Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:25 AM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (2764) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3530056 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2761) (2762) (2763) (2764) (2765) (2766) (2767) ... (2820) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 8:13pm On Feb 08
abduleez1:
Production is incoming.... ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž
๐ŸŽถ Do you really wanna
Do you really wanna taste it? ๐ŸŽถ

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Cypherhendrix(m): 8:22pm On Feb 08
abduleez1:
Cook that thing!! ๐Ÿ˜‰
Thank yall for the suggestion
What series is this?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyaskii(m): 8:29pm On Feb 08
abduleez1:

Yeah. Very true. They both look similar.
Seated ๐Ÿ””. Fx hardly misses ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿพ
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 9:26pm On Feb 08
oyaskii:
Seated ๐Ÿ””. Fx hardly misses ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿพ

I dey tell you. One network wey if I see their badge, I trust them once. Them and Starz, those premium networks asides HBO na top tier and mature stuff.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 9:34pm On Feb 08
Cypherhendrix:

Thank yall for the suggestion
What series is this?

Upcoming Historical action series based in Japanese Shogun era.

The name is SHOGUN. It premieres on FEB 27.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by armadeo(m): 12:04am On Feb 09
abduleez1:
Cook that thing!! ๐Ÿ˜‰

I'm even getting more.hyped

This Has been too long
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by SOZINN: 8:22am On Feb 09
If you're still interested, the second part of Invincibles season 2 premieres on the 14th of March 2024.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 9:57am On Feb 09
Damn shรฏt. Koreans seem far ahead in live action storytelling in Asia. This people dey cook abeg and deserves their flowers.

I have been looking down on Korean content for some years back and made me miss out on classics like Jumong, A Man Called God etc (although these were largely me being late to the party and couldn't join cos of their lengthy seasons). I've mainly focused on their dark and mature content and steered clear off the romance genre from Asia, cos I consider them melodramatic and overdrawn.

"Death's Game" still had a healthy dosage of 'romance' but it was refreshing and necessary to the tale and well thought out, planned, acted and brilliant delivery.

This year, we fully going Korean or K-drama as most calls it. Funny how I always thought K-drama meant Korean romance drama all these years until a quick Google search some weeks ago. ๐Ÿ˜‚ That industry is going places and a solid alternative to Hollywood culture. Netflix has envisioned this and invested early on...way faster than other big players whom are still slow to realise how big of an industry this people might become in the years to come.
At least they're seeing the power of globalisation and that's why they're scrambling for investment in Nigeria's Nollywood. One of the rare profound benefits of Western globalisation.

I just pray make God give me the fortitude and time to explore all these Asian "goodness".

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by samistry(m): 2:58pm On Feb 09
abduleez1:
Damn shรฏt. Koreans seem far ahead in live action storytelling in Asia. This people dey cook abeg and deserves their flowers.

I have been looking down on Korean content for some years back and made me miss out on classics like Jumong, A Man Called God etc (although these were largely me being late to the party and couldn't join cos of their lengthy seasons). I've mainly focused on their dark and mature content and steered clear off the romance genre from Asia, cos I consider them melodramatic and overdrawn.

"Death's Game" still had a healthy dosage of 'romance' but it was refreshing and necessary to the tale and well thought out, planned, acted and brilliant delivery.

This year, we fully going Korean or K-drama as most calls it. Funny how I always thought K-drama meant Korean romance drama all these years until a quick Google search some weeks ago. ๐Ÿ˜‚ That industry is going places and a solid alternative to Hollywood culture. Netflix has envisioned this and invested early on...way faster than other big players whom are still slow to realise how big of an industry this people might become in the years to come.
At least they're seeing the power of globalisation and that's why they're scrambling for investment in Nigeria's Nollywood. One of the rare profound benefits of Western globalisation.

I just pray make God give me the fortitude and time to explore all these Asian "goodness".
Dropped it after episode 1. The cgi effect no do am for me. That aspect of korean production still needs work
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 3:45pm On Feb 09
samistry:
Dropped it after episode 1. The cgi effect no do am for me. That aspect of korean production still needs work

I dunno what you're saying...
Their CGI is good enough that it doesn't distract from their movies/shows...

And not everyone is like Hollywood that has $200m in budget for everything.

If they use $200m to produce a movie/show, will you help them recoup their money?

Even Hollywood with their insane budget still dey drop clunky CGI... Thor love and thunder, The Flash etc

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Chibudollar: 5:23pm On Feb 09
Power book III season 3 finale is fuckinnn dope. Go check it out if you are yet to see it.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 5:44pm On Feb 09
samistry:

The episode 1 was also going slow as well for me. I slept off on first attempt over a week ago. But on second watch two days ago, damn, shรฏt is the truth and life. The story is rarely hinged on CGI so it's passable.
I don't think there's any industry who can come close to Hollywood CGI/Visual Effects dexterity.
The only one I feel coming a very distant close second to Hollywood top tier standards is Japan. Still, they can't deliver on that consistently in terms of scale and numbers.

And that opinion is mostly hinged on its great quality looking new film Godzilla: Minus One.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 6:20pm On Feb 09
Chibudollar:
Power book III season 3 finale is fuckinnn dope. Go check it out if you are yet to see it.

Dumped Power after the first book ended.

While the first book was fun to watch, the writing wasn't something to take home...

I didn't see the need to hop into the next books

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by OhBritannia(m): 7:10pm On Feb 09
Baddestguyp:

Dumped Power after the first book ended.

While the first book was fun to watch, the writing wasn't something to take home...

I didn't see the need to hop into the next books
Hmmm i know watching series is based on personal taste but i tell the truth Bro, dumping power was your loss.
The entire power franchise are all hits back to back even to the other BMF (black mafia family) series.

All power franchise rates nothing less than 7/10 in all reviews.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 8:19pm On Feb 09
Death's Game..... 9.9/10

This is a masterpiece of a series.
Encompasses almost all aspects of life.
The main selling point of this show is how relatable and original it feels and many people can relate with more than a few of the characters and their actions. It's surreal. It's honest in the depiction of human choices.

It's a brilliant piece of fantasy mixed with action, adventure, romance, drama, crime, and sprinkles of horror.
A TV show they call a proper genre-bending fare.

It seriously captures the vicious cycle of life and how individual decisions go on to affect other people no matter how little you view that action as. It always have a domino effect on another's life and somehow comes back to you.
Kudos to the writers, the actors and directors. Impressive piece of fiction and thought process. They all murdered their duties. Crazy premise with lots of promise and surprisingly never failed to deliver on them all. Delivered with finesse and careful writing.

Great cinematography, awesome musical score that superbly matches with the feels, spectacular dialogue, great action, incredible acting performances all round.
Easily the best shรฏt I've watched all year.

Dunno, but this series could be a perfect recommendation for people going through extreme depression and people thinking of *suicide. I feel if one really sat down and watch this show with solemn understanding they'd be well aware of the consequences of their suicidal attempts and their deaths if successful.

It's probably the best Korean TV I've ever watched as I'm a sucker for genuine human stories. It hit close to home.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 8:44pm On Feb 09
HBO, you will crumble. Shey it's me you people want to tempt? Eez alryt

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by phr0nesis(m): 9:28pm On Feb 09
abduleez1:
Death's Game..... 9.9/10

This is a masterpiece of a series.
Encompasses almost all aspects of life.
The main selling point of this show is how relatable and original it feels and many people can relate with more than a few of the characters and their actions. It's surreal. It's honest in the depiction of human choices.

It's a brilliant piece of fantasy mixed with action, adventure, romance, drama, crime, and sprinkles of horror.
A TV show they call a proper genre-bending fare.

It seriously captures the vicious cycle of life and how individual decisions go on to affect other people no matter how little you view that action as. It always have a domino effect on another's life and somehow comes back to you.
Kudos to the writers, the actors and directors. Impressive piece of fiction and thought process. They all murdered their duties. Crazy premise with lots of promise and surprisingly never failed to deliver on them all. Delivered with finesse and careful writing.

Great cinematography, awesome musical score that superbly matches with the feels, spectacular dialogue, great action, incredible acting performances all round.
Easily the best shรฏt I've watched all year.

Dunno, but this series could be a perfect recommendation for people going through extreme depression and people thinking of *suicide. I feel if one really sat down and watch this show with solemn understanding they'd be well aware of the consequences of their suicidal attempts and their deaths if successful.

It's probably the best Korean TV I've ever watched as I'm a sucker for genuine human stories. It hit close to home.
This series and Squid Game are only Korean TV shows I was able to watch till the end. Very Beautiful piece
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 10:25pm On Feb 09
Kaycee7:
HBO, you will crumble. Shey it's me you people want to tempt? Eez alryt

Let the Japanese splendor begin!!!

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 11:03pm On Feb 09
We fvvking WON!!!

Finally!!!

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by armadeo(m): 11:41pm On Feb 09
abduleez1:
We fvvking WON!!!

Finally!!!

Saw this earlier today.

I hope its well written and grrm has a say in the production. That story would be worth telling on TV.

Grrm should also do and release the winds of winter. We've waited for over a decade and still nothing but trailers are seen.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Obasempire(m): 1:48am On Feb 10
few weeks to her wedding, she was drugged and she had a good night of pleasure with a total stranger, who broke her virginity, this led to a turn around in her relationship and almost cost her her life as we know it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MXTCsE2GZ8

Into The Intoxicating Realm Of Seductive Romance | Obasempire 18+ Movies
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by geezyk(m): 2:16am On Feb 10
Cypherhendrix:

Trying to download the Tokyo vice from season one i was unable
It's available on Nkiri

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by blingxx(m): 6:11am On Feb 10

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Jarchi(m): 6:49am On Feb 10

ยฐ Brodaman,
-Moving
-Death game
- (maybe add) a shop for killers (not there but a worthy mention
- developing the list sha
Action based sha
Any beta recommendations abeg, late 2023 to date kdrama

Tokyo vice don start, I come dey confuse the storyline with Shantaram. Something is wrong with japan violence, using long sword to fight is something I just don't understand. Even first world war was not fought with sword
ยฐ
***Jarchi***

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Greatdesi(m): 10:25am On Feb 10
blingxx:
This looks lit asf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dz9Ijf_PXlI?si=EIjrvIYRo1GhoLXW
Will they drop all the episodes at once or they'll be dropping them weekly?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Chibudollar: 11:35am On Feb 10
How I feel about some series, I honestly feel sad at times when I am about to finish some series. grin might sound funny but I ain't joking

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 12:50pm On Feb 10
OhBritannia:
Hmmm i know watching series is based on personal taste but i tell the truth Bro, dumping power was your loss.
The entire power franchise are all hits back to back even to the other BMF (black mafia family) series.

All power franchise rates nothing less than 7/10 in all reviews.

No, dumping Power was not my loss.

The first series was enjoyable but not great writing-wise. It was more like a dรปmb-fun or "shut-off-your-brain-and-watch"

There is no indication from what I could tell that the writing improved in the other books...and the whole dรปmb-fun thing cannot keep me invested for very long
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 1:13pm On Feb 10
Chibudollar:
How I feel about some series, I honestly feel sad at times when I am about to finish some series. grin might sound funny but I ain't joking

Three (3) months later I'm still sad about Attack on Titan ending.

I still check AOT content daily, post about AOT, get sad when I think about events in AOT etc...

That is me
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Chibudollar: 1:15pm On Feb 10
Baddestguyp:

I still check AOT content daily, post about AOT, get sad when I think about events in AOT etc...

That is me
for real smiley this is me with some shows
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by iamoyindamola(m): 1:15pm On Feb 10
Werey๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by samistry(m): 2:03pm On Feb 10
Baddestguyp:

That is me
laughs in agame ga kill
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by nani667: 2:28pm On Feb 10
5 / 10

(1) (2) (3) ... (2761) (2762) (2763) (2764) (2765) (2766) (2767) ... (2820) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: Zaha(m) and 1 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58