Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:42 AM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (2798) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3518370 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2795) (2796) (2797) (2798) (2799) (2800) (2801) ... (2819) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Cyril009(m): 11:40pm On Mar 30
Ballzproblem2:
Wonder if they'll animate this part 👀

💀💀💀

Let me Go and read the comic again
it's just long ASF
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by blingxx(m): 6:23am On Mar 31
Damnn cry cry.. Another youth gone.. How GenV s2 go take be now?

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by joseph1832(m): 7:38am On Mar 31
Solo Leveling Episode 12.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by WriterNig: 9:53am On Mar 31
🎥 Gone Girl (2014) = 7.5/10 ✔️ ❤️

Terrible ending. The only befitting ending would have been a death sentence for her. Imagine the number of men in prison over false abuse charges. 😡 😡

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by WriterNig: 9:55am On Mar 31
🎥 The Marvels (2023) = 1/10 ❌

This is what feminism and "girl power" means these days. Clownery 🤡

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by CORPSEFUCKER: 12:55pm On Mar 31
Was it rape?

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Chibudollar: 2:31pm On Mar 31
CORPSEFUCKER:
Was it rape?
does it look consensual to you?

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Erenjp: 2:34pm On Mar 31
Solo Levelling ....... 5.5/10

If I had to describe this show in a single phrase, it is "power fantasy and nothing else".

The show doesn't hide what it is. It just focuses on a character who goes from being the weakest Hunter to being the strongest Hunter. Nothing else in-between matters.

Character writing is non-existent. You could as well delete all the other characters from the show and almost nothing will change.
Every other character apart from the MC is as basic as they come...
They are just stereotypes with no personality...
Any level of importance they have is only for the MC's benefit...
Thus every other character suffers as a result.

Worldbuilding is also quite disappointing. I'm not a fan of the R P G world elements...but it can be done right for instance F r i e r e n
In this show's case, even the few aspects of the world that could be somewhat interesting is given so little screentime since the entire story must always revolve around the MC.
12 episodes and yet they couldn't even do anything with the political elements introduced within the show...

Story?...there is no story....
monsters of the week
Every episode is the same. MC takes video game type quests and fights in dungeons...survives and gain better abilities....rinse and repeat...

Fights....
This is only somewhat good thing about it...the fight scenes are good...however since they lack any emotional attachment and it's mostly just monsters the MC keeps fighting, there is no impact.
It's just like watching someone kill AI monsters in a video game for hours....
It gets boring really fast...

Just as I compared how it handled it's R P G world to F r i e r e n, I'll also compare how it handles combat to Jujutsu Kaisen.

Jujutsu Kaisen excels because it's story and character writing are conveyed through it's fights. Characters learn through fights, characters grow through fights. The plot moves forward through fights...
That way each fight is actually impactful to the story...

In Solo Levelling it is quite the opposite. It is mostly just fights with random monsters with reward of levelling up.
The few moments of character growth in fighting revolve only around the MC since every other character in the show might as well not be called characters...

Another difference with JJK is that JJK has a well thought out power system.
In Solo Levelling, it's all about the MC levelling up and unlocking random skills to use against the next monsters of the week he fights.

To round up, I didn't expect much story from the show...but I was still disappointed.
The few moments or bits of the world that actually piqued my interest were quickly sidelined in 30 seconds conversations between side characters...all in favour of watching the MC fight the next random monster in the next random dungeon

Truly one of the anime of all time to be quickly forgotten until the next season airs and people watch for fight scenes again

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Crumbian: 3:09pm On Mar 31
Erenjp:

If I had to describe this show in a single phrase, it is "power fantasy and nothing else".

The show doesn't hide what it is. It just focuses on a character who goes from being the weakest Hunter to being the strongest Hunter. Nothing else in-between matters.

Character writing is non-existent. You could as well delete all the other characters from the show and almost nothing will change.

Worldbuilding is also quite disappointing. I'm not a fan of the R P G world elements...but it can be done right for instance F r i e r e n
In this show's case, even the few aspects of the world that could be somewhat interesting is given so little screentime since the entire story must always revolve around the MC.
12 episodes and yet they couldn't even do anything with the political elements introduced within the show...

monsters of the week
Every episode is the same. MC takes video game type quests and fights in dungeons...survives and gain better abilities....rinse and repeat...

Fights....
This is only somewhat good thing about it...the fight scenes are good...however since they lack any emotional attachment and it's mostly just monsters the MC keeps fighting, there is no impact.

Just as I compared how it handled it's R P G world to F r i e r e n, I'll also compare how it handles combat to Jujutsu Kaisen.

Jujutsu Kaisen excels because it's story and character writing are conveyed through it's fights. Characters learn through fights, characters grow through fights. The plot moves forward through fights...

In Solo Levelling it is quite the opposite. It is mostly just fights with random monsters with reward of levelling up.
The few moments of character growth in fighting revolve only around the MC since every other character in the show might as well not be called characters...

In Solo Levelling, it's all about the MC levelling up and unlocking random skills to use against the next monsters of the week he fights.

To round up, I didn't expect much story from the show...but I was still disappointed.
The few moments or bits of the world that actually piqued my interest were quickly sidelined in 30 seconds conversations between side characters...all in favour of watching the MC fight the next random monster in the next random dungeon

Truly one of the anime of all time to be quickly forgotten until the next season airs and people watch for fight scenes again

I agree with you on this. I enjoy the show but there really isn't much to it.

After watching the last episode, I was like "That's it?"

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by NeoWanZaeed(m): 3:26pm On Mar 31
Erenjp:

monsters of the week

Fights....

I don't agree with you on this.

The essence of the movie is how a weak brave man who didn't give up was blessed with powers by the gods to fulfil his wishes and be a man.

Las las.. he'll lose all that's dear to him. System doesn't give anything for free.

It's a good show that and lots of fights is looked up to.

My rating is 8.5/10
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Phant0mStranger: 6:53pm On Mar 31
How true is this 😀

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 7:02pm On Mar 31
Phant0mStranger:
How true is this 😀
Based Ochiba's speech enjoyer. Kaycee approves

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Erenjp: 7:22pm On Mar 31
Phant0mStranger:
How true is this 😀

Japanese has always sounded pleasant.
Those who watch anime can relate...

They have the best voice actors in the world imo...

And the Japanese spoken in anime is less formal than that in their movies...

The one in anime sounds even better than the one in Japanese movies

Look at the voice actors of Madara, Aizen, Toji and Dio, Zeno Zokydk, Netero etc
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Erenjp: 7:26pm On Mar 31
NeoWanZaeed:

I don't agree with you on this.

The essence of the movie is how a weak brave man who didn't give up was blessed with powers by the gods to fulfil his wishes and be a man.

Las las.. he'll lose all that's dear to him. System doesn't give anything for free.

It's a good show that and lots of fights is looked up to.

My rating is 8.5/10

To some of us...we care a lot about character writing, themes and world building...

These are things that even you can tell the show does poorly...

It's way to focused on the MC growing from being weak to being strong that every other aspect of the show suffers...
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by nani667: 7:32pm On Mar 31
Foinal Episode ⬇️

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by GloriousGbola: 7:40pm On Mar 31
nani667:
Foinal Episode ⬇️

Theres an English dub out there. Though it typically can take 3 - 5 days to drop
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Erenjp: 9:12pm On Mar 31
The Shambolic animation of Invincible season 2 keeps killing my immersion and taking me out of it.

If only the producers were smart enough to channel all the money wasted on celebrity voice actors into the animation department instead...

We're in 2024 yet Invincible is still parading 2002 animation
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by NeoWanZaeed(m): 9:37pm On Mar 31
Erenjp:

To some of us...we care a lot about character writing, themes and world building...

These are things that even you can tell the show does poorly...

It's way to focused on the MC growing from being weak to being strong that every other aspect of the show suffers...

Which aspect of the show suffers o..
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Erenjp: 9:54pm On Mar 31
NeoWanZaeed:

Which aspect of the show suffers o..

I don't know why you're asking this honestly when I've stated the issues in my original post and even the post you quoted...

Here it is...incase you forgot

Erenjp:

monsters of the week

Fights....

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Raynald: 10:03pm On Mar 31
joseph1832:
Solo Leveling Episode 12.
Love the anime
Any anime suggestion
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by NeoWanZaeed(m): 10:10pm On Mar 31
Erenjp:

I don't know why you're asking this honestly when I've stated the issues in my original post and even the post you quoted...

Here it is...incase you forgot

The plot is video game.. so what do you expect?

He's still got a fight with S ranked

There's so many plots left untouched. Perhaps it's because it's season 1

The episode reached 200+.. saw it on YouTube. It's like this one is remake
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Ballzproblem2: 2:51am On Apr 01
devilman crybaby, weirdest anime I've ever watched.hopefully I don't have nightmares.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Erenjp: 8:10am On Apr 01
NeoWanZaeed:

The plot is video game.. so what do you expect?

He's still got a fight with S ranked

There's so many plots left untouched. Perhaps it's because it's season 1

The episode reached 200+.. saw it on YouTube. It's like this one is remake

Even if it's plot is mid...I expected more from characters and worldbuilding.

No, it's not a remake...it's an adaptation of a Korean power fantasy manhwa...
It became popular and led the way for many other Korean power fantasy manhwa like The Gamer, etc...

They're basically all the same...zero plot, zero characters, just fights all through
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Erenjp: 8:11am On Apr 01
Ballzproblem2:
devilman crybaby, weirdest anime I've ever watched.hopefully I don't have nightmares.

Very sad anime man...
I almost cried at the end

It's weird af...but also very emotional...

I love the show
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by NeoWanZaeed(m): 8:32am On Apr 01
Erenjp:

Even if it's plot is mid...I expected more from characters and worldbuilding.

No, it's not a remake...it's an adaptation of a Korean power fantasy manhwa...
It became popular and led the way for many other Korean power fantasy manhwa like The Gamer, etc...

They're basically all the same...zero plot, zero characters, just fights all through

The only build up expected is what we saw in episode 1.
Others will basically be about him getting stronger and side fighting with hunters too ..
You need not expect much from the plot
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Ballzproblem2: 9:25am On Apr 01
Erenjp:

Very sad anime man...
I almost cried at the end

It's weird af...but also very emotional...

I love the show
you are correct the part that made me sad was when a demon was using akira mother's face.

and when miki junior brother(in the form of a demon) ate their mother while the father was watching,omo I wan craze
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Erenjp: 2:00pm On Apr 01
3 Body Problem season 1......8.5/10

Auggie is the most unlikeable and annoying character in the show....she pisses me off everytime she's on screen.

An Alien threat is coming to destroy your planet and your like: "who cares, it's in 400 years"
Wtf??

If you don't want to make efforts to help your race, that's fine, but actively discouraging others from doing so all because your work was used to kill humans who sided with the enemy and have been leading the alien race to earth is annoying...

At least other sensible characters are doing what needs to be done...not that Auggie who is nothing more than a Mary Sue and one with so much nonsense childish drama

Anyway, I've been looking for spoilers from the books the series is based on

Edit:
I forgot to add that there is so far a lot of inconsistencies about the actions of the aliens.
If they have the power to hack into every computer device in the world and can listen to every conversation in the world, then they could have taken better steps to make sure humanity does not grow stronger in the next 400 years...

They can hijack planes, kill important people, send the world into chaos etc...
They can shut down servers, corrupt data and do a lot of damage...

However, they're barely doing anything and instead mostly letting humans move freely...

Why didn't they Hijack Saul's plane and send it crashing...or crash another plane into Saul rather than sending Amateur assassins with guns?

For the amount of power they possess, their actions are weak

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Erenjp: 2:03pm On Apr 01
NeoWanZaeed:

The only build up expected is what we saw in episode 1.
Others will basically be about him getting stronger and side fighting with hunters too ..
You need not expect much from the plot

And some of us struggle to enjoy a show that doesn't do much but is just focused on the MC fighting random monsters and growing stronger.

And what next? He gets the hottest girls?

I have a feeling they'll pair him up with that strongest female Hunter Cha Jae In or whatever is her name...

She's only been in a few scenes but it seems like basic power fantasy for the MC to go from being the weakest loser to being and strongest and bagging the best girls
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Illusioneffect(m): 2:03pm On Apr 01
Erenjp:
3 Body Problem season 1......8.5/10

Auggie is the most unlikeable and annoying character in the show....she pisses me off everytime she's on screen.

An Alien threat is coming to destroy your planet and your like: "who cares, it's in 400 years"
Wtf??

If you don't want to make efforts to help your race, that's fine, but actively discouraging others from doing so all because your work was used to kill humans who sided with the enemy and have been leading the alien race to earth is annoying...

At least other sensible characters are doing what needs to be done...not that Auggie who is nothing more than a Mary Sue and one with so much nonsense childish drama

Anyway, I've been looking for spoilers from the books the series is based on
This is actually a very real thought process for people without families and who may never have one. It's just a representation of lonely people who don't want to have families
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by NeoWanZaeed(m): 2:24pm On Apr 01
Erenjp:

And some of us struggle to enjoy a show that doesn't do much but is just focused on the MC fighting random monsters and growing stronger.

And what next? He gets the hottest girls?

I have a feeling they'll pair him up with that strongest female Hunter Cha Jae In or whatever is her name...

She's only been in a few scenes but it seems like basic power fantasy for the MC to go from being the weakest loser to being and strongest and bagging the best girls

I don't think so... his character ain't for girls. If it is, it would have been the healer. His goal is to save his mom.
And if there'll be anything... The S and A rank will surely have conflict and will try to kill him.

I see the guild fighting eachother and him coming on top.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by siegfried99(m): 2:30pm On Apr 01
Achilles100:

Las las, them go kill this one.

100% grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (2795) (2796) (2797) (2798) (2799) (2800) (2801) ... (2819) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.