Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,589 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:35 PM

Is 1 Year Too Soon To Move On As A Widow - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is 1 Year Too Soon To Move On As A Widow (1912 Views)

Family Members Arrested For Forcefully Taking Underage Children Of A Widow / Is 6 Months Enough Or Too Early For A Widow To Start Dating? / I Made A Widow Smiled Last Night. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is 1 Year Too Soon To Move On As A Widow by Vision101(m): 1:24am On Aug 22, 2021
@InTheCloudySky

Nope, it's not. One-year mark is actually a good time to move on. Most men don't even wait that long, so you've tried. Give this guy a chance. Good luck.

@me
Yes she can move on. Why are you comparing us with women? We are not the same.
Re: Is 1 Year Too Soon To Move On As A Widow by Nobody: 8:51am On Aug 22, 2021
Fatiaaa:

Thank you. He died in September 2020 It will be a year next month I want to move on next month. Yes I was not in love with him because my parents were after his money not me but since he had married me it was his duty to take care of my needs. To be honest with you I didn't benefit from the marriage the only thing I am grateful for is my son. The new guy he is not rich he doesn't even have half of what my late husband had but I truly love him for real not after his money.
His family were right to throw you out since you and your family were only after his money or you guys thought they wouldn't notice?

Your husband died after a brief marriage and you wan claim property.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is 1 Year Too Soon To Move On As A Widow by mastermaestro(m): 10:35pm On Aug 22, 2021
theForth:

His family were right to throw you out since you and your family were only after his money or you guys thought they wouldn't notice?

Your husband died after a brief marriage and you wan claim property.

Oga, it is because most Nigerians don't exploit our marriage laws. Even if the marriage was for one day, she is legally entitled to a large chunk of her late husband's estate.
Whether she married him for money or not, it wouldn't count in the eye of the law. Don't let sentiments and ignorance becloud your sense of judgment.
She deserved to get some material benefits from that marriage.
What you feel or think means nothing if she had taken the matter to court.

4 Likes

Re: Is 1 Year Too Soon To Move On As A Widow by waywardpikin: 4:59am On Aug 23, 2021
I hope when he stops giving you money you don't get fed up sha.
Re: Is 1 Year Too Soon To Move On As A Widow by Nobody: 5:05am On Aug 23, 2021
mastermaestro:

Oga, it is because most Nigerians don't exploit our marriage laws. Even if the marriage was for one day, she is legally entitled to a large chunk of her late husband's estate.
Whether she married him for money or not, it wouldn't count in the eye of the law. Don't let sentiments and ignorance becloud your sense of judgment.
She deserved to get some material benefits from that marriage.
What you feel or think means nothing if she had taken the matter to court.

Oya since you know what to do, go and collect the properties for her na.
Re: Is 1 Year Too Soon To Move On As A Widow by Microwhy: 6:23am On Aug 23, 2021
aaking:
If is true about what u said then pls don't hesitate to do needful according to Holy Spirit directions. Will the guy marry you with your child or just for chop chop cheesy
Who tell you say she's also talking about marriage. She just want to start sampling.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is This A Waste? She Gets Moody Each Time We Met / Searching For My Biological Dad Or Family / Relocating To Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.