Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,051 members, 7,835,551 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:37 AM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (2599) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3548072 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2596) (2597) (2598) (2599) (2600) (2601) (2602) ... (2826) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by ositadima1(m): 10:01am On May 13, 2023
Karleb:

Are Egyptians black? Northern African are not blacks so why make a story about their history with black casts.

I see a lot of black people falling for this woke thing easily because of racism. Just leave their history and culture alone.

There are enough movies that celebrate blacks and our cultures, let's enjoy those without complaining about everything.

Imagine if black panther was acted by a white actor.

It is just a show, people! One that was primarily made for the North American audience. If Egyptian viewers don't like it, they can either make their own version with what they believe to be proper, or simply not watch it at all.

Cleopatra was definitely not black, but nothing stops any ethnicity from playing the role. It is not even a documentary.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Karleb(m): 11:19am On May 13, 2023
ositadima1:

It is just a show, people! One that was primarily made for the North American audience. If Egyptian viewers don't like it, they can either make their own version with what they believe to be proper, or simply not watch it at all.

Cleopatra was definitely not black, but nothing stops any ethnicity from playing the role. It is not even a documentary.

I hope you will say same when they cast a white man as black panther or prince Akeem of Zamunda.

5 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 12:22pm On May 13, 2023
Looks like I will drop this...
Just finished episode 2

The concept and premise is great...but the show's execution has some big problems
It's almost as if the producers were forced to cut out so much...

The world building is badly executed...it's super hard to follow...the series doesn't do a great job in introducing you to the world and how it works...

Instead we are left feeling confused about how the world works, the different factions etc

Whatever message they're trying to pass across, they seem to be failing at doing that...

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Flamemignon1(m): 3:41pm On May 13, 2023
Citadel
The daily beast said it best "This is what a 200mil worth of garbage TV looks like"

The Russos clearly showed how much supervision they needed during Infinity war and Endgame. They are good enough to work in a supervised environment, whether a TV Show or an MCU film. But, when it comes to creating something of their own, they are generic at best
The Gray Man proved that long before this show did actually. They had full control over that movie. Writers, producers, directors.

It was so aggressively bland, lol.
I actually just watched it for Ryan and Chris, it's the same way I watched this for Madden
Madden's Bodyguard on Netflix was a much better show, actually.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 3:49pm On May 13, 2023
Flamemignon1:
Citadel
The daily beast said it best "This is what a 200mil worth of garbage TV looks like"

The Russos clearly showed how much supervision they needed during Infinity war and Endgame. They are good enough to work in a supervised environment, whether a TV Show or an MCU film. But, when it comes to creating something of their own, they are generic at best
The Gray Man proved that long before this show did actually. They had full control over that movie. Writers, producers, directors.

It was so aggressively bland, lol.
I actually just watched it for Ryan and Chris, it's the same way I watched this for Madden
Madden's Bodyguard on Netflix was a much better show, actually.
The Gray Man was extremely mediocre...
I forgot the movie existed until I saw this post

I'm giving Citadel time for now...
But so far it seems just okay...
I'm still puzzled how they want to build a cinematic universe from this show...

So far it doesn't seem plausible...
The show hasn't shown anywhere near enough depth...
It just feels like your average action/special ops thriller

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Flamemignon1(m): 4:04pm On May 13, 2023
Baddestguyp:
The Gray Man was extremely mediocre...
I forgot the movie existed until I saw this post

I'm giving Citadel time for now...
But so far it seems just okay...
I'm still puzzled how they want to build a cinematic universe from this show...

So far it doesn't seem plausible...
The show hasn't shown anywhere near enough depth...
It just feels like your average action/special ops thriller
I feel like Amazon is trying to break the record for highest budgeted shows that's slowly/not giving
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 9:21pm On May 13, 2023
BeLookingIDIOT:

There's nothing to imagine,that has been the norm. History has been whitewashed from time immemorial. Little thing and they're signing petition grin.

The funny thing is the Egyptians signing petitions ain't really about racism or something. It's more or less an innate hate for being tagged "Black" or African.
So celebrating Cleopatra and iconic past Egyptian rulers of her ilk is a form of signalling to the western world that they aren't "Black" or Africans.
Egyptians and the rest of North Africa don't even consider themselves Africans, that's why you see them vehemently assign themselves as Arabs.

Many people seem unaware of the blatant colourism in Egypt. The "whiter" your skin or complexion, the more you're celebrated.

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 8:44am On May 14, 2023
Lmao grin grin

29k reviews on IMDB

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 8:59am On May 14, 2023
I wonder if the Citadel series will delve further into the formation of Citadel Sha ..

Cos they said it was formed by rogue agents who decided to save the world by creating an organization free from the control of any government

And I'm left wondering how they funded it...how they have military grade weaponry and equipment, satellites etc. How they have safe houses in different countries...

How rogue agents are able to fund an organization that is even more powerful than the CIA and have thousands of agents across the world...

Feels pretty unrealistic that governments would not be after them...since their existence is pretty much known...
I don't see how governments would allow such an organization to exist and operate on its own
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 9:16am On May 14, 2023
Netflix needs to pay for this crime
How TF are these ancient Egyptians

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kion: 9:47am On May 14, 2023
Baddestguyp:
effects of wokeness
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by nani667: 10:28am On May 14, 2023
6 / 10

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by ositadima1(m): 11:22am On May 14, 2023
Baddestguyp:

Crime against whom? Why don't you create your own show? You're waiting for Netflix, an American company, to portray your culture in all its accuracy for Americans.

Although most of the cast look more like everyday Nigerians than Egyptians. grin cheesy

5 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 11:28am On May 14, 2023
ositadima1:

Crime against whom? Why don't you create your own show? You're waiting for Netflix, an American company, to portray your culture in all its accuracy for Americans.

Although most of the cast look more like everyday Nigerians than Egyptians. grin cheesy
I heard the Egyptians are making their own documentary as a result...
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 12:01pm On May 14, 2023
Baddestguyp:
You know the Nubians were black and ancient Egypt wasn't racially homogeneous, right?

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 12:08pm On May 14, 2023
Kaycee7:
You know the Nubians were black and ancient Egypt wasn't racially homogeneous, right?
and this Nigerian looking dudes look like ancient Egyptians right?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Davidganna10: 12:19pm On May 14, 2023
Silo season 1 episode 3 is 10/10
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by OhBritannia(m): 12:30pm On May 14, 2023
The diplomat is 7/10 for me.
Now this is not the famous diplomat series you are thinking about, this is another series from Sophia rundles from the peaky blinders.
It was she who made me to watch the series In the first place, because I've fallen in love with her acting right from the moment i saw her in peaky blinders.

Anyways this show is surprisingly interesting for me.
It's not your regular crime drama with guns, fights, and all that.
It's a very cool drama with no action or fights, not even a single gun shot or sex scenes, not even a single nude scene and yet i binged watch all six episodes all at once.

That's what you get when Sophia rundles is in your series.

What really struck Me about the series is how the British government takes care of their own on any city in the world.

Any crime or incident that involves a British citizen In any city in the world, they first report to the British consulate in the city and the British consulate then works with the police to bring a fair judgement to the British citizen and in worst case scenero, they transfer the British prisoner to a UK prison.

My view on what makes a country powerful just went wide.

Guys!!! No offense but NIGERIA is a big for nothing country, Giant of Africa my ass

Look at how even the governments and police of other countries are treating British citizens with soft hands In their countries.

mehn!!!! What can NIGERIA do to get such respect from other nations?

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by tamdun: 1:21pm On May 14, 2023
How come no one is talking about silo,I think sílò ìs The best tv Show at the moment

4 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by smokeydrinky: 1:50pm On May 14, 2023
Guys who can suggest any free IPTV with good content?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Alienist: 2:27pm On May 14, 2023
Sweet Tooth is actually interesting
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Alienist: 2:30pm On May 14, 2023
Alienist:
Tfpdl is not opening on my phone. I don't know why.

Where can I download "The Americans"?? I don't want big files.

Can someone recommend telegram channels for series?
It was oloriburuku Glo. Still looking for where to download The Americans - less than 200mb.

The Americans - seven episodes in and it's not bad
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Alienist: 2:31pm On May 14, 2023
Alienist:
Who has seen The Diplomat here? Is it worth the watch?

Is Yellowstone worth watching? Three episodes in and it's nice. Just wanted to know if it's something I should continue watching.

Can someone recommend top series for me? Not Sci-fi, anime, superhero, zombies or anything tech related.

The Diplomat - 4/10. Just all over the place. Seems forced
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by rikatrina: 4:24pm On May 14, 2023
Sweet tooth season 2
Queen Charlotte: A Bridgeton story
The Great Season 3
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kennedy97: 5:35pm On May 14, 2023
Abeg where I fit download sleepy hollow
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by seankafor(m): 6:08pm On May 14, 2023
smokeydrinky:
Guys who can suggest any free IPTV with good content?
Kodi with ad ons

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 6:10pm On May 14, 2023
Kaycee7:

The ironic thing about this matter is that most discussing the topic barely even know the history and demographics of ancient Egypt.

Nowadays, modern day Egyptians like to pretend the Nubians wasn't a sister tribe to ancient Egyptians.

Applying black or white racial tags on ancient Egyptians simply connotes to knowing jackshit about Egyptology. Especially in an era where race wasn't a demographic differentiation in the world.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 6:11pm On May 14, 2023
tamdun:
How come no one is talking about silo,I think sílò ìs The best tv Show at the moment

Apple TV plus don dey advertise am tire.... I see it's ads almost everyday online and I see a few actors that might interest me watching it. Time no dey that's why, and the Apple TV show I jumped on last month never still take off — Extrapolations.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Meksbig(m): 8:26pm On May 14, 2023
The IT crowd (Finally got around to watching this)
Letterkenny (pleasant surprise. Thanks tiktok)
Am I being unreasonable
Silo
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 9:21pm On May 14, 2023
Who is this damilare here?

Why are you calling me?
You need cane

Imagine mentioning me on a random post on Twitter when you don't even know my username...

I live rent free in your head abi? undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 9:27pm On May 14, 2023
Baddestguyp:
Who is this damilare here?

Why are you calling me?
You need cane

Imagine mentioning me on a random post on Twitter when you don't even know my username...

I live rent free in your head abi? undecided

Dude even called you a nuisance grin

But how did you come across the post? undecided
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 9:32pm On May 14, 2023
Miracood2:

Dude even called you a nuisance grin

But how did you come across the post? undecided
I've been seeing that posters tweets cos he tweets about football and sports betting...but I finally followed him tonight after the Arsenal tweets

Saw his AOT V Breaking Bad tweet and decided to read comments...till I saw one damilare calling me out in the comments

(1) (2) (3) ... (2596) (2597) (2598) (2599) (2600) (2601) (2602) ... (2826) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.