Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,106 members, 7,814,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:56 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 - Travel (183) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (1254472 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) ... (1008) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Patnuel2015(m): 8:21pm On Sep 15, 2021
Generally schools are not supposed to issue CAS until 3 months to study start date
baseg25:

When did you apply, and which course?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by IAMSYLVIA: 8:25pm On Sep 15, 2021
Sheryyyy:

I had savings in place, plus support from sponsor.
I'm talking about the initial deposit to be made here in Nigeria.
As I've come across lots of UK schools in the region of £1.5k - £3k...And I've got my financial plan/budget within that range...that's what I meant.

Some schools with lower deposit may still require that you even pay up to 50% of your fees before you resume classes unlike Teesside, so check the school fees clauses well before you apply and pay to a school
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Bukunmi93: 8:26pm On Sep 15, 2021
If you are going with dependent, can you book a day 2and 8 test together and print one receipt or book it differently?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by OlanikeOba: 8:53pm On Sep 15, 2021
Ok, thank you

francis00:

You don't need to be scared, I got a mail from them that before they can attend to January intake it's till October,here is the mail
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by MizTyna(f): 9:01pm On Sep 15, 2021
Glow2Dstars:
Hello everyone.
Thank you for all the good work.
Permit me to "lay my cards on the table" and ask for your kind advice. Here goes:

I "finished" uni back in 2008 but never went back for my certificate (due to some hiccups) and went straight into entrepreneurship.
Now married with children and would like to take the UK study pathway as the primary applicant.

* What level would you advise I apply for?
* Will my SSCE certificate suffice? It's dated faaaaar back.
* Can you, please, suggest schools with a certain level of leniency in their entry requirements? No IELTS, less tuition...etc.
* I believe my husband should work while I study because his career/profession is more solid. Any contrary opinion?

Thank you in anticipation of your kind response.

Depends on your field. If you have sufficient work experience, a couple of schools will let you use that in lieu of a first degree. All the best

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Clarine: 9:20pm On Sep 15, 2021
[quote author=Princetayo5bois post=105836470][/quote]
Too much.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by midejide123: 9:24pm On Sep 15, 2021
Ipajaprince:

I think it's best you go to the center and meet a TLS staff..they will attend to you and if possible book you for walk in
Thanks bro…. I’ll get there tomorrow
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by emmynent(m): 9:26pm On Sep 15, 2021
Have you gotten your collection mail now?
tsowems:
Hello people, how are you doing?. If you applied for standard I’ll advice you call your university, they can look into the delay for you most especially if your course is starting under 7 days.
Also I did biometric on 11th aug. Got 3 decision has been made email on aug30, sept 2nd and sept 13th.

Checking my student portal now I can see my visa number expiration date and issuance date which was September 7 since Aug 11 that we’ve done biometric
Wishing everyone all the best
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Princetayo5bois(m): 9:39pm On Sep 15, 2021
Clarine:

Too much.
I’m serious pls do the calculation for me ..
My skool fees £15,500 paid £3000 to balance £12,500
Family of 4
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Ipajaprince(m): 9:46pm On Sep 15, 2021
Jaylo79:

Was it walk-in you did or you had an appointment

an appointment
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by aamey15: 9:53pm On Sep 15, 2021
Good day everyone, please i am abit new here so kindly bear with me. I did my masters in UK ( Business Analysis) in 2011 and i intend to proceed for an MBA now in 2022 but i heard that Uk has a rule that if you have done a masters before you cant progress with a new masters unless there is a clear career progression. I should also mention that I currently have my business that i have been running for over 6 years and its quite successful so i actually think i need this MBA to progress in my business.

My question is, 1, is it possible to do an MBA 10 years after concluding a masters in the uk. Does this show career progression?
2. Can i proceed with the application with the hope of going with my family (5).

Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by 1Hover1(m): 10:00pm On Sep 15, 2021
For the child to fill?
So my 2years old child sef will fill form?
If the child isn't the one filling the infos please just stick to "I am the parent of the child..." option.

Enraf:

Don’t forget you will still submit a parental consent letter for the child to fill the form.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Aikayval: 10:04pm On Sep 15, 2021
[quote author=OlanikeOba post=105849057]I deferred to Jan since August 9 and I haven't gotten a new offer. Gcu London, though.
I am seriously tired of waiting

I deferred too, and I received a new offer 2weeks ago and my profile has been updated . Same GCU London.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by MINTss: 10:08pm On Sep 15, 2021
I’m currently filling the student visa form, can someone help what address in the Uk someone with family (wife and 2kids)would use. The section of “accommodation in the Uk”

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Sheryyyy: 10:12pm On Sep 15, 2021
justwise:

Bro sorry this still doesn’t add up, if you have savings and a sponsor then £4K deposit should be part of that.

If you are struggling to deposit 4K then how can you afford school fees, maintenance money, visa fees and flight ticket.?

To study in the UK you need about £20K or more depending on the school and location

Bro if we wait to accumulate £20k stashed away somewhere in savings before making our moves...over 85% of us would never realize our dreams of schooling abroad..we gotta improvise with available disposable resources to realize our dreams.

Sometimes some of these schemes exist, its all about getting the right information, which is why I'm asking on this thread..

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Egocen: 10:40pm On Sep 15, 2021
I have no idea of how much is in the account

should I ask?
and does it mean I add that of my brother and mine?
so how much do we need now minimum

justwise:

So basically the same money your brother used for his visa application is the one you want to use?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Ebalafaa: 10:40pm On Sep 15, 2021
1.That position about an additional masters is subjective and each individual's case is different. I would say it is not a straight No. For example, I obtained a UK Masters in 2006 and I am going for my MBA this September. As long as your school is able to establish the fact that your 2nd Masters shows genuine plans for career progression ( which I believe is the case with you) , you would get your CAS and eventually your visa.

2.Yes you can as long as you can show maintenance funds enough to cover them, yourself and funds for your tuition; Inaddition that you have no adverse records against you (criminal).

Go ahead and apply. All the best.

quote author=aamey15 post=105855833]Good day everyone, please i am abit new here so kindly bear with me. I did my masters in UK ( Business Analysis) in 2011 and i intend to proceed for an MBA now in 2022 but i heard that Uk has a rule that if you have done a masters before you cant progress with a new masters unless there is a clear career progression. I should also mention that I currently have my business that i have been running for over 6 years and its quite successful so i actually think i need this MBA to progress in my business.

My question is, 1, is it possible to do an MBA 10 years after concluding a masters in the uk. Does this show career progression?
2. Can i proceed with the application with the hope of going with my family (5).

Thank you
[/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by kenzo38: 10:42pm On Sep 15, 2021
Hello house please I need clarification on this ,

Does the 20 hrs work permit limit start from the resumption date or when lecture resumes?

E.g Resumption date sep 13th , lecture begins sep 27 , can someone work full time now till the 27th
Or the 20 hours work limit is already in play from the 13th . ?

Pls I would appreciate a response to this

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Ebalafaa: 10:42pm On Sep 15, 2021
aamey15:
Good day everyone, please i am abit new here so kindly bear with me. I did my masters in UK ( Business Analysis) in 2011 and i intend to proceed for an MBA now in 2022 but i heard that Uk has a rule that if you have done a masters before you cant progress with a new masters unless there is a clear career progression. I should also mention that I currently have my business that i have been running for over 6 years and its quite successful so i actually think i need this MBA to progress in my business.

Thank you

[quote author=Ebalafaa post=105857111]1.That position about an additional masters is subjective and each individual's case is different. I would say it is not a straight No. For example, I obtained a UK Masters in 2006 and I am going for my MBA this September. As long as your school is able to establish the fact that your 2nd Masters shows genuine plans for career progression ( which I believe is the case with you) , you would get your CAS and eventually your visa.

2.Yes you can as long as you can show maintenance funds enough to cover them, yourself and funds for your tuition; Inaddition that you have no adverse records against you (criminal).

Go ahead and apply. All the best.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by kaybee3(m): 10:43pm On Sep 15, 2021
MINTss:
I’m currently filling the student visa form, can someone help what address in the Uk someone with family (wife and 2kids)would use. The section of “accommodation in the Uk”
Please use the school address

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by omoeniyan09(m): 10:46pm On Sep 15, 2021
valkaywalex:
Today hopefully, it's 5 working days already. What was the last message you received from TLS?
expect collection mail anytime from September 16th
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by vivvica(f): 10:49pm On Sep 15, 2021
kenzo38:
Hello house please I need clarification on this ,

Does the 20 hrs work permit limit start from the resumption date or when lecture resumes?

E.g Resumption date sep 13th , lecture begins sep 27 , can someone work full time now till the 27th
Or the 20 hours work limit is already in play from the 13th . ?

Pls I would appreciate a response to this

You can only work more than 20hrs during the holidays . You can’t work full time know . This is school session .

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by prettyamarh(f): 10:52pm On Sep 15, 2021
Sheryyyy:

Thanks for your input, I really appreciate.

I checked them out, Teesside university isn't listed as a beneficiary school they support.

Yeah, I'm aware. Cranfield university is a good option in the list of schools that Prodigy supports. Prodigy is a good source of finance.

It's just an option when considering funding.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by prettyamarh(f): 10:54pm On Sep 15, 2021
Patnuel2015:
Teesside University is not on the list of prodigy supported school

Yeah, sorry, I didn't get to explain further
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by viciouswoman(f): 11:03pm On Sep 15, 2021
Pls who did their biometrics 25th August VI VAC standard? My dependant got a mail from ukvi abudabi stating your visa application has been issued. since on sunday and no collection mail since till now. Today is 16th day after biometrics . Pls is this normal ?should I be worried? Pls who else did biometrics on the 25th of August? Plssssssss
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Sheryyyy: 11:06pm On Sep 15, 2021
prettyamarh:

Yeah, I'm aware. Cranfield university is a good option in the list of schools that Prodigy supports. Prodigy is a good source of finance.

It's just an option when considering funding.

Oh okay thanks.

Are they the only funding providers you know??
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by mayo47(m): 11:08pm On Sep 15, 2021
Sorry your guess is wrong
vivvica:

I guess schools know when a student has been issued visa . Just buy your ticket down for pending the time you get your passport back so you will be ready .
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by mayo47(m): 11:11pm On Sep 15, 2021
You have a wrong info. There's no rule anywhere that stops anyone from seeking a second MSc

1. Msc to MBA might be considered as career progression
2. Sure
aamey15:

Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by justwise(m): 11:20pm On Sep 15, 2021
Egocen:
I have no idea of how much is in the account

should I ask?
and does it mean I add that of my brother and mine?
so how much do we need now minimum

Read first page of this thread
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by ericpetters(m): 11:46pm On Sep 15, 2021
Sheryyyy:

Bro if we wait to accumulate £20k stashed away somewhere in savings before making our moves...over 85% of us would never realize our dreams of schooling abroad..we gotta improvise with available disposable resources to realize our dreams.

Sometimes some of these schemes exist, its all about getting the right information, which is why I'm asking on this thread..

Smart bro! Smart!

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Harleamah: 12:46am On Sep 16, 2021
Nothing yet still

Aug 30 too? Standard?

Ebunsimi:
I received decision mails for my dependents this afternoon. What about you?

(1) (2) (3) ... (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) ... (1008)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.