Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,354 members, 7,829,897 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:19 PM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (316) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3540473 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) ... (2825) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 12:19pm On Mar 18, 2016
sweetcocoa:
HTGAWM
Jane the virgin.grin
Scandal(I'm kinda bored)
Lucifer
Orphan black.
Black-ish
PLL
Modern family
Sex and the city

Is it five yet? grin grin
I was hooked o but the hiatus affected my concentration and then. I decided I wanted to wait for it to pile up and here we are, completing seeing suits, is definitely on my list of things to accomplish before I leave this mortal body. cheesy

I had this strong inkling to watch Jane the virgin, but for some unknown reasons, I just don't like the title...maybe it's because of the virgin in it.. cheesy

sweetcocoa:
Lol, I think I agree with you on the feeling among part
For me it was even the interest in chemistry that caught my attention but then, chemistry is already kinda boring, and then you go and make the show boring too? undecided
I will still give it a chance though, if I'm not entertained by the season 3, then it's goodbye.

Hell yeah!, physics over chemistry any day!! ..

philfearon:

That's absolutely true!

Word....

Dygeasy:
How many seasons of Breaking Bad did you watch?

I've seen 2 seasons...

cao:

Darkenedrebel for an acclaimed lyricist, you sure know how to beat a dead horse...refresh your punchline, you're capable of better. You ain't a one trick pony.

grin grin grin...
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Elparaiso(m): 12:35pm On Mar 18, 2016
DareDevil Season 2
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 12:40pm On Mar 18, 2016
Elparaiso:
DareDevil Season 2
All episodes released?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Hueyreckless0007: 1:02pm On Mar 18, 2016
DD S02

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by moneyallowed(m): 1:07pm On Mar 18, 2016
Elparaiso:
DareDevil Season 2
Links pls
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 1:28pm On Mar 18, 2016
sweetcocoa:
Hahaha, very funny, I see it.tongue
Lol, Agnostic cos I'm not sure of it all and atheist cos I don't believe in a god

You are confused! grin ...
Trust me, I've been in your shoes before - that moment where you're vacillating between two contradicting beliefs to the point that's it almost tearing you apart...
Don't worry, give it time, I'm sure you'd eventually figure out what vale you wanna tread. All it takes is inner retrospection and hours of meditation....

sweetcocoa:

Why are you asking me the purpose? How am I to say for certain? I can only postulate and so far, I think we are here to have fun, be good people and be happy while .grin

Because, couple of months ago, I was studying in the library with a friend, and this was what he asked, and I quote "What's the purpose of studying and acquiring knowledge, what's the point of passing exams, what's the essence of working hard and making money, why do we even try to better ourselves and our environment, especially when we would all still end up in a shallow grave eternally haunted by darkness?"

The Christians, Buddhists, Moors and all those who believe in a supreme being and in life after death ,from an existentialist point of view have a reason to live - they have a reason to do good and live a life of purpose, after all they believe life on earth is but a voyage that all men must embark on before they can return home(heaven).

On the other hand, Atheists do not believe in life after death, they just live life for the sake of it...they wake up in the morning to battle with their personal devils and never do they for once, even stop to ponder that what if death comes knocking right now, then of what use is the wealth I've amassed or of what use are my worries and struggles if the human life itself is only ephemeral?
Tell me you have never entertained such thoughts?

I can't say for sure whether the Christian god or the gods the Mayans worshipped are the true gods, but one thing I can say without batting an eyelid is that the existence of a supernatural force(s) is almost as incontrovertible as saturated hydrocarbons in diesel.

Have you ever heard of the term incorruptibles in Catholic glossary? Kindly read on St.Bernadette Soubirous and Blessed Imelda Lambertini and tell what you think thereafter..

sweetcocoa:

Spirituality isn't related to only religion, there is no specific way to define spirituality, any meaningful(or meaningless, depending individuals and how they choose to see things)activity can be their spirituality

Of course it isn't, but the uni-dimensional & universal definition is that it's the personal belief in a preterhuman being(s). Other broader concepts states that it's a quest for ultimate/sacred meaning...religion & spirituality are all still interwoven if you ask me...
I consider myself spiritual & slightly religious cos I see some sense in the Catholic doctrines.... what about you? Do you consider yourself spiritual?

cc: freecocoa

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Elparaiso(m): 2:20pm On Mar 18, 2016
bykebyke:

All episodes released?

Yea, Netflix though
moneyallowed:

Links pls
I don't have links yet.
But once I do, I will share them.
I watch on Netflix for now.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by sweetcocoa(f): 2:21pm On Mar 18, 2016
darkenedrebel:

You are confused! grin ...
Trust me, I've been in your shoes before - that moment where you're vacillating between two contradicting beliefs to the point that's it almost tearing you apart...
Don't worry, give it time, I'm sure you'd eventually figure out what vale you wanna tread. All it takes is inner retrospection and hours of meditation....

Because, couple of months ago, I was studying in the library with a friend, and this was what he asked, and I quote "What's the purpose of studying and acquiring knowledge, what's the point of passing exams, what's the essence of working hard and making money, why do we even try to better ourselves and our environment, especially when we would all still end up in a shallow grave eternally haunted by darkness?"

The Christians, Buddhists, Moors and all those who believe in a supreme being and in life after death ,from an existentialist point of view have a reason to live - they have a reason to do good and live a life of purpose, after all they believe life on earth is but a voyage that all men must embark on before they can return home(heaven).

On the other hand, Atheists do not believe in life after death, they just live life for the sake of it...they wake up in the morning to battle with their personal devils and never do they for once, even stop to ponder that what if death comes knocking right now, then of what use is the wealth I've amassed or of what use are my worries and struggles if the human life itself is only ephemeral?
Tell me you have never entertained such thoughts?

I can't say for sure whether the Christian god or the gods the Mayans worshipped are the true gods, but what thing I can say without batting an eyelid is that the existence of a supernatural force(s) is almost as incontrovertible as saturated hydrocarbons in diesel.

Have you ever heard of the term incorruptibles in Catholic glossary? Kindly read on St.Bernadette Soubirous and Blessed Imelda Lambertini and tell what you think thereafter..

Of course it isn't, but the uni-dimensional & universal definition is that it's the personal belief in a preterhuman being(s). Other broader concepts states that it's a quest for ultimate/sacred meaning...religion & spirituality are all still interwoven if you ask me...
I consider myself spiritual & slightly religious cos I see some sense in the Catholic doctrines.... what about you? Do you consider yourself spiritual?

cc: freecocoa
I'm not torn between two contradicting beliefs as I've never been more at peace, you just have to understand the concept of both terms to follow. Has nothing to do with confusion.

2.Does the fact that we die eventually mean we shouldn't live? That's what you should have asked your friend. I don't need the thought of an afterlife to keep me going, I already have a family and loved ones, that I'm happy living for, plus I also want children , a sexy man on my arm and all the good things life has to offer, so why the feck should I care about an afterlife that no flipping one knows exist for sure? If I die, after having amassed a lot of wealth, there definitely are people who that wealth will be beneficial to. Of course I have thought of what life is all about, it is in fact, a thought that has led me in my journey thus far. Wait! Are you saying atheists have no reason to do good? What reason would a person need to be good anyways? You are good because it is the right thing to do and my dear, everyone is born with a sense of right/wrong, without or without religion, a person can be good or bad.

Yea, there are mysteries in the world and that automatically translates to a god or gods being responsible? Well it depends on what you call god(s) so I can't tell anyone what to believe, all I ask is don't give me things you can't prove beyond every reasonable doubt and expect me to buy into it, because you believe it's unexplainable, therefore god must be responsible for it.

Yea I know of the incorruptibles and I think it is something that is yet to be figured out, I don't really buy into conspiracy theories but who is to say, everything happened the way the Catholic Church claims?

Of course spirituality and religion are interwoven because man made it so, quite easy to attribute the things they thought/couldn't explain to a higher being(s) and then call it spirituality undecided. I am blissfully in my own world when I listen to music or just meditate on things, so yea, you can say I'm spiritual like that, if you desperately need to put a label on it. tongue

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by philfearon(m): 2:34pm On Mar 18, 2016
Dygeasy:
Billions? Funnier than How I met your mother? Are you kidding? shocked
Of course you will have to show where I said what you stated above!
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by xp17(m): 2:45pm On Mar 18, 2016
Dygeasy:
The 100
would you recommend this TV?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 3:52pm On Mar 18, 2016
sweetcocoa:
I'm not torn between two contradicting beliefs as I've never been more at peace, you just have to understand the concept of both terms to follow. Has nothing to do with confusion

•Agnosticism:- the view that the existence of deities & gods is unknowable/or skepticism & uncertainty about theism.

•Atheism:- a belief that god(s) and deities do not exist.

You labelled yourself an Agnostic Atheist...
How can you be skeptical about the fact that a Genie is out of the bottle, and yet simultaneously still be cöcksure that the Genie is assertively out of the bottle - your statement's a paradoxical frog, but since you say you've never been more at peace, then I'd take your word for it.

sweetcocoa:

Does the fact that we die eventually mean we shouldn't live? That's what you should have asked your friend. I don't need the thought of an afterlife to keep me going, I already have a family and loved ones, that I'm happy living for, plus I also want children , a sexy man on my arm and all the good things life has to offer, so why the feck should I care about an afterlife that no flipping one knows exist for sure? If I die, after having amassed a lot of wealth, there definitely are people who that wealth will be beneficial to. Of course I have thought of what life is all about, it is in fact, a thought that has led me in my journey thus far

@bolded....you remind me of my childhood chaplain - he usually says; ''Dum vivimus, vivamus, Horace"
In English:- "Since we are living, let us live well"..

This is a good argument - the underlined part is a sorta déjà vu...I read somewhere that religion & belief in a god(s) only gives a purpose & meaning to death, and not necessarily life, and you just further buttressed that point..
..I like this part of your comment, Cocoa.... I really do.....I'll surely ruminate on this when I'm holed up in the sanctuary of my mind palace grin

sweetcocoa:

Wait! Are you saying atheists have no reason to do good? What reason would a person need to be good anyways? You are good because it is the right thing to do and my dear, everyone is born with a sense of right/wrong, without or without religion, a person can be good or bad

I never said so.....and of course, whether god(s) should be credited for bestowing us with a brain, or whether evolution should be receiving the accolades doesn't matter...what matters is that we have the ability to discern between right & wrong....

sweetcocoa:

Yea, there are mysteries in the world and that automatically translates to a god or gods being responsible? Well it depends on what you call god(s) so I can't tell anyone what to believe, all I ask is don't give me things you can't prove beyond every reasonable doubt and expect me to buy into it, because you believe it's unexplainable, therefore god must be responsible for it

Can you prove beyond reasonable doubt that Libertarian feminism is a right cause? Can you prove beyond reasonable doubt that god is a mere conceptual & fictitious framework? If the onus probandi was on you, can you prove beyond reasonable doubt that you deserve to see tomorrow?
Just as you cannot prove the aforementioned without creating a pavement for other arguments in the process, so also are Atheists & scientists unable to prove that god does not exist

Like Georgia minister, Dr. Nelson states: "one of the laws of logic is that you can’t prove a negative.”...

So, instead of craving for a beyond-reasonable-doubt explication for every situation, you need to come to terms with the fact that some things cannot just be proved!, but that doesn't imply that they are false...they are just axiomatic....

sweetcocoa:

Yea I know of the incorruptibles and I think it is something that is yet to be figured out, I don't really buy into conspiracy theories but who is to say, everything happened the way the Catholic Church claims?

The cases of the bodies of some saints & beauti not decomposing have been verified by scientists... it's no conspiracy theory....

sweetcocoa:

Of course spirituality and religion are interwoven because man made it so, quite easy to attribute the things they thought/couldn't explain to a higher being(s) and then call it spirituality undecided. I am blissfully in my own world when I listen to music or just meditate on things, so yea, you can say I'm spiritual like that, if you desperately need to put a label on it. tongue

That's all I needed to hear.. cheesy
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by sweetcocoa(f): 3:54pm On Mar 18, 2016
darkenedrebel:

I had this strong inkling to watch Jane the virgin, but for some unknown reasons, I just don't like the title...maybe it's because of the virgin in it.. cheesy

Hell yeah!, physics over chemistry any day!! ..

Physics over chemistry o, I remember skipping some classes on chem but never physics, my physics teacher was a pyscho who was always ready to calculate just about anything,so it was fun. grin

Jane the virgin is actually very interesting, if you like love stories , then there's some action with crime lords and the po po.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 4:02pm On Mar 18, 2016
sweetcocoa:
Jane the virgin is actually very interesting, if you like love stories , then there's some action with crime lords and the po po.

Hmmmm... Okay, maybe if I have time next week sha, I might watch it.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by sweetcocoa(f): 4:41pm On Mar 18, 2016
darkenedrebel:

•Agnosticism:- the view that the existence of deities & gods is unknowable/or skepticism & uncertainty about theism.

•Atheism:- a belief that god(s) and deities do not exist.

You labelled yourself an Agnostic Atheist...
How can you be skeptical about the fact that a Genie is out of the bottle, and yet simultaneously still be cöcksure that the Genie is assertively out of the bottle - your statement's a paradoxical frog, but since you say you've never been more at peace, then I'd take your word for it.

@bolded....you remind me of my childhood chaplain - he usually says; ''Dum vivimus, vivamus, Horace"
In English:- "Since we are living, let us live well"..

This is a good argument - the underlined part is a sorta déjà vu...I read somewhere that religion & belief in a god(s) only gives a purpose & meaning to death, and not necessarily life, and you just further buttressed that point..
..I like this part of your comment, Cocoa.... I really do.....I'll surely ruminate on this when I'm holed up in the sanctuary of my mind palace grin

I never said so.....and of course, whether god(s) should be credited for bestowing us with a brain, or whether evolution should be receiving the accolades doesn't matter...what matters is that we have the ability to discern between right & wrong....

Can you prove beyond reasonable doubt that Libertarian feminism is a right cause? Can you prove beyond reasonable doubt that god is a mere conceptual & fictitious framework? If the onus probandi was on you, can you prove beyond reasonable doubt that you deserve to see tomorrow?
Just as you cannot prove the aforementioned without creating a pavement for other arguments in the process, so also are Atheists & scientists unable to prove that god does not exist

Like Georgia minister, Dr. Nelson states: "one of the laws of logic is that you can’t prove a negative.”...

So, instead of craving for a beyond-reasonable-doubt explication for every situation, you need to come to terms with the fact that some things cannot just be proved!, but that doesn't imply that they are false...they are just axiomatic....

The cases of the bodies of some saints & beauti not decomposing have been verified by scientists... it's no conspiracy theory....

That's all I needed to hear.. cheesy

Agnosticism is a view that such are unknown so as an agnotist, your stand on the matter is that, you think that such things are unknown or unknowable(period.)has totally nothing to do with whether you believe in a god or not.

Atheism is unbelief in the existence of a god. Atheist, a person who doesn't believe in god.

Agnostic atheist someone who doesn't believe in a god because they believe it's existence is not known, cannot be known/proven.

Abeg what is contradictory here? Btw, I think everyone is Agnostic to some degree, you may think you correct but you cannot know for certain that a god exists.

Lol, it makes sense and that's why you like it.

I agree, we have the ability to tell right from wrong and that's all that matters.

And because god(just like many things) cannot be proven beyond reasonable doubt, is why I'm Agnostic atheist,but I sure can prove that the Muslim /Christian gods are a$$holes. grin

Any more questions? grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Dygeasy(m): 4:42pm On Mar 18, 2016
xp17:
would you recommend this TV?
I totally would. It's dope
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Dygeasy(m): 4:48pm On Mar 18, 2016
philfearon:

Of course you will have to show where I said what you stated above!
See below. The Boldened part is the only statement worth replying with the name of a series.

warriboy21:
to me.. breaking bad is just overhyped n d most boring shiiiit i have eva watched.. forget dos ratings...here in d US. u can buy rating s for ur tv shows just to promote it...de jus overhyped bb..forget dos people saying its for mature minds bla bla bla..there are various shows out der whose central theme even surpassses whatevea shittty idea breaking bad was trying to pass out undecided..
its a case of one mans food is anoda mans poison jare..

btw.....quantico is stupid...as in very stupid..dnt waste ur time(dis 1 na one mans poison is everyoda mans poison undecided)
blackish.......u go laf tire
orphan black.....dope..beautiful suspense
lucifer.....very very hilarious...d actor is dope..(i kn say some people stil de fear to watch dis movie cheesy),,but d idea of d movie is comedy..very funny lol.
den emm daredevil sad....i smh for dat wasted generation dull movie.. sad
den supergirl sad oh oh oh smh..jus looking at d stupid supergirl buluku costume jus ended it for me..

i love comedies..if ny1 cud recommend very funny comedies...somtin funier dan how i met ur moda...5$ for dat pesin smiley
philfearon:

Billions...
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 4:56pm On Mar 18, 2016
sweetcocoa:
Agnosticism is a view that such are unknown so as an agnotist, your stand on the matter is that, you think that such things are unknown or unknowable(period.)has totally nothing to do with whether you believe in a god or not.
Atheism is unbelief in the existence of a god. Atheist, a person who doesn't believe in god.

Agnostic atheist someone who doesn't believe in a god because they believe it's existence is not known, cannot be known/proven

Okay, this makes sense now...

sweetcocoa:

Abeg what is contradictory here? Btw, I think everyone is Agnostic to some degree, you may think you correct but you cannot know for certain that a god exists

I think that's where faith comes to the fore.
...and yes, I have doubts sometimes but they still get discarded @ the end of the day..

sweetcocoa:

Lol, it makes sense and that's why you like it.
I agree, we have the ability to tell right from wrong and that's all that matters

..word...

sweetcocoa:

And because god(just like many things) cannot be proven beyond reasonable doubt, is why I'm Agnostic atheist,but I sure can prove that the Muslim /Christian gods are a$$holes grin

Any more questions? grin

hahaha... don't let Christian or Moslem fanatics catch you o grin

No further questions grin
. I need to drift into a long sleep now....it was nice conversing with you by the way...
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by sweetcocoa(f): 5:02pm On Mar 18, 2016
darkenedrebel:

Okay, this makes sense now...

I think that's where faith comes to the fore.
...and yes, I have doubts sometimes but they still get discarded @ the end of the day..

..word...

hahaha... don't let Christian or Moslem fanatics catch you o grin

No further questions grin
. I need to drift into a long sleep now....it was nice conversing with you by the way...
Lol, they can't see me.

Was nice "conversating"(according to someone) with you too, do sleep tight, dream of lucifer.tongue

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by philfearon(m): 5:05pm On Mar 18, 2016
Dygeasy:

See below. The Boldened part is the only statement worth replying with the name of a series.

LOL...
My bad! I didn't actually see the "funnier than" part... Just thought he said comedy..
I haven't watched the said "How I met your mother" show anyway!
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by warriboy21(m): 5:09pm On Mar 18, 2016
Dygeasy:

lol billions doesnt hv dat comic bite for me.
..i want sometin like blackish...malcom in d midle,evrybdy hates chris...dos crazy comedies
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nathysmith: 5:09pm On Mar 18, 2016
How come the BB fans couldn't say anything to those attacking BB, wat happened.
By the way I dont get something though apart from d last season why were d viewers so few compared to other tv series.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Hueyreckless0007: 5:54pm On Mar 18, 2016
The Night Manager

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 6:34pm On Mar 18, 2016
Nathysmith:
By the way I dont get something though apart from d last season why were d viewers so few compared to other tv series.
When it was obvious that the people criticizing haven't even watched it.grin

And besides..
"The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody has decided not to see."cheesy
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by kingsilly(m): 6:51pm On Mar 18, 2016
Nathysmith:

I haven't seen a single episode from BB, the noise enough and hype was an immediate Turn off for me.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Joered63: 7:21pm On Mar 18, 2016
Elparaiso:

Yea, Netflix though
I don't have links yet.
But once I do, I will share them.
I watch on Netflix for now.

Pls guy which data subscription do u use in watching online, I can't even download anything for 30 minutes straight with this psiphon, because it always disconnects, and it's so frustrating. Pls I would greatly appreciate it if you could show me another alternative. Thanks
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Alfred234(m): 7:49pm On Mar 18, 2016
Daredevil Season 2 downloaded but I won't be watching it till next week so no spoilers pls
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Elparaiso(m): 8:08pm On Mar 18, 2016
Joered63:

Pls guy which data subscription do u use in watching online, I can't even download anything for 30 minutes straight with this psiphon, because it always disconnects, and it's so frustrating. Pls I would greatly appreciate it if you could show me another alternative. Thanks
Not in Naija, bro.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by moufan: 8:40pm On Mar 18, 2016
breaking bad is one of the overrated piece of shiittt tv series i've watched,even though I don't even really like game of thrones, I'm gonna rate it higher than that piece of shiiitt called bb
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 8:42pm On Mar 18, 2016
This Bates Motel sef..no enough Killings..I miss Dexter. angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) ... (2825) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: zoroby(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.