunday Christians" and "Friday Muslims", we might rank among the most perverse nations in the world but our faux morality meter is off the charts. organized religion might be the major thing holding us back and keeping us firmly in the trenches.
Morality police were over Nancy Isime's case on how show of flesh and she cowered and quickly put out a disclaimer that it was infact a double and not her in that scene, smh...as a professional, how are you allowing charlatans question your art? and she put this out inside 24hours of the show premiering and doing mad numbers, if i was the producer, i will find a contractual clause and sue her because her disclaimer might reduce the stock of the show.

It was totally unprofessional of her to put out that disclaimer.. i saw it first on her Instagram page and was a bit hesitant to then follow up the show (but i did anyway πŸ˜‚)

The show is still riding high despite that anyway, we for naija we don't care mostly about what she said, as long as there was booby and ny.ash we'll still see for ourselves and be the judge of if it's her or not

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 1:37pm On Jan 22, 2023
FergieRaww:

It was totally unprofessional of her to put out that disclaimer.. i saw it first on her Instagram page and was a bit hesitant to then follow up the show (but i did anyway πŸ˜‚)

The show is still riding high despite that anyway, we for naija we don't care mostly about what she said, as long as there was booby and ny.ash we'll still see for ourselves and be the judge of if it's her or not

Na the Koko be that. We go still watch and judge ourselves who get the yansh and brezz or not.
But that nonsense disclaimer pain me sha. πŸ₯΄

How many episodes be the show? Make I plan my schedule.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 1:42pm On Jan 22, 2023
oyaskii:
Shanty Town 2022

Not quite... but We are getting there!

I decided to continue my love/hate relationship with nollywood this year, seeing this and i wasn't disappointed that much for the first time in a long while!

Dialogue
The dialogue was mainly in pidgin english with a little intertwine of Yoruba, Ibo and Ibio-bio and it was so so good. The pidgin English was so raw, punchy, poignant and drove the narrative of the entire story so well that a native speaker will appreciate it more and the subtitles by netflix won't do it justice ...so stellar.

Cast.
The casting was A1 OMG. I never seen a mix of cast this good in a nollywood flick for so long. From the OG's RMD, Sôla Sobowalè, Ini Edo to the youngins Nancy Isime, Lilian Afegbai, Zubby Michael to the amateur Peter Okoye and Mercy Eke all gave impressive performance that i couldn't even fault, but special praise goes to Nse Ikpe-Etim, this woman is a dame and her range in nollywood might be unmatched but the overall crown goes to Chidi Mokeme! Mannn..His performance was blindly good, his mannerism alone was so in sync with his titular character.

Nudity.
I saw the faux outrage about the nudity in the flick and i was expecting some hardcore material like we use to have in those low budget Ghanian movies from yester years and it was nothing like that.
How were they going to tell a story about a "town" filled with pimps, thugs, and prostitutes without some form of nudity?
Smh...Nigeria is a deeply religious non-religious state filled with "Sunday Christians" and "Friday Muslims", we might rank among the most perverse nations in the world but our faux morality meter is off the charts. organized religion might be the major thing holding us back and keeping us firmly in the trenches.
Morality police were over Nancy Isime's case on how show of flesh and she cowered and quickly put out a disclaimer that it was infact a double and not her in that scene, smh...as a professional, how are you allowing charlatans question your art? and she put this out inside 24hours of the show premiering and doing mad numbers, if i was the producer, i will find a contractual clause and sue her because her disclaimer might reduce the stock of the show.

Writing

This is still my biggest problem nollywood. The writing for this was good in the first 3 episodes and then it just lost gas and went pear shaped. The usual problem of chasing so many side plots without any plan of landing any, was still on show with the writing here. The end was so ambiguous to say the least with the last scene leaving an unnecessary confusion that was clearly not needed.

Overall..A better watch than the rest nollywood flicks on Netflix's clime before it. A strong cast performance and excellent dialogue that ensured that the message and narrative the flick tried to tell wasn't lost in translation.

I think the end sets up for a sequel...
The woman walking at the end is the new governor

It's to show the harsh reality that they only ended up replacing one villain with another

The cycle continues...if one thorn was taken out,
Another thorn has appeared in its place

And I also don't think ********** is gone for good
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by pu7pl3(m): 1:43pm On Jan 22, 2023
FergieRaww:

I don't see what the problem is here, almost every actress in Hollywood uses doubles for stunts and nude scenes and it still doesn't take anything away from the eye candy.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by FergieRaww(m): 1:43pm On Jan 22, 2023
abduleez1:

Na the Koko be that. We go still watch and judge ourselves who get the yansh and brezz or not.

6 episodes of less than 40+ mins each

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 1:44pm On Jan 22, 2023
Oyaskii has said everything I wanted to say...

The action and shootouts scene at the finale was also good, it also didn't feel out of place as most Nollywood movies usually do...
The existence of jazz was also set up early so nothing felt out of place

I'll just add my score... 8/10

I think Nollywood really tried this time

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 1:45pm On Jan 22, 2023
abduleez1:

just 6 episodes
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by pu7pl3(m): 1:45pm On Jan 22, 2023
Baddestguyp:
The

Why are you always the first to post spoilers?
I saw this series the day it dropped and my mouth has been 🀐 about it, even the person you quoted made sure everything was as vague as possible.
You have to be sensitive about these things man

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 1:46pm On Jan 22, 2023
Mayfair Witches ep 1

Looking really interesting and has my attention already. Na to download remaining episodes remain. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜Ž

AMC is really going all in on Anne Rice's adaptations.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 1:48pm On Jan 22, 2023
pu7pl3:

I saw this series the day it dropped and my mouth has been 🀐 about it, even the person you quoted made sure everything was as vague as possible.
I will edit grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by FergieRaww(m): 1:49pm On Jan 22, 2023
pu7pl3:

I don't see what the problem is here, almost every actress in Hollywood uses doubles for stunts and nude scenes and it still doesn't take anything away from the eye candy.

Yea for sure but they all don't come out to affirm that fact..

Joey king or Jenna Ortega will shoot a nude scene now and they won't say pim on their Social media accounts πŸ˜… (beautiful Nancy F'ed up sha!)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 1:49pm On Jan 22, 2023
pu7pl3:

I've edited...
The fact yours is still showing means, you are the one showing spoilers
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 1:50pm On Jan 22, 2023
FergieRaww:

Joey king or Jenna Ortega will shoot a nude scene now and they won't say pim on their Social media accounts πŸ˜… (beautiful Nancy F'ed up sha!)
the problem isn't that she came out to speak about it...
It's that she came out too soon...

She could have talked about it after some months...not a day after the show released
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 1:50pm On Jan 22, 2023
pu7pl3:

The problem is she use her mouth tell us say na double. We no wan hear that one.
It takes away the experience from us that wishes to live and feel how it must have felt being with the actress in question. 😭😭
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 1:53pm On Jan 22, 2023
pu7pl3:

Na him way... You suppose don Sabi am.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyaskii(m): 1:54pm On Jan 22, 2023
FergieRaww:

Hollywood and other movie industries use double all the time, you won't hear pim about it except there's an absolute need to.

Well that her "nude scene" made it's way to WhatsApp since yesterday and it is driving interest in the show despite her silly disclaimer grin

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by FergieRaww(m): 1:57pm On Jan 22, 2023
abduleez1:

The problem is she use her mouth tell us say na double. We no wan hear that one.
It takes away the experience from us that wishes to live and feel how it must have felt being with the actress in question. 😭😭

Body double or not in the case of that Boobs, but nobody will tell me that yan.sh Chief Fernandez bodyguard smacked isn't Nancy's 😀

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyaskii(m): 1:58pm On Jan 22, 2023
Baddestguyp:
The woman walking at the end is the new governor

It's to show the harsh reality that they only ended up replacing one villain with another

The cycle continues...if one thorn was taken out,
Another thorn has appeared in its place

And I also don't think ********** is gone for good
Yeah i figured it out, that the end was set up to lead to a supposed sequel but it's a perfect one off story, we have gotten the message. This is my problem with these people, they can't just eat the Netflix money once, clean mouth and get it moving to another project and story. From previous sequels in this Nollywood/Netflix era, I am pretty sure any sequel they are thinking of cooking can't top this so they should just give it a rest.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 2:02pm On Jan 22, 2023
FergieRaww:

Body double or not in the case of that Boobs, but nobody will tell me that yan.sh Chief Fernandez bodyguard smacked isn't Nancy's 😀

I think say na only me. I never watch am yet oo, but the pictures wey Grimm post up there, I sure say na her yansh. Nothing wey anybody fit tell me. πŸ‘€πŸ‘πŸ˜‹

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 2:11pm On Jan 22, 2023
oyaskii:
Yeah i figured it out, that the end was set up to lead to a supposed sequel but it's a perfect one off story, we have gotten the message. This is my problem with these people, they can't just eat the Netflix money once, clean mouth and get it moving to another project and story. From previous sequels in this Nollywood/Netflix era, I am pretty sure any sequel they are thinking of cooking can't top this so they should just give it a rest.
true but it is not a Nollywood problem...
Even many Hollywood shows set up unnecessary sequels...

Even Squid Game set up a sequel

That's how the business is...if the show performs, a sequel will be greenlit
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 2:13pm On Jan 22, 2023
FergieRaww:

I think both Nancy and RMD were body doubles

Nancy was sweating profusely, the double wasn't sweating...
And the way the cut was done...I'm sure RMD wasn't the one touching the breΓ st

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 2:15pm On Jan 22, 2023
Nigerians are hypocrites...they always make rubbish claim like nudity isn't in our culture and bla bla blah...
Forming holier than thou...

Yet they're very corrupt clowns...look at all the promiscuity many of them engage in, yet they'll come on twitter to act like saints...

Guys and girls who have done worse criticizing an actress for a nude scene that is even a body double...
Yet these same people have done worse for money...
Even runz girls dey open mouth talk rubbish
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by pu7pl3(m): 2:20pm On Jan 22, 2023
FergieRaww:

abduleez1:

They do sometimes
Have you forgotten that scene where Cercei did the walk of shame in GOT, she came out and said that was a double but niggas no send, as far as they're concerned they saw Lena Headey's boobs.
🌚
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by AnfieldFan: 4:39pm On Jan 22, 2023
oyaskii:
Shanty Town 2022

Not quite... but We are getting there!

I decided to continue my love/hate relationship with nollywood this year, seeing this and i wasn't disappointed that much for the first time in a long while!

Dialogue
The dialogue was mainly in pidgin english with a little intertwine of Yoruba, Ibo and Ibio-bio and it was so so good. The pidgin English was so raw, punchy, poignant and drove the narrative of the entire story so well that a native speaker will appreciate it more and the subtitles by netflix won't do it justice ...so stellar.

Cast.
The casting was A1 OMG. I have never seen a mix of cast this good in a nollywood flick for so long. From the OG's RMD, Sôla Sobowalè, Ini Edo to the youngins Nancy Isime, Lilian Afegbai, Zubby Michael to the amateur Peter Okoye and Mercy Eke all gave impressive performance that i couldn't even fault, but special praise goes to Nse Ikpe-Etim, this woman is a dame and her range in nollywood might be unmatched but the overall crown goes to Chidi Mokeme! Mannn..His performance was blindly good, his mannerism alone was so in sync with his titular character.

Nudity.
[b]I saw the faux outrage about the nudity in the flick and i was expecting some hardcore material like we use to have in those low budget Ghanian movies from yester years and it was nothing like that.
Smh...Nigeria is a deeply religious non-religious state filled with "Sunday Christians" and "Friday Muslims", we might rank among the most perverse nations in the world but our faux morality meter is off the charts. [/b]organized religion might be the major thing holding us back and keeping us firmly in the trenches.
Morality police were over Nancy Isime's case on her show of flesh and she cowered and quickly put out a disclaimer that it was infact a double and not her in that scene, smh...as a professional, how are you allowing charlatans question your art? and she put this out inside 24hours of the show premiering and doing mad numbers, if i was the producer, i will find a contractual clause and sue her because her disclaimer might reduce the stock of the show.

Writing

This is still my biggest problem nollywood. The writing for this was good in the first 3 episodes and then it just lost gas and went pear shaped. The usual problem of chasing so many side plots without any plan of landing any, was still on show with the writing here. The end was so ambiguous to say the least with the last scene leaving an unnecessary confusion that was clearly not needed.

Overall..A better watch than the rest nollywood flicks on Netflix's clime before it. A strong cast performance and excellent dialogue that ensured that the message and narrative the flick tried to tell wasn't lost in translation.

Preach

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 6:09pm On Jan 22, 2023
pu7pl3:

They do sometimes
Have you forgotten that scene where Cercei did the walk of shame in GOT, she came out and said that was a double but niggas no send, as far as they're concerned they saw Lena Headey's boobs.
🌚

Of course we know that they sometimes come out to say it's doubles. Still, it's not as instantaneous as this. The rumor or matter will have festered for long.
For that Lena, I knew it can't be her. For how many seasons them no show us anything, na that time dem wan come show us something. Even the scene camera work no to pure sef. Cos I noticed where the full naked body was shown, her face wasn't in focus. Then they'll cut to closeups. Or maybe I no too remember am well.
But I'm certain that scene didn't sit well with me. E just dey somehow.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 6:11pm On Jan 22, 2023
Baddestguyp:
I think both Nancy and RMD were body doubles

Nancy was sweating profusely, the double wasn't sweating...
And the way the cut was done...I'm sure RMD wasn't the one touching the breΓ st

Guy you dey mad .... Why you dey drop spoilers? πŸ‘ΊπŸ˜‘πŸ˜€
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by pu7pl3(m): 6:22pm On Jan 22, 2023
abduleez1:

Of course we know that they sometimes come out to say it's doubles. Still, it's not as instantaneous as this. The rumor or matter will have festered for long.
For that Lena, I knew it can't be her. For how many seasons them no show us anything, na that time dem wan come show us something. Even the scene camera work no to pure sef. Cos I noticed where the full naked body was shown, her face wasn't in focus. Then they'll cut to closeups. Or maybe I no too remember am well.
But I'm certain that scene didn't sit well with me. E just dey somehow.

Oh well, for me it didn't take anything away from the scene or the series.
And I don't think it should.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by nani667: 6:25pm On Jan 22, 2023
Episode 2 ⬇️

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 6:29pm On Jan 22, 2023
abduleez1:

Guy you dey mad .... Why you dey drop spoilers? πŸ‘ΊπŸ˜‘πŸ˜€
how is brèast touching spoilers
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by johnyace(m): 7:38pm On Jan 22, 2023
Why did Mappa keep writing "The final season" on AOT season 4 opening credits when it clearly isn't?

(1) (2) (3) ... (2524) (2525) (2526) (2527) (2528) (2529) (2530) ... (2825) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: Mikelo93 and 1 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77