Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:27 AM

Bbnaija: My Brother Has Schizophrenia – Maria Breaks Down In Tears - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Bbnaija: My Brother Has Schizophrenia – Maria Breaks Down In Tears (39018 Views)

#bbnaija: Alex Breaks Down In Tears As Housemates Receive Messages From Home / BBNaija: My Parents Will Be Disappointed In Me – Bambam Apologises / #BBNaija My Biggest Regret Was Crying When Leo Was Evicted – Alex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bbnaija: My Brother Has Schizophrenia – Maria Breaks Down In Tears by Goldie16(f): 11:29am On Aug 21, 2021
OkCornel:
Interesting topic.

Schizophrenia can be triggered by environmental or genetic factors.

More awareness is needed on mental illness, rather than blaming “village people” and running to confused pastors.

https://mentalhealth-uk.org/help-and-information/conditions/schizophrenia/types-of-schizophrenia/
Exactly

2 Likes

Re: Bbnaija: My Brother Has Schizophrenia – Maria Breaks Down In Tears by elganzar(m): 11:30am On Aug 21, 2021
McOluOmo:
[s][/s] u dey thief space

Guys wey no get girlfriend get peace of mind

They don't use to beat me on my chest

Re: Bbnaija: My Brother Has Schizophrenia – Maria Breaks Down In Tears by kestolove95(m): 11:30am On Aug 21, 2021
she should not worry, let him come back to Nigeria he can still be governor, governor of Lagos is also suffering from it...no b me talk am na ambode talk am
Re: Bbnaija: My Brother Has Schizophrenia – Maria Breaks Down In Tears by koolaid87: 11:32am On Aug 21, 2021
Politicians refused to build hospitals, instead they build churches/mosques with the states' money.

Naija is finished

This is not a punishment from any imaginary being, it is, however, as a result of misplaced priorities.
Re: Bbnaija: My Brother Has Schizophrenia – Maria Breaks Down In Tears by volkswagon82: 11:33am On Aug 21, 2021
saasala:
This is something very delicate that one should be careful of revealing to the world. Schizo is highly hereditary which means that her brother got it from the family tree.

Any man with sense should avoid raising offspring from the womb of Maria to avoid having mad children. It might sound like a harsh statement but it is true.
grin grin
Re: Bbnaija: My Brother Has Schizophrenia – Maria Breaks Down In Tears by CondemnBattery(f): 11:33am On Aug 21, 2021
So sorry to hear that.
May God strengthen you and your entire family in Jesus name. Amen
Re: Bbnaija: My Brother Has Schizophrenia – Maria Breaks Down In Tears by Onyi22(f): 11:33am On Aug 21, 2021
saasala:
This is something very delicate that one should be careful of revealing to the world. Schizo is highly hereditary which means that her brother got it from the family tree.

Any man with sense should avoid raising offspring from the womb of Maria to avoid having mad children. It might sound like a harsh statement but it is true.
Abeg mumu shut up

3 Likes

Re: Bbnaija: My Brother Has Schizophrenia – Maria Breaks Down In Tears by McOluOmo: 11:34am On Aug 21, 2021
elganzar:

They don't use to beat me on my chest
sorry, collect this one....

Guys wey no get girlfriend get peace of mind

2 Likes

Re: Bbnaija: My Brother Has Schizophrenia – Maria Breaks Down In Tears by honor4me: 11:35am On Aug 21, 2021
saasala:

Oga d doc! What of those getting without a known family history?

2 Likes

Re: Bbnaija: My Brother Has Schizophrenia – Maria Breaks Down In Tears by Maj196(m): 11:36am On Aug 21, 2021
Senile dementia.
Re: Bbnaija: My Brother Has Schizophrenia – Maria Breaks Down In Tears by PHIPEX(m): 11:37am On Aug 21, 2021
saasala:

You are part of the problem why people die in silence. Everyone should run from her because her brother has it??

3 Likes

Re: Bbnaija: My Brother Has Schizophrenia – Maria Breaks Down In Tears by meetme01: 11:38am On Aug 21, 2021
saasala:

What do you know about Schizophrenia? Being Schizophrenic does not mean everyone in the family does. Keep shut and be empathetic

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bbnaija: My Brother Has Schizophrenia – Maria Breaks Down In Tears by jaxxy(m): 11:38am On Aug 21, 2021
It’s important for people to eat right, guard ur thoughts and circle, don’t overdo urself and be happy or sad bt be balanced.

4 Likes

Re: Bbnaija: My Brother Has Schizophrenia – Maria Breaks Down In Tears by ComeToJesus: 11:43am On Aug 21, 2021
saasala:

I'm sorry Sir, you no just get sense

3 Likes

Re: Bbnaija: My Brother Has Schizophrenia – Maria Breaks Down In Tears by ComeToJesus: 11:44am On Aug 21, 2021
Maj196:
Senile dementia.

Quite different from senile dementia. It's more of a split personality or dual identity disorder (DID). It's a condition marked by the presence of two or more distinct personality states within one individual. Each of these personality states may have a unique name and characteristics, including a different voice, gender, and set of mannerisms.

2 Likes

Re: Bbnaija: My Brother Has Schizophrenia – Maria Breaks Down In Tears by NoFucksToGive: 11:48am On Aug 21, 2021
[s]
saasala:

[/s]

You sound like you have schizophrenia

2 Likes

Re: Bbnaija: My Brother Has Schizophrenia – Maria Breaks Down In Tears by palsenator(m): 11:50am On Aug 21, 2021
letsfun:
Do we need to know this.. Carry your family problem

They call something mental awareness and you are asking if we need this.

Honestly I can bet my balls that you are a teenager and obviously don't understand the issue of mental health. It's not her family problem alone , it's a big challenge for those of us with members that suffer schizophrenia.

3 Likes

Re: Bbnaija: My Brother Has Schizophrenia – Maria Breaks Down In Tears by NoFucksToGive: 11:50am On Aug 21, 2021
MikeMicheal:
YOU THINK YOU WILL GET VOTES BY SHARING SAD STORIES AND CRYING?

YOU ARE DECEIVING YOURSELF.

A schizophrenia patient spotted

1 Like

Re: Bbnaija: My Brother Has Schizophrenia – Maria Breaks Down In Tears by ajbabs(m): 11:51am On Aug 21, 2021
saasala:

Causes of schizophrenia
The cause of schizophrenia is unknown, but it is usually a combination of the following factors:

Brain chemistry
Genetics
Complications at birth
Some people develop schizophrenia following a stressful event, such as the death of a loved one or the loss of a job.

Experiences like growing up in a town or city, stressful life events and moving to new a new town or country can also trigger symptoms of psychosis and schizophrenia.

There’s also a strong link between the use of strong cannabis and the development of schizophrenia.

5 Likes

Re: Bbnaija: My Brother Has Schizophrenia – Maria Breaks Down In Tears by lomprico(m): 11:52am On Aug 21, 2021
u no go win! if him like make he get leprosy
Re: Bbnaija: My Brother Has Schizophrenia – Maria Breaks Down In Tears by OGHENAOGIE(m): 11:54am On Aug 21, 2021
Cunnilingus:

My Uncle is diagnosed with same condition. I really understand how she feels. It's not easy living with people with such condition especially in Nigeria with zero awareness on Mental health. I remember years ago it first started my family kept jumping from one pastor to another, accusing enemies of having a hand etc. I kept telling them it's a mental conditions no one believed me. The response I usually got was "madness doesn’t run in our family". When they finally listened and he was admitted in the pshyc ward the difference became clear
it's tough ooo only read about it in school during elective course psychology... But I wonder how we Link everything to spiritual in Nigeria...

4 Likes

Re: Bbnaija: My Brother Has Schizophrenia – Maria Breaks Down In Tears by babyfaceafrica: 12:00pm On Aug 21, 2021
TheGiftedOne post=105017563:
Mental health has been largely overlooked on this country
. It should rank among the top welfare package for the citizenry. Alas the same people to implement all of these are at the core of its cause.

How can things increase steadily in an astronomical manner while income source is either stagnant or decreasing and you expect the populace not to go mental?

Anyways it's expected - 2 Tim 3:1-5
It has largely been overlooked everywhere

2 Likes

Re: Bbnaija: My Brother Has Schizophrenia – Maria Breaks Down In Tears by geezynoni: 12:02pm On Aug 21, 2021
letsfun:
Do we need to know this.. Carry your family problem
Like say na your papa she dey tell

2 Likes

Re: Bbnaija: My Brother Has Schizophrenia – Maria Breaks Down In Tears by Philosopher1979: 12:02pm On Aug 21, 2021
OGHENAOGIE:
it's tough ooo only read about it in school during elective course psychology... But I wonder how we Link everything to spiritual in Nigeria...

Nigerians grew up with culture and religion and not science and philosophy. So it makes us a bit backward. We are not used to philosophical and scientific enquiry.
It's like Isaac Newton is not our forefather. Our forefathers were idol worshippers, dibias and babalawos and witch doctors in the village. So just get it.

3 Likes

Re: Bbnaija: My Brother Has Schizophrenia – Maria Breaks Down In Tears by Nobody: 12:02pm On Aug 21, 2021
saasala:

Thats a big fat lie. Most times depression, over thinking causes it.
My uncle of blessed memory got it from hard drugs. The drugs turned his thinking

4 Likes

Re: Bbnaija: My Brother Has Schizophrenia – Maria Breaks Down In Tears by peacettw: 12:02pm On Aug 21, 2021
Same Maria that told Pere that it's time she cooked up some sob story to gain the viewers' empathy. Not sure it's working
Re: Bbnaija: My Brother Has Schizophrenia – Maria Breaks Down In Tears by geezynoni: 12:03pm On Aug 21, 2021
NoFucksToGive:

A schizophrenia patient spotted

Honestly.
Re: Bbnaija: My Brother Has Schizophrenia – Maria Breaks Down In Tears by peacettw: 12:04pm On Aug 21, 2021
saasala:

She isn't thinking that far.. Watch her deny this later as all part of playing the game
Re: Bbnaija: My Brother Has Schizophrenia – Maria Breaks Down In Tears by 77star: 12:22pm On Aug 21, 2021
Re: Bbnaija: My Brother Has Schizophrenia – Maria Breaks Down In Tears by od501: 12:32pm On Aug 21, 2021
Philosopher1979:

Nigerians grew up with culture and religion and not science and philosophy. So it makes us a bit backward. We are not used to philosophical and scientific enquiry.
It's like Isaac Newton is not our forefather. Our forefathers were idol worshippers, dibias and babalawos and witch doctors in the village. So just get it.

You really need to unlearn most things you were taught in schools. Are these all you know about your forefathers? This is pathetic, really sad.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bbnaija: Pere Disrespected Me – Maria Opens Up / Star Actor Of "Woman King" Jimi Odukoya Steals The Show At Premiere / BBTitans: Nana Shares Deep Kiss With Female Housemate, Nelissa (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.