Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,464 members, 7,823,085 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

Tammy Abraham: My Main Striker Should Come From Africa – Mourinho - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Tammy Abraham: My Main Striker Should Come From Africa – Mourinho (38991 Views)

Man Untied Star Rashford Begs Solskjaer NOT To Play Him As The Main Striker / Shearer: Marcus Rashford Will Never Be The Main Striker At Manchester United / Tammy Abraham To Dump England For Nigeria, Meets Pinnick In London. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tammy Abraham: My Main Striker Should Come From Africa – Mourinho by Angelfrost(m): 9:52am On Aug 21, 2021
Faber:
Jose Mourinho is our inlaw so I understand.

The Special one have soft heart for Africans. His wife is from Angola...a childhood sweetheart of his.

They have lived together for over 30 yrs.

Adebayor
Drogba
Eto'o
Mikel
Are great African players who played under Mourinho. His love for Eto'o and Drogba no be here.

Mourinho wanted Kelechi Iheanachọ but the kind eye wey Leicester look am ehn grin grin He come know say road no dey that side. He come settle for Abraham grin grin

Truth be told, Kelechi would have been a better option at Roma than that Lanky Englishman...

However, knowing Mourinho, senior man fit turn defensive midfielder within 2 months there! grin
Re: Tammy Abraham: My Main Striker Should Come From Africa – Mourinho by richmanrichard: 9:52am On Aug 21, 2021
chiiraq802:
Real Madrid nko
Adebayor
Re: Tammy Abraham: My Main Striker Should Come From Africa – Mourinho by executive12: 9:53am On Aug 21, 2021
Nairalandian:
I thought Tammy is an English boy. But funny enough, had Mourinho said he prefers his strikers to be white, kpakam, racism talk go start.

Saint kitts and Nevis

Still of African descent.

1 Like

Re: Tammy Abraham: My Main Striker Should Come From Africa – Mourinho by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:53am On Aug 21, 2021
MrColdsweat:

Ancelloti has won 3 champions league trophies. Ancelotti is one of the few managers who meet a set of new players and draft a new football system to bring out the best from the players, unlike modern managers who have a fixed system and they look for players to fit in the system.

Yes, he has the champions league but not dominant in the league which you know shows the real ability of dominance. Champions league is for pride, league shows true performance of a coach. In the EPL, after 38 games.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tammy Abraham: My Main Striker Should Come From Africa – Mourinho by Karlovych: 9:53am On Aug 21, 2021
executive12:

Rashford- English but of African descent.
He is Caribbean, his parents, grandparents and great grandparents weren't born in Africa. I doubt he identifies with any African culture
Re: Tammy Abraham: My Main Striker Should Come From Africa – Mourinho by ouvredeparis: 9:53am On Aug 21, 2021
ikllbrokehoes:
England cool

Go back to school instead of being a troll

He said he prefers strikers of African descent (meaning strikers whose origin is from Africa.... angry angry
Re: Tammy Abraham: My Main Striker Should Come From Africa – Mourinho by Newton85: 9:54am On Aug 21, 2021
“I left, and he got new lessons from Ole Gunnar Solskjaer ,
so he forgot to score goals. It’s painful to see." Why exactly do people deliberately make things up and attribute them to popular figures? The dimwitted, fake news peddling slowpoke that made up this rubbish isn't even smart. Please, what concerns Solksjaer with Tammy Abraham? And utterly gullible clowns truly believe Mourinho granted such interview. The other day, it was idiots claiming Rihanna said what she didn't say, now it's Mourinho's turn. I guess fake news pays.
Re: Tammy Abraham: My Main Striker Should Come From Africa – Mourinho by ouvredeparis: 9:54am On Aug 21, 2021
Karlovych:
He is Caribbean, his parents, grandparents and great grandparents weren't born in Africa. I doubt he identifies with any African culture

His parents or grandparents might have come from Africa to the Caribbeans as slaves or merchants
Re: Tammy Abraham: My Main Striker Should Come From Africa – Mourinho by kenzysmith: 9:55am On Aug 21, 2021
Chigold101:

Rashford- Ghana
no he is from Trinidad and tobago
Re: Tammy Abraham: My Main Striker Should Come From Africa – Mourinho by eeetuk(m): 9:55am On Aug 21, 2021
“But my main Striker should be of African Origin, that is my lucky charm to win titles,” Mourinho who had previously coached Manchester United stated"

What a racist statement?
Making mockery of black people is nothing short of racism. Coach Mourinho should be fired for saying that people of African descent are his favorite charms. Or he should be suspended for half the season and asked to offer public apology, fullstop!

Beginning today, I will no longer watch a football match involving coach Mourinho. Enough of his lack of respect for black people.

1 Like

Re: Tammy Abraham: My Main Striker Should Come From Africa – Mourinho by Adakintroy: 9:55am On Aug 21, 2021
OJEEMAH:
If Mourinho had stayed with Inter a little longer, Juve wouldn't have won Seria A more than twice. Its good to see him pick a struggling Roma. If he gets it right, he would definitely prove a very crucial point cos that's what we all thought he would do with Spurs. Just like CR7 & M10 comparison, Pep vs Mou debate will also not end in the nearest future.

Abeg make Seria A start make I see how Mourinho go take accuse refs of supporting Juve & Inter.

Not his fan but I love him regardless

He did not pick up struggling Roma. He was sacked by spurs and had no job. Roma picked him. His glory days are long gone. he is living on past glories. That's what you get for being pride as a defensive coach. Attacking football will always win over retreating or defensive.

The likes of pochentinho, pep and klupp are still very much at the peak of football. While he is taking charge of Roma. Maybe next na Nigerian league he go see himself.
Re: Tammy Abraham: My Main Striker Should Come From Africa – Mourinho by richmanrichard: 9:56am On Aug 21, 2021
codemaniacs:

He got Emmanuel Adebayor to Real Madrid...
Benzema is of Algerian descent like Zidane...
not just algerian .he was born in africa just like viera n others
Re: Tammy Abraham: My Main Striker Should Come From Africa – Mourinho by BrainSanitizer: 9:56am On Aug 21, 2021
Karlovych:
But St Kitts is not in Africa, that was the point I was trying to make.

No, it isn't.
But Kittitians of African descent have African blood flowing in them.
From what I read in the post, that's what matters to Mourinho.

The former Tottenham manager who discloses that using strikers with African blood had been his lucky charm said that such players have aided in his winning trophies as a manager.
Re: Tammy Abraham: My Main Striker Should Come From Africa – Mourinho by Newton85: 9:56am On Aug 21, 2021
Ajayy:

When we say Blacks, we are talking about the African race or anything related to Africa, so whether you are black, white, purple or whatsoever, Africa is Black and Black is Africa
What exactly are you on about? Does what you wrote even make any sense to you? Dude, "African race" simply means BLACK. It doesn't include Amazigh (Berber) and Arab people of North Africa.
Re: Tammy Abraham: My Main Striker Should Come From Africa – Mourinho by ikllbrokehoes(m): 9:56am On Aug 21, 2021
ouvredeparis:

Go back to school instead of being a troll

He said he prefers strikers of African descent (meaning strikers whose origin is from Africa.... angry angry
Nigga f*ck off my mention, otondo!
Re: Tammy Abraham: My Main Striker Should Come From Africa – Mourinho by Newton85: 9:57am On Aug 21, 2021
Yinkusgold:

spurs - white
madrid - african descent

his major strikers have been black.
Benzema and Kane aren't Black. But aside that, Mourinho never granted such interview though.
Re: Tammy Abraham: My Main Striker Should Come From Africa – Mourinho by donbuchi1(m): 9:57am On Aug 21, 2021
Karlovych:
grin grin
Drogba- Ivory Coast
Eto'o- Cameroon
Abraham- Nigeria
McCarthy- South Africa
Rashford- ??

Ghana
Re: Tammy Abraham: My Main Striker Should Come From Africa – Mourinho by Karlovych: 9:58am On Aug 21, 2021
ouvredeparis:

His parents or grandparents might have come from Africa to the Caribbeans as slaves or merchants
That was over 200 years ago, none of Rashford's relatives are African unlike the other players that have played for Mourinho. A lot of Caucasians also have ancestors from Africa
Re: Tammy Abraham: My Main Striker Should Come From Africa – Mourinho by Ken55ng: 9:58am On Aug 21, 2021
Ashford - Jamaica
quote author=Karlovych post=105004951] grin grin
Drogba- Ivory Coast
Eto'o- Cameroon
Abraham- Nigeria
McCarthy- South Africa
Rashford- ??[/quote]
Re: Tammy Abraham: My Main Striker Should Come From Africa – Mourinho by Karlovych: 9:59am On Aug 21, 2021
donbuchi1:

Ghana
Rashford isn't Ghanaian
Re: Tammy Abraham: My Main Striker Should Come From Africa – Mourinho by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:00am On Aug 21, 2021
African Strikers Made Me – Mourinho

Mourinho said: “My success is always based on having an African striker. Without an African striker I feel like I won’t succeed.

“My belief about African strikers started with Benni Mccarthy at FC Porto whereby he scored more than 20 league goals to help me and FC Porto to win the Portuguese League title.

“In that same season he scored very important goals for me in the UEFA Champions League (UCL). That helped our careers to be well known in Europe by winning my first Champions League as a coach”

“From Portugal to Chelsea in En­gland, I find Didier Drogba. He was a great African weapon to win with me an English Premiership. I wanted Ben­ni Mccarthy to join me to partner Didier Drogba up front but at that time he was at Blackburn Rovers and he was the only hit man there. So they refused to give us Benni Mccarthy no matter the offer I put on the table.

“From Chelsea to Inter Milan, there I wanted to win the UEFA Champions League (UCL) so badly. But I only had two Ghanaian midfielders and that was not enough for me to win Champions League as I was dominating the league only.

So I sat down and thought hard about having an African striker again. I approached FC Barcelona and they will­ingly sold to me the best signing of my career – Samuel E’to O and the same sea­son with Eto’o I won Champions League.

“From Inter Milan to Real Madrid. There at Real Madrid I had all talents but the reason I didn’t win the UEFA Champions League (UCL) was because I had no African striker. I tried Emman­uel Adebayour but it was a loan move so Madrid does not like to use loan players.”

Brazil have great strikers, but if you look at them they are of African origin. I always teach new coaches on my coach­ing facilities that you must always have an African striker in your team.

“Perfect example at Manchester Unit­ed they don’t believe much in African strikers, no wonder I didn’t enjoy much success there. Some strikes gives you league titles but African strikers gives you UCL titles,” he said.

https://independent.ng/african-strikers-made-me-mourinho/
Re: Tammy Abraham: My Main Striker Should Come From Africa – Mourinho by ikllbrokehoes(m): 10:00am On Aug 21, 2021
DoggoneDogg:

Ibrahim is an Afonja-Fulani name
cheesy
Re: Tammy Abraham: My Main Striker Should Come From Africa – Mourinho by Karlovych: 10:00am On Aug 21, 2021
BrainSanitizer:

No, it isn't.
But Kittitians of African descent have African blood flowing in them.
From what I read in the post, that's what matters to Mourinho.

Okay, fair enough
Re: Tammy Abraham: My Main Striker Should Come From Africa – Mourinho by szczescie(m): 10:02am On Aug 21, 2021
Great100000:
This Nigga always go for Africa, he like black people a lot and I heard his wife is from Africa Country too.

She's from Angola
Re: Tammy Abraham: My Main Striker Should Come From Africa – Mourinho by Calibrator: 10:05am On Aug 21, 2021
Emmanuel Adebayor had a stint at Madrid under his watch, or you haven't started following football yet then?
dapsoneh:
Was Kareem Benzema of African Origin? Why did you not push for an African Striker when you were at Real Madrid?
Re: Tammy Abraham: My Main Striker Should Come From Africa – Mourinho by Juanmike(m): 10:06am On Aug 21, 2021
daddytime:
Tammy is English Mo grin
Iti, he said African descent.
Re: Tammy Abraham: My Main Striker Should Come From Africa – Mourinho by Yinkusgold: 10:07am On Aug 21, 2021
ceejay10:
his main striker at madrid was argentine. Gonzalo Higuain

Adebayor also played under him.
his strikers have been black majorly.
is it a coincidence?
Re: Tammy Abraham: My Main Striker Should Come From Africa – Mourinho by prowland(m): 10:07am On Aug 21, 2021
Angelfrost:

That old man is just a child... I feel ashamed listening to him sometimes.

This 'African' statement is another low for him. Why taint this beautiful game with such dumb talk... Haba!

A player's quality should come before his racial or ethnic background! That's just common sense!!!
While the footballing world is trying to stamp out racism, Jose is trying to stoke it up with these comments albeit unintentionally. Football has evolved but Jose is still stuck.
Re: Tammy Abraham: My Main Striker Should Come From Africa – Mourinho by zoghys: 10:07am On Aug 21, 2021
dapsoneh:
Was Kareem Benzema of African Origin? Why did you not push for an African Striker when you were at Real Madrid?

Benzema is Algerian.
Re: Tammy Abraham: My Main Striker Should Come From Africa – Mourinho by Pharovo(m): 10:07am On Aug 21, 2021
ceereelee:
Op are you sure mou said that, or your mind iz juz telling you.

Cruise hahahahaha
Re: Tammy Abraham: My Main Striker Should Come From Africa – Mourinho by daddytime(m): 10:07am On Aug 21, 2021
Juanmike:
Iti, he said African descent.

Thank you sir.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

100 Facts About The 2018 World Cup. / Free Tips Daily. Free Odds And More / Eden Hazard Leaves Real Madrid After Mutual Agreement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.