Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,220 members, 7,836,065 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:15 PM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (2598) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3548958 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2595) (2596) (2597) (2598) (2599) (2600) (2601) ... (2827) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by blingxx(m): 6:54am On May 11, 2023
Baddestguyp:
Baki Hanma season 2 part 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDOdIjgevrk

I've forgotten this anime still exist sha... Too much pple on steriods undecided grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by OhBritannia(m): 7:52am On May 11, 2023
Racism can never end in this world, it can only be hidden but it's still going to be there.

There is a new series that just came out, the series is called Queen Cleopatra.
The series is getting wide spread backslash just because Cleopatra was played by a black woman and because most of the casts are black people.
Even a petition have been signed online for the series to be place on a ban. ( Can you Just imagine)

Most heartbroken thing is that Egyptians are blasting the series too. Calling for the series to be canceled and that Cleopatra was a light skin woman and not black

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by WriiterNig: 7:59am On May 11, 2023
OhBritannia:
Racism can never end in this world, it can only be hidden but it's still going to be there.

The series is getting wide spread backslash just because Cleopatra was played by a black woman and because most of the casts are black people.
Even a petition have been signed online for the series to be place on a ban. ( Can you Just imagine)

Most heartbroken thing is that Egyptians are blasting the series too. Calling for the series to be canceled and that Cleopatra was a light skin woman and not black

This isn't racism. This is erasing history.

Imagine I'm telling a story of your grand father and father in a movie and i portray them as white people or Asian.

Would that be racism as well?

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 8:04am On May 11, 2023
OhBritannia:

you came to rant with half-baked information

Why not do proper research to know why people are bashing the series?

Someone above has already answered it for you anyways...
Imagine making a documentary series about Barrack Obama and using a white-person the act it?

They chose to use a black actress for one reason only -Woke message
They don't care if they falsify history as long as their woke agenda is achieved...

The show was rightly bashed

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by OhBritannia(m): 8:07am On May 11, 2023
WriiterNig:

This is isn't racism. This is erasing history.

Imagine I'm telling a story of your grand father and father in a movie and i portray them as white people or Asian.

But the truth is that nobody knows if Cleopatra was black or light skin or white.

Some scholars said she was black , others said she was light skinned.

So truth is that nobody really knows so all these petition doesn't really matter and are all unnecessary.

Does it hurt anyone if queen Cleopatra Is played by a black woman?

For example, Brazil is a mix raced country.
It hurts no one if an ancient queen of Brazil was played by a black or a white woman.

It is called diversity.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by OhBritannia(m): 8:07am On May 11, 2023
Baddestguyp:
you came to rant with half-baked information

Why not do proper research to know why people are bashing the series?

Someone above has already answered it for you anyways...
Imagine making a documentary series about Barrack Obama and using a white-person the act it?

They chose to use a black actress for one reason only -Woke message
They don't care if they falsify history as long as their woke agenda is achieved...

The show was rightly bashed
No!! I did my research very well.
Check my reply to him.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by WriiterNig: 8:17am On May 11, 2023
OhBritannia:
But the truth is that nobody knows if Cleopatra was black or light skin or white.

So truth is that nobody really knows so all these petition doesn't really matter and are all unnecessary.

It hurts no one if an ancient queen of Brazil was played by a black or a white woman.

It is called diversity.

You'll be too easy to indoctrinate. How old are you btw?

Need to be sure I'm not quoting a kid.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 8:17am On May 11, 2023
OhBritannia:

It is called diversity.
Indigenous Brazilians weren't white though. The white mix came in when they were invaded by Europeans. Portraying an ancient Brazilian as white would not only be terribly inaccurate, it would also be very insulting.

It's also well documented that Cleopatra was not black. She was Ptolemaic Greek. Her father was Ptolemy XII and her mother was Cleopatra Tryphaena, both descendants of the Ptolemaic dynasty. Even if she wasn't caucasian, she'd most likely be middle eastern, not black.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by OhBritannia(m): 8:21am On May 11, 2023
WriiterNig:

You'll be too easy to indoctrinate. How old are you btw?

Need to be sure I'm not quoting a kid.
It is you that has been easily indoctrinated to accept everything Hollywood gave to you.
Why not do your research properly to find out things for yourself?

This is a link to what the director of the series said and a brief history of Cleopatra.

source; https://www./variety.com/2023/tv/global/queen-cleopatra-black-netflix-egypt-1235590708/amp/

Read and learn bro.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by OhBritannia(m): 8:22am On May 11, 2023
Kaycee7:
Indigenous Brazilians weren't white though. The white mix came in when they were invaded by Europeans. Portraying an ancient Brazilian as white would not only be terribly inaccurate, it would also be very insulting.

It's also well documented that Cleopatra was not black. She was Ptolemaic Greek. Her father was Ptolemy XII and her mother was Cleopatra Tryphaena, both descendants of the Ptolemaic dynasty. Even if she wasn't caucasian, she'd most likely be middle eastern, not black.
No bro, while you are right, there is something missing in between that you are missing.
Read the link i provided above and see why i feel the uproar was unnecessary.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by olaboyeh(m): 8:47am On May 11, 2023
please where can i download to young sheldon
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by hello66: 9:35am On May 11, 2023
WriterNig:
🎥 The Covenant (2023) = 7.5/10 ✔️ ❤️

pls anylink to download
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 10:17am On May 11, 2023
Men will be men sha grin grin

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 10:18am On May 11, 2023
Bro let her know, "I no be your mate"

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by lovewins: 10:44am On May 11, 2023
OhBritannia:

Like WriiterNig likely notes, this isn't racism, it's pandering. You'll notice Hollywood lately just panders all in an attempt to be "inclusive. They are literally right now making the "black version " of everything made prior. The remake of "The Little Mermaid " just premiered a few days ago with a black cast.

While this may be permissible for fictional characters, it becomes ridiculous to do so for historical figures; Cleopatra is one of them. The same people who claims Cleopatra was black are the same ones who says Jesus was (not like his skin colour matters).

By the way, those who led the charge for the signed petition are mostly Egyptians and not Caucasians like you assumed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 12:13pm On May 11, 2023
WriiterNig:

This isn't racism. This is erasing history.

There's nothing to imagine,that has been the norm. History has been whitewashed from time immemorial. Little thing and they're signing petition grin.

5 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaido: 4:04pm On May 11, 2023
WriterNig:
🎥 The Covenant (2023) = 7.5/10 ✔️ ❤️

I haven't enjoyed a movie like this in a long time. 👍
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Greatdesi(m): 5:38pm On May 11, 2023
hello66:

pls anylink to download
It's on nkir! and netnaij@
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Speakout03: 8:33pm On May 11, 2023
Baddestguyp:
which have you seen?
Hunter x hunter
Jujutsu Kaisen
Vinland Saga
Fullmetal Alchemist brotherhood
One Punch Man
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 8:51pm On May 11, 2023
Speakout03:

Hunter x hunter
Jujutsu Kaisen
Vinland Saga
Fullmetal Alchemist brotherhood
One Punch Man
Attack on Titan
Naruto
Bleach
Hellsing Ultimate
Jujutsu Kaisen
One Punch Man
JoJo's Bizarre Adventures
Code Geass
Magi
Black Lagoon
Fate Stay Night/Fate Zero
Demon Slayer
World Trigger
Mob Psycho 100
Darker than Black

Modified:
Chainsawman
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Blueelf: 9:10pm On May 11, 2023
Charlie Wilson's war - an old movie on Netflix

I'll rate it 8/10
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Jarchi(m): 12:05am On May 12, 2023

° Brodaman, it's funny we are all talking about history that was not documented until many many years after. It's just like the bible, some of the writers are "ambiguous" even the gospel writers some didn't see Jesus or heard him, just stories we were told. Stories will be stories. Nobody tells an event without adding or subtracting.
Fact sometimes might not be the truth, that's Def something I know. °

An excerpt
Yet despite their solid credentials and insight into her origins, the talking heads regularly feel more like fans than historians. Some of their insights resemble fan fiction, particularly when they speculate as to how great a lover Cleopatra must have been. Given the two millennia that have passed, describing her and Caesar’s trysts seem overly salacious, but to their credit, the actors perform it with steamy aplomb.
***Jarchi***

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Karleb(m): 8:35am On May 12, 2023
OhBritannia:

It is called diversity.

Are Egyptians black? Northern African are not blacks so why make a story about their history with black casts.

I see a lot of black people falling for this woke thing easily because of racism. Just leave their history and culture alone.

There are enough movies that celebrate blacks and our cultures, let's enjoy those without complaining about everything.

Imagine if black panther was acted by a white actor.

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 10:54am On May 12, 2023
Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 18.5

Released on MAPPA channel youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUlTTqc4peM
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by nani667: 10:59am On May 12, 2023
Episode 5

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Blueelf: 1:05pm On May 12, 2023
Baddestguyp:
Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 18.5

Released on MAPPA channel youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUlTTqc4peM

eeyah

Their lives were quite eventful while it lasted

Now Ketil's head will stand on a spike
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by OhBritannia(m): 2:02pm On May 12, 2023
Citadel episode 4 is a solid 9/10 for me.

This is by far the best episode so far, even though the time of this episode is kind of short, just 39 minutes. The episode was still a hit back to back.

Secrets upon secrets, mystery upon mystery, can't wait to see how it will end.

Mehn!! This is why i love Netflix, they will just give you all the episodes at once.

Now we have to wait for another week again for a new episode.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by BlackManta(m): 5:24pm On May 12, 2023
OhBritannia:
Citadel episode 4 is a solid 9/10 for me.

This is by far the best episode so far, even though the time of this episode is kind of short, just 39 minutes. The episode was still a hit back to back.

Secrets upon secrets, mystery upon mystery, can't wait to see how it will end.

Mehn!! This is why i love Netflix, they will just give you all the episodes at once.r

Now we have to wait for another week again for a new episode.

My brother in Christ why are you torturing yourself like this

Why don't you wait for all the episodes to drop in an about two months and then binge everything.

That is what I did for Last Of Us, Yellowjackets and most of these new shows.

The only show I cannot use the binge model for is House of the Dragon because it's difficult to avoid spoilers.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by OhBritannia(m): 6:57pm On May 12, 2023
BlackManta:

Why don't you wait for all the episodes to drop in an about two months and then binge everything.

The only show I cannot use the binge model for is House of the Dragon because it's difficult to avoid spoilers.
You are right.
This is what i will do from now on, thank GOD these new series like citadel and silo are still in early episodes.

I will have to just wait till all episodes have been dropped.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Tboy2050: 9:17pm On May 12, 2023
BlackManta:

How interesting is yellow jackets?....I want to download
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by BlackManta(m): 9:55pm On May 12, 2023
Tboy2050:

How interesting is yellow jackets?....I want to download

Yellowjackets is very good.

It's like Lord of the Flies but with mostly female characters.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Tboy2050: 6:42am On May 13, 2023
BlackManta:

Yellowjackets is very good.

It's like Lord of the Flies but with mostly female characters.

okay, I will download today

(1) (2) (3) ... (2595) (2596) (2597) (2598) (2599) (2600) (2601) ... (2827) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: Illusioneffect(m), abduleez1(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.