Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,560 members, 7,823,472 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:33 AM

Why You Need To Fast More Than You Eat If You're Born Of The Spirit - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why You Need To Fast More Than You Eat If You're Born Of The Spirit (159 Views)

Ancient Greek Inscription 'Christ Born Of Mary' To Ward Off Evil Spirit Seen(Pix / Born Of Water And The Spirit And The "Kai" Connection / Have You Truly Bèen Born Of Water And Spirit ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why You Need To Fast More Than You Eat If You're Born Of The Spirit by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:19pm On Aug 20, 2021
Why You Need To Fast More Than You Eat If You're Born Of The Spirit

It's because that which born of the flesh is flesh, but that which is born of the Spirit, is spirit. John 3:6

Lately, i was finding it difficult to conclude my fasts. I would start but not wait til it was time to break, and this was unlike me.

This happened up to three times so it was gradually becoming a thing of serious concern for me, because I know the importance of fasting, and fasting has proven to be very potent and effective in my spiritual life.

During the period, I kept hearing the Spirit of God say repeatedly to me, "you are born again."

I didn't understand what it meant initially, but it was after a while that I began realize that it had to do with my fasting. That I was born again, that is to say, born of the Spirit, so I needed to fast because I'm spirit not flesh.

It was a 3-day dry fast that was becoming problematic for me, so I needed to scale it as soon as possible, because I couldn't afford to allow it linger for much longer as something i've observed is that a lot is tied my fasting.

So I had no choice but to try once again, and this time I didn't only succeed, i even added extra of over 12 hours to compensate for the delay.

It reinvigorated my spirit, and the results of the fast are already pouring in.

Hence fasting is crucial for those who are born of the Spirit, because they are not flesh but spirits, as fasting is the food for spirits.

God bless.
Re: Why You Need To Fast More Than You Eat If You're Born Of The Spirit by Nukilia: 8:04pm On Aug 20, 2021
religion and Nigerians grin grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Pray And Expect The Answer! / The Lord Will Deliver You / Struggle No More

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.