Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,792 members, 7,817,286 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:31 AM

Why Was I Not Picked For This Job? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why Was I Not Picked For This Job? (16543 Views)

How Do I Return This Wallet I Picked From An Interview Ground? (photos) / Why Was I Paid Lower Than My Expectation? / Unemployed Graduate Returns N556k He Picked At Accident Scene 2 Owner (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Was I Not Picked For This Job? by Mode4: 3:31pm On Aug 20, 2021
Please I need a candid explanation for this, if you have any.

I will try to be brief as much as possible.

So last two months I was invited for an interview in a new school that is about to begin by septamber, apparently a branch of one of the top missionary secondary schools in Nigeria. We were 22 in number that appeared for interview on that fateful day. The interview was for TWO subject teacher positions. I was interviewed for one of the subjects.

We all wrote a written test for one hour. At the end, according to them; Six persons emerged highest scorers. I was among the six persons. I.e, Three persons for EACH of the two subjects.

We were then subjected to an oral interview and micro teaching which lasted for about 20mins for each person. Well, I was the first. answered most of the questions that were thrown at me. I left feeling very satisfied. Just like you would write an exam and leave the hall feeling very good because you know you wrote well, that was how I felt that day.

Well, after the interview we exchanged contacts and I and the other guys have been communicating ever since. Till now no news from the HR team that interviewed us. And it's 2months already.

Well, the HR number was in the mail he sent to me for interview, So today I decided to call the HR. I was shocked to hear that the position we were interviewed for has been filled.

I am wondering? What really happened? Why didn't they pick from amongst the six of us Just why? I'm just being curious!

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Was I Not Picked For This Job? by Nobody: 3:38pm On Aug 20, 2021
I said it that this year is my year

Congratulations to me on my first ever FTC, after so many attempts. grin grin grin

Dear OP, notwithstanding that you guys might have performed well during the interview, its possible that a final seletion board did not find ur performance satisfactory. Its also possible that another interview was conducted after yours.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Was I Not Picked For This Job? by PUSSYHOE(m): 4:16pm On Aug 20, 2021
Baba God make i tell am? Oh yes the answer my son is "man know man".

85 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Was I Not Picked For This Job? by Mode4: 4:25pm On Aug 20, 2021
PUSSYHOE:

If what you are saying is true, then what's the essence of making us go through the rigorous interview process if they won't do it based on merit?

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Was I Not Picked For This Job? by PUSSYHOE(m): 4:26pm On Aug 20, 2021
Mode4:

If what you are saying is true, then what's the essence of making us go through the rigorous interview process if they won't do it based on merit?

Base on merit for naija which planet you come from? We are one of the top3 most corrupt country in the world.

91 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Was I Not Picked For This Job? by GenAbacha(m): 7:54pm On Aug 20, 2021
Stronger network connection at work.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Was I Not Picked For This Job? by Corroro: 7:55pm On Aug 20, 2021
Someone who knows someone must have been picked but you have already done the interview so don't worry, an opening might come up and you'll be called.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Was I Not Picked For This Job? by Mobi47(m): 8:20pm On Aug 20, 2021
God favoured 2 people that didn't write the exams with your guys. Just move on....Me sef I get job without interview or anything.... I believed many applied for that same job but God picked me even without interview or anything.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Was I Not Picked For This Job? by Nobody: 10:24pm On Aug 20, 2021
Prolly a slot from an insider filled the position.

For every vacancy, each staff gets a slot to fix his person. But they still go ahead to conduct test and interviews for formality sakes.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Was I Not Picked For This Job? by Depressed101: 12:19am On Aug 21, 2021
Who worries about an interview that didn't call you back, move on to the next one, it's their loss they didn't hire you, take it like that and chin up

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Was I Not Picked For This Job? by ClassicMan202(m): 12:44am On Aug 21, 2021
Mobi47:
God favoured 2 people that didn't write the exams with your guys. Just move on....Me sef I get job without interview or anything.... I believed many applied for that same job but God picked me even without interview or anything.

You took someone's spot and you are saying God favored you.... Which God?

57 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Was I Not Picked For This Job? by xtivin(m): 3:37am On Aug 21, 2021
Mode4:

So last two months I was invited for an interview in a new school that is about to begin by septamber, apparently a branch of one of the top missionary secondary schools in Nigeria. We were 22 in number that appeared for interview on that fateful day. The interview was for TWO subject teacher positions. I was interviewed for one of the subjects.

We all wrote a written test for one hour. At the end, according to them; Six persons emerged highest scorers. I was among the six persons. I.e, Three persons for EACH of the two subjects.

We were then subjected to an oral interview and micro teaching which lasted for about 20mins for each person. Well, I was the first. answered most of the questions that were thrown at me. I left feeling very satisfied. Just like you would write an exam and leave the hall feeling very good because you know you wrote well, that was how I felt that day.

Well, after the interview we exchanged contacts and I and the other guys have been communicating ever since. Till now no news from the HR team that interviewed us. And it's 2months already.

Well, the HR number was in the mail he sent to me for interview, So today I decided to call the HR. I was shocked to hear that the position we were interviewed for has been filled.

I am wondering? What really happened? Why didn't they pick from amongst the six of us Just why? I'm just being curious!
The job has been filled before the interview oga. What they did with you guys is cleaning up the paperwork.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Was I Not Picked For This Job? by BigDawsNet: 6:32am On Aug 21, 2021
It's called strategize recruitment...
Never heard of that?

They need few candidates to take over a position...

The HR or boss has a personal candidate...
It's above the law to just bring in this favorite guys to fill in the position..

So you have to form a fake interview process with lots of steps ...

At the end...you guys go back home sleeping on false hope

While the real candidate resume office...

The HR enter the record on system" candidate are called upon and successful gone through series of interview and verification of file...we satisfies with so so so applicants records and test results...we offer him or a her a job here at so so organization"

You are just baits or decoy

63 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Was I Not Picked For This Job? by Hausa(m): 7:47am On Aug 21, 2021
BigDawsNet:
It's called strategize recruitment...
Never heard of that?

They need few candidates to take over a position...

The HR or boss has a personal candidate...
It's above the law to just bring in this favorite guys to fill in the position..

So you have to form a fake interview process with lots of steps ...

At the end...you guys go back home sleeping on false hope

While the real candidate resume office...

The HR enter the record on system" candidate are called upon and successful gone through series of interview and verification of file...we satisfies with so so so applicants records and test results...we offer him or a her a job here at so so organization"

You are just baits or decoy
Jeez!

So this is what happens, eh?!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Was I Not Picked For This Job? by Maj196(m): 8:46am On Aug 21, 2021
Evil people. Just move on bro.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Was I Not Picked For This Job? by Danjikanbauchi: 1:06pm On Aug 21, 2021
Mode4:

Bros did you attend Guozaga Jesuit school interview ?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Was I Not Picked For This Job? by muller101(m): 2:22pm On Aug 21, 2021
Blame buhari

2 Likes

Re: Why Was I Not Picked For This Job? by DoggoneDogg: 4:55pm On Aug 21, 2021
Your tie was fake
Re: Why Was I Not Picked For This Job? by NairaMaster1(m): 4:55pm On Aug 21, 2021
You're not qualified.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Was I Not Picked For This Job? by DoggoneDogg: 4:55pm On Aug 21, 2021
Your cut off mark was 2
Re: Why Was I Not Picked For This Job? by Omooba77: 4:56pm On Aug 21, 2021
PUSSYHOE:

Your own will come, have faith in God!

2 Likes

Re: Why Was I Not Picked For This Job? by realstars: 4:56pm On Aug 21, 2021
Tqry Your Luck.
Re: Why Was I Not Picked For This Job? by DoggoneDogg: 4:56pm On Aug 21, 2021
Your surname was unknown. Change it

1 Like

Re: Why Was I Not Picked For This Job? by DoggoneDogg: 4:57pm On Aug 21, 2021
Buhari told them to pick Yusuf instead

1 Like

Re: Why Was I Not Picked For This Job? by DoggoneDogg: 4:57pm On Aug 21, 2021
Your breath stank
Re: Why Was I Not Picked For This Job? by DoggoneDogg: 4:58pm On Aug 21, 2021
The interviewer was straight & you're gay
Re: Why Was I Not Picked For This Job? by Stupidquestions: 5:01pm On Aug 21, 2021
It's will be nice if u can sue them to court..
As if u are a jjc in 9ja
Re: Why Was I Not Picked For This Job? by Mypeople2(m): 5:03pm On Aug 21, 2021
Mode4:

My guy where are you from ? Most of the job interviews and exams are just mere formality. The jobs have been given to those that didn't come for the test or interview.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Was I Not Picked For This Job? by MrHealth(m): 5:03pm On Aug 21, 2021
It happens daily.

Face it.

That's is why they always end each interview process with the saying...

" Thank You For Coming. We Will Get Back To You".

That statement is a Probability Statement.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Was I Not Picked For This Job? by Mypeople2(m): 5:04pm On Aug 21, 2021
PUSSYHOE:

Base on merit for naija which planet you come from? We are one of the top3 most corrupt country in the world.
He was there to pass time.The main guys have been chosen before the exams

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Was I Not Picked For This Job? by Brandonx(m): 5:05pm On Aug 21, 2021
lipsrsealed

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Abuja Electricity Distribution Company Is Accepting Cvs / What Would You Advice Both Parties To Do In Such A Situation / LASG Approves New Entry Point For Engineers In State Public Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.