Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,546 members, 7,827,040 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:31 AM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (2766) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3536416 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2763) (2764) (2765) (2766) (2767) (2768) (2769) ... (2823) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 11:20pm On Feb 11
In other news,

Ninja Kamui episode 1 is out

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Blueelf: 11:58pm On Feb 11
Baddestguyp:

You're further proving my point about your 0 media literacy

I love how you didn't counter any point I raised about the plot of the show or the characters...

But instead chose to attack me and another show...

This is not your first time...
You've never made a single point on this thread...all you do is attack and attack people...

Even when you make statements you can't defend your statements, so you run away instead.

0 media literacy

Lollll see hypocrite wey dey talk

Have you not attacked people here before

Solo levelling is da bomb. If e pain you, go cancel am na

grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 12:31am On Feb 12
Blueelf:

Lollll see hypocrite wey dey talk

Have you not attacked people here before

Solo levelling is da bomb. If e pain you, go cancel am na

grin grin grin

If you're enjoying Solo Leveling for the action and power fantasy story, there's nothing wrong in that...

But I'm not a fan of that...I'll probably just finish the season hoping it improves...

But till now you're unable to even make a single sentence to counter my points about the story and the awful character writing
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Blueelf: 12:33am On Feb 12
Baddestguyp:

If you're enjoying Solo Leveling for the action and power fantasy story, there's nothing wrong in that...

But I'm not a fan of that...I'll probably just finish the season hoping it improves...

But till now you're unable to even make a single sentence to counter my points about the story and the awful character writing

To you, it is awful. To me, it is more than okay.

A weak dude become atrong. He faces opponents of increasing strength. The fact that we nearly died in that 1st quest gives him courage anytime ge faces other cave bosses because none could measure up to those God's he nearly died fighting in his first quest.

It's a story of how challenges of life make you stronger because each one prepares you for the next. Na you dey find another even yeager up and down

3 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 12:43am On Feb 12
Ninja Kamui episode 1 First impressions -

**Spoilers below

The animation and fight sequences are top notch and pretty fast...it's epic and I have no complaints there...
However personally I prefer more tactical battles... something that makes each fight memorable and not just swift sequences...

The story - it's too early to tell...I'm kind of tired of the whole family got killed and he's seeking revenge plotline...but let's see how it develops...
I hope the entire show isn't just revenge but focuses on other aspects of the world...lore etc...we saw some ninja techniques (ninjutsu) in action...
I hope the story can explode them more

The Music - I hated it...awful.
I don't know who the music director is but he did an awful job in this first episode. The music constantly being used never fits the scene...
The music keeps making me lose immersion...
The Japanese are really good when it comes to music...i might be wrong but I don't think they're the ones I charge of Music in this show...

Overall thoughts-
A pretty decent start...but too much action sequences imo...I hope the next episode slows down the action and focuses on more character work...
As much as I enjoyed this episode, I hope other episodes don't move at this pace.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 12:56am On Feb 12
Blueelf:

To you, it is awful. To me, it is more than okay.

A weak dude become atrong. He faces opponents of increasing strength. The fact that we nearly died in that 1st quest gives him courage anytime ge faces other cave bosses because none could measure up to those God's he nearly died fighting in his first quest.

It's a story of how challenges of life make you stronger because each one prepares you for the next. Na you dey find another even yeager up and down

I'm still wondering what brought AOT or Eren into this argument.

And the fact that you keep missing my point is shocking...

We are 6 episodes in and the entire story is just guy survived one dungeon and got a power...and he keeps fighting monsters and powering up while flexing...and girls don dey crush on his six packs

Clear MO of a power fantasy

When I spoke about character work, so far several characters have been mentioned or shown on screen yet not a single character aside the MC has had any focus.

Basically all the characters introduced seem to have no personality.

Compare the first 6 episodes of JJK for instance. In 6 episodes we already knew the personalities of not just Itadori, but also Megumi, Nobara, Gojo, even the principal who appeared in just 2 episodes then had more personality than every Character aside the MC in Solo Leveling...

In SL, even his female friend from episode 1 and 2 suffered trauma and has been forgotten about since episode 2 while only the MC has remained relevant...

It seems like all these Hunters just exist for the MC to surpass...and the other characters just to praise and be wowed by the MC's strength and looks...

Despite all the hype...the show is becoming nothing more than a generic power fantasy...

I was warned anyway even before it aired that it has no substance...but I chose to give the show a chance...but so far it's been disappointing imo

Even a close friend went ahead to read the manhwa...and omo I'm trying hard not to be discouraged by what he said...
Cos he deleted his entire folder and quit the anime after reading ahead in the manhwa
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Queenslander(f): 1:10am On Feb 12
Rap Shit season 1 and 2

8/10

I was a bit hesitate about this show! But my God is it so good! So proud of Issa Rae's creativity.. haven't enjoyed a good girls show for as long as I can remember..

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 1:17am On Feb 12
Baddestguyp:

We are 6 episodes in and the entire story is just guy survived one dungeon and got a power...and he keeps fighting monsters and powering up while flexing...and girls don dey crush on his six packs

When I spoke about character work, so far several characters have been mentioned or shown on screen yet not a single character aside the MC has had any focus.

Compare the first 6 episodes of JJK for instance. In 6 episodes we already knew the personalities of not just Itadori, but also Megumi, Nobara, Gojo, even the principal who appeared in just 2 episodes then had more personality than every Character aside the MC in Solo Leveling...

In SL, even his female friend from episode 1 and 2 suffered trauma and has been forgotten about since episode 2 while only the MC has remained relevant...

It seems like all these Hunters just exist for the MC to surpass...and the other characters just to praise and be wowed by the MC's strength and looks...

Despite all the hype...the show is becoming nothing more than a generic power fantasy...

I was warned anyway even before it aired that it has no substance...but I chose to give the show a chance...but so far it's been disappointing imo

Even a close friend went ahead to read the manhwa...and omo I'm trying hard not to be discouraged by what he said...
Cos he deleted his entire folder and quit the anime after reading ahead in the manhwa

Just to clarify...the issue with Solo Leveling seems to be a very common issue among most popular manhwas...

For some weird reason they all seem to follow the same pattern...Solo Leveling, TBATE, The Gamer etc...

The only tangible one I've read is Tower of God and I didn't finish it so I don't know what it became...

Noblesse also showed some promise but quickly became crap and I got fed up...

But yet I've seen good Korean shows based of manhwas and webtoons yet these manhwas are never the popular ones hyped so no one knows about them. E.g Hellbound and Death's Game were based off manhwas...
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Blueelf: 1:19am On Feb 12
Baddestguyp:

All this theses because a show about giants killing humans ended

Lmao

As i said, it is not compulsory to watch it. You can skip th e anime and leave those that enjoy it alone. Go and rematch your even or something...
Me I will even rematch the episodes again
grin grin

3 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 1:24am On Feb 12
Blueelf:

All this theses because a show about giants killing humans ended

Lmao

As i said, it is not compulsory to watch it. You can skip th e anime and leave those that enjoy it alone. Go and rematch your even or something...
Me I will even rematch the episodes again
grin grin

I have made my point because I have been disappointed so far...

I just checked the MAL page...
The fans themselves aren't even denying it lol...

I guess I'll just kill any iota of expectation I have for the show and finish the season

There are other good shows I'm following this season

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by johnyace(m): 1:39am On Feb 12
asids55:

No please..just American..thanks for the response
have you watched 12 monkeys tv series
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 2:23am On Feb 12
The cooking for this Shogun wan finish me sha...
Seems there's also some level of prime seduction and nudity. 😎😁

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wm1YAbm4yOY?si=qhAUrKZBW4LqhMnS

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyaskii(m): 8:00am On Feb 12
abduleez1:
The cooking for this Shogun wan finish me sha...
Seems there's also some level of prime seduction and nudity. 😎😁

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wm1YAbm4yOY?si=qhAUrKZBW4LqhMnS
I saw the latest trailer, and i genuinely think it has the potential to be the greatest show this year, i just hope the trailer ain't deceiving.

Early reviews are claiming a "GOT level show", and i must say that is a giant leap. We wait and see.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by iamoyindamola(m): 8:34am On Feb 12
A shop for killers
Omo i am just watching cluelessly
I don't understand shiit
I just know they are shooting all the fvcking time
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 8:38am On Feb 12
The average movie/series discussion by Nigerians on Twitter and nairaland -

A: "This movie is trash 2/10"
B: "What are the issues with this movie, I think it was great"
A: "The acting was nonsense, infact the movie was just trash"
B: "Can you explain how it was trash, I thought the character arc of x character was done well, the story kept expanding and revealing layers"
A: "You're saying nonsense, it was just trash and I don't owe you any explanation...I'm free to call any movie I like trash, it's my opinion"
B: "But you should be able to explain or defend your opinion"
A: "Mumu leave me alone, it is trash and that is all"

OR

A: "This movie was great"
B: "I thought it was awful. (Proceeds to write and explain in long paragraphs many issues with the movie)"
A: "Mumu, you're saying nonsense, the movie was good. Everything you're saying doesn't make sense. You are expecting it to be like your favorite movie."
B: "tell me how my points don't make sense. And what brought my favorite movie into this conversation?"
A: "leave me alone, the movie was good, if you don't like it move along. Your favorite movie is trash"

Even though I tend to disagree with some people here and argue with them, I very much prefer those over the ones who make random statements that they cannot defend and resort to insults

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by kendrick9(m): 10:59am On Feb 12
Queenslander:
Rap Shit season 1 and 2

8/10

I was a bit hesitate about this show! But my God is it so good! So proud of Issa Rae's creativity.. haven't enjoyed a good girls show for as long as I can remember..

I had this show on my short list cause I read it's hip hop centric..
But it seems it's a chic show
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 11:22am On Feb 12
oyaskii:
I saw the latest trailer, and i genuinely think it has the potential to be the greatest show this year, i just hope the trailer ain't deceiving.

Early reviews are claiming a "GOT level show", and i must say that is a giant leap. We wait and see.

Every new trailer I see about this show gives me massive potential vibes. Especially the reviews. It's overwhelming positive and all saying GOT level.
I just hope they deliver on what these trailers have been teasing.
Since na FX, I no too dey doubt the cooking.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by geezyk(m): 12:40pm On Feb 12
Baddestguyp:
In other news,

Ninja Kamui episode 1 is out

Where to download, it's not on tfpdl.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by samistry(m): 12:46pm On Feb 12
geezyk:
it's on animepahe
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by geezyk(m): 1:05pm On Feb 12
samistry:
it's on animepahe
I can't download om animepahe, and I don't wanna watch it on the site.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Queenslander(f): 1:26pm On Feb 12
kendrick9:
I had this show on my short list cause I read it's hip hop centric..
But it seems it's a chic show
Yes, but with a whole lot of nude and sex scenes.. trust me you'd enjoy this one.. even lesbians aren't left out!!
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 1:51pm On Feb 12
geezyk:

a n i m e p a h e
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 1:52pm On Feb 12
geezyk:
I can't download om animepahe, and I don't wanna watch it on the site.

It's so easy to download there...
I don't know why you find it hard...

I download almost all my anime from there...1080p
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by iamoyindamola(m): 2:23pm On Feb 12
Queenslander:
Yes, but with a whole lot of nude and sex scenes.. trust me you'd enjoy this one.. even lesbians aren't left out!!
Do you still play video games
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by kendrick9(m): 2:26pm On Feb 12
Queenslander:
Please oh...I'm a good christian😎....
lol...
Jokes apart..
I'm definitely checking it out. Sounds hot!

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Greatdesi(m): 2:29pm On Feb 12
iamoyindamola:
A shop for killers
I don't understand shiit

When you get to episode 6, I believe you will attain enlightenment.
The flashbacks are much so it's enough to give you more understanding.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 3:53pm On Feb 12
iamoyindamola:
A shop for killers
I don't understand shiit

Completed this show yesterday evening...

I don't see what is so hard to understand in the show tho...
I guess you aren't used to the constant time jumps?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by PinkNature: 4:51pm On Feb 12
Baddestguyp:
Ninja Kamui episode 1 First impressions -

**Spoilers below

The animation and fight sequences are too notch and pretty fast...it's epic and I have no complaints there...
However personally I prefer more tactical battles... something that makes each fight memorable and not just swift sequences...

The story - it's too early to tell...I'm kind of tired of the whole family got killed and he's seeking revenge plotline...but let's see how it develops...
I hope the entire show isn't just revenge but focuses on other aspects of the world...lore etc...we saw some ninja techniques (ninjutsu) in action...
I hope the story can explode them more

The Music - I hated it...awful.
I don't know who the music director is but he did an awful job in this first episode. The music constantly being used never fits the scene...
The music keeps making me lose immersion...
The Japanese are really good when it comes to music...i might be wrong but I don't think they're the ones I charge of Music in this show...

Overall thoughts-
A pretty decent start...but too much action sequences imo...I hope the next episode slows down the action and focuses on more character work...
As much as I enjoyed this episode, I hope other episodes don't move at this pace.

Spoilers below.. goes ahead to write a whole bunch.

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Chibudollar: 5:12pm On Feb 12
Done with the Korean series Death's game. 7/10 for me, they kinda lost momentum in the final episodes, but all in all good show.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by WriterNig: 5:26pm On Feb 12
πŸŽ₯ Mr & Mrs Smith S01 (2024) = 6.3/10 βœ”οΈ ❀️

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by WriterNig: 5:28pm On Feb 12
πŸŽ₯ The End We Start From (2023) = 5.7/10 βœ”οΈ

Pointless Movie.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by WriterNig: 5:32pm On Feb 12
πŸŽ₯ Influencer (2022) = 6/10 βœ”οΈ ❀️

(1) (2) (3) ... (2763) (2764) (2765) (2766) (2767) (2768) (2769) ... (2823) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: Calx and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.