Stats: 3,162,046 members, 7,849,224 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 04:38 PM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (943) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3566384 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (940) (941) (942) (943) (944) (945) (946) ... (2831) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jan 29, 2018
Koice

I will have to disagree with you on the part you said family is everything. That part isnt true at all. Family is everything ONLY WHEN CONVENIENT. It's the core fact I was talking bout loyalty.

If you remember a part where Genny was speaking with that is college grad friend where he said the watch his father gave him felt part of the family and Genny said only orphans think there is an advantage to being part of a family. What Genny said there is absolute truth if you look at it critically.

If family was everything or sacred, Genny wouldn't conspire to kill his father, Azzura won't conspire to have her father killed, if Enzo had not been blinded about wanting to avenge family he wouldn't have come close to death in the face or eye so to speak. There are many instances where family was only so as is convenient. If you also look at it, Ciro succeeded so much after he lost his family. Dude had nothing to lose but had all to fight for.

This is a point that Kyser Sose also made when he killed his own family himself when he was threatened by them. There is a reason why they say a man who has nothing to lose is a very dangerous man.

If you also note something Genny said when he explained why Ciro was called Immortal. He had no family has he had lost all from birth which made him effective and gain so much reputation. They came for Enzo sis, they came for Genny family but the men who don't care about their own family or hold sentiments to them are the ones who come out victorious in the end. The moment Ciro had a family he became just as vunerable as anybody else and less calculative.

Like you said, interests over rides how their world runs or perhaps life generally and to succeed in it, a man must be able to cut down anybody even if the very mother who births him into this world crosses him or before she attempts to sef.

Anybody should be fair game! If you choose such life path, you shouldn't hold to any moral code or sentiments. Anything should be killable to you, no sacred cow anywhere.

Yeah, I do agree with the symbolism of Ciro death and his reasons. Dude already made it known from the time he referred to Genny as 'you' rather than 'us' or 'we' when they had a convo.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by introvertme: 6:10pm On Jan 29, 2018
rationalmind:
Waco...for those who love "psychological" thrillers. Acting is great, dialogue is superb. Will give it a 9/10.

finally grin

I've been waiting for it.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Lalaski001: 6:48pm On Jan 29, 2018
please I am new hear, can some recommend some interesting series for me??

I need series that are closely related to

GoT
Rome
Spartacus
Vikings, etc.

something very brutal,bloody, sexual, heartbreaking etc.

I used to follow rome, but can't remember where I stopped, I think they stopped the show too, any one with into on the show can let me know please.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by cao(f): 7:44pm On Jan 29, 2018
The Indian Detective.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jan 29, 2018
cao:
The Indian Detective.

Which kain series you dey watch sef?...undecided Don't you watch Vikings, ACS, all these series we see often here. Just odd series all the time...undecided
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by introvertme: 8:10pm On Jan 29, 2018
Lalaski001:

GoT
Rome
Spartacus
Vikings, etc.

I used to follow rome, but can't remember where I stopped, I think they stopped the show too, any one with into on the show can let me know please.

The last kingdom
Borgias
The tudors
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaziar: 8:19pm On Jan 29, 2018
Just cooling my heels with ROSEWOOD. Great show twas cancelled after the second season though. I guess it was too cliche for viewers not me, I can't get enough of shows where pretty female cop meets brilliant guy and a slow burner relationship inbetween like castle, mentalist etc. You get the gist.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Lalaski001: 8:24pm On Jan 29, 2018
introvertme:

The last kingdom
Borgias
The tudors

Thanks, I have seen The last kingdom, it's not really good, it's just ok. Won't continue it.

what's Borgias and Tudors like, can they be compared to the likes of GoT and Spatacus ?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jan 29, 2018
Gungnir, you're not looking at this critical enough.

One of the most importantly themes of this entire show is how a life in the mafia can eat you up, grind you down and spit you out. It transcends interest, loyalty and family. It's a grey area. But don't underestimate the strong bond of brotherhood, of family, of kinship.

First: The guy Ciro was in episode 1 of season 1 is a far cry from the one we saw in S03. Ciro sacrificed his morals, time, money, effort, lifestyle, and those closest to him - wife and daughter - all so he could avenge the death of Attilio. Now, why would he have sacrificed so much if loyalty towards family is a something of convenience, huh? He wanted to topple the monster (Don Pietro), and in doing so became one himself. Bottom line, the loss of his father figure and mentor, Attilio, sent him on a warpath.

2nd: Ciro and Genny has always had a connection, and it was the central tenet of the entire season. From childhood friends to mentor and pupil, then, at war. Genny knew his father is out of control, and broke the law of the underworld by killing Ciro's daughter. He knew he has to protect HIS FAMILY from his own Father. Giving Ciro his gun to kill Don Pietro worked out for everyone involved. A win-win really, and... necessary. Then, Ciro and Genny reconciling as brothers. Ciro even said "It was nice to walk together for a bit", before Genny eventually had to kill him to SAVE his own WIFE & CHILD.

Bottom line: Ciro lost his family, became a monster, then redeemed himself by sacrificing his life so that Gennaro can save his own family.

FAMILY IS EVERYTHING.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by introvertme: 8:39pm On Jan 29, 2018
Lalaski001:

Thanks, I have seen The last kingdom, it's not really good, it's just ok. Won't continue it.

what's Borgias and Tudors like, can they be compared to the likes of GoT and Spatacus ?

Then there's no need watching Borgia's and Tudors because they aren't filled with the gore you thirst for.

You can try merlin,black sails,bastard executioner and white princess,there really isn't any show like game of thrones though.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by introvertme: 8:42pm On Jan 29, 2018
Kanurii:

Thank you sir
But
This site is slow as fuc.k

Or is it just me

Episode 1 took me almost 4hrs to download while other downloas are running at 2mbps

if it's still slow after downloading 2 more episodes, tell me.
I'll look for an owepenlooad link

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jan 29, 2018
introvertme:

if it's still slow after downloading 2 more episodes, tell me.
I'll look for an owepenlooad link

Why did you spell it like that na? The fear of antispambot is the beginning of wisdom. grin grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by cao(f): 8:56pm On Jan 29, 2018
Gungnir:

Which kain series you dey watch sef?...undecided Don't you watch Vikings, ACS, all these series we see often here. Just odd series all the time...undecided
So? Why does it bother you?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Lalaski001: 9:28pm On Jan 29, 2018
introvertme:

Then there's no need watching Borgia's and Tudors because they aren't filled with the gore you thirst for.

You can try merlin,black sails,bastard executioner and white princess,there really isn't any show like game of thrones though.

I have seen Merlin and Black sails.....
how is The bastatd Executioner, is it at least close to the likes of GoT and Spartacus in terms of bloodyness and action ?

Please give me more recommendations...
I like FBI series too, something like 24, blacklist, homeland etc.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by introvertme: 9:38pm On Jan 29, 2018
koice:

Why did you spell it like that na? The fear of antispambot is the beginning of wisdom. grin grin

That bot de frustrate me.
I post link some weeks back,e ban me.
I quickly logged out and logged in with my other account,quote the post way de request for the link, then add picture join.

I chop ban instantly

I jus drop phone go sleep.

I de suspect some mods join the bot de ban me,cos this thing is not ordinary

I fit still chop ban even with the modification
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Lalaski001: 9:39pm On Jan 29, 2018
koice:
Legal dramas.

- Damages
- The Good Wife
- The Good Fight
- Silk
- Goliath
- Boston Legal
- Suits
- The Practice
- Better Call Saul
- LA Law

I have only seen suits amongst these legal movies, which ones can you guys recommend for me that is as good or better than suits...

ps: I like movies with interesting characters!!!
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jan 29, 2018
koice:
Gungnir, you're not looking at this critical enough.

One of the most importantly themes of this entire show is how a life in the mafia can eat you up, grind you down and spit you out. It transcends interest, loyalty and family. It's a grey area. But don't underestimate the strong bond of brotherhood, of family, of kinship.

First: The guy Ciro was in episode 1 of season 1 is a far cry from the one we saw in S03. Ciro sacrificed his morals, time, money, effort, lifestyle, and those closest to him - wife and daughter - all so he could avenge the death of Attilio. Now, why would he have sacrificed so much if loyalty towards family is a something of convenience, huh? He wanted to topple the monster (Don Pietro), and in doing so became one himself. Bottom line, the loss of his father figure and mentor, Attilio, sent him on a warpath.

2nd: Ciro and Genny has always had a connection, and it was the central tenet of the entire season. From childhood friends to mentor and pupil, then, at war. Genny knew his father is out of control, and broke the law of the underworld by killing Ciro's daughter. He knew he has to protect HIS FAMILY from his own Father. Giving Ciro his gun to kill Don Pietro worked out for everyone involved. A win-win really, and... necessary. Then, Ciro and Genny reconciling as brothers. Ciro even said "It was nice to walk together for a bit", before Genny eventually had to kill him to SAVE his own WIFE & CHILD.

Bottom line: Ciro lost his family, became a monster, then redeemed himself by sacrificing his life so that Gennaro can save his own family.

FAMILY IS EVERYTHING.

I know Ciro is your fav character and I meant family as blood relation.

The examples you cited proved my point. Despite Genny being a son to Pietro, he still allowed his father killed for personal interest that came first to him which is his family. Family should trump whatever underworld code his father broke if family was that important. Same as Azzurre betraying her father for her husband. If Avitabile had not put family first and killed Genny when he had the chance, he will most likely be alive to see his grandson become a man. I even wrote in my previous post that he should have crippled Genny, you don't do that to a man and allow him remain the same.

My point is, you remain family for as long as your interest aligns with theirs, the moment it negates or doesn't preserve the said individual, a move is always made like Genny did to his father, did to Enzo sister, Azzurre did to her father despite Genny stealing from him and imposing himself in his family.

True, family is often used to settle points or start feuds but this is when one goes against the others family this is when they remember family is sacred but when interest neccessitates that they kill their own family to preserve themselves, they do so in an instant.

Even Ciro stated the fact when he said, interest which was his family should come first before feelings which was Attilo he avenged that cost him what should have come first and was his true family. This is why I say, to the victorious or effective one in their business must not hold any family sentiments or entanglement as that will eventually work against him.

If Ciro had a family, he would never had play such games with Genny but he had nothing to live for again hence why he played it that way and was that successful than ever before as was noted, no one from their district had ever controlled the centre of Naples alone.

They remain family to each other as is convenient to each other, if interests necessitates they kill their own family, so far they haven't proven not to always do so.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jan 29, 2018
cao:

So? Why does it bother you?

It doesn't oh, looking forward to the day you post a series we can get into a debate for...
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by cao(f): 10:46pm On Jan 29, 2018
Gungnir:

It doesn't oh, looking forward to the day you post a series we can get into a debate for...
It does, 'cause you'd have never mentioned it in the first place.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by cao(f): 10:48pm On Jan 29, 2018
Star Trek: Discovery.

Oh, Lorca came out to play. Talk about long con, that guy knows how to commit.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jan 29, 2018
cao:

It does, 'cause you'd have never mentioned it in the first place.
Didn't mention it because I was observing you and perhaps one day you will post something i could engage you in...
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by cao(f): 11:24pm On Jan 29, 2018
Gungnir:

Didn't mention it because I was observing you and perhaps one day you will post something i could engage you in...
But, today it was itching you, you had to scratch.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kurupt01: 12:26am On Jan 30, 2018
To all the comedy lovers out there
Check out
Wrecked
Norsemen
Your'e the worst
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by nonut: 1:26am On Jan 30, 2018

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 5:56am On Jan 30, 2018
cao:

But, today it was itching you, you had to scratch.

Madam, no vex carry on with your series.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by aliondo: 8:15am On Jan 30, 2018
Lalaski001:

GoT
Rome
Spartacus
Vikings, etc.

Have you seen SHOOTER,QUEEN OF THE SOUTH,THE WIRE etc?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by nifemi01(m): 8:33am On Jan 30, 2018
Someone Pls help me with the download link or site for 'hunting Hitler' and 'chain of command'.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by isaiah9(m): 8:50am On Jan 30, 2018
Gungnir:
@koice

Mcmafia really worth it? On a scale of 10?

Btw, can we discuss Gomorra now? sad
mcmafia is dope
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by ladej(m): 8:59am On Jan 30, 2018
koice:

Yeah, I have watched all. In my order of hierarchy, The Leftovers top the list, followed by Six Feet Under. Both shows are as bleak as they come. Damages is a riveting legal drama, and sometimes push the boundaries between crime and justice. Night Manager is a sleek spy thriller starring two very talented Hollywood big boys, Hugh Laurie and Tom Hindleston. Coming up next on 5th position is The Night Of. It's a captivating whodunnit mystery that would keep you guessing even after the final closing credits. Finally, Billions brings up the rear. It's about 2 megalomaniacs that absolutely despise each other and would do just about anything to one-up the other. It's a captivating watch.

These are all top shows with high production values.
yes sir ! I have watched all as well. Good analysis I completely agree with. Top notch writing as well. I was surprised how good better call Saul is considering its a prequel to breaking bad. Then again Vince Gilligan is quality !
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by cao(f): 10:31am On Jan 30, 2018
Gungnir:

Madam, no vex carry on with your series.
Like I was going to stop before...
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 11:47am On Jan 30, 2018
cao:

Like I was going to stop before...

Okay..
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by alonso2214(m): 3:45pm On Jan 30, 2018
Lalaski001:

I have seen Merlin and Black sails.....
how is The bastatd Executioner, is it at least close to the likes of GoT and Spartacus in terms of bloodyness and action ?

Please give me more recommendations...
I like FBI series too, something like 24, blacklist, homeland etc.
go watch the brave...s.w.a.t...mcmafia... this 3 movies is making my day go round..

(1) (2) (3) ... (940) (941) (942) (943) (944) (945) (946) ... (2831) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65