Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,763 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 - Travel (204) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (1258164 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) ... (1008) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Chpelu: 12:19am On Sep 19, 2021
thanks so much i appreciate
scobyy2007:
Upload POF for urself and don't have to upload that of your husband since it's not in your name

Then your husband should upload his own for himself and the kids since it covers them.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Paneka: 1:11am On Sep 19, 2021
Hallylim:
Alhamdulilahi Robbil’alamin. I’ve begged God so much to give me the grace n opportunity to be able to type this.

Visa alert! Visa alert!! Visa alert!!!
Family of 3
I see this visa as a miracle.
Application 12/08/2021
Biometrics 13/08/2021
Non straightforward mail 31st/08/2021

Then different negative thoughts started ringing in our heads.
Issues we had;
•mistake in my baby’s consent letter (could be seen as minor)
•hubby was refused in US and two other countries but we tot declaring only one was sufficient and we declared only US.

Those 4 weeks and 4 days we waited for seemed like forever. Waking up with sadness mixed with headache, anxiety, high BP, fear and all sort. But we really prayed, my mum over prayed. Alhamdulilah it’s all joy now.
In fact, it was the non straight forward mail that led me to nairaland because I just needed to mix with pple who can understand me. I mailed a number of pple privately here, all due to my fear. Standard application is indeed something to stay clear of!
I pray other waiting applicants get their visas with joy, aameen.

Congratulations. I had my biometrics on the same day. Tapping into your testimony. Safe travels.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by segunotiti(m): 1:25am On Sep 19, 2021
When she pays, they take her to an appointment page where she selects the available interview dates.

She should ensure she adds the interview contact to her contact list before the interview.

Then the interview doesn't last for more than 10 minutes.

You have to answer practically not theoretically and know every details.

theonelad:
Hi everyone, @Kenny4smart @emmynent @nattty @DeehoneyHomes @Gtessy

My sister is off to Sheffield Hallam University this January. She has been issued an unconditional offer.

I would like to know how long it takes for the pre-CAS interview if she pays her deposit by Friday? Will she be required to submit her 28-days bank statement before she would be allowed to do the interview or before CAS is issued?

I have sent an email to the University about this but we haven't heard a response.

How is the pre-CAS interview like in terms of Duration? I reckon it will be via Skype?

Thank you in advance for your response

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Babababy(m): 2:43am On Sep 19, 2021
lobsa:

Congratulations!
I think applying with dependent at the same time is a major risk factor to getting the non straight forward email and i think the email simply means “sorry we can’t review your applications right now because it’s connected to another person (dependent) I.e not straight forward and right now we have a lot on our hands,we’ll surely review your applications later though might be outside the normal time frame.”
I strongly advise that the main applicant and dependent apply at different times to avoid high BP. Dependent can apply after the main applicant is given visa.

I m afraid this is inaccurate information, your thoughts are not correct and applying together according to stats is still more favorable.

11 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Nobody: 5:42am On Sep 19, 2021
leggyb:
Booking PCR tests with testingforall.org has been ok with me so far.

I landed UK on the 12th, got to my apartment by midnight. On the 13th, by 12, i received my day 2 and day 8 kits. I followed the instructions and took the self swab. I returned it immediately by dropping it in a royal mail box around me (it's free, just drop it in and go).

On the 14th, the next day, i received my day 2 result via email.

Update on private accomodation payment via Form A.

I am thankful my landlord accepted that i quarantine in my accommodation without deposit and without payment yet. I only assured him that international transfers through the bank takes time. He agreed with me on that. Meanwhile i escalated my application for private accomodation with Gtbank on the 9th of September before travelling.

Fresh documents were requested from headquarters lagos, i submitted at area 11 Abuja (someone helped me fill the form actually).

To quickly conclude, i have been sent my telex. 44weeks contract of 2672GBP paid via form A for 1.5m approx.

I was rejected application for private accomodation by numerous banks. It came through finally. If you wish to follow this path, you must get all documents ready. Had to forward my signed contracts on request.

Congratulations. I PM'd you as I'm having difficulty accessing Form A even for school fees.

Apparently my local GTB branch at home doesn't have the forms. I'm looking to use any other branch now.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by kofoworolad2(m): 7:28am On Sep 19, 2021
koonbey:

Congratulations. I PM'd you as I'm having difficulty accessing Form A even for school fees.

Apparently my local GTB branch at home doesn't have the forms. I'm looking to use any other branch now.

Depending on your location
I am doing mine this week and I have the form already
If you are in Lagos go to the island
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by justwise(m): 7:32am On Sep 19, 2021
FromSopot:
@Justwise,
I forgot to add, tuition and accommodation for both has been paid in full to the last penny, im just worry because of the not straightforward mail sad

Then you got nothing to worry about financially, unless anything else went wrong with your application
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by justwise(m): 7:37am On Sep 19, 2021
scobyy2007:
Thank you and God Bless You!!!! @justwise you know me too well na!! ! However, I still agree with you and understand your concern.

Yes in this thread, not outside here or at any other level.

5 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by fificole: 7:45am On Sep 19, 2021
This is a myth. Not straightforward is simply ‘not straightforward’.

It’s not a denial either.

lobsa:

Congratulations!
I think applying with dependent at the same time is a major risk factor to getting the non straight forward email and i think the email simply means “sorry we can’t review your applications right now because it’s connected to another person (dependent) I.e not straight forward and right now we have a lot on our hands,we’ll surely review your applications later though might be outside the normal time frame.”
I strongly advise that the main applicant and dependent apply at different times to avoid high BP. Dependent can apply after the main applicant is given visa.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Marex123: 8:22am On Sep 19, 2021
Hallylim:
Alhamdulilahi Robbil’alamin. I’ve begged God so much to give me the grace n opportunity to be able to type this.

Visa alert! Visa alert!! Visa alert!!!
Family of 3
I see this visa as a miracle.
Application 12/08/2021
Biometrics 13/08/2021
Non straightforward mail 31st/08/2021

Then different negative thoughts started ringing in our heads.
Issues we had;
•mistake in my baby’s consent letter (could be seen as minor)
•hubby was refused in US and two other countries but we tot declaring only one was sufficient and we declared only US.

Those 4 weeks and 4 days we waited for seemed like forever. Waking up with sadness mixed with headache, anxiety, high BP, fear and all sort. But we really prayed, my mum over prayed. Alhamdulilah it’s all joy now.
In fact, it was the non straight forward mail that led me to nairaland because I just needed to mix with pple who can understand me. I mailed a number of pple privately here, all due to my fear. Standard application is indeed something to stay clear of!
I pray other waiting applicants get their visas with joy, aameen.
Congratulations, u are one of the people am rooting for...mine too soonest ijn
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Cynosure95: 8:38am On Sep 19, 2021
Good morning house,

My Biometrics date at Ikeja is Thursday 23 September while that of my wife ( Dependant) is Monday 20 September.

Does anyone know if i will be grant access using my wife date and pay for Walk in since i am the Main applicant. I don't look good for me for dependant to do biometrics before the main applicant

Please help a brother
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by fificole: 9:05am On Sep 19, 2021
It will not hurt to try.
Did you try the premium lounge subscription? I read it worked for some people.

Cynosure95:
Good morning house,

My Biometrics date at Ikeja is Thursday 23 September while that of my wife ( Dependant) is Monday 20 September.

Does anyone know if i will be grant access using my wife date and pay for Walk in since i am the Main applicant. I don't look good for me for dependant to do biometrics before the main applicant

Please help a brother
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by fificole: 9:12am On Sep 19, 2021
Use booking.com because of time constraint.

There are hotels for about 800 pounds (used family of 4) for 18days.

You can adjust as required.

jummiedel:
Good morning everyone, please I have a very big issue at hand. I'm having problem securing accommodation in aberdeen and without this, I can't fill my locator form. Please if there is anyone here that can assist my family in getting a 2 bedroom flat in aberdeen should please contact me on +2347032042110. My flight is scheduled for this Wednesday. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by SirWellington(m): 9:27am On Sep 19, 2021
I just had a conversation with a colleague who applied for UK tier 4 dependant visa but was denied. He declared he has someone in the UK other than his wife the main applicant (his younger sister who's married to a UK citizen) and then many question ensued from there during his interview. To cut long story short he was denied on grounds that they don't think he has any intentions to leave the UK upon expiration of the wife's visa.
From this what I will advise is, if you declare you know someone other than the main applicant (talking of dependant applicants under tier 4), be ready to face questions that ensue afterwards as well as the consequences. On the other hand if you fail to declare you have a relative other than the main applicant, the issue is you might be caught and banned (that is if there's any way they will find out) but if you have never declared your relative in the UK in any application to the UK before, you know you won't be staying with them or relying on them for anything, and you know you don't have the requisite informations about them as per income, and the rest, just say NO. My two cents.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by OpemipoEsther(f): 9:34am On Sep 19, 2021
Vecharry:
Those that have travelled. What were you asked at the airport on arrival? Was your bank statement requested? A new one or the one used in application

I was asked…
What are you here for?
Which school?

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Hallylim: 9:41am On Sep 19, 2021
Yemzzyy:

Congratulations!!! This was exactly how I was feeling when I was waiting after the not straightforward email. I would wake up sad and anxious, was also always having constant headache. But I thank God for his mercies

As in, only someone in that shoe could relate and truly understand. Thank God.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Hallylim: 9:47am On Sep 19, 2021
lobsa:

Congratulations!

These UKVI pple are highly unpredictable. There is no formular for what works for them. The only solution to their headache is prayer.

My sis in-law applied as a family of 5, standard application in early July. Their visas came out after 9 working days without receiving any non straight forward mail. And I’ve seen a number of single applicants being interviewed after receiving non straight forward mail. So, anybody should apply however they want, just av sufficient POF.

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Hallylim: 9:50am On Sep 19, 2021
Paneka:

Congratulations. I had my biometrics on the same day. Tapping into your testimony. Safe travels.

Thank u. Same day? What did they say? Have u tried sending paid mail? Cos I did. I was abt to call wen I saw the tracker has advanced to VAC.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Hallylim: 9:50am On Sep 19, 2021
lobsa:

Congratulations!

These UKVI pple are highly unpredictable. There is no formular for what works for them. The only solution to their headache is prayer.

My sis in-law applied as a family of 5, standard application in early July. Their visas came out after 9 working days without receiving any non straight forward mail. And I’ve seen a number of single applicants being interviewed after receiving non straight forward mail. So, anybody should apply however they want, just av sufficient POF.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Hallylim: 9:52am On Sep 19, 2021
Babababy:

I m afraid this is inaccurate information, your thoughts are not correct and applying together according to stats is still more favorable.

I tell u, very favourable
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Hallylim: 9:53am On Sep 19, 2021
Marex123:

Congratulations, u are one of the people am rooting for...mine too soonest ijn

Thank u so much. God will do ur own too very very soon.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Peacecharles: 10:10am On Sep 19, 2021
Good morning everyone, please how can someone with a refusal get the IHS money back?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Melahou(m): 10:13am On Sep 19, 2021
justwise:

Don't come crying when your private dealings go wrong, lets try as much as we can to help people openly here.

Those struggling to make payment should get a dollar account or those who were able to use other payment system can suggest.

Avoid getting your money involved with strangers online unless you know that person too well.

You are very right. Very soon I will expose someone here that will assist you in filling your application form but mid way into it he will start requesting for money from you in other to complete the application.

He will put you in a situation where you will be compelled to pay and if you don't he will abandon you and leave you to your fate.

People must be very careful in dealing with someone outside here especially when one has volunteered to assist you in filling your Visa application form.

There must be an understanding from the beginning and not mid way they start requesting money as if they are agents, knowing it will be difficult to back out.

I will drop receipt soon...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by sunshine21: 10:14am On Sep 19, 2021
What are you saying? When did they start interviewing dependents for tier-4 study visa? [quote author=SirWellington post=105959898]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by justwise(m): 10:15am On Sep 19, 2021
SirWellington:
I just had a conversation with a colleague who applied for UK tier 4 dependant visa but was denied. He declared he has someone in the UK other than his wife the main applicant (his younger sister who's married to a UK citizen) and then many question ensued from there during his interview. To cut long story short he was denied on grounds that they don't think he has any intentions to leave the UK upon expiration of the wife's visa.
From this what I will advise is, if you declare you know someone other than the main applicant (talking of dependant applicants under tier 4), be ready to face questions that ensue afterwards as well as the consequences. On the other hand if you fail to declare you have a relative other than the main applicant, the issue is you might be caught and banned (that is if there's any way they will find out) but if you have never declared your relative in the UK in any application to the UK before, you know you won't be staying with them or relying on them for anything, and you know you don't have the requisite informations about them as per income, and the rest, just say NO. My two cents.

I don't believe that, I have never ever seen a refusal for student visa based on the reason you stated above, i don't think your colleague was honest with you. They may decided to apply for PSW after his wife studies, he may decide to go for another studies or even get a job, all legally allowed. May be he applied for visiting visa and not dependant visa.

If you have a relative in the UK declare it even if you are not going to stay with that person. Answer questions about the person as much as you know. Lying on your application form will definitely catch up with you because all info are recorded and saved.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by seunds: 10:17am On Sep 19, 2021
Good morning House,

Pls I need advise. On my international passport and every other documents, my name is arranged FirstName MiddleName LastName which is fine.

However, on our marriage certificate my name is arranged MiddleName FirstName LastName, My wife's own is fine.

I am the main applicant and I need put our marriage Certificate, we will be applying separately. Pls advise on what to do so it won't affect dependant when they want to apply.

In my application, I added the arrangement as it is on the marriage certificate as other name I'm know as. Please advise. Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by justwise(m): 10:19am On Sep 19, 2021
Melahou:

You are very right. Very soon I will expose someone here that will assist you in filling your application form but mid way into it he will start requesting for money from you in other to complete the application.

He will put you in a situation where you will be compelled to pay and if you don't he will abandon you and leave you to your fate.

People must be very careful in dealing with someone outside here especially when one has volunteered to assist you in filling your Visa application form.

There must be an understanding from the beginning and not mid way they start requesting money as if they are agents, knowing it will be difficult to back out.

I will drop receipt soon...

Waiting for that, you will be saving many gullible ones here
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Melahou(m): 10:26am On Sep 19, 2021
ademola0508:

Scooby is a man of integrity.

He has helped many nairalanders without charging a dime.

Yes people should be careful of who they deal with privately. But @scobby is exceptional

"Don’t think there are no crocodiles just because the water is calm"

I come in peace...

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Bourne007(m): 10:52am On Sep 19, 2021
Doesn't even add up. Ukvi don't deny people on such grounds especially a PBS Dependant with main applicant already in the UK.

SirWellington:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Goke7: 10:53am On Sep 19, 2021
Cynosure95:
Good morning house,

Please help a brother

Just go there tomorrow on the appointed time and you will surely be granted access, just explain to them at the gate and show your appointment email and that of your wife, they will write 'walk in on your appointment email document ánd allow both of you in but be ready to pay the 42k walk in fee for you alone

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Poanan: 11:06am On Sep 19, 2021
SirWellington:

Is income not a personal thing? How on earth am I supposed to know the income of a relative? I am very certain that if I ask I wont be told. The main thing is people should apply early when it is getting late they pull all forms of attack on you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) ... (1008)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.