Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,089 members, 7,842,130 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (2823) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3557470 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2820) (2821) (2822) (2823) (2824) (2825) (2826) ... (2828) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Achilles100: 11:55am On May 13
zoroby:

I feel they cancelled it because they lack the direction to go

Even shows less complicated than it gets canceled for reasons best know to the network they're on.

My take is not wanting to have two shows of same storyline.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 12:12pm On May 13
Achilles100:

I really enjoyed the fights in the first 2 or 3 episodes, as they introduced machines and they became a main stay, omo I disembark o.
lol...

At the end, all it had to offer were the fights and it stopped delivering
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Chibudollar: 12:16pm On May 13
Need y'all to watch this documentary if you haven't. Just 2 episodes.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by DND069: 3:46pm On May 13
Interesting series

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 4:42pm On May 13
Episode 1 ✅✅✅

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by WriterNig: 5:14pm On May 13
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by DieRich5: 5:33pm On May 13
Baddestguyp:
Episode 1 ✅✅✅
name?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by NeoWanZaeed(m): 5:46pm On May 13
Baddestguyp:
Episode 1 ✅✅✅

Peak Animation.

Damn... missing rengoku's flame sword stances
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by NeoWanZaeed(m): 5:46pm On May 13
DieRich5:
name?

Demon Slayer Season 4
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 6:45pm On May 13
Barely 10 minutes in and Yuki Kajiura is already flexing on this soundtrack. Pheeewww!!

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by DieRich5: 8:01pm On May 13
NeoWanZaeed:

Demon Slayer Season 4
fvck me cry now I see the faces

Wahala, na me ask this kind question......... I dy shame for myself
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by OhBritannia(m): 3:25am On May 14
Bongadu:
Mother 9/10

This shit made me porking cry
I went online to read some reviews on this series and i was dumbfounded.
This is one of the few series i have seen in my life that got nothing less than 9/10 ratings from people, almost 90% of people rated the series a 10/10.

Starting from tonight, i have decided to download the series and binge watch it.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyaskii(m): 6:22am On May 14
i started "Dark Matter" (2024) and i immediately fell in love with the main title sequence/opening sequence, totally reminded me of one other one i like, which is " that of Severance", and ironically both shows are Apple Tv originals, seems they have a knack for it.

it might not seem like such a big deal, but for someone like me who moonlights as a motion graphics designer, these kind of thing excites me and when i see a show with a very good one, i never skip the opening, all season long. infact the Emmy has a category for it called "Outstanding Main Title Design", of which unsurprisingly, GOT and Severance have won in the past, 2 of my all time fave, notable mentions are that of "The Leftover" and "Westworld".

To the show itself, it's off to a great start, but i think they have given away their biggest mystery just 2 episodes in or no?, but i am sure it's gonna be good going forward, and they definitely have my attention.

I mean, Apple TV making a show like "Severance" where they dwell on alternate/dual realities? best believe i will be there, with my bowl ready to be served 😌

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyaskii(m): 6:55am On May 14
I always see people on here and generally, keep chugging shows they don't like, hoping they will eventually like it because its rated highly by fans and critics and i just laugh because more often than not, they always end up disappointed.

When it comes to seeing media, and in life generally, you must trust your guts more often, because not every show or movie will resonates with you because we are all wired differently, and everybody rating it high doesn't necessarily mean it's good for "you", read that again, the show isn't bad and probably deserve the high ratings from the people rating it high, but the most important thing is that it's not good for "you" and there would be no point trying to make sense of it. It doesn't mean you have a bad taste or the people rating it high have a bad taste either, and i am very sure if you sieve through all the many good ratings, you will also find a pretty good amount of bad ratings as well.

There is absolutely zero price for liking every show or movie that drops, infact personally for me, it's a red flag if i see someone that virtually likes everything that drops, and i begin to question their taste.

Baddestguyp is ready to wear an armour and shining valour to defend AOT as the greatest show ever made but there are people, even here, that would counter him and burst his ballz that AOT is just another anime on top the thousands that already exists and it's nothing special. These 2 truths co-exists in a unique duality of our nature as individuals to perceive art and media differently.

So next time a show isn't working for you after a few episodes in, just drop it despite any celestial ratings. That's why it's becoming increasingly difficult for me to even recommend shows to people cuz people just like what they like and hate what they hate at the same time despite your opinions.

Shallom!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 9:03am On May 14
oyaskii:
I always see people on here and generally, keep chugging shows they don't like, hoping they will eventually like it because its rated highly by fans and critics and i just laugh because more often than not, they always end up disappointed.

When it comes to seeing media, and in life generally, you must trust your guts more often, because not every show or movie will resonates with you because we are all wired differently, and everybody rating it high doesn't necessarily mean it's good for "you", read that again, the show isn't bad and probably deserve the high ratings from the people rating it high, but the most important thing is that it's not good for "you" and there would be no point trying to make sense of it. It doesn't mean you have a bad taste or the people rating it high have a bad taste either, and i am very sure if you sieve through all the many good ratings, you will also find a pretty good amount of bad ratings as well.

There is absolutely zero price for liking every show or movie that drops, infact personally for me, it's a red flag if i see someone that virtually likes everything that drops, and i begin to question their taste.

Baddestguyp is ready to wear an armour and shining valour to defend AOT as the greatest show ever made put there are people, even here, that would counter him and burst his ballz that AOT is just another anime on top the thousands that already exists and it's nothing special. These 2 truths co-exists in a unique duality of our nature as individuals to perceive art and media differently.

So next time a show isn't working for you after a few episodes in, just drop it despite any celestial ratings. That's why it's becoming increasingly difficult for me to even recommend shows to people cuz people just like what they like and hate what they hate at the same time despite your opinions.

Shallom!
I agree with your point, however I want to add something.

I just like many others believe that media is subjective...but I still believe there is a level of objectivity involved.

For instance, no matter how you hate Game of Thrones or One Piece, you cannot deny that they have incredible worldbuilding. You cannot hide under the banner of "media is subjective" to say that One Piece has terrible worldbuilding for instance. That is just an objectively terrible take because anyone with eyes can clearly see otherwise...and even you will have a hard time believing yourself.

There is also the issue of people not actually paying attention or even putting any effort to follow a show but just come online to give terrible reviews that they cannot defend.

If you say a show is trash, you should be able to give reasons why you believe it is trash. Not just claim that you are entitled to your opinion and people should accept it as that.

For example the AOT you used as example. The dude who came here to say it was trash but cannot state a single reason why. He could not even say anything about the story or characters for fear of embarrassing and exposing himself as someone who didn't understand anything he watched.

I don't think anyone has an issue if you say a show isn't for you. That's fine and very acceptable.

But if you say a show is trash, you should defend your claim. You should tell us why it's trash.

If you post a show here and call it 2/10 or 5/10, that's fine...but if people ask why you rated it as such, at the very least you should be able to give your reasons and defend them rather than running away.

If you cannot defend your opinion on a show, your opinion holds no ground...
It is even possible you formed your opinion based on serious misinterpretation of the show...

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by GloriousGbola: 10:09am On May 14
oyaskii:

Baddestguyp is ready to wear an armour and shining valour to defend AOT as the greatest show ever made put there are people, even here, that would counter him and burst his ballz that AOT is just another anime on top the thousands that already exists and it's nothing special. These 2 truths co-exists in a unique duality of our nature as individuals to perceive art and media differently.

Shallom!

cosigned

especially when i have a backlog that goes for years - no point in wasting time when there are other shows i can watch instead

not everyone can be like abduleez1 who will rate a show 101% once it has booba cheesy
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 10:45am On May 14
oyaskii:

Shallom!
There's a mix of narcissism and FOMO with most of these types, coupled with a bit too much free time on their hands.
With time, I've eventually tuned out just about any feeling towards anyone or any post complaining just for the sake of complaining.

Like I've always pointed out, you're not tied to a chair with your eyes taped up and forced to watch the content. Stop > Exit > Delete and simply move on to something else is one of the easiest things to do.

Also going to add, for the young ones who feel they can get some validation from finishing some certain show.
There's no such thing as a show/movie for high IQ people. No IQ test anywhere in the world ever included the analysis of a movie. So stop torturing yourself trying to finish some Nolan movie or a TV show that has you sleeping 10 minutes into the first episode because you're trying to prove to some randoms on the internet who can't do quadratic equations that you're intelligent.

If you're intelligent, it'll show. And no be the movies/shows wey you dey watch go show am.

Also pleading for 5864th time, if you don't like a show, please stop accusing the people that love it of overhyping it. Especially when you know you'll not accept accusations that your own favorite show is being overhyped. That's hypocrisy.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 10:46am On May 14
GloriousGbola:

cosigned

especially when i have a backlog that goes for years - no point in wasting time when there are other shows i can watch instead

not everyone can be like abduleez1 who will rate a show 101% once it has booba cheesy
What do tiddies and ten have in common? A "t" and "e" which means that a movie/show having tiddies is equivalent to having a ten.

Apologies, I don't make the rules.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 11:38am On May 14
Kaycee7:
There's a mix of narcissism and FOMO with most of these types, coupled with a bit too much free time on their hands.
With time, I've eventually tuned out just about any feeling towards anyone or any post complaining just for the sake of complaining.

Like I've always pointed out, you're not tied to a chair with your eyes taped up and forced to watch the content. Stop > Exit > Delete and simply move on to something else is one of the easiest things to do.

Also going to add, for the young ones who feel they can get some validation from finishing some certain show.
There's no such thing as a show/movie for high IQ people. No IQ test anywhere in the world ever included the analysis of a movie. So stop torturing yourself trying to finish some Nolan movie or a TV show that has you sleeping 10 minutes into the first episode because you're trying to prove to some randoms on the internet who can't do quadratic equations that you're intelligent.

If you're intelligent, it'll show. And no be the movies/shows wey you dey watch go show am.

Also pleading for 5864th time, if you don't like a show, please stop accusing the people that love it of overhyping it. Especially when you know you'll not accept accusations that your own favorite show is being overhyped. That's hypocrisy.

@ bolded.

This is wild...coming from the same person that called Attack on Titan overhyped and said Black Lagoon was even better than Attack on Titan.

I see you've mended your ways and done away with your past transgressions? Because you've been guilty of the same thing you're saying others should stop
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by pu7pl3(m): 1:01pm On May 14
You guys are still stirring up sh1t up here?
New year same Nairaland 🤭

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by NeoWanZaeed(m): 2:10pm On May 14
My new beautiful favourite movie is Demon Slayer and my favourite character is Rengoku.

I don't know what the writer is doing.. killing off such a great character
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by IngeniousLeez: 3:17pm On May 14

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyaskii(m): 3:24pm On May 14
Baddestguyp:

I agree with your point, however I want to add something.

I just like many others believe that media is subjective...but I still believe there is a level of objectivity involved.

For instance, no matter how you hate Game of Thrones or One Piece, you cannot deny that they have incredible worldbuilding. You cannot hide under the banner of "media is subjective" to say that One Piece has terrible worldbuilding for instance. That is just an objectively terrible take because anyone with eyes can clearly see otherwise...and even you will have a hard time believing yourself.

There is also the issue of people not actually paying attention or even putting any effort to follow a show but just come online to give terrible reviews that they cannot defend.

If you say a show is trash, you should be able to give reasons why you believe it is trash. Not just claim that you are entitled to your opinion and people should accept it as that.

For example the AOT you used as example. The dude who came here to say it was trash but cannot state a single reason why. He could not even say anything about the story or characters for fear of embarrassing and exposing himself as someone who didn't understand anything he watched.

I don't think anyone has an issue if you say a show isn't for you. That's fine and very acceptable.

But if you say a show is trash, you should defend your claim. You should tell us why it's trash.

If you post a show here and call it 2/10 or 5/10, that's fine...but if people ask why you rated it as such, at the very least you should be able to give your reasons and defend them rather than running away.

If you cannot defend your opinion on a show, your opinion holds no ground...
It is even possible you formed your opinion based on serious misinterpretation of the show
That's why you need to remove emotion from things like this because the fact remains, absolutely nobody owes you any explanation why they hold the views they hold on your fave show. Your emotional attachment to the show is what irks you when someone says the show is bad or mid. Tbh, for AOT for example, one can't tell if the person saying it's mid, is saying it out of spite or genuine imperfections of the show, but you shouldn't worry your head over that. An explanation will do you no good, it will ultimately lead to pointless arguments around circles that drags on unnecessarily. The fact is a negative comment about your fave show, wouldn't change the way you feel about that show or stop you from enjoying it, and if peradventure, you actually meet someone on here ready to debate you on the flaws of AOT on here, fine and good, if not, just look past negative comments and keep it moving.

At bolded, the statement reeks of narcissism, movies and shows are not that hard to grab or decipher, infact it's even easier to break down a show to bit for more understanding with the use of forums, blogs or even A.I. so a person having a negative comment about a show, does it mean they misrepresented the show,or didn't understand it or let me use the word you like to use, they have low media literacy
. That low media literacy bit you usually use sef, is down right condescending tbh, There is no university that awards "high media literacy" to you or anybody else for that matter.

Learn to leave emotions aside, you would see how much more you will enjoy shows, movies and interactions about them on here also.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyaskii(m): 3:26pm On May 14
GloriousGbola:

cosigned

My man abduleez1,😅 , abeg free my man o, he knows what he likes and he goes after it 😁
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by GloriousGbola: 3:33pm On May 14
Kaycee7:
What do tiddies and ten have in common? A "t" and "e" which means that a movie/show having tiddies is equivalent to having a ten.

Apologies, I don't make the rules.
oyaskii:
My man abduleez1,😅 , abeg free man o, he knows what he likes and go after it 😁

I have posted fellow man of culture as a response bit for some reason the site is blocking it angry
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyaskii(m): 3:37pm On May 14
Kaycee7:

succinctly put!. If you don't like a show, just drop it, and leave the crowd hyping it, to keep hyping it, instead of coming to complain every market day. It gets tiring.

I have a clear set of personal traits i look for in a show and not just going after a show or movie, because everyone else seems to like it. This my personal traits sef, has lead to see some mid shows and movies, sometimes, but i always trust my guts.

Anyone struggling to see a show they don't like just because finishing it and talking about it on here, means they will tagged them as having a fine taste, are seeing shows for the very wrong reasons and missing out on the only valid reason why we see shows or movies, which is self enjoyment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyaskii(m): 3:38pm On May 14
IngeniousLeez:
S2 teaser trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCwmXY_f-e0?si=SOJedEbtPU2KPijo
sho! E don turn horror show?? Well i don leave this one for una o.

I couldn't even finish S1 😩😩
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by WriterNig: 4:06pm On May 14
🎥 Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire (2024) = 5.4/10 ✔️

Childish & Femcentric. It has become an abomination in Hollywood to cast little boys in movies these days. Can't remember the last time i saw one. A new kind of mental illness is creeping into Hollywood actresses, they are adopting boys and converting them to girls, it's sickening. 🤮

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 4:08pm On May 14
GloriousGbola:

I have posted fellow man of culture as a response bit for some reason the site is blocking it angry
The site is losing the culture 😔
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 4:11pm On May 14
IngeniousLeez:
S2 teaser trailer

Perhaps they'll pull another Wheel of Time S2 with this one. Not holding my breath though
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by GloriousGbola: 4:24pm On May 14
Kaycee7:
The site is losing the culture 😔

abduleez1 when we tell him to leave those kno-ckers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajUlhaX9hQI

No 😏

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by armadeo(m): 4:58pm On May 14
IngeniousLeez:
S2 teaser trailer

Really don't care about this. Didn't even finish s1

Awaiting wo ts3.

The vampire chronicles has started. I'm waiting to binge that next month.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2820) (2821) (2822) (2823) (2824) (2825) (2826) ... (2828) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.