Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,408 members, 7,822,883 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:41 PM

Why Was I Not Picked For This Job? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why Was I Not Picked For This Job? (16549 Views)

How Do I Return This Wallet I Picked From An Interview Ground? (photos) / Why Was I Paid Lower Than My Expectation? / Unemployed Graduate Returns N556k He Picked At Accident Scene 2 Owner (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Was I Not Picked For This Job? by MrTuns: 5:05pm On Aug 21, 2021
They already had a candidate.

1 Like

Re: Why Was I Not Picked For This Job? by Ofadaman(m): 5:06pm On Aug 21, 2021
Nepotism, doesn't matter what you know or how you perform, they'd pick those who were recommended by someone in power.

The interview process were all just formalities, for instance , a recall during my service year at a big school, the owner is hardly around,so the principal runs the show with the head teachers, one time the principal recruited few people from his clan , so did the vice principal and prominent teachers , these people already resumed , but the owner of the school during a meeting asked if they have done interviews and all,so they had to do some impromptu interviews during the week, once the owner of school left, they sent rejection mail to all that was interviewed and sent employment letters to their crownies, all signed by the school owner who had no idea who the candidate he interviewed were

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Was I Not Picked For This Job? by RoyaltyQueen(f): 5:09pm On Aug 21, 2021
Why you were not picked was because you were using 4G, The hired candidate were using 5G + Strong WiFi as backup....Next time deployed every arsenal you have.

1 Like

Re: Why Was I Not Picked For This Job? by Uyi168: 5:09pm On Aug 21, 2021
Mobi47:
God favoured 2 people that didn't write the exams with your guys. Just move on....Me sef I get job without interview or anything.... I believed many applied for that same job but God picked me even without interview or anything.
Just like that.
Make una dey talk truth o.

Even corruptions favor an average Nigerian, they call it grace.

It's well o.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Was I Not Picked For This Job? by DLSReigns: 5:11pm On Aug 21, 2021
Hmmm, I appreciate how you feel but it could be worse. Yours is coming!
Re: Why Was I Not Picked For This Job? by pek(m): 5:17pm On Aug 21, 2021
This is Nigeria.
Re: Why Was I Not Picked For This Job? by Advancedman(m): 5:20pm On Aug 21, 2021
Mode4:

If what you are saying is true, then what's the essence of making us go through the rigorous interview process if they won't do it based on merit?
It's called formalities.
Re: Why Was I Not Picked For This Job? by DaRuud(m): 5:20pm On Aug 21, 2021
Mode4:

If what you are saying is true, then what's the essence of making us go through the rigorous interview process if they won't do it based on merit?
One girl out of the remaining 16 , the one with big breast must have visited the HR
Re: Why Was I Not Picked For This Job? by Ikpongiton: 5:22pm On Aug 21, 2021
PUSSYHOE:
Baba God make i tell am? Oh yes the answer my son is "man know man".
man know man for pure water private school?mbanu! how much is the salary see.?
Re: Why Was I Not Picked For This Job? by Originalsly: 5:27pm On Aug 21, 2021
Mode4:

So last two months I was invited for an interview in a new school that is about to begin by septamber, apparently a branch of one of the top missionary secondary schools in Nigeria.

I am wondering? What really happened? Why didn't they pick from amongst the six of us Just why? I'm just being curious!

I guess you made serious grammatical errors as above that made them believe you will pass on to your students. Most likely ... none of you were up to the expectations and they held another test and interview .
Re: Why Was I Not Picked For This Job? by topoftheworld(m): 5:29pm On Aug 21, 2021
Op move on boss..
I experienced such scenario this month, after rigorous exam which I was told I pass, I was expecting to hear from them, just this afternoon I went to the organization to ask what's happening, I was told by the security man that they have resume work since two weeks ago... Was down like this..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Was I Not Picked For This Job? by oshorstan(f): 5:29pm On Aug 21, 2021
Your level high pass the school.
The owner of the school cannot stand your level of intelligence, maybe ...

Cheer up bro, you will shine in the midst of Stars

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Was I Not Picked For This Job? by highbee02: 5:35pm On Aug 21, 2021
This is exactly what the DSS did to me in 2007, I was among the few lucky ones who scored 60 and above, 69 to be precise and only 15 of us qualified out of 2000 applicants. We proceeded to the interview stage in Lagos State (Ojoo Cantonment), they verified my credentials and asked me to mention the name of my coucil chairman and my senatorial district. After the interview, we were told to go and prepare for the physical training. Uptill now, we are still waiting

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Was I Not Picked For This Job? by Lewisdinho(m): 5:37pm On Aug 21, 2021
So that it will not be as if they didn't conduct any interview. That interview was a decoy, formality.
Mode4:

Re: Why Was I Not Picked For This Job? by Lewisdinho(m): 5:39pm On Aug 21, 2021
I don tell am already. It was all a decoy and for formality
BigDawsNet:
It's called strategize recruitment...
Never heard of that?

They need few candidates to take over a position...

The HR or boss has a personal candidate...
It's above the law to just bring in this favorite guys to fill in the position..

So you have to form a fake interview process with lots of steps ...

At the end...you guys go back home sleeping on false hope

While the real candidate resume office...

The HR enter the record on system" candidate are called upon and successful gone through series of interview and verification of file...we satisfies with so so so applicants records and test results...we offer him or a her a job here at so so organization"

You are just baits or decoy
Re: Why Was I Not Picked For This Job? by Lewisdinho(m): 5:40pm On Aug 21, 2021
Just move on bro. It happens everywhere in Nija
Re: Why Was I Not Picked For This Job? by obajoey(m): 5:40pm On Aug 21, 2021
Naso
Re: Why Was I Not Picked For This Job? by BluntTheApostle(m): 5:43pm On Aug 21, 2021
Mode4:
Please I need a candid explanation for this, if you have any.

I will try to be brief as much as possible.

So last two months I was invited for an interview in a new school that is about to begin by septamber, apparently a branch of one of the top missionary secondary schools in Nigeria. We were 22 in number that appeared for interview on that fateful day. The interview was for TWO subject teacher positions. I was interviewed for one of the subjects.

We all wrote a written test for one hour. At the end, according to them; Six persons emerged highest scorers. I was among the six persons. I.e, Three persons for EACH of the two subjects.

We were then subjected to an oral interview and micro teaching which lasted for about 20mins for each person. Well, I was the first. answered most of the questions that were thrown at me. I left feeling very satisfied. Just like you would write an exam and leave the hall feeling very good because you know you wrote well, that was how I felt that day.

Well, after the interview we exchanged contacts and I and the other guys have been communicating ever since. Till now no news from the HR team that interviewed us. And it's 2months already.

Well, the HR number was in the mail he sent to me for interview, So today I decided to call the HR. I was shocked to hear that the position we were interviewed for has been filled.

I am wondering? What really happened? Why didn't they pick from amongst the six of us Just why? I'm just being curious!

Why didn't they pick from among the six of you?

I can think of two possible reasons.

1. The interview was a mere formality.

If this is the case, then they already had people warm and ready to fill those positions, and so used you people for reference sake. Missionary schools are run by a board which would surely ask questions if no history of recruitment exists. So, the interview was conducted to serve as possible reference should the board wonder about recruitment history.

2. Internal candidates filled the positions

This is a possibility since the school is a branch of a bigger organization. Perhaps, the school management changed its mind, and reshuffled its staff.

For example, I started life in my present company as one of the personal chauffeurs. One of my bosses found out that I was really good with figures, and that I had a degree in mathematics and physics. Coincidentally, recruitment was ongoing at that time. I landed the post for which others had already interviewed.

But even at that, I was interviewed nonetheless.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Was I Not Picked For This Job? by BrainSanitizer: 5:46pm On Aug 21, 2021
Mode4:

Merit has so many meanings, especially in Nigeria.
Which of the meanings are you using?
Re: Why Was I Not Picked For This Job? by Lastmankc(m): 5:46pm On Aug 21, 2021
Mobi47:
God favoured 2 people that didn't write the exams with your guys. Just move on....Me sef I get job without interview or anything.... I believed many applied for that same job but God picked me even without interview or anything.
When Nigerians get things from corruption, they call it grace or favour

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Was I Not Picked For This Job? by coputa(m): 5:48pm On Aug 21, 2021
Mode4:

So last two months I was invited for an interview in a new school that is about to begin by septamber, apparently a branch of one of the top missionary secondary schools in Nigeria. We were 22 in number that appeared for interview on that fateful day. The interview was for TWO subject teacher positions. I was interviewed for one of the subjects.

We all wrote a written test for one hour. At the end, according to them; Six persons emerged highest scorers. I was among the six persons. I.e, Three persons for EACH of the two subjects.

We were then subjected to an oral interview and micro teaching which lasted for about 20mins for each person. Well, I was the first. answered most of the questions that were thrown at me. I left feeling very satisfied. Just like you would write an exam and leave the hall feeling very good because you know you wrote well, that was how I felt that day.

Well, after the interview we exchanged contacts and I and the other guys have been communicating ever since. Till now no news from the HR team that interviewed us. And it's 2months already.

Well, the HR number was in the mail he sent to me for interview, So today I decided to call the HR. I was shocked to hear that the position we were interviewed for has been filled.

Teaching is a very unique profession that anyone cannot just jump into,you might have done well in the written test, but there are other qualities they might be looking for that you may not have, like, good and neat appearance, good use of the English language, spellings among others.
These schools are looking for the best

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Was I Not Picked For This Job? by HoluGraze: 5:52pm On Aug 21, 2021
OP
This is Nigeria
Nothing seems to be right
Re: Why Was I Not Picked For This Job? by Muhylonaire007: 5:53pm On Aug 21, 2021
Lol... I was in this same scenario March last year.
It was close to the end of the term and the principal was like I can't resume now since the term has ended already and that I will resume with them and in the next term and all that is left is for the Proprietress to give him a go ahead.
Salary has been discussed, school rules and regulations as to how not to sleep with the female students has been discussed. Gbam corona virus lock down took place, and fiam my position was occupied by another person without informing me.
Wo, my brother, just move on with your life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Was I Not Picked For This Job? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Aug 21, 2021
Stop trying to justify yourself as the best candidate for the job that you didn't get. Instead use the time spent on such thought to develop yourself and keeping searching till you get a sustainable job. Focus on your success and learn from your losses.

grin grin You should listen to Falz song "This is Nigeria"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Was I Not Picked For This Job? by Sulybayus: 6:00pm On Aug 21, 2021
wait for your time
Re: Why Was I Not Picked For This Job? by ConnectPhones(m): 6:02pm On Aug 21, 2021
PUSSYHOE:

Base on merit for naija which planet you come from? We are one of the top3 most corrupt country in the world.

Re: Why Was I Not Picked For This Job? by phemmyfour: 6:04pm On Aug 21, 2021
Mode4:

Were you asked if you know anyone in the organization? That's where you lost the job...you knew nobody

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Was I Not Picked For This Job? by DollarBuddy: 6:04pm On Aug 21, 2021
Mode4:

Is so sad bro, but that's the country you found yourself in.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Was I Not Picked For This Job? by AfroKnight: 6:05pm On Aug 21, 2021
BluntTheApostle:

Why didn't they pick from among the six of you?

I can think of two possible reasons.

1. The interview was a mere formality.

If this is the case, then they already had people warm and ready to fill those positions, and so used you people for reference sake. Missionary schools are run by a board which would surely ask questions if no history of recruitment exists. So, the interview was conducted to serve as possible reference should the board wonder about recruitment history.

2. Internal candidates filled the positions

This is a possibility since the school is a branch of a bigger organization. Perhaps, the school management changed its mind, and reshuffled its staff.

For example, I started life in my present company as one of the personal chauffeurs. One of my bosses found out that I was really good with figures, and that I had a degree in mathematics and physics. Coincidentally, recruitment was ongoing at that time. I landed the post for which others had already interviewed.

But even at that, I was interviewed nonetheless.

Wow. That boss is a nice person.

Heard too many stories of bosses overlooking talented staff for promotion.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Was I Not Picked For This Job? by Lamasta(m): 6:10pm On Aug 21, 2021
Mobi47:

God did not pick you corruption did OK?
When corruption favours you lot you lots will be shouting grace grace asive we serve a partial God...Just know this that the position you are currently was robbed off from someone qualified for the position and giving to you....

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Was I Not Picked For This Job? by optimistic0001: 6:22pm On Aug 21, 2021
As a HR that I'm also operated in a British school, either your friends you guys went for the Interview are not telling you the truth if they got the job or not.

Two, top management may have decide to look at other credentials and found a more suitable person. Never the less, you maybe called back sometimes.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Was I Not Picked For This Job? by Odidigboigbo(m): 6:26pm On Aug 21, 2021
Uyi168:
Just like that.
Make una dey talk truth o.

Even corruptions favor an average Nigerian, they call it grace.

It's well o.
There shall be performance for those that believe.

Till tomorrow, God is still favouring people. I worked about six places before leaving Nigeria. Out of the the six places, it was only one I got through a relative, others are without any connection. In fact, the last one I did, I got it without any former interview and without any connection whatsoever. And you know what,it was a multinational.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Abuja Electricity Distribution Company Is Accepting Cvs / What Would You Advice Both Parties To Do In Such A Situation / LASG Approves New Entry Point For Engineers In State Public Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.