Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,043 members, 7,863,718 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 01:51 AM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (942) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3591498 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (939) (940) (941) (942) (943) (944) (945) ... (2841) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by introvertme: 4:23pm On Jan 28, 2018
rationalmind:

You just brought back a very funny memory with the bolded when my main line for calls was Glo.

I was a trainee engineer sent out to understudy another engineer somewhere in the South South after the usual classroom training in Lag.

On this particular day, he had a whole lot of faults to resolve and was told to assign one of them to me. I had no idea what to do and asked him for assistance, his reply was, call me from site.

Na so I begin go site o. Got there, customer was so happy to see me, he started lamenting how the downtime had affected their operations and how he was relived to finally see me. Me wey no know wetin I con do grin

Brought out my phone to call my assigned engineer, no network on my phone. Asked the customer to assist with his own phone, he said he left it in the staff quarters. I begin sweat grin

Customer in front of me, waiting for me to do my thing, me in front of their radio, waiting for manna from heaven grin

I'll leave you to imagine what happened, I no wan talk am grin

Anyway, I got back, re-assigned my Mtn line as my major and official and that was the beginning of the end of Glo for me.

Glo deliberately tampers with the data speed.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by lymelyte(m): 4:45pm On Jan 28, 2018
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by ladej(m): 5:14pm On Jan 28, 2018
koice:
@ladej, you're still not getting it. All the points you raised are varied, and I can't fault them, BUT, They. Don't. Matter.

The story was been told through Walter White's POV. He was the main protagonist - all others are just supporting characters. As such, you would expect supporting characters to be killed off from time to time to facilitate the flow of the plot and the subplot, yes?

What I am trying to say is this: Walter as the main protagonist, killed people, ruined a lot of lives, but somehow, got away with it.

In organized crime, people at the thick of things don't go unscathed, they just don't. In Broadwalk Empire, Nucky Thompson got clipped in the end. In The Wire, main protagonists, Omar, Stringer Bell, Avon... got clipped. In Oz, Vernon Schillinger got murdered by Keller. In SoA, Jax committed suicide as the walls were closing in on him. In The Shield, Shane Vendrell murdered his wife, kid and himself as the law closed in on him. In Peaky Blinders, Tommy's wife got murdered. I could go on and on...

The following are the few times when TV shows depicted the actual grievous consequences that come with letting oneself get involve with organized crime. They didn't go easy on the protagonists at all, as real life wouldn't either.

Breaking Bad failed in this department, and as such I would always rate those shows I mentioned above it. That said, it's still one of the greatest TV series of our generation.

meanwhile can you recommend a few shows to me ?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jan 28, 2018
rationalmind:

You just brought back a very funny memory with the bolded when my main line for calls was Glo.

I was a trainee engineer sent out to understudy another engineer somewhere in the South South after the usual classroom training in Lag.

On this particular day, he had a whole lot of faults to resolve and was told to assign one of them to me. I had no idea what to do and asked him for assistance, his reply was, call me from site.

Na so I begin go site o. Got there, customer was so happy to see me, he started lamenting how the downtime had affected their operations and how he was relived to finally see me. Me wey no know wetin I con do grin

Brought out my phone to call my assigned engineer, no network on my phone. Asked the customer to assist with his own phone, he said he left it in the staff quarters. I begin sweat grin

Customer in front of me, waiting for me to do my thing, me in front of their radio, waiting for manna from heaven grin

I'll leave you to imagine what happened, I no wan talk am grin

Anyway, I got back, re-assigned my Mtn line as my major and official and that was the beginning of the end of Glo for me.

Hehehe. Chai! Glo don do you strong thing oo. grin grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jan 28, 2018
ladej:
meanwhile can you recommend a few shows to me ?

Well, since you like Breaking Bad, you might find this newer shows right up your alley.

- Godless
- McMafia
- Ozark
- StartUp
- Berlin Station
- The Detour
- Search Party
- Manhunt: Unabomber
- End Of The F****ing World
- Sneaky Pete
- Goliath
- Line Of Duty (Highly recommended)
- Mad Men (US)
- The Son
- Snowfall
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jan 28, 2018
@koice

Mcmafia really worth it? On a scale of 10?

Btw, can we discuss Gomorra now? sad
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Dalek(m): 6:49pm On Jan 28, 2018
shoyemiayodeji:

What series is this?

The X-Files
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by cao(f): 7:32pm On Jan 28, 2018
One Day at a Time.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jan 28, 2018
Dalek:

The X-Files

What is the Genre?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by donstormy: 8:37pm On Jan 28, 2018
hello fanz wadup check out thiz banger titled Demoney by donstormy........#swear it you gonna love it

http://www.ugbahints.com/media/musicaudios/selected?id=de-money

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Dalek(m): 9:56pm On Jan 28, 2018
shoyemiayodeji:

What is the Genre?

Sci-fi
Government Conspiracy
Aliens
Strange Stuffs

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jan 28, 2018
Two episodes to go on Gomorra
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by cao(f): 11:07pm On Jan 28, 2018
The Good Place.

"Was it a nice grab or a bad grab?"
"A bad grab."
"Like a nice bad grab or a mean bad grab?"

Jason, I just can't deal with you right now...
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by fizzyf4: 5:24am On Jan 29, 2018
Outlander
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by introvertme: 5:31am On Jan 29, 2018
Dalek:

Sci-fi Government Conspiracy Aliens Strange Stuffs
na so X-files confuse you grin
You just pack other stuffs join the answer (sci-fi)
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 6:12am On Jan 29, 2018
Waco...for those who love "psychological" thrillers. Acting is great, dialogue is superb. Will give it a 9/10.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 6:23am On Jan 29, 2018
Gungnir:
@koice

Mcmafia really worth it? On a scale of 10?

Btw, can we discuss Gomorra now? sad

McMafia is decent enough. It's nothing special but entertaining enough as to grab your attention for long stretches - thus, binge worthy. It's a solid 6.9/10 in my books. Gomorrah is way better, but then, not all crime shows are like Gomorrah.

Speaking of the Devil, I don't like the way S03 concluded... I didn't see that one coming. The most likable character in the show has been killed off, and now I've to look forward to a S04 without Ciro Di Marzio. >embarassed
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 6:32am On Jan 29, 2018
rationalmind:
Waco...for those who love "psychological" thrillers. Acting is great, dialogue is superb. Will give it a 9/10.

Surely, it's too early to judge, yes? At least, wait till 4 more episodes before you make your verdict.

Sometimes, shows start off strong only to drag to a close.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 7:09am On Jan 29, 2018
koice:

Surely, it's too early to judge, yes? At least, wait till 4 more episodes before you make your verdict.

Sometimes, shows start off strong only to drag to a close.

This is very true. Guess I was too ecstatic smiley

There are specific scenes(when he brainwashes his followers) I find very interesting and hope to see over the entire course of the series.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 7:20am On Jan 29, 2018
rationalmind:

This is very true. Guess I was too ecstatic smiley

There are specific scenes(when he brainwashes his followers) I find very interesting and hope to see over the entire course of the series.

Yeah, I'm into that kind of shows myself, but I'ma hold off on watching it till it's over. Nothing gives me greater satisfaction than been in total control when bingeing on shows. No waiting till the following week to see what happens next, no suspense. Maximum satisfaction. smiley
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 7:29am On Jan 29, 2018
koice:

Yeah, I'm into that kind of shows myself, but I'ma hold off on watching it till it's over. Nothing gives me greater satisfaction than been in total control when bingeing on shows. No waiting till the following week to see what happens next, no suspense. Maximum satisfaction. smiley

Nice one but beware of spoilers on this thread.

You'll have to skip past posts as I skip past yours and blackfyre when you guys talk about Gomorrah grin.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 7:46am On Jan 29, 2018
rationalmind:

Nice one but beware of spoilers on this thread.

You'll have to skip past posts as I skip past yours and blackfyre when you guys talk about Gomorrah grin.

Mehn, I don't know... spoilers have never really bothered me tbh. I'd rather people hype a show before I watch it than everyone keeping mute about it.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by ladej(m): 9:08am On Jan 29, 2018
koice:

Well, since you like Breaking Bad, you might find this newer shows right up your alley.

- Godless
- McMafia
- Ozark
- StartUp
- Berlin Station
- The Detour
- Search Party
- Manhunt: Unabomber
- End Of The F****ing World
- Sneaky Pete
- Goliath
- Line Of Duty (Highly recommended)
- Mad Men (US)
- The Son
- Snowfall
thanks. I haven't seen any. Finishing off scandal (s5) at the moment. It's ridiculous but it's also TV. Have you seen the following ?

The leftovers
The night of
The night manager
Six feet under
Damages
Billions
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 11:01am On Jan 29, 2018
koice:

McMafia is decent enough. It's nothing special but entertaining enough as to grab your attention for long stretches - thus, binge worthy. It's a solid 6.9/10 in my books. Gomorrah is way better, but then, not all crime shows are like Gomorrah.

Speaking of the Devil, I don't like the way S03 concluded... I didn't see that one coming. The most likable character in the show has been killed off, and now I've to look forward to a S04 without Ciro Di Marzio. >embarassed

Mehn Gomorra deserves an award. True story telling, you feel everything within your bones.

Alot of characters went with season 3, in unexpected ways. Finally what we talked about was pointed out at the end of the series. As a matter of fact it was even advised by Ciro, "interests should always come first before feelings".

One thing I noted is that, people from privilege backgrounds are inclined to take on feelings than to look at things on strictly interest basis. Ciro made a jest when Gennaro and Enzo where about to have a go at it, he scoffed at them being typical sons of druglords and said he coming from nowhere made him understand what it took or is necessary to succeed in that business. It's funny how he played a pivotal role in wiping out most of the kingpins, from Pietro Savastano to the Wizard and many others.

I guess there aint no loyalty anywhere, it's just where interest aligns, I find it hard to accept tho, but life has seemed to repeatedly prove this point.

Indeed, Gomorra is not like any other series of its kind. I actually prefer it to Narcos.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jan 29, 2018
Beyond
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jan 29, 2018
@Gungnir, in organized crime, common interests supersede feelings. It's common sense really. For instance, pacts are needed to stop turf war from spiralling out of control, breed money and get police attention, etc. There are no real loyalty amongst these guys, just shared interest brought together by common goals.

I'm still a little pissed they pull a GoT on Ciro, but I get why his death had to happen. It was symbolic.

He lost his wife and daughter and from that moment, he lost all interest in life and whatever it may have to offer... he was a ghost.

Then, he met Enzo, in whom he gleamed a shriver of his younger self - someone who is brave as well as intelligent, and foremost, cared for those around him. Eventually, he developed a caring attitude towards him (Enzo).

On Gennaro, he saw that he has a wife and child, and just couldn't let Genny go through the agony of losing his family like he (Ciro) did - a loss that consumed his very soul - and thus, he made the ultimate sacrifice, so that Enzo and Genny can trust themselves enough to work together, but more importantly, he sacrificed himself so that Genny can survive and be with his wife and kid, because as Ciro came to understand far too late, FAMILY IS EVERYTHING.

Narcos is not even in my top 15 list of the G.O.A.T, Gomorrah is in my top 5.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Dalek(m): 3:01pm On Jan 29, 2018
introvertme:

see ehn, since small wen i dey watch dat show for silverbird. na everything dem dey pack inside... watin dem never do??
*Bigfoot
*Aliens
*Shapeshifter

Season 11 now, each episode na another wahala.. cheesy grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jan 29, 2018
ladej:
thanks. I haven't seen any. Finishing off scandal (s5) at the moment. It's ridiculous but it's also TV. Have you seen the following ?

The leftovers
The night of
The night manager
Six feet under
Damages
Billions

Yeah, I have watched all. In my order of hierarchy, The Leftovers top the list, followed by Six Feet Under. Both shows are as bleak as they come. Damages is a riveting legal drama, and sometimes push the boundaries between crime and justice. Night Manager is a sleek spy thriller starring two very talented Hollywood big boys, Hugh Laurie and Tom Hindleston. Coming up next on 5th position is The Night Of. It's a captivating whodunnit mystery that would keep you guessing even after the final closing credits. Finally, Billions brings up the rear. It's about 2 megalomaniacs that absolutely despise each other and would do just about anything to one-up the other. It's a captivating watch.

These are all top shows with high production values.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jan 29, 2018
introvertme:

Well, tbh, the X-files belongs to a lot of genre: Sci-fi, Horror, Drama, Psychology, Mystery, Procedural, Noir...
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jan 29, 2018
Shameless (US)

Season 8.

Binge mode activated!

3 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kanurii: 5:20pm On Jan 29, 2018
introvertme:

Use this one

Thank you sir
But
This site is slow as fuc.k

Or is it just me

Episode 1 took me almost 4hrs to download while other downloas are running at 2mbps
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by PCGamesLab(m): 5:21pm On Jan 29, 2018
Currently watching THE ARROW

(1) (2) (3) ... (939) (940) (941) (942) (943) (944) (945) ... (2841) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: lovewins and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.