Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,729 members, 7,816,999 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:37 PM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (968) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3517879 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (965) (966) (967) (968) (969) (970) (971) ... (2819) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 12:00am On Mar 06, 2018
Just finished Waco

I was so heart struck by that Gary fella. Dude read the whole situation well and was paying close attention as well as following their thought pattern. Going along with the flow as it is needed.

Very messed up situation caused by two stubborn heads. Koresh and Mitch.

Btw, got me interested to read the seven seals
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by xross(m): 5:30am On Mar 06, 2018
koice:

- Happy!
- Get Shorty
- Strike
- Cardinal
- Gangland Undercover
- Waco
- Search Party
- StartUp
- Money Heist
- Gomorrah
- Channel Zero
- Snowfall
- Liar
- Apple Tree Yard
- McMafia
- Counterpart (2 episodes remaining)

Correct
I see ur hand

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by introvertme: 6:26am On Mar 06, 2018
SAMBHOSS:

lol...na WiFi oh...biko.....
mk I use my normal mb....u wan kill megrin
na WiFigrin
I suspect
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 6:45am On Mar 06, 2018
Blackfyre:
Just finished Waco

I was so heart struck by that Gary fella. Dude read the whole situation well and was paying close attention as well as following their thought pattern. Going along with the flow as it is needed.

Very messed up situation caused by two stubborn heads. Koresh and Mitch.

Btw, got me interested to read the seven seals

Religion has done more harm than good for this world ah swear. Koresh completely brainwashed his followers making them believe he's the lamb in the book of revelation. Stopped most of them from surrendering, because he convinced them that it's the breaking of the 5th seal. The man's charismatic and all, but couldn't they have seen behind all the flair that he's delusional? Although, I kinda felt sorry for him when they were making mockery of his delusional message on national tv.

Thibs survived because he didn't go all in, he remembered his Mom's advice and kept a little part of himself for himself, and ultimately, he said f**k it, and dived head first through the window to keep from getting roasted by the fire.

I blamed the ATF. They are the real f**kups. They started the whole thing, and they were the ones that were punished according to documented records.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 6:47am On Mar 06, 2018
SAMBHOSS:

I'm thinking of following it....how's it...overall

Season 1 and 3 were brilliant. Had a weak season 4. Season 5 was okay. Season 6 is presently getting a lot of rave atm.

1>2>6>3>5>4. According to the current online polls in their twitter page. Season 6 is still ongoing and may yet surpass the brilliance of 1&2.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 6:59am On Mar 06, 2018
koice:

Religion has done more harm than good for this world ah swear. Koresh completely brainwashed his followers making believe he's the lamb in the book of revelation. The man's charismatic and all, but couldn't they have seen behind all the flair that he's delusional? Thibs survived because he didn't go all in, he remembered his Mom's advice and kept a little part of himself for himself, and ultimately, he said f**k it, and dived head first through the window to keep from getting roasted by the fire.

I blamed the ATF. They are the real f**kups. They started the all sh*t.

Religion is not the problem it's those who practise it. Both the followers and leaders alike are too ignorant of what the bible teaches. Then again there are people who easily succumb to charisma of other people. They are too feeble to think for themselves. It's a tricky thing, the intricacies that led to it is more than blaming it on religion.

Those ATF turned the place to the battle of fallujah. I was just shocked at the manner they went at them, even the shots taken from the helicopter. There were some funny scenes for me, the part they bust through the window and running out through the window and falling to the ground cracked up big time...grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 7:09am On Mar 06, 2018
Blackfyre:

Religion is not the problem it's those who practise it. Both the followers and leaders alike are too ignorant of what the bible teaches. Then again there are people who easily succumb to charisma of other people. They are too feeble to think for themselves. It's a tricky thing, the intricacies that led to it is more than blaming it on religion.

Those ATF turned the place to the battle of fallujah. I was just shocked at the manner they went at them, even the shots taken from the helicopter. There were some funny scenes for me, the part they bust through the window and came out running out through the window and falling to the ground cracked up big time...grin

They didn't expect that kind of resistance. They thought it's gonna be a walk-in-the-park. I cheered for the Davidians in that scene. It was a small victory. Those ATF agents are a bunch of trigger happy psychopaths. First, they shot and killed the Wolf dogs that are only doing their duties, then they started firing on innocent women and children. And let's not forget that harmless man (that is only trying to get to his wife in the building) they shot and killed for no reason. As if that ain't enough, they destroyed the incriminating tape and lied about what actually happened on the local news channel. I was raging at the injustice of it all the whole time. I was squarely on Koresh' side till the final moments of episode 6. The whole thing is crazy and depressed me for a while.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by SAMBHOSS(m): 7:39am On Mar 06, 2018
koice:

Season 1 and 3 were brilliant. Had a weak season 4. Season 5 was okay. Season 6 is presently getting a lot of rave atm.

1>2>6>3>5>4. According to the current online polls in their twitter page. Season 6 is still ongoing and may yet surpass the brilliance of 1&2.

wow....lol...okay......but it won't be nice if I skip that season 4 rightgringrin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 8:05am On Mar 06, 2018
koice:

They didn't expect that kind of resistance. They thought it's gonna be a walk-in-the-park. I cheered for the Davidians in that scene. It was a small victory. Those ATF agents are a bunch of trigger happy psychopaths. First, they shot and killed the Wolf dogs that are only doing their duties, then they started firing on innocent women and children. And let's not forget that harmless man (that is only trying to get to his wife in the building) they shot and killed for no reason. As if that ain't enough, they destroyed the incriminating tape and lied about what actually happened on the local news channel. I was raging at the injustice of it all the whole time. I was squarely on Koresh' side till the final moments of episode 6. It whole thing is crazy and depressed me for a while.

All these things just proves America is not as perfect as most people like to use to castigate African countries. They grew to become what they are today because they learned from their past mistakes and made adjustments. Something we are yet to do in this country.

I was never with Koresh, the moment he slept with peoples wives and told them to be celibate using God as an excuse for that from like the first episode. Dude irritated me how he was twisting the whole thing to suit his narrative. So his death didn't really bother me except for the people who went with him.

Although, it pointed out something to me. People may lie using Gods name, people may even claim to be his incarnate, people may even claim to be Jesus Christ himself, in the end the truth always comes out and the person pays dearly for the deciet he had done the whole time. I always thought Gods judgement will be swift on such people but I found out God has a way he goes about his things, he is very patient almost to the point he doesn't exist at all but then he shows up when you least expect it.

The dude died a death short of whom God speaks to. I wondered, why couldn't he write the seal after he surrender? If indeed God speaks to him, why didn't he know what was to come?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 9:44am On Mar 06, 2018
Blackfyre:

All these things just proves America is not as perfect as most people like to use to castigate African countries. There grew to become what they are today because they learned from their past mistakes and made adjustments. Something we are yet to do in this country.

Whoever thinks America is perfect must have their head examined. USA has more murder rates than Nigeria or any other African country. You're more likely to die on the streets of Chicago than anywhere else in Africa. Learn from their past mistake wetin? They're still making the same mistakes again and again. Before the Waco event, similar stuffs have happened in the past whereby the authorities unwittingly escalated dicey situations instead of de-escalation. The problem is Americans worship guns (understandable as gun played a pivotal role in the American Revolution) and as such, gun violence will always be very rampart in the United States.

Blackfyre:

I was never with Koresh, the moment he slept with peoples wives and told them to be celibate using God as an excuse for that from like the first episode. Dude irritated me how he was twisting the whole thing to suit his narrative. So his death didn't really bother me except for the people who went with him.
Of course, I don't care for his building of a cult-like institution and all, but let's face it, the dude wasn't harming anyone. He wasn't forcing anyone to do what they didn't wanna do. It's not like they're a terrorist cult or anything like that. They just wanna be left alone.

And when the federals lay siege on this church and killed some of his people for no good reason, I saw that as a gross miscarriagement of justice as any person with a sliver of an empathy and moral compass would do. I mourned for those women and children that suffocated inside the bomb shelter, and for those that got roasted in the main building for something that should have been resolved reasonably peacefully, if the federal agents ain't such sonsofb****es.

Blackfyre:

The dude died a death short of whom God speaks to. I wondered, why couldn't he write the seal after he surrender? If indeed God speaks to him, why didn't he know what was to come?

Like I said before, he's delusional. Delusions of grandeur ushered in Christianity and Islam and I believe it's hypocritical to mock another delusional man that is only building from the foundations laid on by Christianity. Non-violent delusional people should be left alone, not gunned and burned down just because you want to convince the Congress not to disband your agency.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 9:48am On Mar 06, 2018
SAMBHOSS:

wow....lol...okay......but it won't be nice if I skip that season 4 rightgringrin

Season 4 isn't bad, just not as good as the others. I enjoyed it tho.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 10:07am On Mar 06, 2018
koice:

Whoever thinks America is perfect must have their head examined. USA has more murder rates than Nigeria or any other African country. You're more likely to die on the streets of Chicago than anywhere else in Africa. Learn from their past mistake wetin? They're still making the same mistakes again and again. Before the Waco event, similar stuffs have happened in the past where the authorities unwittingly escalated the situation instead of de-escalation. The problem is Americans worship guns (understandable as gun played a pivotal role in the American Revolution) and as such, gun violence will always be very rampart in the United States.

I agree with this. It follow with this pattern I observed,the method you used to acquire something will determine how you keep that thing. If you use violence, you will have to use violence to keep it. Guns are very symbolic to Americans its like swords to Arabs or Muslim caliphates. Although they have improved over the years nonetheless just their love for guns remains.

Of course, I care for his building of a cult-like institution and all, but let's face it, the dude wasn't harming anyone. He wasn't forcing anyone to do what they didn't wanna do. It's not like they're a terrorist cult or anything like that. They just wanna be left alone.

And when the federals lay siege on this church and killed some of his people for no good reason, I saw that as a gross miscarriagement of justice as any person with a sliver of an empathy and moral compass would do. I mourned for those women and children that suffocated inside the bomb shelter, and for those that got roasted in the main building for something that should have been resolved reasonably peacefully, if the federal agents ain't such sonsofb****es.

Yeah he wasn't and the show made that obvious by pointing out the laws of Texas that supported some of his actions. But i wonder what was he stock piling guns for? Why spend 200 thousand dollars to acquire arms? Why keep it a secret? I know there may be laws to back it up but i am not sure it backed that up to such magnitude as that was the tip the ATF got that made them go after him.

Think about it for a moment, if they had no weapons, the ATF would have had no course to shoot anybody. I don't know any place in the bible it says Christians should arm themselves up for whatever battle at the end time.

The ATF did mess things up because they wer just doing all that not to lose their jobs which made them show very poor tact. Never knew government can be so trigger happy on fellow citizens. It was crazy to watch, even rolling out tanks. Forget it, Americans love war. cheesy

Like I said before, he's delusional. Delusions of grandeur ushered in Christianity and Islam and I believe it's hypocritical to mock another delusional man that is only building from the foundations laid on by Christianity. Non-violent delusional people should be left alone, not gunned and burned down just because you want to convince the Congress not to disband your agency.

That's a pretty heavy accusation. I understand you agnostic and lean more to facts based scientifically proven theories. However, there is no place Christianity laid such foundation for such man to build such things. The bible foretold the coming of Jesus, foretold many things, why will the bible not foretell the coming of Mr Koresh? The last thing Jesus said before he left that he will send the comforter, which has been largely interpreted to be the Holy spirit. Many of these things have been interpreted why someone will be fooled by someone calling himself lamb of God or that God told him to take young women and peoples wives to procreate baffles me. Jesus himself did not procreate, mone of the apostles procreate. The conception of Jesus was by the holy spirit not from any intercourse, a man like Koresh will then claim himself lamb of God? That Steve guy should have seen through all of that.

Once again, it's the people who practice it that have made Christianity look so incoherent and wishy washy.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 10:33am On Mar 06, 2018
Blackfyre:

Yeah he wasn't and the show made that obvious by pointing out the laws of Texas that supported some of his actions. But i wonder what was he stock piling guns for? Why spend 200 thousand dollars to acquire arms? Why keep it a secret? I know there may be laws to back it up but i am not sure it backed that up to such magnitude as that was the tip the ATF got that made them go after him.

Think about it for a moment, if they had no weapons, the ATF would have had no course to shoot anybody. I don't know any place in the bible it says Christians should arm themselves up for whatever battle at the end time.

The ATF did mess things up because they wer just doing all that not to lose their jobs which made them show very poor tact. Never knew government can be so trigger happy on fellow citizens. It was crazy to watch, even rolling out tanks. Forget it, Americans love war. cheesy

I don't know why he was stockpiling weapons. Maybe for protection against the forces of evil at the breaking of the 8th seal? Maybe to sell in the black market to raise funds? Could be anything... didn't matter. What mattered is that the ATF f**ked up what would have been a routine serve and search.

Blackfyre:

That's a pretty heavy accusation. I understand you agnostic and lean more to facts based scientifically proven theories. However, there is no place Christianity laid such foundation for such man to build such things. The bible foretold the coming of Jesus, foretold many things, why will the bible not foretell the coming of Mr Koresh? The last thing Jesus said before he left that he will send the comforter, which has been largely interpreted to be the Holy spirit. Many of these things have been interpreted why someone will be fooled by someone calling himself lamb of God or that God told him to take young women and peoples wives to procreate baffles me. Jesus himself did not procreate, mone of the apostles procreate. The conception of Jesus was by the holy spirit not from any intercourse, a man like Koresh will then claim himself lamb of God? That Steve guy should have seen through all of that.

How did you know the Koresh isn't Jesus? Maybe Koresh is the Holy Spirit. A prophet is rarely accepted in his hometown, remember? Remember the jews are still waiting for their Messiah, but according to the christians, he's already come and gone, and will come again. Maybe he did come back but as Koresh, and was this time gunned back to kingdom come. Who knows?

Blackfyre:

Once again, it's the people who practice it that have made Christianity look so incoherent and wishy washy.

I disagree. Without man, there would have been no religion. Man invented religion and as such man is the religion he practices. When man is flawed, then, his religion (in this case christianity) becomes just as flawed.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 10:41am On Mar 06, 2018
koice:

I don't know why he was stockpiling weapons. Maybe for protection against the forces of evil at the breaking of the 8th seal? Maybe to sell in the black market to raise funds? Could be anything... didn't matter. What mattered is that the ATF f**ked up what would have been a routine serve and search.

Yes the ATF messed up at the same time, Koresh broke a law. I don't think it's legal to stockpile that number of weapons irrespective of whatever situation that may arise. All the reasons you gave for him possibly buying those weapons is illegal. Even the bible says, flee from evil. Don't even think a nuclear weapon can stop the apocalypse. If any thing, it will begin it. So what use is guns.

How did you know the Koresh isn't Jesus? Maybe Koresh is the Holy Spirit. A prophet is rarely accepted in his hometown, remember? Remember the jews are still waiting for their Messiah, but according to the christians, he's already come and gone, and will come again. Maybe he did come back but as Koresh, and was this time gunned back to kingdom come. Who knows?

Since you go by facts, the manual to Christians is their bible, nope, Koresh can never be Jesus. Also Koresh can never be the Holy spirit as it isn't a human being nor can it become a human being, it's a 'spirit'. Abomination for the holy spirit to procreate with a human. Should not even be said openly. Well that's jews, we talking Christians here.

I disagree. Without man, there would have been no religion. Man invented religion and as such man is the religion he practices. When man is flawed, then, his religion (in this case christianity) becomes just as flawed.

We will have to agree to disagree here.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 11:03am On Mar 06, 2018
Blackfyre:

Yes the ATF messed up at the same time, Koresh broke a law. I don't think it's legal to stockpile that number of weapons irrespective of whatever situation that may arise. All the reasons you gave for him possibly buying those weapons is illegal. Even the bible says, flee from evil. Don't even think a nuclear weapon can stop the apocalypse. If any thing, it will begin it. So what use is guns.

@emboldened, I was being sarcastic. It's Texas, owning a gun or unlimited amount of guns is completely legal in the lone star state. It's common to see a Texan walk down the street with a rifle slung across his shoulders or a handgun sticking out from the his belt holster. The ATF only had a case because it's against the law for an unlicensed civilian organization to hoard dangerous armories. It basically make them paramilitary or terrorist in the eyes of the law.

Your interpretation of apocalypse may deviate from his. Maybe he needed the weapons to set it off or to protect his flock. We can only speculate at this point. The fact is nobody really knew what his end game is, or if there was ever one.

Blackfyre:

Since you go by facts, the manual to Christians is their bible, nope, Koresh can never be Jesus. Also Koresh can never be the Holy spirit as it isn't a human being nor can it become a human being, it's a 'spirit'. Abomination for the holy spirit to procreate with a human. Should not even be said openly. Well that's jews, we talking Christians here.

Koresh took on the burden of procreation so as to keep other men celibate and pure. As the lamb of god in revelation, he had to make this sacrifice so as to lead his flock to eternal salvation. That's christ-like. At least, that's how he viewed it. Maybe it's an abomination to you, but to the branch davidians, he was their messiah, just like Jesus is to you.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 11:44am On Mar 06, 2018
koice:

@emboldened, I was being sarcastic. It's Texas, owning a gun or unlimited amount of guns is completely legal in the lone star state. It's common to see a Texan walk down the street with a rifle slung across his shoulders or a handgun sticking out from the his belt holster. The ATF only had a case because it's against the law for an unlicensed civilian organization to hoard dangerous armories. It basically make them paramilitary or terrorist in the eyes of the law.

Your interpretation of apocalypse may deviate from his. Maybe he needed the weapons to set it off or to protect his flock. We can only speculate at this point. The fact is nobody really knew what his end game is, or if there was ever one.

I know about owning a gun, but that number of guns? Over 200 thousand dollar worth of guns? I am damn sure there is a limit to a number of guns an individual can have. I don't even think a license is there for an individual or organization to own that worth of guns. It's just off. But anyway its America.

If he were a Christian, definition of apocalypse should be the same as the bible interprets it. Reminds me of this verse that says, we wresstle not against flesh and blood but powers and principalities in high places. Wonder where Mr Koresh kept that part. Dude was just building his own religion using Christianity as an excuse.

Koresh took on the burden of procreation so as to keep other men celibate and pure. As the lamb of god in revelation, he had to make this sacrifice so as to lead his flock to eternal salvation. That's christ-like. At least, that's how he viewed it. Maybe it's an abomination to you, but to the branch davidians, he was their messiah, just like Jesus is to you.

Except i am mistaken, he was fathering those children to make up the 24 elders that will seat and judge the world. That has to be one way to bastardize Christianity to the point of all things unreasonable. For anyone who has a good grasp of Christianity irrespective of being agnostic without any bias will see the dude was just terribly off the rails. He was in no way a Christian.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 12:06pm On Mar 06, 2018
Blackfyre:

I know about owning a gun, but that number of guns? Over 200 thousand dollar worth of guns? I am damn sure there is a limit to a number of guns an individual can have. I don't even think a license is there for an individual or organization to own that worth of guns. It's just off. But anyway its America.

If he were a Christian, definition of apocalypse should be the same as the bible interprets it. Reminds me of this verse that says, we wresstle not against flesh and blood but powers and principalities in high places. Wonder where Mr Koresh kept that part. Dude was just building his own religion using Christianity as an excuse.

Except i am mistaken, he was fathering those children to make up the 24 elders that will seat and judge the world. That has to be one way to bastardize Christianity to the point of all things unreasonable. For anyone who has a good grasp of Christianity irrespective of being agnostic without any bias will see the dude was just terribly off the rails. He was in no way a Christian.

Americans 2nd ammendment partly states "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

---------------

Koresh knows the bible more than you ever probably would. He memorized the whole book from genesis to revelation, so he probably know what he was doing, even if a tad misguided. He believed in christ, and thus, is a Christian in the barest technicality of that word. Just because he interpreted the bible differently to what you're brought up in, didn't make him a less of a Christian than you're.

Jehovah's Witnesses believed that Jesus was crucified on a stake instead of a cross. They believe that when a person dies, they cease to exist until the judgement day when their soul will be summon to be judged. They believe that ArchAngel Michael is Jesus. They also don't believe in prayers. Now, can you call them unchristian for having their own doctrines? They have millions of devout followers that do charity work around the world, but no, maybe they are evil because their interpretations of the bible don't conform to your own narratives. When you apply the same logic on Koresh, then anyone can see that theism in general is nothing but a labyrinth that confuses the mind and keep it from breaking free. It's a mind prison.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 12:36pm On Mar 06, 2018
koice:

Americans 2nd ammendment partly states "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

---------------

Koresh knows the bible more than you ever probably would. He memorized the whole book from genesis to revelation, so he probably know what he was doing, even if a tad misguided. He believed in christ, and thus, is a Christian in the barest technicality of that word. Just because he interpreted the bible differently than what you're brought up in, didn't make him a less of a Christian than you're.

Jehovah's Witnesses believed that Jesus was crucified on a stake instead of a cross. They believe that when a person dies, they cease to exist until the judgement day when their soul will be summon to be judged. They believe that ArchAngel Michael is Jesus. They also don't believe in prayers. Now, can you call them unchristian for having their own doctrines? They have millions of devout followers that do charity work around the world, but no, maybe they are evil because their interpretations of the bible don't conform to your own narratives. When you apply the same logic on Koresh, then anyone can see that theism in general is nothing but a labyrinth that confuses the mind and keep it from breaking free. It's a mind prison.

I know that law, what I don't know it supports is the extent of arms and individual or organisation like theirs can have in their possession.

Koice you are starting to sound biased and sentimental to this Koresh fella. You are an agnostic who claims without certainty that he knew what he was doing and went further to say he may be a 'tad' misguided. Coming from you who isn't a Christian sounds very biased and I am sure you see it too. I as a Christian don't have to know every verse of the bible but to understand the consistency of the bible. The bible doesn't deviate from its MO. Like God said, the smallest of his words is sacred just as the largest.

Koresh didn't just misinterpret, he personalised the experience of the bible as his own prophecy to his life. The idea he was the lamb of God is a total disrespect to the bible and to God. It says his only begotten son, meaning only one son does God have, how is it he calls himself lamb of God? Or that he will father children that will sit as judges? Questions no one of them could ask him. Dude was just turning everything upside down claiming what he isn't. The second coming of christ claims he will be descending from heaven the whole world will see him not a dude whose mom had him at the age of fourteen bullied all through his childhood. Man stop forcing this thing to make it look like the flaw of Christianity. Dude is just faulty on his own.

I wouldn't want to speak on Jehovah's witness because I have seen what they are on a personal level and I say for a fact, they ain't Christians irrespective of whatever charity work they may claim to do. Even Jesus said some people will cast out demons in his name which is no easy feat for anyone in this world but at the end of the day, he will deny them because they weren't truly his. To be a true follower of christ is much deeper than be explained.

Thing is, there is an adage in Yoruba that roughly translate, only God knows who are his true worshippers
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 12:39pm On Mar 06, 2018
If u 're a fan of EXORCIST movies..
U might wanna check out Constantine .
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 12:42pm On Mar 06, 2018
krattoss:
If u 're a fan of EXORCIST movies..
U might wanna check out Constantine .

Seen the trailer for the movie part 2 looks very interesting.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 1:33pm On Mar 06, 2018
Blackfyre:

Koice you are starting to sound biased and sentimental to this Koresh fella. You are an agnostic who claims without certainty that he knew what he was doing and went further to say he may be a 'tad' misguided. Coming from you who isn't a Christian sounds very biased and I am sure you see it too. I as a Christian don't have to know every verse of the bible but to understand the consistency of the bible. The bible doesn't deviate from its MO. Like God said, the smallest of his words is sacred just as the largest.
Biased? Not at all. My agnosticism permits me to play the devil's advocate when it's necessary. I think it's unfair that you could judge Koresh so harshly because he made your religion look bad. Yes, him been so knowledgeable with the bible is a clear litmus sign that he must have known what he was doing as regards to his faith, like any other Christian pastors out there. In this, I certainly don't think Pastor Adeboye is any better than Koresh and his own flock of sheeples, you grab?

The bible is anything but consistent. The book is all over the place in it's comical inconsistencies. In one chapter, it will encourage genocide, the next, it will condemn murderers. Let's not even go there...

Blackfyre:

Koresh didn't just misinterpret, he personalised the experience of the bible as his own prophecy to his life. The idea he was the lamb of God is a total disrespect to the bible and to God. It says his only begotten son, meaning only one son does God have, how is it he calls himself lamb of God? Or that he will father children that will sit as judges? Questions no one of them could ask him. Dude was just turning everything upside down claiming what he isn't. The second coming of christ claims he will be descending from heaven the whole world will see him not a dude whose mom had him at the age of fourteen bullied all through his childhood. Man stop forcing this thing to make it look like the flaw of Christianity. Dude is just faulty on his own.
How is it any better than some of the dubious teachings of some Nigerian Pastors nowadays? Koresh sees the gullibility of people and exploited it to the max just as many so-called elite Nigerian Pastors are doing to their congregation. Don't judge the dude until you judge your own pastor, abeg.

Blackfyre:

I wouldn't want to speak on Jehovah's witness because I have seen what they are on a personal level and I say for a fact, they ain't Christians irrespective of whatever charity work they may claim to do. Even Jesus said some people will cast out demons in his name which is no easy feat for anyone in this world but at the end of the day, he will deny them because they weren't truly his. To be a true follower of christ is much deeper than be explained.
In Islam, Sunnis don't see eye to eye with the Shias. One believe the other is not of Allah and so on. I had a muslim friend during my Uniben undergraduate days, this guy would rather dine with a jew than acknowledge a Shia muslim. That's whom you remind me of. Just because their doctrines differ slightly to your own, irrespective that they believe in Christ same as you, you would accept that the Jehovah's Witness or Koresh's Branch Davidians are demons sent out by Lucifer himself to cast aspersions. But what if you're the demon with the false doctrines? How can you even tell?

Blackfyre:

Thing is, there is an adage in Yoruba that roughly translate, only God knows who are his true worshippers

I'm glad you said this. This simple sentence completely obliterated all your previous argumentations.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 1:46pm On Mar 06, 2018
krattoss:
If u 're a fan of EXORCIST movies.. U might wanna check out Constantine .
Cancelled after only a single season.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 2:04pm On Mar 06, 2018
koice:

Biased? Not at all. My agnosticism permits me to play the devil's advocate when it's necessary. I think it's unfair that you could judge Koresh so harshly because he made your religion look bad. Yes, him been so knowledgeable with the bible is a clear litmus sign that he must have known what he was doing in regards to his faith, like any other Christian pastors out there. In this, I certainly don't think Pastor Adeboye is any better than Koresh and his own flock of sheeples, you grab?

Okay then. Knowing the bible back to front is not the same as understanding it. Koresh didn't at all. He looked at through an angle was convenient to him and gave him a sense of importance than he truly is. It was more self serving.

How is it any better than some of the dubious teachings of some Nigerian Pastors nowadays? Koresh sees the gullibility of people and exploited it to the max just as many so-called elite Nigerian Pastors are doing to their congregation. Don't judge the dude until you judge your own pastor, abeg.

My own pastor has never exploited me. I keep a very watchful eye especially concerning my beliefs and God hasn't failed to reveal things to me when there is need. True there are gullible people and there are pastors feeding off of this. The problem is people need to start believing more and reawakening their own spirituality understanding the bible. The answers to everything is there in the bible. Anything that negates what a church should stand for according to the bible, quickly change it and fool yourself no longer.

In Islam, Sunnis don't see eye to eye with the Shias. One believe the other is not of Allah and so on. I had a muslim friend during my Uniben undergraduate days, this guy would rather dine with a jew than acknowledge a Shia muslim. That's whom you remind me of. Just because their doctrines differ slightly to your own, irrespective that they believe in Christ same as you, you would accept that the Jehovah's Witness or Koresh's Branch Davidians are demons sent out by Lucifer himself to cast aspersions. But what if you're the demon with the false doctrines? How can you even tell?

I can accommodate their person but not their doctrines. Just last night a bunch of kids whose parents are muslim had a sleep over at our place and ate at our place because their mum had just put to bed. I am tolerant to their persond but never to their doctrines or doctrines that do not glorify God or undermine him. Even Jesus said a prayer, son of God oh, went to the wilderness to pray and fast. Jesus mandated us to watch and pray. Where did they get their own logic or doctrines not to pray? Be you whatever, if the fear of God is within you or at least fairness restso within your heart, kindness and love to those around you, I will be dawned not to treat you or accommodate you.

Christianity is not hard at all, just stick to the bible and what Jesus taught here on earth, you cannot go wrong with churches. But when you see pastors fly private jets living ostentatious lifestyles, when there are those who lack in their congregation, know that they are doing the things of the flesh and not of God. Why people neglect their bibles and look to men to direct them is what baffles me the most. Yes God chooses men but once he starts deviating from what the bible teaches just quietly remove yourself, I have done it a lot of times, just rather slept on my bed on those Sundays. But today I found God himself.

I'm glad you said this. This simple sentence completely obliterated all your previous argumentations.

Said that not to seem I am being conceited or a know it all. Also, not for anyone to think highly of himself as everyone is still on a path of improving his way to God till he enters his grave.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 2:09pm On Mar 06, 2018
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 2:11pm On Mar 06, 2018
Blackfyre, let's just agree to disagree. We can argue till kingdom come and none of us will be able to agree with the other. We share different views. Your faith won't allow you to see the light and mine or lack thereof won't allow me to be deceived. Cheers. grin

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 2:13pm On Mar 06, 2018
koice:
Blackfyre, let's just agree to disagree. We can argue till kingdom come and none of us will be able to agree with the other. We share different views. Your faith won't allow you to see the light and mine or lack thereof won't allow me to be deceived Cheers. grin

No problem. Cheers

The emboldened cracked me up tho grin

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 2:44pm On Mar 06, 2018
koice:

Cancelled after only a single season.
are u kidding me shocked
Why?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 3:43pm On Mar 06, 2018
krattoss:
are u kidding me shocked
Why?

Low viewership and NBC being NBC.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by wonlasewonimi: 3:48pm On Mar 06, 2018
Why is this waco not on Netflix and amazon? Where are you guys watching it.?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by introvertme: 3:59pm On Mar 06, 2018
wonlasewonimi:
Why is this waco not on Netflix and amazon? Where are you guys watching it.?

Netflix , amazon

You dey nigeria?

Cos na download we dey do for this country oo

(1) (2) (3) ... (965) (966) (967) (968) (969) (970) (971) ... (2819) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: Buzzer99 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.