Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,052 members, 7,835,556 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:42 AM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (758) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3548080 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (755) (756) (757) (758) (759) (760) (761) ... (2826) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by kinggogo: 9:10pm On Jul 30, 2017
How on earth are people criticizing this season's got

Unfreaking believable !!!
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Rapahel1116: 9:31pm On Jul 30, 2017
Ntj special abt GOT s7 for now ....I will give it 7.0...lwkmd....just kidding.
kinggogo:

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by realtem(m): 9:42pm On Jul 30, 2017
Rapahel1116:
At least its bearable....hope d 100 didn't continue dis way to season 3?
It gets more interesting.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Demmtek(m): 9:43pm On Jul 30, 2017
Twisting:
SHOOTER wink
bobleeswagger my man season 2 is still hot
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by collitexnaira(m): 10:15pm On Jul 30, 2017
Many folks are just here condemning series and forgetting we all have different taste, one man's food is another man's poison, that you don't like a particular TV series doesn't mean someone else won't like it.
The thread says "What TV series are you watching now", you guys should just tell us the one you are watching now nd stop discrediting good series all because it's not your taste
I actually view the thread with the hope of getting a new series i will be watching but was disappointed when i see some folks condemning super interesting series that i have watched

7 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Singapore1(m): 10:32pm On Jul 30, 2017
kinggogo:

you get time ... you will be surprised that the "guy" you are arguing with is just 14 ( age wise ) ..

so when their parent give them access to phone during holiday ,they will come here and be saying trash

what makes up a series is not only action , that's why during emmy awards you see series getting nominated for something we dont think matters

like Best costume, best graphics, best dialogue, best sound track ( even best hair style )etc ... a series that cost $6m per episode you want them to just release all that will happen in one season NAH, thats not gonna happen , we are here for the entertainment, they are here for the business ...

there is no way series can be 100% perfect, i read somewhere on quora where a guy was criticizing GOT just because "the book" version is better, so he want the movie to be exactly like the book .. thats why you see COMIC FANBOY crucifying marvel movies because some are nothing like the comics .. we get millions of people queuing for episode 3 right right now and you are telling me they are dumb for waiting for it ?
see it is easy to recognize a bad series and we know them .. millions of people know it ... yes we might disagree with some part but that doesnt make it a bad series

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by DarkRebel69: 10:42pm On Jul 30, 2017
Kaycee7:
I still wonder what drives them to compare Power to Empire. Those 2 shows are as different as red & blue.
How the hell do sex scenes advance a plot? I feel they are just eye candy.
It's been a year since season 3. You'll have to forgive me for not accurately remembering Vladimir's quote.
I just wish they would realize that the series does not resonate with their sense of entertainment instead of bashing it

It's probably because they both share elements of the Afro-American culture, even though I think "Power" is more diverse in scope, more intelligent.

Caucasians, Mexicans, Cubans, Puerto Ricans, Serbs, Chinese, and Jamaicans all feature in "Power", but "Empire" is too one-dimensional in the race aspect – hardly any other race plays a keyrole in "Empire" asides from the Blacks. Empire is also a bit too "music-centric", and since we are more familiar with the Hip-hop and entertainment industry than we are with the workings of the seedy business of drug-dealing, it's therefore more easier to predict the former. 50 Cent is a genius. I know what's he doing with the whole subtle "Eminem and Proof" thing he got going with "Tommy and Ghost". It's brilliant.

And yup, sex scenes are not entirely ornamental, they have their own purpose and it takes a surgeon's eye to see past the nudity and appreciate the nuances and hidden meanings embedded within them (I'm not saying some sex scenes aren't completely meaningless). Look at the time Greg Knox slept with Valdez in Season 3, making her think that he no longer believes she made the leak regarding Lobos transfer, and yet sneaking to sniff through her bag after just depositing a sizzling load of semen in her. Now tell me that particular sex scene was just mere eye-candy.

There's a reason the show is titled "Power". Sex is very much a power play. Valdez wrapped Greg's thinking faculties around her sweet little pussy, and Greg did the same to her. Ghost's dick interfered with Angela's rational mind. In a way, the sex scenes are pertinent to the storyline.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Singapore1(m): 10:52pm On Jul 30, 2017
DarkRebel69:

It's probably because they both have an element of the Afro-American culture, even though I think "Power" is more diverse in scope, more intelligent.

Caucasians, Mexicans, Cubans, Puerto Ricans, Serbs, Chinese, and Jamaicans all feature in "Power", but "Empire" is too one-dimensional in the race aspect – hardly any other race plays a keyrole in "Empire" asides from the Blacks. Empire is also a bit too "music-centric", and since we are more familiar with the Hip-hop and entertainment industry than we are with the workings of the seedy business of drug-dealing, it's therefore more easier to predict the former. 50 Cent is a genius. I know what's he doing with the whole subtle "Eminem and Proof" thing he got going with "Tommy and Ghost". It's brilliant.

And yup, sex scenes are not entirely ornamental, they have their own purpose and it takes a surgeon's eye to see past the nudity and appreciate the nuances and hidden meanings embedded within them (I'm not saying some sex scenes aren't completely meaningless). Look at the time Greg Knox slept with Valdez in Season 3, making her think that he no longer believes she made the leak regarding Lobos transfer, and yet sneaking to sniff through her bag after depositing a sizzling load of semen in her. Tell me that particular sex scene was just mere eye-candy.

There's a reason the show is titled "Power". Sex is a power play.

what some people don't know is that series like POWER is not complete without the sex scene, likewise series like ROME, SPARTACUS etc ... thats part of the thing that complete the series , the guy is just being an hypocrite, though i understand how he felt about this too
take for example the scene where ghost wife was in the car been driven home by her driver and she started masturbating in the car...Christ what was that ?..was that the best way to seduce someone..

trust me that part was unnecessary and was a total rubbish ... ( i honestly hated all their part, the wife and the driver ) ... but judging a series base on one see is totally unacceptable also comparing power and empire ... ah !!! ... that was a mistake on his part

if you don't like some part .. explain it and give reason why you don't like it .. simple
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by DarkRebel69: 11:05pm On Jul 30, 2017
Singapore1:

what some people don't know is that series like POWER is not complete without the sex scene, likewise series like ROME, SPARTACUS etc ... thats part of the thing that complete the series , the guy is just being an hypocrite, though i understand how he felt about this too

trust me that part was unnecessary and was a total rubbish ... ( i honestly hated all their part, the wife and the driver ) ... but judging a series base on one see is totally unacceptable also comparing power and empire ... ah !!! ... that was a mistake on his part

Yeah, exactly. The show is only depicting a cold reality, but ninjas be having conniption fits over it. We all act like we don't fück. I fück. You fück. Koice fücks. Cao fücks (I wonder what her sexy cum face looks like grin). Even as I'm writing this reply to you, millions of people are fücking. The point is, people fück all the time. So why the hypocrisy? Only people that complain about sex scenes – especially the very nice ones on "Power" – are probably people who don't get the opportunity to fück as much as they'd like. To such people the characters involved in the sex scenes are practically making a mockery of their deficiencies in the sex department, hence the hatred.

About the Shawn and Tasha thingy, It wasn't complete rubbish to me. If anything it came with a lesson: Neglect a housewife and she'd be transacting ørgasms with your chaffuer. That nigga Shawn dicked two women that are at least 10 years his senior [Tasha and LeKeisha]. He reminds me of myself. Hehe

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by junnyjake(m): 11:12pm On Jul 30, 2017
veekid:
Anyone here with genuine reason why tyrant was halted?

I heard there was a slump in viewership.

On a personal level I think Barry's script was whack in the 3rd season.

The writers lost something along the line. Perhaps the series died with Jamal.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by junnyjake(m): 11:13pm On Jul 30, 2017
UjSizzle:
Suits.
baby mi.
You Don reach here too?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Rapahel1116: 11:16pm On Jul 30, 2017
BT GOT hasn't been awesome so far....it has been slow ..... ....am not saying GOT is not d best sha( to some peeps) I prefer vikings to GOT though....BT I still love GOT ....I understand y some guys don't like it....."pls wats the name of aryas brother,the one who died ...the young wolf? " dats one of the reason ,GOT is so complex.....too many characters ,settings ,plots.....I wouldn't b surprised if GOT had theirs settings in up to 8 countries ....its possible.lol...answer my question abeg
Singapore1:

you get time ... you will be surprised that the "guy" you are arguing with is just 14 ( age wise ) ..

so when their parent give them access to phone during holiday ,they will come here and be saying trash

what makes up a series is not only action , that's why during emmy awards you see series getting nominated for something we dont think matters

like Best costume, best graphics, best dialogue, best sound track ( even best hair style )etc ... a series that cost $6m per episode you want them to just release all that will happen in one season NAH, thats not gonna happen , we are here for the entertainment, they are here for the business ...

there is no way series can be 100% perfect, i read somewhere on quora where a guy was criticizing GOT just because "the book" version is better, so he want the movie to be exactly like the book .. thats why you see COMIC FANBOY crucifying marvel movies because some are nothing like the comics .. we get millions of people queuing for episode 3 right right now and you are telling me they are dumb for waiting for it ?
see it is easy to recognize a bad series and we know them .. millions of people know it ... yes we might disagree with some part but that doesnt make it a bad series
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Singapore1(m): 11:17pm On Jul 30, 2017
DarkRebel69:

Yeah, exactly. The show is only depicting a cold reality, but ninjas be having conniption fits over it. We all act like we don't fück. I fück. You fück. Koice fücks. Cao fücks (I wonder what her sexy cum face looks like grin). Even as I'm writing this reply to you, millions of people are fücking. The point is, people fück all the time. So why the hypocrisy? Only people that complain about sex scenes – especially the very nice ones on "Power" – are probably people who don't get the opportunity to fück as much as they'd like. To such people the characters involved in the sex scenes are practically making a mockery of their deficiencies in the sex department, hence the hatred.

About the Shawn and Tasha thingy, It wasn't complete rubbish to me. If anything it came with a lesson: Neglect a housewife and she'd be transacting ørgasms with your chaffuer. That nigga Shawn dicked two women that are at least 10 years his senior [Tasha and LeKeisha]. He reminds me of myself. Hehe

the emboldened is where you are going , don't you dare drag koice into this .. you intentionally want her to come out of the wall .. don't say i didn't warn you cheesy cheesy
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by DarkRebel69: 11:27pm On Jul 30, 2017
Singapore1:

the emboldened is where you are going , don't you dare drag koice into this .. you intentionally want her to come out of the wall .. don't say i didn't warn you cheesy cheesy

Cao's a draft dodger, she never fights.

That girl remains a mystery to me. Quiet, smart, devious, rigid, uptight --- but I bet she's freaky in a crazy way when ducked behind the curtains of privacy. Crazy enough to break bread with Lorenna Bobbit and Casey Anthony.
The church bells in my head start to ring when I meet such ladies. I just want to break them. Devour them. I mean break them the way Christian Grey broke Anasthesia. *Runs out* grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Singapore1(m): 11:28pm On Jul 30, 2017
Rapahel1116:
BT GOT hasn't been awesome so far....it has been slow ..... ....am not saying GOT is not d best sha( to some peeps) I prefer vikings to GOT though....BT I still love GOT ....I understand y some guys don't like it....."pls wats the name of aryas brother,the one who died ...the young wolf? " dats one of the reason ,GOT is so complex.....too many characters ,settings ,plots.....I wouldn't b surprised if GOT had theirs settings in up to 8 countries ....its possible.lol...answer my question abeg

YES .. preference !!!

i am a Chelsea fan and the fact that i'm a Chelsea fan doesn't mean my team is the best, so when fighting the comparison war, i will defend my team against any team , but when i'm alone hmmm....

the fact that you preferred viking doesn't mean it's the best series ... right now this moment GOT is the best series in the world ( base on stats )

the series is filmed on three continents and in six countries ( AFRICA (morocco ) , europe , and america )
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Coyotejack(m): 11:49pm On Jul 30, 2017
DarkRebel69:

Cao's a draft dodger, she never fights.

That girl remains a mystery to me. Quiet, smart, devious, rigid, uptight --- but I bet she's freaky in a crazy way when ducked behind the curtains of privacy. Crazy enough to break bread with Lorenna Bobbit and Casey Anthony.
The church bells in my head start to ring when I meet such ladies. I just want to break them. Devour them. I mean break them the way Christian Grey broke Anasthesia. *Runs out* grin

U one nasty guy cheesy
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Rapahel1116: 12:01am On Jul 31, 2017
GOT is one of the best if not d best .....3continents?
Mehn....BT it baffles me....are sex scenes actually real?if its real how do u deal with it wen u are Married....men I can't deal with it ....its either u leave me or I leave u ....or don't just do DAT shit ....unless u wanna b single again .is it real ?
Singapore1:

YES .. preference !!!

i am a Chelsea fan and the fact that i'm a Chelsea fan doesn't mean my team is the best, so when fighting the comparison war, i will defend my team against any team , but when i'm alone hmmm....

the fact that you preferred viking doesn't mean it's the best series ... right now this moment GOT is the best series in the world ( base on stats )

the series is filmed on three continents and in six countries ( AFRICA (morocco ) , europe , and america )
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by MaestroZeus(m): 12:09am On Jul 31, 2017
I swear I don't c wat u guys c in the 100 watched d film up to season 3 and dere are sum twist and decisions dat u dat u are watching d film will b lyk "hey I can do better dan dat" .....d film is for teenagers 12-18....as for Quantico really love season 1 buh dat 2 was shit...didn't understand d shit dey were saying..jst managed to finish d 2... hopefully 3 will b better and as for GoT...it is d best series yet...(haters go Bleep urself)

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by MaestroZeus(m): 12:14am On Jul 31, 2017
GOT-sum will b lyk d sex scene were turnoff for dem..buh if u check dier film record dey watched Spartacus 3 times...jst say u don't understand d complexity of d series..only smart pple watch it and continue...dull pple find dier way to d nxt series
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Rapahel1116: 12:15am On Jul 31, 2017
DAT was wat I wanted saying ....mehn I would have done better ....haba common sense ....dm tie rope for tree ....d load on DAT tree dn too much dis stupid 4 individuals de look my guy man like mumu as he de go down go die ....nonsense.....I dn download am sha ....DAT finns character is just messed up in season 2 d guy for just kokoma die
MaestroZeus:
I swear I don't c wat u guys c in the 100 watched d film up to season 3 and dere are sum twist and decisions dat u dat u are watching d film will b lyk "hey I can do better dan dat" .....d film is for teenagers 12-18....as for Quantico really love season 1 buh dat 2 was shit...didn't understand d shit dey were saying..jst managed to finish d 2... hopefully 3 will b better and as for GoT...it is d best series yet...(haters go Bleep urself)
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Singapore1(m): 12:21am On Jul 31, 2017
but season 1 of POWER to be honest the fvck is just too much ... cry cry cry
daughter of EVE suffer !!! cry cry cry
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by cao(f): 1:07am On Jul 31, 2017
There appears to be a strong stench of desperation in the air... I see DarkRebel69 has surfaced. Abeg, life is too short for this display. Moving on...
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by DarkRebel69: 1:46am On Jul 31, 2017
cao:
There appears to be a strong stench of desperation in the air... I see DarkRebel69 has surfaced. Abeg, life is too short for this display. Moving on...

Well, my nostrils think otherwise. grin What I do smell is the irresistible aroma of lotion on your warm skin, the delicious scent of Nivea applied generously on your supple butt cheeks, the angelic scent wafting out from that flowery valley straddling your proud, thick thighs - that starved, clean-shaven landscape of ethereal pleasures sitting just beneath the throne of your cute little navel.

Cao, Cao, Cao, Fate did us wrong when it dropped us in different continents. You got lucky. But trust me, I'mma find your ass soon. I'm coming for you. Soon. Tremble. Winter is coming for you, Cao. Coming. Coming.

Life is too short indeed. grin

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 2:51am On Jul 31, 2017
Someone please confirm....I heard Lala does weekly sex scenes in Power?? shocked shocked
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Coyotejack(m): 3:03am On Jul 31, 2017
bykebyke:
Someone please confirm....I heard Lala does weekly sex scenes in Power?? shocked shocked

Nah she fuçked Tommy in S4 epi4
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Demmtek(m): 4:12am On Jul 31, 2017
Spoiler alert jon snow no gree bow to queen and guess what happen next new episode is a must watch
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Shittaakeem(m): 5:34am On Jul 31, 2017
Teen wolf is back

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Ufranklin92(m): 7:28am On Jul 31, 2017
DarkRebel69:

Well, my nostrils think otherwise. grin What I do smell is the irresistible aroma of lotion on your warm skin, the delicious scent of Nivea applied generously on your supple butt cheeks, the angelic scent wafting out from that flowery valley straddling your proud, thick thighs - that starved, clean-shaven landscape of ethereal pleasures sitting just below the throne of your cute little navel.

Cao, Cao, Cao, Fate did us wrong when it dropped us in different continents. You got lucky. But trust me, I'mma find your ass soon. I'm coming for you. Soon. Tremble. Winter is coming for you, Cao. Coming. Coming.

Life is too short indeed. grin

MA NIGGA MA NIGGA

3 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by realtem(m): 8:18am On Jul 31, 2017
MaestroZeus:
GOT-sum will b lyk d sex scene were turnoff for dem..buh if u check dier film record dey watched Spartacus 3 times...jst say u don't understand d complexity of d series..only smart pple watch it and continue...dull pple find dier way to d nxt series
Haha... Lol...

If only smart people watched it, then it wouldn't be this popular.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Lordseyad(m): 8:18am On Jul 31, 2017
Currently watching

Got 7
Power 4..
Rome..
Shooter..
Salvation..
Master of none. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (755) (756) (757) (758) (759) (760) (761) ... (2826) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: TheStrongest and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.