Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,808 members, 7,862,670 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 10:42 PM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (944) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3589345 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (941) (942) (943) (944) (945) (946) (947) ... (2839) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by BlackManta(m): 4:50pm On Jan 30, 2018
nonut:
grin

what is the name of that tv series.
That guy must be popular, i do see his face is some memes and i have read some of his quotes.

What is the name of the actor?
What is the name of that series?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by nonut: 6:00pm On Jan 30, 2018
BlackManta:

That guy must be popular, i do see his face is some memes and i have read some of his quotes.

House, MD. It's an old medical drama.
I was bored and most of my favourite series are either on break or through, so I decided to watch it all over again.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Lalaski001: 6:21pm On Jan 30, 2018
alonso2214:
go watch the brave...s.w.a.t...mcmafia... this 3 movies is making my day go round..

Thanks. will check them out.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaziar: 8:00pm On Jan 30, 2018
BlackManta:

The name is Hugh Laurie. Apart from House MD you can also check him out on Chance.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by cao(f): 8:02pm On Jan 30, 2018
Dirty Money.

Time to depress myself with this Netflix documentary series.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jan 30, 2018
cao:
Dirty Money.

Time to depress myself with this Netflix documentary series.

Interesting series, where did you download it from?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by cao(f): 8:35pm On Jan 30, 2018
Gungnir:

Interesting series, where did you download it from?
I'm watching it on Netflix.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jan 30, 2018
Gungnir:

Mehn Gomorra deserves an award. True story telling, you feel everything within your bones.

Alot of characters went with season 3, in unexpected ways. Finally what we talked about was pointed out at the end of the series. As a matter of fact it was even advised by Ciro, "interests should always come first before feelings".

One thing I noted is that, people from privilege backgrounds are inclined to take on feelings than to look at things on strictly interest basis. Ciro made a jest when Gennaro and Enzo where about to have a go at it, he scoffed at them being typical sons of druglords and said he coming from nowhere made him understand what it took or is necessary to succeed in that business. It's funny how he played a pivotal role in wiping out most of the kingpins, from Pietro Savastano to the Wizard and many others.

I guess there aint no loyalty anywhere, it's just where interest aligns, I find it hard to accept tho, but life has seemed to repeatedly prove this point.

Indeed, Gomorra is not like any other series of its kind. I actually prefer it to Narcos.
link to download it please.Gomorra
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jan 30, 2018
chidoo4luv:
koice, anyone please
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jan 30, 2018
chidoo4luv:
ko..ice, anyone please

Just check his posts, you will see the links there...
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kanurii: 12:08am On Jan 31, 2018
chidoo4luv:

The show is in Italian language

smallmkv .info/ download/ gomorrah

Comot the spaces
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by cao(f): 5:02am On Jan 31, 2018
Black Lightning.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 9:38am On Jan 31, 2018
Gungnir.

Genny didn't betray his Dad out of personal interest. He did it out of self preservation.

He's Pietro's only son and heir and was always gonna take over his Dad's empire anyway, but the thing is, Pietro see him as weak and unfit for the job. Having Ciro kill his Dad was his way of protecting himself from the impending wrath of his Dad. This is a mistake tho, because Pietro is a man with very strong family values and never would have harmed his only son and heir even if he's a p***y.

Also, let's not forgive Imma. When Pietro is arrested and jailed, and Pietro left Genny temporary in charge, She wasn't having it. She's a proud woman and just as ruthless as her husband, Pietro, and felt since she help build the empire, she should be the one running things in the absence of Pietro. So what did she do? She snatched the empire from her husband and son in a surprise coup. Now to get to the point I'm trying to make, if family value was something of convenience, she would have had her son killed, wouldn't she? But, no, she couldn't, because blood is thicker than water. She sent him off to South America instead.

Of course, there will always be the quest for money, social prestige and most of all, power... and sometimes it gets in the way of the traditional values but let's not forget the fact that the core pillars of the Mafioso are Honor, Family, and Friendship.

There are rules laid down years ago by the mafia that mustn't be broken and even though Camorra is not a centralized mafia - not like the more traditional Sicilian mafia - these rules are still respected, if somewhat loosely, amongst some of them.

They are:
- Don't commit adultery
- Respect Family
- Never be seen with cops
- Appointments must absolutely be respected
- When asked for any information, the answer must be the truth.
- Wives must be treated with respect
- Always being available for Cosa
Nostra is a duty
- Money cannot be appropriated if it belongs to others or to other families.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 9:52am On Jan 31, 2018
Lalaski001:

I have only seen suits amongst these legal movies, which ones can you guys recommend for me that is as good or better than suits...

ps: I like movies with interesting characters!!!

They are all better than Suits. The most entertaining amongst them are Damages & The Good Wife...

The funniest are Boston Legal & The Practice...

Most compelling... Better Call Saul & Goliath.

Most practical... LA Law & Silk

Brand new... The Good Fight.

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 10:00am On Jan 31, 2018
ladej:
yes sir ! I have watched all as well. Good analysis I completely agree with. Top notch writing as well. I was surprised how good better call Saul is considering its a prequel to breaking bad. Then again Vince Gilligan is quality !

Vince Giligan is a savant. As screenwriters go, there are are only a handful of people I can put above him.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 10:06am On Jan 31, 2018
koice:
Gungnir.

Genny didn't betray his Dad out of personal interest. He did it out of self preservation.

He's Pietro's only son and heir and was always gonna take over his Dad's empire anyway, but the thing is, Pietro see him as weak and unfit for the job. Having Ciro kill his Dad was his way of protecting himself from the impending wrath of his Dad. This is a mistake tho, because Pietro is a man with very strong family values and never would have harmed his only son and heir even if he's a p***y.

You keep proving my point, pay attention to the emboldened you wrote. Strong family values, so if Pietro were to be in Genny shoes, he would never had allowed a rival kill his father or sacrifice him for any personal interest. That is exactly my point, loyalty irrespective of any mafia code, after all, you said family is everything?

Self preservation is the same thing as personal interest.

Also, let's not forgive Imma. When Pietro is arrested and jailed, and Pietro left Genny temporary in charge, She wasn't having it. She's a proud woman and just as ruthless as her husband, Pietro, and felt since she help build the empire, she should be the one running things in the absence of Pietro. So what did she do? She snatched the empire from her husband and son in a surprise coup. Now to get to the point I'm trying to make, if family value was something of convenience, she would have had her son killed, wouldn't she? But, no, she couldn't, because blood is thicker than water. She sent him off to South America instead.

At the risk of sounding sexist, women are very very slow in crossing their own family no matter the extreme. Even for those they fiercely love, it is rare they act on it. The only woman who was that fierce was Griselda Blanco, and we see the sort of reputation she had. Now it was convenient for her to do it that way, circumstances allowed her to play her cards that way, any else will be self sabotage and would backfire terribly in the long run.

Of course, there will always be the quest for money, social prestige and most of all, power... and sometimes it gets in the way of the traditional values but let's not forget the fact that the core pillars of the Mafioso are Honor, Family, and Friendship.

My point is that, those core pillars are mutable as circumstances dictates. It is not fixed, it is not an incontrovertible law.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 10:55am On Jan 31, 2018
No I didn't. I don't see how I did. I made my point. Maybe I didn't clarify... Genny is weak but his Dad wasn't. He turned on his father out of self preservation, whereas Pietro would never have turned on his son no matter what, because of... yup, FAMILY. Genny didn't really understood what family values stands for then, and did what he did because he believed it was the right thing to do. You can't call it personal interest because, it's not like he had something financial to gain from his father's demise.

S03 Genny has come a long way since naive and weak Genny of old, and now have family values that could have rivaled his Dad's. He had to kill his mentor and "brother", Ciro, just to save his own family for crying out loud! Family matters to this people just like everyone else.

Enzo is someone that have always live by the core values of Mafia. He's very loyal and very protective of those around him.

Nope, the core pillars are fixed, they cannot be changed. For the fact that they aren't enforced in the Camorra don't mean they aren't elsewhere.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 11:14am On Jan 31, 2018
koice:
No I didn't. I don't see how I did. I made my point. Maybe I didn't clarify... Genny is weak but his Dad wasn't. He turned on his father out of self preservation, whereas Pietro would never have turned on his son no matter what, because of... yup, FAMILY. Genny didn't really understood what family values stands for then, and did what he did because he believed it was the right thing to do. You can't call it personal interest because, it's not like he had something financial to gain from his father's demise.

This is funny, personal interest doesn't have to be financial. That he did so for his own family is also personal interest or 'preseved' himself.

S03 Genny has come a long way since naive and weak Genny of old, and now have family values that could have rivaled his Dad's. He had to kill his mentor and "brother", Ciro, just to save his own family for crying out loud! Family matters to this people just like everyone else.

Enzo is someone that have always live by the core values of Mafia. He's very loyal and very protective of those around him.

Nope, the core pillars are fixed, they cannot be changed. For the fact that they aren't enforced in the Camorra don't mean they aren't elsewhere.

Even in the scilian they are mutable, Michael had Fredo, killed. I know they hold family values in high esteem but I am saying, if one of their own family does something against the family or needs to be clipped to preserve the family, it is always done. You are saying, that family is what they fight for or try their best to preserve. Point is, family is not sacred enough that one may not be clipped if he goes against the family or necessitated.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 11:40am On Jan 31, 2018
Gungnir:

This is funny, personal interest doesn't have to be financial. That he did so for his own family is also personal interest or 'preseved' himself.

Even in the scilian they are mutable, Michael had Fredo, killed. I know they hold family values in high esteem but I am saying, if one of their own family does something against the family or needs to be clipped to preserve the family, it is always done. You are saying, that family is what they fight for or try their best to preserve. Point is, family is not sacred enough that one may not be clipped if he goes against the family or necessitated.

They are not mutable anywhere. It's the 3 most important pillars, the very foundation of the Mafia. There are at least 47 minor pillars, but the 3 are the cores.

Family is very sacred, but honor is even more sacred. When a person breaks one of the cardinal rules that mustn't be broken, it's up to a brother/sister/father/mother/cousin to "make things right". By offing the offending party, honor is hereby, restored to the family and by extension, the family they serve.

In the Mafia, Honor is more sacred than family, and family is more sacred than friendship, and friendship is more sacred than the rest.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 11:48am On Jan 31, 2018
koice:

They are not mutable anywhere. It's the 3 most important pillars, the very foundation of the Mafia. There are at least 47 minor pillars, but the 3 are the cores.

Family is very sacred, but honor is even more sacred. When a person breaks one of the cardinal rules that mustn't be broken, it's up to a brother/sister/father/mother/cousin to "make things right". By offing the offending party, honor is hereby, restored to the family and by extension, the family they serve.

In the Mafia, Honor is more sacred than family, and family is more sacred than friendship, and friendship is more sacred than the rest.

Then you will be right to say, Honor is everything not family. Honor as dictated by the Mafia or as interpreted.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jan 31, 2018
Gungnir:

Then you will be right to say, Honor is everything not family. Honor as dictated by the Mafia or as interpreted.

You're not getting it...

This is a complex issue. Within the Mafia, honor is everything. Outside it, family is everything. A newly minted mafiosi would typically try to put his young family above everything else, but, since rules are rules, he's gonna have to make a choice: protect his family, or, be true to the mafia... or do both.

Protecting your family would entail keeping them away from your affairs - but again it's nearly impossible to achieve this, since being deeply entrench in organized crime is pretty immersive.

So it's a dilemma, and an average mafiosi goes through this. It gets easier when every member of your family is a mafiosi, and thus, know the rules, but, even at that, as the head of your family, your natural instinct is to protect your loved ones, and so, you still try to protect them.

So based on this, Family is everything, just like honor is everything within the mafia. I hope you get the point I'm trying to make.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jan 31, 2018
koice:

You're not getting it...

This is a complex issue.

Indeed it is, I get your point. But you don't get mine.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jan 31, 2018
Hehehe... They don cancel Damnation sef. Gotta say, I see that one coming a mile away. The show had nothing new to offer.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jan 31, 2018
Gungnir:

Indeed it is, I get your point. But you don't get mine.
Oh, I get yours. Basically, you're of the opinion that the average mafiosi has no real loyalty, very selfish, kills on a whim, don't give a flying f**k about family, and only uses it as a matter of convenience. I don't agree.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jan 31, 2018
koice:

Nope, I believe they exercise all these, but that they won't break or disregard their code for the sake of family if the code necessitates them to clip one of their own family or to preserve what's left of the family after the flipping if one.

I am of the mind, to hell with mafia or code whatever, blood comes first.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jan 31, 2018
Gungnir:

Nope, I believe they exercise all these, but that they won't break or disregard their code for the sake of family if the code necessitates them to clip one of their own family or to preserve what's left of the family after the flipping if one.

I am of the mind, to hell with mafia or code whatever, blood comes first.

Amen to that.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jan 31, 2018
Television hybrid Networks like Syfy and USA Network are now allowed to say cuss words like F**k in their original programming without censor.

Now, hopefully, The Expanse will show Avasarala's more... vocal side from the books. wink
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaziar: 1:52pm On Jan 31, 2018
cao:
Black Lightning.
Hey, how's the show or more aptly put how would you rate it?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nihilist: 3:02pm On Jan 31, 2018
McMafia

Gomorrah Season 3
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Stegomiah: 3:03pm On Jan 31, 2018
cao:

But, today it was itching you, you had to scratch.

Lol, badass
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by nani667: 3:45pm On Jan 31, 2018
nonut:

House, MD. It's an old medical drama.
I was bored and most of my favourite series are either on break or through, so I decided to watch it all over again.

think I need to download this show and re-watch from Scratch..

when I saw the series back then man was hustling for DVDs...

(1) (2) (3) ... (941) (942) (943) (944) (945) (946) (947) ... (2839) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: Chibudollar and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.