Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,178 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:18 AM

Why Must They Be Killed/destroyed? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Must They Be Killed/destroyed? (1000 Views)

How To Be A Successful Man And Then Be Killed By A 21 Year Old Girl / Ifekwe Udo, Abia Church Of Satan Founder Arrested. Shrine Destroyed / Can A True Child Of God Be Killed By Corona Virus? (2) (3) (4)

Why Must They Be Killed/destroyed? by AntiChristian: 1:28pm On Aug 20, 2021
Yahweh commands Execution by Stoning
If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying, "Let us go and worship other gods" (gods that neither you nor your ancestors have known, gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other), do not yield to them or listen to them. Show them no pity. Do not spare them or shield them. You must certainly put them to death. Your hand must be the first in putting them to death, and then the hands of all the people. Stone them to death, because they tried to turn you away from the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.
Deuteronomy 13:6-10

Do not follow other gods, the gods of the peoples around you; for the Lord your God, who is among you, is a jealous God and his anger will burn against you, and he will destroy you from the face of the land.
Deuteronomy 6:14

"Whoever sacrifices to any god other than the Lord must be destroyed."Exodus 22:20

In the old testament people were to be killed or destroyed for worshiping other gods. Why do Christians go against Muslims who same as apostasy laws in their country under Islamic law?
Re: Why Must They Be Killed/destroyed? by LilMissFavvy(f): 1:35pm On Aug 20, 2021
These are old laws, no longer in use, of course you should have known there is nothing like blood sacrifice in christiandom, Jesus paid the price, stop blaspheming.
Re: Why Must They Be Killed/destroyed? by tesseract: 2:39pm On Aug 20, 2021
The op is clearly an ignorant buffoon. Common sense should have told you to do your research properly, you probably would have found out that your assertions were only valid in the old testament.
I won't help you with some sense, I'll just let you proceed in life with your ignorance.
Re: Why Must They Be Killed/destroyed? by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:47pm On Aug 20, 2021
Hello my friend, would like me to participate in the ongoing discussion? smiley
Re: Why Must They Be Killed/destroyed? by Dtruthspeaker: 2:49pm On Aug 20, 2021
AntiChristian:

Execution by Stoning...

It is better that men and stones are your enemies than to be the enemy of The All Mighty!

Fastest Way to Pain and Destruction!

It's as simple as that!
Re: Why Must They Be Killed/destroyed? by Dtruthspeaker: 2:50pm On Aug 20, 2021
LilMissFavvy:
These are old laws, no longer in use, of course you should have known there is nothing like blood sacrifice in christiandom, Jesus paid the price, stop blaspheming.

Women and their wishes!
Re: Why Must They Be Killed/destroyed? by Dtruthspeaker: 2:53pm On Aug 20, 2021
tesseract:
The op is clearly an ignorant buffoon. Common sense should have told you to do your research properly, you probably would have found out that your assertions were only valid in the old testament.
I won't help you with some sense, I'll just let you proceed in life with your ignorance.

If only you knew!
Re: Why Must They Be Killed/destroyed? by AntiChristian: 3:04pm On Aug 20, 2021
LilMissFavvy:

Yahweh's law dey old? Which laws cancels these laws in the Bible?

Show me Christendom in the Bible?

Contradiction is when you said there's nothing like blood sacrifice...but Jesus paid human blood sacrifice.

How am I blaspheming here?
Re: Why Must They Be Killed/destroyed? by AntiChristian: 3:05pm On Aug 20, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

It is better that men and stones are your enemies than to be the enemy of The All Mighty!

Fastest Way to Pain and Destruction!

It's as simple as that!

Yeah I believe so too!
Re: Why Must They Be Killed/destroyed? by Dtruthspeaker: 3:07pm On Aug 20, 2021
AntiChristian:

Yeah I believe so too!

And Obeying God, means you are making Him your friend and not an Enemy!
Re: Why Must They Be Killed/destroyed? by AntiChristian: 3:15pm On Aug 20, 2021
tesseract:

All humans are ignorant of one thing or the other. Ignorance is no abuse. But calling me a buffoon shows how Jesus-like (or uncouth) you are!

A logical/Sensible person would have quoted verses that cancelled those laws intelligently instead of appealing to abuse!

At least you can agree that the Laws are from Yahweh and Yahweh does not support terrorism?

Re: Why Must They Be Killed/destroyed? by AntiChristian: 3:17pm On Aug 20, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

And Obeying God, means you are making Him your friend and not an Enemy!

But what this Yahweh supported is what you are calling Muslims terrorists for.
Re: Why Must They Be Killed/destroyed? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:33pm On Aug 20, 2021
AntiChristian:

Hope i'm not becoming a thorn in your flesh!

So i asked you again, will you like me to join in the ongoing discussion?

I won't if you don't want me, i'll rather leave you with misinformed churchgoers so that you can continue arguing fruitlessly with them! smiley
Re: Why Must They Be Killed/destroyed? by AntiChristian: 3:40pm On Aug 20, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Hope i'm not becoming a thorn in your flesh!

So i asked you again, will you like me to join in the ongoing discussion?

I won't if you don't want me, i'll rather leave you with misinformed churchgoers so that you can continue arguing fruitlessly with them! smiley

I know you are a grandpa JW, so you need not ask to comment on my threads.
Re: Why Must They Be Killed/destroyed? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:10pm On Aug 20, 2021
AntiChristian:

I know you are a grandpa JW, so you need not ask to comment on my threads.

Thanks for the "RECOGNITION (o da mọ̀ nìyẹn)" ~ Paso's first record! smiley

The laws given to the Israelites are in two sections, one is about their health and safety while the other is about what will not be permitted when God's Kingdom come!

So when God asked the Israelites to stone a defaulter to death, it means such a person was caught in the act. Nobody knows if it was a mistake or the person has been doing such for long in secret. But one thing is sure, once the sinner is stoned to death by all adherents of God's law it will serve as a sign of cleanliness in the midst of God's people! Deuteronomy 17:7

When Jesus came he made us understand that the Old Covenant was for a purpose and it has been accomplished as the Israelites and their generations have known the things that will not be permitted in God's Kingdom. But now they have to go and TEACH other nations all that they knew about the true God. Note that the nations they're going to meet were never part of that Covenant so the rules to stone the defaulter amongst the nations to death can't be applied.
And again since another Covenant (New) is about to be sealed punishment for errors must also change. So instead of stoning the defaulter to death Christians need to ascertain whether it was a MISTAKE or a DELIBERATE act.
If it was a mistake then on the ultimate sacrifice Jesus offered the sinner would be helped to correct his mistakes and continue serving God acceptably. This is appropriate because there is going to be a resurrection of the righteous (those who have known God's righteous decrees and are ready to live by it) and the unrighteous (those who lived their lives by conscience out of God's righteous laws) the same ultimate sacrifice is what will be implied in their case otherwise none of Adam's descendants deserves to be resurrected because we are all sinners!
But if it's a deliberate act then the Christians must shun such a person as a punishment for been unrepentant of his wrongdoings!

“Moreover, if your brother commits a sin, go and reveal his fault between you and him alone. If he listens to you, you have gained your brother. But if he does not listen, take along with you one or two more, so that on the testimony of two or three witnesses every matter may be established. If he does not listen to them, speak to the congregation. If he does not listen even to the congregation, let him be to you just as a man of the nations and as a tax collector! Matthew 18:15-17

All the steps Jesus asked us to take is to help the sinner regain his consciousness, after we have confirmed that he doesn't want to continue subjecting himself to the righteousness of our God, we must all shun him {Romans 16:17; 2John 1:10-11} but we mustn't take his life! We must patiently await God's Kingdom when the angels will come to exterminate all evildoers! smiley
Re: Why Must They Be Killed/destroyed? by Galatians: 4:34pm On Aug 20, 2021
AntiChristian:

Repent
Re: Why Must They Be Killed/destroyed? by AntiChristian: 5:12pm On Aug 20, 2021
Galatians:

Repent

From what to what?

Old covenant to New Covenant?
Re: Why Must They Be Killed/destroyed? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:24pm On Aug 20, 2021
AntiChristian:

Go, look at all the times those people were Commanded to be wiped out, they drew the first punch and had orchestrated devilish plans to get Isreal to be enemies of God.

The Israelites were within their Rights but your people have no regards for Natural Rights.

Till tomorrow, you Muslims Always throw the first punch and attack a people who did nothing to you.

You people are a Murder filled group of people, Original Terrorists are you all, as the news from the northern Nigeria and Afghanistan prove continuously.

https://www.nairaland.com/6707854/taliban-thugs-carry-out-brutal.

You people are Satan's True children.

So all who speak against Muslims as Terrorist have good cause.
Re: Why Must They Be Killed/destroyed? by LilMissFavvy(f): 5:48pm On Aug 20, 2021
I said they were old laws, that the new laws do not permit blood sacrifice. Hosea 6:6, Mat. 12:17. You can check for the word Christendom, it's same as Christianity. If you like listen, if not, keep rambling.
AntiChristian:

Yahweh's law dey old? Which laws cancels these laws in the Bible?

Show me Christendom in the Bible?

Contradiction is when you said there's nothing like blood sacrifice...but Jesus paid human blood sacrifice.

How am I blaspheming here?
Re: Why Must They Be Killed/destroyed? by Uyi168: 8:44pm On Aug 20, 2021
LilMissFavvy:
He paid the price expect the one involving tithe.

He forgot that one.

Re: Why Must They Be Killed/destroyed? by kingxsamz(m): 10:23pm On Aug 20, 2021
LilMissFavvy:

Old laws, except for the ones that suits our agenda. You're right. cheesy

Re: Why Must They Be Killed/destroyed? by 1Sharon(f): 10:42pm On Aug 20, 2021
Mr I love Sharia but refuse to move to the north

Is this where you came to hide?
Re: Why Must They Be Killed/destroyed? by Kobojunkie: 10:52pm On Aug 20, 2021
kingxsamz:

Old laws, except for the ones that suits our agenda. You're right. cheesy
The Old Covenant Law of Moses, YHWH, is as written in the books or Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy, and is Law for those of the land of Canaan. undecided

The New Covenant Law , Jesus Christ, is written of in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, as Law in the Kingdom of God, a Kingdom not of this world.undecided

Two different Laws, for two different peoples in two different Kingdoms , but the same God. undecided
Re: Why Must They Be Killed/destroyed? by AntiChristian: 6:41am On Aug 21, 2021
LilMissFavvy:
I said they were old laws, that the new laws do not permit blood sacrifice. Hosea 6:6, Mat. 12:17. You can check for the word Christendom, it's same as Christianity. If you like listen, if not, keep rambling.

"Christianity" or "Christendom" doesn't exist as a word in the enter Bible. Even "Christian" was mentioned 2/3 times long after Jesus left earth.

My ramble is that your God had to send his son to be killed for others to be saved. Isn't this murder?

Re: Why Must They Be Killed/destroyed? by AntiChristian: 6:51am On Aug 21, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Go, look at all the times those people were Commanded to be wiped out, they drew the first punch and had orchestrated devilish plans to get Isreal to be enemies of God.

The Israelites were within their Rights but your people have no regards for Natural Rights.

Till tomorrow, you Muslims Always throw the first punch and attack a people who did nothing to you.

You people are a Murder filled group of people, Original Terrorists are you all, as the news from the northern Nigeria and Afghanistan prove continuously.

https://www.nairaland.com/6707854/taliban-thugs-carry-out-brutal.

You people are Satan's True children.

So all who speak against Muslims as Terrorist have good cause.

Okay, show me the verses that shows the people above threw the first punch!

The holy spirit in you will never lie.
Bring the verses here!

Hypocrisy loading!
Re: Why Must They Be Killed/destroyed? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:34am On Aug 21, 2021
AntiChristian:

Okay, show me the verses that shows the people above threw the first punch!

Bring the verses here!

Hypocrisy loading!

The Amelekites left their land and suddenly came to attack Israel while they rested at Rephidim. Exodus 17:8.

Canaan looks for Trouble. Numbers 21:1

Amorites looked for Trouble Numbers 21:21, particularly verse 23.

Same for Bashan, Moab, Midian etc Numbers 22 and 25.
Re: Why Must They Be Killed/destroyed? by AntiChristian: 8:46am On Aug 21, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

The Amelekites left their land and suddenly came to attack Israel while they rested at Rephidim. Exodus 17:8.

Canaan looks for Trouble. Numbers 21:1

Amorites looked for Trouble Numbers 21:21, particularly verse 23.

Same for Bashan, Moab, Midian etc Numbers 22 and 25.

How does this relates with what happen below? Which punch did they throw?

Execution by Stoning
If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying, "Let us go and worship other gods" (gods that neither you nor your ancestors have known, gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other), do not yield to them or listen to them. Show them no pity. Do not spare them or shield them. You must certainly put them to death. Your hand must be the first in putting them to death, and then the hands of all the people. Stone them to death, because they tried to turn you away from the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.

Do not follow other gods, the gods of the peoples around you; for the Lord your God, who is among you, is a jealous God and his anger will burn against you, and he will destroy you from the face of the land.

"Whoever sacrifices to any god other than the Lord must be destroyed."Exodus 22:20

If Boko Haram say the above Exodus verse, they are terrorists, But what is Yahweh supporting here?

Re: Why Must They Be Killed/destroyed? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:58am On Aug 21, 2021
AntiChristian:
How does this relates with what happen below? Which punch did they throw?...

You did not ask what happened below, you said I could not prove that those idiots, like your terrorist nation, did not throw the First Punch?

Here are your words below.
AntiChristian:

Okay, SHOW ME THE VERSES THAT SHOWS THE PEOPLE ABOVE THREW THE FIRST PUNCH!

Bring the verses here!

Hypocrisy loading!

You obviously suffer lack of memory.
Re: Why Must They Be Killed/destroyed? by AntiChristian: 10:37am On Aug 21, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

You did not ask what happened below, you said I could not prove that those idiots, like your terrorist nation, did not throw the First Punch?

Here are your words below.

You obviously suffer lack of memory.

The starting point was the verses I quoted! I am still on point. So it's better you answer or not!
Re: Why Must They Be Killed/destroyed? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:15am On Aug 21, 2021
AntiChristian:

The starting point was the verses I quoted! I am still on point. So it's better you answer or not!

If not for the absence of your memory, you would have seen that I have since answered you on it and you had responded to my answer.
Re: Why Must They Be Killed/destroyed? by AntiChristian: 11:19am On Aug 21, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

If not for the absence of your memory, you would have seen that I have since answered you on it and you responded.

Your words!

My words!
Okay, SHOW ME THE VERSES THAT SHOWS THE PEOPLE ABOVE THREW THE FIRST PUNCH!

Bring the verses here!

Hypocrisy loading!

The context
Execution by Stoning

Re: Why Must They Be Killed/destroyed? by McStoic(m): 4:13pm On Aug 22, 2021
AntiChristian:
Execution by Stoning

In the old testament people were to be killed or destroyed for worshiping other gods. Why do Christians go against Muslims who same as apostasy laws in their country under Islamic law?

You wan to use the very little knowledge your creator who is eternally mysterious gave you to still figure him out abi? I laugh at your type cos you can never barrack God nor intimidate Him to come down to your filthy, mortal level. Only humility and genuine open mindedness can lead you out of this destructive part.

Christianity is spiritual like the owner and founder. To understand how Christianity works, you need a spiritual assistance, because none will come your way as you ask with the wrong motives. You are a spirit first before you became flesh and blood. Start your inquest from within before running around headlessly cos you need God/Jesus Christ more than He needs you..

Caveat: Why doing all these foolish, self destructing exertions, know this, your feelings and a billion of your type has got nothing on God and His kingdom. The joke is on you cos He will still judge you on the last day. Your conscience is His witness which you can never run away from. Keep on deceiving yourself!!

Satire: An Imam stole At Shoprite / Calling Jesus A Messenger Of God, When He Is God, Is Also A Blasphemy / PHOTOS: Synagogue Marks First Anniversary Of Prophet TB Joshua's Death

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71