Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,525 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:35 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 - Travel (208) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (1260895 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) ... (1008) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Oggg: 10:22pm On Sep 19, 2021
Rotrack:
Good day guys.Pls I hav a rejection stamp on my passport from Poland embassy
And I want to use that same passport for my UK visa application will this hav any negative effect.

Pls I need some one who has similar issue to respond pls.
The stamp does not matter. As long as you meet the requirements for the uk study visa you will be given. On your visa form, where asked if u have been denied visa before, pls state poland + any other countries
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by MrsEkitigold: 10:29pm On Sep 19, 2021
Good evening my brothers and sisters. While applying for the US(F1) visa,I "wasn't honest about my job while filling the DS160 application. Although I was denied and the reason for both denial 2018 and 2020 was 241(b)-no home ties.

Few weeks ago,I was able to recover my password for some bitcoin I purchased in 2013. As a result of this I have decided to apply for a Masters degree in the UK which would be self sponsored. I would like to know what the odds are knowing fully well that the "UK,US and Canada share information.

Kindly guide a sister as no one is above mistake.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by promzy555(m): 10:42pm On Sep 19, 2021
Good evening, is about the dependant, is it true the wife and 2 and 3 years kids but have deposited money like 6.5 million each? My agent told me my wife and 2 kids must have 6.5 million each as a dependent. How true is it?
1Hover1:
This isn't entirely true. In fact, if you don't apply together, you're more likely to get the "non-straight forward" email. If you have your full funds without comma, you're better off applying together. I'll advice you apply together with your dependants, I did that and got all three visas out at the same time, no "not straightforward email", no delay, visas all came out in 5 days (priority).

If what you submitted doesn't add up or there seem to be some loop holes in your application or if it's compared to your dependants, you're more likely to get a "not straightforward email". If your dependants apply later and this same discrepancies are noticed in their application, they'll still get the "not straightforward email".
Simply put, just make sure your application is truthful and it adds up well.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Olab92: 10:52pm On Sep 19, 2021
Hello everyone,
Please I need an urgent answer to this question as I will be traveling soon.

When filling our application we said we dint know anyone in the Uk, but a relative want us to come quarantine with them… I hope this will not affect us at the point of entry, in case the immigration officer stop us to question us… will they have it in their record that we filled No that we don’t know anyone in our visa application form.
Because I’m skeptical about quarantining with them but hubby said it’s no problem.

Kindly help me if you have an idea of what it’s like at the point of entry. Your response will be highly appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Kapaskii(m): 11:02pm On Sep 19, 2021
That's great. Are u for Sept intake or Jan. Have gotten a space. Pls share ur email so we can connect .
Ebunsimi:
I'm also going to Bolton. I sent you an email

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by JahMan1: 11:07pm On Sep 19, 2021
Olab92:
Hello everyone,

When filling our application we said we dint know anyone in the Uk, but a relative want us to come quarantine with them… I hope this will not affect us at the point of entry, in case the immigration officer stop us to question us… will they have it in their record that we filled No that we don’t know anyone in our visa application form.
Because I’m skeptical about quarantining with them but hubby said it’s no problem.

Kindly help me if you have an idea of what it’s like at the point of entry. Your response will be highly appreciated.

Can you point us to the question where you stated that "you do not know anyone in the UK"?. We are just discussing same thing here tonight. The only question on the visa application like that asked if you have a family in the UK and listed what is their definition of a family.
Please if you reach the border do let us know how this case was treated. We will quite appreciate it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Chikadibia21: 11:08pm On Sep 19, 2021
U heard Unilag won't give you? Lol

I graduated from Unilag and got my transcript in less than 2 weeks

Application is done online

ModelLook:
Hello Everyone.

Please is there any student here studying Nursing in the UK?

Either Undergrad or M.Sc.

I want to ask you some questions.

Thank you.

And Also

Any Unilag Graduate in the house?

I need your input here.

Please I want to apply for my Official Transcript but I heard they won't give me.

Please how did you apply for your Official Transcript to get Unconditional Admission.

I want to start planning and saving up for my M.Sc.

Thank you once again.

This last question is for everybody.

All of you that are paying your Tution in full, I hail una o. How are you doing it?

What is your real work?

Cut soap for me grin

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Defemautos: 11:12pm On Sep 19, 2021
anyone with cheap school that offers scholarship ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Paneka: 11:21pm On Sep 19, 2021
Hallylim:

It moved on the 16th in the morning. N collection mail in the evening. Their reply is taking too long sef. Mine took 4working days to get a reply to the mail.

They sent their generic reply this evening. Hopefully I will get something positive this week.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by timojerry: 11:22pm On Sep 19, 2021
Good evening people,

I applied for my students visa for a school in England for me and my family and we've been granted. Leaving soon God willing. I've got kids with ages 8, 6 and 1. Are my kids expected to do PCR Covid tests before they travel to England because I checked on the gov.uk website and I really don't understand the English there. I read that kids coming to England under 11 aren't suppose to do pre Covid tests before they travel. Please can anyone who's recently gone or about going confirm this?

Can anyone recommend where I can do pre Covid tests cheaply in Lagos for my family if the kids are required to do it also?

Can anyone also suggest a cheaper days 2 and 8 test also in England?

I'll greatly appreciate if these are answered

Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by 1Hover1(m): 11:28pm On Sep 19, 2021
Good evening.
Honestly speaking you DON'T need an agent to help you with UKVI application, unless you have excess cash and don't have the time to make the application (this puts you in a very precarious situation cause a stranger just presented you to UKVI as best as he can, given the information received from you. This might come with consequences which only you will have to deal with.... YOUR AGENT CAN DO NOTHING ABOUT HASTENING NOR BYPASSING THE PROCESS TO MAKE YOUR VISA APPLICATION SUCCESSFUL.
That been said, I think your agent doesn't just know what he's doing or he didn't pass his information to you clearly.
The amount required to show Proof of Funds is on page1 of this thread.
I'll summerize.
1. Bal. Of 1 year school fees (after paying tuition deposit) - This varies from school to school

2. Maintenance requirements:
a. £1,334 monthly (for up to 9 months) for within London. This means that you need to show £1,334 * 9 = £12,006 for your maintenance.
b. £1,023 monthly (for up to 9 months) for outside London. This means that you need to show £1,023*9= £9,207 for your maintenance.

3. Spouses and Children (Dependants): Maintenance evidence: Bank statement showing a. £845 monthly * 9 months = £7605 for within London
b. £680 monthly * 9 months = £6,120 for outside London. This must be in the account for at least 28 days; the end of the 28 days must not be older than 31 days before your application.

So assuming you're going to school inside London, and your fees is £15,000, rẹ going with your spouse and 2 kids.
Your POF should show.
1. £15,000 (assuming you haven't paid a single dime for deposit)
2. £12,006 (main applicant maintenance)
3 £7,605 (per depandant) = £7,605 × 3 =22,815
Total POF = £49,821
Use oanda for today ( oanda.com/currency/converter/ ) to convert to naira = N 28,231,500 ( a mark up to 29,500,000 to cover for Naira wild instability)
This is just an example, you can use this understand how to calculate what you actually need.

Cheers!
promzy555:
Good evening, is about the dependant, is it true the wife and 2 and 3 years kids but have deposited money like 6.5 million each? My agent told me my wife and 2 kids must have 6.5 million each as a dependent. How true is it?

7 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by ModelLook(m): 11:34pm On Sep 19, 2021
Chikadibia21:
U heard Unilag won't give you? Lol

I graduated from Unilag and got my transcript in less than 2 weeks

Application is done online

Hmmm....That was so Fast I must say.

Was it Students Copy you got?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by timojerry: 11:35pm On Sep 19, 2021
Very true. This isn't bad mouthing or spoiling the businesses of visa agents but you really don't need one to apply. Everything is self explanatory. The fact that it's a point based system makes it seamless.

1Hover1:
Good evening.
Honestly speaking you DON'T need an agent to help you with UKVI application, unless you have excess cash and don't have the time to make the application (this puts you in a very precarious situation cause a stranger just presented you to UKVI as best as he can, given the information received from you. This might come with consequences which only you will have to deal with.... YOUR AGENT CAN DO NOTHING ABOUT HASTENING NOR BYPASSING THE PROCESS TO MAKE YOUR VISA APPLICATION SUCCESSFUL.
That been said, I think your agent doesn't just know what he's doing or he didn't pass his information to you clearly.
I'll summerize.
1. Bal. Of 1 year school fees (after paying tuition deposit) - This varies from school to school

a. £1,334 monthly (for up to 9 months) for within London. This means that you need to show £1,334 * 9 = £12,006 for your maintenance.
b. £1,023 monthly (for up to 9 months) for outside London. This means that you need to show £1,023*9= £9,207 for your maintenance.

3. Spouses and Children (Dependants): Maintenance evidence: Bank statement showing a. £845 monthly * 9 months = £7605 for within London
b. £680 monthly * 9 months = £6,120 for outside London. This must be in the account for at least 28 days; the end of the 28 days must not be older than 31 days before your application.

So assuming you're going to school inside London, and your fees is £15,000, rẹ going with your spouse and 2 kids.
Your POF should show.
Total POF = £49,821
Use oanda for today ( oanda.com/currency/converter/ ) to convert to naira = N 28,231,500 ( a mark up to 29,500,000 to cover for Naira wild instability)
This is just an example, you can use this understand how to calculate what you actually need.

Cheers!

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by ModelLook(m): 11:42pm On Sep 19, 2021
Seyisuccess:

Great akokite!
The only way you can get your transcript is by applying and having it sent to another university where you know someone that can get it out for you. Simple.
That's how I got mine, unilag will never give you by hand.
Alternatively, you can use the student copy which can be printed on ur portal with a charge of 1k.
Good luck in your saving money, I follow you Co ask that your last question o �

Great!!!

This your method is Innovative I must say.

I will surely try out this route.

Thanks for this and for the luck aswell. We need all the luck we can get.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by ModelLook(m): 11:46pm On Sep 19, 2021
Patnuel2015:
Apply for student copy. They will give you.

Yeah...Thanks but I want to try and get the Official one first incase of future. You know now.

If all else fails, I can now get the students copy.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by 1Hover1(m): 11:47pm On Sep 19, 2021
I believe your kids are exempted from taking a predeparture test since they are below 10.

timojerry:
Good evening people,

I applied for my students visa for a school in England for me and my family and we've been granted. Leaving soon God willing. I've got kids with ages 8, 6 and 1. Are my kids expected to do PCR Covid tests before they travel to England because I checked on the gov.uk website and I really don't understand the English there. I read that kids coming to England under 11 aren't suppose to do pre Covid tests before they travel. Please can anyone who's recently gone or about going confirm this?

Can anyone recommend where I can do pre Covid tests cheaply in Lagos for my family if the kids are required to do it also?

Thank you

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Exoticmm(f): 12:28am On Sep 20, 2021
Amarathripple0:

Lol there’s no such place to scroll (see attached), not sure why anyone would say that if they did their application on their own.

Nawa, Cousin/uncle/aunt isn’t there, I guess it’s to fill no in that case �
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Vecharry(m): 12:34am On Sep 20, 2021
Can I go with soft copies of my covid results to Qatar airways
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by ListerCompaq: 12:41am On Sep 20, 2021
Good Evening people,

Please can anyone confirm if payment of IHS can be done via Paga, and what is the conversion rate ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Abdulcardry: 12:56am On Sep 20, 2021
Anyone in or coming to Middlexsex University London and in need of a shared accommodation? Signify and let’s connect.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by em7even(m): 2:09am On Sep 20, 2021
I would say the person is my friend if I was in your shoes. That's if they ask.
Olab92:
Hello everyone,

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by segunotiti(m): 2:28am On Sep 20, 2021
engrofodile:
Do we need a transit visa to fly through Turkey?

Turkey is in red list.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by preciousmathias: 3:22am On Sep 20, 2021
Good day guys, please anyone applied to university of law business school?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by promzy555(m): 3:24am On Sep 20, 2021
Thanks u very much for taking ur time to xplain, same tin my agent told me. Someone introduce d agent to me. According to the agent, he is an agent to d school. I am only paying him 20,000 naira as application fee.
1Hover1:
Good evening.
I'll summerize.

Your POF should show.
Total POF = £49,821

Cheers!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by demorichy: 4:36am On Sep 20, 2021
Do you mean we should print the statement of account again?.

vivvica:
Good morning

Latest update is that at the airport immigrations officers are asking students to show account balance .

By asking you to open the statement of account to show money available . It’s best if you download the updated statement if you don’t have the money.

This is the latest development.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Samadhii(m): 4:41am On Sep 20, 2021
ListerCompaq:
Good Evening people,

Please can anyone confirm if payment of IHS can be done via Paga, and what is the conversion rate ?
Paga is no longer allowed
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Samadhii(m): 4:43am On Sep 20, 2021
Please, this is really URGENT.
When paying for IHS using dollar card, what rate will be used? I don't understand how it works
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by fificole: 6:16am On Sep 20, 2021
Congrats.

No pre-departure test for none of the kids

Day 2 and 8 for only your 6 and 8 year old.

- Some companies were recommended for both few pages back. I used Dante but their result delivery was delayed.

- Check location of lab against where you will stay for the period.

timojerry:
Good evening people,

Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by fificole: 6:22am On Sep 20, 2021
It’s dependent on the exchange rate for the day. Bank rate that is.

Card transactions come with an additional fee, so use between 415 to 422 to calculate.

Some banks have higher charges than others.

Samadhii:
Please, this is really URGENT.
When paying for IHS using dollar card, what rate will be used? I don't understand how it works
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by fificole: 6:26am On Sep 20, 2021
To board?

Yes. It is advised.

Vecharry:
Can I go with soft copies of my covid results to Qatar airways
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Poanan: 6:56am On Sep 20, 2021
promzy555:
Thanks u very much for taking ur time to xplain, same tin my agent told me. Someone introduce d agent to me. According to the agent, he is an agent to d school. I am only paying him 20,000 naira as application fee.

And 20k is only? You can apply directly to the school yourself. Even if u want to use agent, I dont think duly appointed Nigerian rep collect money.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) ... (1008)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.