Stats: 3,156,507 members, 7,830,518 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (318) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3541533 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) ... (2825) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by philfearon(m): 7:49am On Mar 19, 2016
moneyallowed:

I was sorely tempted but then there's guys here shitting on Breaking Bad, one of the most beloved series of all time, makes me realise folks will shit on anything, even gold if given the chance.

So let him talk, if he says DD is crap then that's his loss, he'll never get to experience the bliss. I'm on Season 2, episode 5 now and all I can say is wow, just wow. Anyone that doesn't watch this is seriously missing. So many questions on vigilante justice but I'll wait till I finish.....and for those shitting on BB seriously I have no words for you, except I had a friend like you once.

I tried everything, and I mean everything to get him to watch it. No way he said, too boring he said, overrated he said. So I gave up and moved on with my life, if he doesn't want to share in the experience then it's his loss. So I thought

Then 4 years later, out of the blue, this guy calls me, chatting me up on social media, all he wants to talk about is BB. Pinkman did this, Eisenberg is a boss, etc. Guy look I've moved on na, BB is old news I say. But it's not old news to him and now he wants to share the joy with someone else

So I guess I was lying, there are actually words to describe those people that hate Breaking Bad. I put them into two categories ; the wannabe hipsters, the guys that want to hate on anything popular because it's cool at the moment and they wanna be different. If everyone else likes it, they hate it, automatically. Guy have you seen this dope video by Falz? Meh, it's just there jare, overrated. Like that, regardless of quality it's always overrated to them because people like it too much and people aren't allowed to like quality

The second category belongs to the people who actually took the time to watch it, wasted time in their opinion cos in the end they didn't just get it. I mean they tried, they really tried cos since everyone else loved it then there must be something about this but no, they couldn't find anything special. So now they're angry cos they feel deceived. Now the mere mention of BB makes the bile rise in their throat.

I have respect for the second category of people, I have no time for the former. You shouldn't have to like something because most people do. In this day and age social media has such an effect that at times we adopt the views of others without thinking for ourselves There is no such thing as universal acclaim cos we are individuals and individuals will have different opinions. It's allowed

Thank you for taking the time to read this, dear haters of DD and BB. I hope I was reasonable as this is a public space and I have to appear reasonable in public. Let me just warn you however, if you know me personally don't you dare bring your bloody smug face and tell me favorite shows on earth are poo cos I will smash that smug face, I will break your legs and cut your fingers into little pieces and feed them to my dogs. Don't you dare cos I will end you, permanently grin
For reasons unknown to me, I just feel like replying you, even against my better judgment...
At a time, "Super Story" was Nigeria's most popular TV show and like most people's favorite show. Unless you are of the Indomie generation then, you would have noticed it too,coupled with the enthusiasm with which people look to it every Thursday night...
Do you think same show would hold American populace or European populace in such awe back then and now?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Darey00(m): 7:55am On Mar 19, 2016
LOL seriously people,i don't get this. Ok,let me rephrase, Breaking bad is overrated IN MY OPINION. I watched BB from start to finish... of course i undastand that we cant love d same tin. I actually enjoyed it,i'l rate it a 3.5/5.. it is a cool series.but definately not in my must-watch recomendation list. I get why some cant fathom any bad words said to BB. We are humans,we cant agree all d time.good morning

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by SIRcumalot: 8:50am On Mar 19, 2016
sugaDaddy:
I can't understand how some people can call Breaking Bad boring and uninteresting. Why? Are you SERIOUS? Where's all this hate coming from??

Funny thing is, most of you haven't gone pass the midway point of Season 2.

Anyway sha, na una loss.

I watched BB from the first season to the last. that first season was little hard to get into but I powered through.
BB Is a very great series because I can't believe a mediocre series will have such a massive fan base.
but for me personally compared to my personal favorite (the sopranoes) it doesn't do much.
and please nobody should use the "we don't get it " defence it rude and condescending there isn't nothing complicated about the plot.
Saul is my favorite character and am invested in the new series.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 8:50am On Mar 19, 2016
dubylhover:
ont mind d fella,saying he's a bb fan boy,thats how another one claimed to like better call Saul but hates bb...I'm not even sure he knows d link...stopped house of cards after season 1,says games of thrones is overrated,but I bet you that same person would say legend of d seeker and merlin are d best TV series ever....
As in eh...some opinions here...The character Saul Goodman originated from Teletubbies. grin grin lipsrsealed
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by cao(f): 8:54am On Mar 19, 2016
Sleepy Hollow.
Folks really need to move out of that area...
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by jorhney(m): 8:57am On Mar 19, 2016
cao:
Sleepy Hollow.
Folks really need to move out of that area...

sleepy hollow is shit angry
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by jorhney(m): 8:58am On Mar 19, 2016
daredevil season 2 cool
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by moneyallowed(m): 8:58am On Mar 19, 2016
philfearon:

For reasons unknown to me, I just feel like replying you, even against my better judgment...
At a time, "Super Story" was Nigeria's most popular TV show and like most people's favorite show. Unless you are of the Indomie generation then, you would have noticed it too,coupled with the enthusiasm with which people look to it every Thursday night...
Do you think same show would hold American populace or European populace in such awe back then and now?

Popularity is not synonymous with quality, I get that, valid point. A bit harsh on Super Story though cos it used to be quite good, at least better than it is now. Now it's just shit

The thing about Breaking Bad though is it wasn't just popular, it was also critically acclaimed. Very few shows manage to be both. Usually when a series, or movie, or album for that matter, when it's praised by the critics usually the public doesn't agree, cos they care about plot and structure , while we just care about action and entertainment. When a show(insert movie or album) manages to satisfy both sides then it's special.

I don't really care about that to be honest, the critics can go to hell and the public too. I like what I like, end of, and I LOVE Breaking Bad. The fact that many people agree with me is just a point I'm using in this argument. If everyone else hated it I would still love it.

So in the end we can all reduce this thing to "in my opinion", but what I won't take is the word overrated. Overrated series are popular but lack substance. One example I can give is Empire. I think Empire is overrated (crucify me if you want) cos I feel it's merely popular but it lacks substance. BB is the most non overrated show I can think of.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 8:59am On Mar 19, 2016
Darey00:
LOL seriously people,i don't get this. Ok,let me rephrase, Breaking bad is overrated IN MY OPINION. I watched BB from start to finish... of course i undastand that we cant love d same tin. I actually enjoyed it,i'l rate it a 3.5/5.. it is a cool series.but definately not in my must-watch recomendation list. I get why some cant fathom any bad words said to BB. We are humans,we cant agree all d time.good morning

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Darey00(m): 9:12am On Mar 19, 2016
bykebyke:
LOL Bro u funny. yea i finished it. its d truth
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by philfearon(m): 9:12am On Mar 19, 2016
moneyallowed:

Popularity is not synonymous with quality, I get that, valid point. A bit harsh on Super Story though cos it used to be quite good, at least better than it is now. Now it's just shit

The thing about Breaking Bad though is it wasn't just popular, it was also critically acclaimed. Very few shows manage to be both. Usually when a series, or movie, or album for that matter, when it's praised by the critics usually the public doesn't agree, cos they care about plot and structure , while we just care about action and entertainment. When a show(insert movie or album) manages to satisfy both sides then it's special.

I don't really care about that to be honest, the critics can go to hell and the public too. I like what I like, end of, and I LOVE Breaking Bad. The fact that many people agree with me is just a point I'm using in this argument. If everyone else hated it I would still love it.

So in the end we can all reduce this thing to "in my opinion", but what I won't take is the word overrated. Overrated series are popular but lack substance. One example I can give is Empire. I think Empire is overrated (crucify me if you want) cos I feel it's merely popular but it lacks substance. BB is the most non overrated show I can think of.
Well, we are on same page then...
Films, whatever category they come in, will always be subjective!

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Darey00(m): 9:17am On Mar 19, 2016
After reading "Empire", "Breaking bad" and "overrated" in the same sentence,i think we shouldn't tag BB as overated. I may not be able to defend BB but Empire got to be the most overated show in recent times

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by dubylhover(m): 9:36am On Mar 19, 2016
bykebyke:

As in eh...some opinions here...The character Saul Goodman originated from Teletubbies. grin grin lipsrsealed

hehehehe....i bet you that fella hasnt even watched better call saul...if he finds it interesting then where does he think d character emanated from...peeps b shooting themselves in d foot..
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by dubylhover(m): 9:51am On Mar 19, 2016
moneyallowed:

I was sorely tempted but then there's guys here shitting on Breaking Bad, one of the most beloved series of all time, makes me realise folks will shit on anything, even gold if given the chance.

So let him talk, if he says DD is crap then that's his loss, he'll never get to experience the bliss. I'm on Season 2, episode 5 now and all I can say is wow, just wow. Anyone that doesn't watch this is seriously missing. So many questions on vigilante justice but I'll wait till I finish.....and for those shitting on BB seriously I have no words for you, except I had a friend like you once.

I tried everything, and I mean everything to get him to watch it. No way he said, too boring he said, overrated he said. So I gave up and moved on with my life, if he doesn't want to share in the experience then it's his loss. So I thought

Then 4 years later, out of the blue, this guy calls me, chatting me up on social media, all he wants to talk about is BB. Pinkman did this, Eisenberg is a boss, etc. Guy look I've moved on na, BB is old news I say. But it's not old news to him and now he wants to share the joy with someone else

So I guess I was lying, there are actually words to describe those people that hate Breaking Bad. I put them into two categories ; the wannabe hipsters, the guys that want to hate on anything popular because it's cool at the moment and they wanna be different. If everyone else likes it, they hate it, automatically. Guy have you seen this dope video by Falz? Meh, it's just there jare, overrated. Like that, regardless of quality it's always overrated to them because people like it too much and people aren't allowed to like quality

The second category belongs to the people who actually took the time to watch it, wasted time in their opinion cos in the end they didn't just get it. I mean they tried, they really tried cos since everyone else loved it then there must be something about this but no, they couldn't find anything special. So now they're angry cos they feel deceived. Now the mere mention of BB makes the bile rise in their throat.

I have respect for the second category of people, I have no time for the former. You shouldn't have to like something because most people do. In this day and age social media has such an effect that at times we adopt the views of others without thinking for ourselves There is no such thing as universal acclaim cos we are individuals and individuals will have different opinions. It's allowed

Thank you for taking the time to read this, dear haters of DD and BB. I hope I was reasonable as this is a public space and I have to appear reasonable in public. Let me just warn you however, if you know me personally don't you dare bring your bloody smug face and tell me favorite shows on earth are poo cos I will smash that smug face, I will break your legs and cut your fingers into little pieces and feed them to my dogs. Don't you dare cos I will end you, permanently grin

thats all bro..i also used to have a friend like that way back that felt it was too boring,i left him..then around early Jan,i saw a bbm request with d name Heisenberg...lo nd behold it was him,he was angry with me for not forcing him to watch it with me...

but just as you said,for those that don't like it one way or d other,its their loss...
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by DAvIt0(m): 9:58am On Mar 19, 2016
moneyallowed:

Perfect post...just perfect. DD is dope. The whole vigilante thing, Matt Murdock (DD), Wilson Fisk's clout (Devil's Kitchen) and what not.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by moufan: 10:46am On Mar 19, 2016
so cos Bob odendirk,Jonathan banks, tuco and tuco's nephew are in bb,I should also not like better call Saul cos I i said I didn't like bb.smh?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 11:07am On Mar 19, 2016
moufan:
so cos Bob odendirk,Jonathan banks, tuco and tuco's nephew are in bb,I should also not like better call Saul cos I i said I didn't like bb.smh?
Yes na..You can't not like Bread and like tea..

Better call Saul came up because of Breaking Bad,in fact,one episode in Breaking Bad is called Better Call Saul. cheesy
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by moufan: 11:47am On Mar 19, 2016
bykebyke:

Yes na..You can't not like Bread and like tea..

Better call Saul came up because of Breaking Bad,in fact,one episode in Breaking Bad is called Better Call Saul. cheesy
waz all dis shhiittt? is the storyline the same, was Bob odenkirk the protagonist in BB,is the plot even the same.they're both different only similar cos Vince Gilligan was also the executive producer of bb and he wanted to develop the character "Saul".amc specifically asked for it
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 11:49am On Mar 19, 2016
moufan:
waz all dis shhiittt? is the storyline the same, was Bob odenkirk the protagonist in BB,is the plot even the same.they're both different only similar cos Vince Gilligan was also the executive producer of bb and he wanted to develop the character "Saul".amc specifically asked for it
Yes..and what made AMC decide to specifically ask for it?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Abujabir24: 12:05pm On Mar 19, 2016
What do I do to download on alluc.ee?
Any other sites to download without having any third party interference? Aside 02tvseries.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by moufan: 12:18pm On Mar 19, 2016
bykebyke:

Yes..and what made AMC decide to specifically ask for it?
cos of the critical reviews bb received, amc asked peter gould and Vince Gilligan for another series, they then decided to develop the character "saul" that had already existed in bb instead of a brand new series. they merely picked the character Saul in bb and developed it for a new tv show called Better call saul
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 12:49pm On Mar 19, 2016
moufan:
cos of the critical reviews bb received, amc asked peter gould and Vince Gilligan for another series, they then decided to develop the character "saul" that had already existed in bb instead of a brand new series. they merely picked the character Saul in bb and developed it for a new tv show called Better call saul
Well,at least you agree that Better Call Saul is a spin off from Breaking Bad.

Better call Saul is a prequel,its what happened before Breaking Bad,and no they didn't just "merely" picked Saul..They are trying to show us who Saul Goodman was before Breaking Bad,and even some other characters..who would have thought Ehrmantraut was a police man?

So no..they are not both different.. I won't even be surprised if Walter White makes an appearance sometime in the future.

I'm sure this argument is getting boring and stale for everybody,so let's just agree to disagree and continue doing what this thread is meant for.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 1:39pm On Mar 19, 2016
Jack don vex grin grin

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 1:42pm On Mar 19, 2016

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 1:44pm On Mar 19, 2016
koice:
I stopped at that episode..Been waiting for like 3weeks to let it get complete before I watch again..Its been like 10years now. angry grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 1:53pm On Mar 19, 2016
From what I'd seen of the 2nd installment of Daredevil, it's broody ambience is very much in evidence. Caught snipets of Daredevil going at it with Elektra, but hey, don't wanna spoil the fun for others. wink
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 1:55pm On Mar 19, 2016
bykebyke:

I stopped at that episode..Been waiting for like 3weeks to let it get complete before I watch again..Its been like 10years now. angry grin

Don't worry, before this month runs out, Season 3 would wrap up. It's 2 more episodes to go, after all.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nathysmith: 2:56pm On Mar 19, 2016
Pls wanna understand something, d so called vigilantes/superheroes tend to leave some DNA wen they fight at times why cant d cops use dat to find out who they are.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by xp17(m): 2:57pm On Mar 19, 2016
moufan:
who has time for Quantico
when i say series I mean

Sherlock
the fall
better call Saul
true detective (s1)
Fargo
the brink
house of cards (s1)
making a murderer
the affair
deadwood etc.

this really shows either your understanding level is low or you've never seen breaking bad. How can you like better call saul and dislike breaking bad? They both this same sorry line, more like prequel of breaking bad, only that they changed some characters

@ bykebyke
you remember those 9 guys that was killed in prison? I believe later seasons is gonna be more about em on how they went to prison, why mr salamaka killed Gustavo's boy and when jersey ( Aaron paul )was mr white's (Bryan Cranston)student
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by moufan: 3:10pm On Mar 19, 2016
xp17:
this really shows either your understanding level is low or you've never seen breaking bad. How can you like better call saul and dislike breaking bad? They both this same sorry line, more like prequel of breaking bad, only that they changed some characters
pls fvck off my mention, thanks
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 3:26pm On Mar 19, 2016
xp17:

@ bykebyke
you remember those 9 guys that was killed in prison? I believe later seasons is gonna be more about em on how they went to prison, why mr salamaka killed Gustavo's boy and when jersey ( Aaron paul )was mr white's (Bryan Cranston)student
Yeah I remember,kill 9guys + the lawyer in 2minutes...damn cheesy

But I'm not sure they are going to go that deep.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Odkboy23(m): 3:27pm On Mar 19, 2016
vikings
daredevil

(1) (2) (3) ... (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) ... (2825) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78