Stats: 3,150,918 members, 7,810,529 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:36 AM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (2796) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3506034 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2793) (2794) (2795) (2796) (2797) (2798) (2799) ... (2815) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Meel: 6:34pm On Mar 27
Maxxim:

Toranaga is a master strategist, he knows how to use people and explore people's reservation and respect for em, why is Ochiba hell bent on revenging em, her story with Mariko isn't clear enough.
In a flip side is Ochiba trying to push Toranaga to war to seek revenge against ishido and other clan leaders and keep herself safe? idk but I'm sure the next episode is nothing but full blown war
But I am currently unable to comprehend how the alliance between the regents and Lady ochiba come to be.

The plot of the story was that Toranga was for the heir. He stands in his support, how did the regents now instantly allied with the heir.

Something didn't add up
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Maxxim: 6:43pm On Mar 27
Achilles100:

I believed he was 100% loyal to the Taiko and his son since the first episode, plus his reply to the Taiko on his dying bed about not wanting the Shogun title which the Taiko reply something along the line that Toranaga is a wise man.

However

The revelation of Lady Ochiba that Toranaga was the one whispering into her father's ear in the killing of the Taiko plus Toranaga's confusion as to why Lady Ochiba hates him brings a lot of questions as to where his loyalty lies.

Whether to himself or to the realm.
There was this old lady that asked Toranaga to declare emself as the Shogun in the first or second episode I guess when he was still in edo, same lady was with lady Ochiba during the folk play if anyone else noticed, I still hold to the thought that Ochiba's plan might be to make Toronaga return back to the city to keep them safe and not for revenge
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Maxxim: 6:50pm On Mar 27
Meel:

But I am currently unable to comprehend how the alliance between the regents and Lady ochiba come to be.

The plot of the story was that Toranga was for the heir. He stands in his support, how did the regents now instantly allied with the heir.

Something didn't add up
She aligned with them to seek revenge on Toronaga, Ochiba is the heir's mother
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 8:29pm On Mar 27
Maxxim:

She aligned with them to seek revenge on Toronaga, Ochiba is the heir's mother

To add to this...they also spinned things to claim that Toronaga is the threat to the heir...

That way they can rally support for their cause since Toronaga is deemed the traitor who seeks power
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Achilles100: 10:39pm On Mar 27
Baddestguyp:

Or what if Lady Ochiba is actually secretly his ally...
But rather she's just helping him get justification to go to war...

Lady Ochiba is running in the shadows...
She can easily play both sides and put the blame on Ishido

Ishido is just like Yabushige, people pleaser without real power of their own. Lady Ochiba is just using words to confuse Ishido.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Achilles100: 10:52pm On Mar 27
Meel:

Something didn't add up

The lie was purported between Lady Ochiba and Ishido cos they know saying Toranaga is against the heir will make him public enemy number one.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Achilles100: 10:55pm On Mar 27
NeoWanZaeed:

The lady ochaba had it wrong. Lord ishido was even surprised.

Same was mariko father was accused wrongly ..toranaga was accused wrongly

Hopefully next episode, they will clear up the stories, make we know who is telling the truth or who is lying.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by 100naira(m): 11:50pm On Mar 27
Wednesday

6.5/10

a decent watch.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by 100naira(m): 11:50pm On Mar 27
Abeg is Rookie any good?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Calibrator: 1:05am On Mar 28
Don't confuse yourself...... The Heir mother is the daughter of the second to the last Taiko who was killed by Mariko's father.... The heir mother is just paranoid having experienced first hand how scheming Toranga is during her childhood, she is scared he will scheme his way to power at the expense of her son even though Toranga openly swear allegiance to the heir.
Achilles100:

I believed he was 100% loyal to the Taiko and his son since the first episode, plus his reply to the Taiko on his dying bed about not wanting the Shogun title which the Taiko reply something along the line that Toranaga is a wise man.

However

The revelation of Lady Ochiba that Toranaga was the one whispering into her father's ear in the killing of the Taiko plus Toranaga's confusion as to why Lady Ochiba hates him brings a lot of questions as to where his loyalty lies.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 1:07am On Mar 28
What if the Heir is actually not the true son of the late Taiko

What if Lady Ochiba suspects that Toronaga knows this...so she's trying to get rid of him to silence him...

There's something suspicious about how only Lady Ochiba was able to produce a child for the Taiko

Yes she took all sort of herbs and concoction but I'm sure all the other"candidates" took all manner of things yet failed
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Maxxim: 7:59am On Mar 28
Baddestguyp:

To add to this...they also spinned things to claim that Toronaga is the threat to the heir...

That way they can rally support for their cause since Toronaga is deemed the traitor who seeks power
Yeah I think I agree with you
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by NeoWanZaeed(m): 8:26am On Mar 28
Achilles100:

Hopefully next episode, they will clear up the stories, make we know who is telling the truth or who is lying.

Yeah.. I see all allies turning against toranaga and I see him becoming what he fears.

SHOGUN... Much brutal than his father
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Achilles100: 9:08am On Mar 28
It's been awhile since a show had this thread talking.

Shogun

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 10:04am On Mar 28
Absolutely in love with the way Ochiba no Kata talks. Wouldn't mind a 2-hour episode of her just talking.

Used to think that speech style had to do with age. Might have to read up on it.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by roqrules04(m): 10:04am On Mar 28
Ted Lasso
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Ashawoman82: 10:14am On Mar 28
Kaycee7:
Absolutely in love with the way Ochiba no Kata talks. Wouldn't mind a 2-hour episode of her just talking.

Used to think that speech style had to do with age. Might have to read up on it.
what movie is this..
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 11:18am On Mar 28
Ashawoman82:
what movie is this..
Shogun

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Chibudollar: 11:27am On Mar 28
Steven Yeun is an amazing voice actor can't think of a better voice actor for invincible
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyaskii(m): 11:41am On Mar 28
Kaycee7:

I might also add that, the Japanese language is such a reassuring and affirmative language that any monologue or dialogue in it, seems to carry a much much more deeper meaning than it's literal translation in English.

The language exudes a profound elegance and an uncanny air of positivity that i cannot explain.

It and German, might be the language i would be willing to learn if the opportunity arises.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Fxwarrior: 1:14pm On Mar 28
Baddestguyp:

From names here; are you guys discussing "Shogun". Is it interesting?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Fxwarrior: 1:17pm On Mar 28
oyaskii:
I might also add that, the Japanese language is such a reassuring and affirmative language that any monologue or dialogue in it, seems to carry a much much more deeper meaning than it's literal translation in English.

The language exudes a profound elegance and an uncanny air of positivity that i cannot explain.

It and German, might be the language i would be willing to learn if the opportunity arises.

Opportunity starts with you. You can start learning it now. Start with YouTube and Google app store.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Chibudollar: 1:43pm On Mar 28
If you get it you get it.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 1:53pm On Mar 28
oyaskii:

That last paragraph. There's a joke at the tip of my tongue but we're in Holy Week. Let me let peace reign 😁😁
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Achilles100: 4:40pm On Mar 28
oyaskii:

Excuse me and every other person. Elegance and German isnt a sentence that goes together in my opinion. German that sounds like you chewing hard pebbles?

There was several videos of words in other languages and German, and German somehow makes those same words a do or die affair in pronunciation.

Language that makes sex sounds so unappealing.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/Exca9IA5km4
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Cyril009(m): 5:52pm On Mar 28
Chibudollar:
If you get it you get it.

Invincible 😋

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by zoroby(m): 5:57pm On Mar 28
Achilles100:
It's been awhile since a show had thread talking.

Shogun

The last time we had something like this was Silo

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by tamdun: 6:01pm On Mar 28
Chibudollar:
I think I've lost the enthusiasm to watch movies I have about 120 movies plus series on my phone but no eagerness to watch them. Yet I keep downloading more grin
Same here,keep marking them as favourites and can't even spend an hour on a movie unless the movie is extremely good

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Achilles100: 6:18pm On Mar 28
I have been downloading Tokyo Vice for the last 3 weeks, will use this Easter holiday to catch up on it.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by nani667: 6:37pm On Mar 28
🔥🔥

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by NeoWanZaeed(m): 6:41pm On Mar 28
nani667:
🔥🔥
It hurts as abitrar died. I was expecting him to ally with master chief but he can't forgive him for killing vannak and trying to kill him too

This show is the best out there for sci fi

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by armadeo(m): 7:26pm On Mar 28
Achilles100:

However

According to the books. Toronaga was loyal to the taiko and second only to him. Toronaga was the only Lord the taiko couldn't defeat outrightly.

He was loyal to the man who became taiko but had doubts about the taikos son.

[s]Spoiler alert toronaga descends from the minowara branch and as such is one of the fee who can ever become shogun. Which is his plan anyway. [/s]

(1) (2) (3) ... (2793) (2794) (2795) (2796) (2797) (2798) (2799) ... (2815) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: Feleezy(m), Chibudollar, iwillnevergiveup and 2 guest(s)