Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,834 members, 7,813,788 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:25 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 - Travel (228) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (1253556 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) ... (1008) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by tridavid22(f): 12:49am On Sep 23, 2021
Please, who is going to Sheffield hallam University
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by cortix(m): 3:46am On Sep 23, 2021
TundeChris:
Please I need your help.

I recently got an unconditional offer letter from Sheffield Hallam University, however my problem now is that I have misplaced my original WAEC certificate. The university used my photocopy and scratch card to confirm the authenticity of the result.

Is it safe to go ahead to apply for my VISA with this document or I should endeavor to do IELTS?

Please help, has anyone ever had similar experiences?

I'm in the same shoe with you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by jamesobedbaisel: 3:55am On Sep 23, 2021
Please I want list of school that don’t require references.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by HardestyAugust: 4:07am On Sep 23, 2021
Honeycomb90:
It just mean it will take more than the standard time for your application but mind you i had someone who got the mail and still got collection on the 6th day ( priority).
When was your biometrics?
Hi, I did my biometrics on the 13th of September...till date after that email, I still haven't gotten feedback. Not even for an interview.

Why I'm on edge is because I have booked a flight ticket for 30th, lectures have started started and the school keeps sending me emails for fees payment.

Please What options do I have left? How can I contact them to speed up the process? This delay is really making me loose my balance. I shouldn't be made to go through this just to get an education. Not fair at all sad cry

5 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Olarichards: 4:21am On Sep 23, 2021
Hello house , I did my biometrics on the 2nd and I have not received Any response from the DMC. What could be the problem… location was TLSCONTACT ikeja. Standard
Please any idea.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Ilyfavoured: 4:28am On Sep 23, 2021
Someone earlier dropped a phone number that can be called to know the status of your application. Have your mastercard/visa handy it's a paid call. If you may place the call now, the wait time is short.

HardestyAugust:

Hi, I did my biometrics on the 13th of September...till date after that email, I still haven't gotten feedback. Not even for an interview.

Why I'm on edge is because I have booked a flight ticket for 30th, lectures have started started and the school keeps sending me emails for fees payment.

Please What options do I have left? How can I contact them to speed up the process? This delay is really making me loose my balance. I shouldn't be made to go through this just to get an education. Not fair at all sad cry

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Ilyfavoured: 4:30am On Sep 23, 2021
Someone earlier dropped a phone number that can be called to know the status of your application provided its more than 15 WORKING DAYS. Have your mastercard/visa handy it's a paid call. If you may place the call now, the wait time is short.

Olarichards:
Hello house , I did my biometrics on the 2nd and I have not received Any response from the DMC. What could be the problem… location was TLSCONTACT ikeja. Standard
Please any idea.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Domistic: 4:35am On Sep 23, 2021
Good morning, please where is the best place to change dollars to Pounds. Is it at the Airport here in Lagos or at the airport at London.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Babababy(m): 4:44am On Sep 23, 2021
timojerry:
Good evening guys,

please how can one rent a place for family of 3 in either doncaster and surrounding areas. its tiring as i have called various agents all to no avail

kind help. we leave soon

Some tips on how to secure accomodation.

1.You need a UK phone number when registering on sites like zoopla,onthemarket etc. You can register with your Nigerian number though, but they wont take your request too seriously. They would usually call to follow up an application and once its an International number ,your chances of them calling you is very slim

2. Most of them would request you to view the property, a viewing request means you have to be in the Uk or have someone that can view on your behalf.Viewing also shows serious intent .

3. When they advertise a property for rent and place a £500 rent on it, just an example. When communicating with the agent, make an additional offer of like £550 instead, you are more likely to get a response from the agency. They dont tell you but most rentals are up for bids, and they like a higher bid because the agent gets more.

4. Download your right to rent status, and attach it to your application. It would eliminate any ambiguity the agency might have about your immigration status . You can get your right to rent status from this link attached here

https://www.gov.uk/prove-right-to-rent

5.It would help a great deal if you have a current job, sounds like impossible because you are a student but it Is what it is. During the pandemic, the government mandated that waivers should be extended to people who cant pay rent hence a lot of landlords were short changed. Most landlords now basically want to rent property to only people with jobs, who can pay the rent

There is a current surge in rental properties at the moment, and its a contest getting accomodation. Once a property goes up for rental, they get multiple applications and the agencies are mostly interested in tenants who can pay rent, and your student status is apparently a disadvantage.

The link below can also help in understanding some pointers

https://www.ukcisa.org.uk/Information--Advice/Preparation-and-Arrival/Planning-your-housing#layer-3094

Finally keep trying, something would eventually turn up

17 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Kirusky4life(f): 4:51am On Sep 23, 2021
Please, any idea how long it takes to process and issue the ATAS certificate?
Also can som1 use a dollar dom account statement for POF?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by dabrat: 5:17am On Sep 23, 2021
Kirusky4life:
Please, any idea how long it takes to process and issue the ATAS certificate?

One month or two

Also can som1 use a dollar dom account statement for POF?

Yes
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Enraf(m): 5:21am On Sep 23, 2021
Egocen:
biko how are you paying fees

did you use flywire?
Yes through form A

You will go through the flywire to get the account number and sort code. That sort code is what you will fill into your form A and submit to the bank
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Enraf(m): 5:24am On Sep 23, 2021
corpershun:

LMAO
Infact only God knows all things.

Sent an email to Pretoria, replied that my application was resolved yesterday and to wait for TLS. Yet tracker shows still at DMC
and TLS has refused to update.
Sept 14 biometric, priority

How did you send an email directly to pretoria

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by fabulous2019: 5:29am On Sep 23, 2021
Please house, for people that have travelled, I heard immigration ask for POF, but after giving Visa, the money will be converted in black market so, the POF will fall below the required POF , also after paying part of your tution, the money will drop, hope it will not be an issue if your POF is below the amount the embassy assessed , when entering UK
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Phenmeson(m): 5:35am On Sep 23, 2021
Eddy81:
URGENT HELP PLEASE.
I'm flying to the UK on Saturday but I need someone who has gone to advise me on what to do about Covid 19 test in UK ( Day 2 and cool on arrival. Can I lodge in an hotel for self-isolation and quarantine?
Thanks.

If you can afford the hotel then go for it.
For covid19 test kit if Day 2&8, you go with https://nwp-online.co.uk/home/p/covid-19-2-and-8-day-pcr-test or https://dantelabs.co.uk/
Although Dante customer reviews is not that encouraging. NWP is good.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Funky88: 5:37am On Sep 23, 2021
Please how many weeks did it take them to send it?am also waiting for my offer.Congratulations.

Yes, i received my unconditional offer for Glasgow Caledonian University 24/8/2021[/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by odehbrainard: 5:40am On Sep 23, 2021
Hallylim:

You can mail me. I chose Salford for this September

Does Salford accept a 2k deposit?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Crespodinho(m): 6:03am On Sep 23, 2021
Good morning everyone.
Please i just want to start my application for January. Is it still possible?
Also what page of this thread will I start reading from so I can have full understanding. Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Egocen: 6:06am On Sep 23, 2021
How many days did it take to get the money to Flywire and Salford?

Enraf:

Yes through form A

You will go through the flywire to get the account number and sort code. That sort code is what you will fill into your form A and submit to the bank
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Egocen: 6:07am On Sep 23, 2021
no
from 5500

odehbrainard:

Does Salford accept a 2k deposit?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Ebalafaa: 6:08am On Sep 23, 2021
TemTon:
Please is there anyone who has done or applied for a 2nd masters in a field other than their initial course of study.
Please anyone ……. Thank you.

Yes. First UK Masters LL.M, Second UK Masters MBA .
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Abiseundun: 6:12am On Sep 23, 2021
Yes, you can start school application, though you might not get quick feedback as they are still sorting September intakes
To have full understanding, kindly start from page 1 of the thread
Crespodinho:
Good morning everyone.
Please i just want to start my application for January. Is it still possible?
Also what page of this thread will I start reading from so I can have full understanding. Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Funky88: 6:13am On Sep 23, 2021
Yes, i received my unconditional offer for Glasgow Caledonian University 24/8/2021[/quote]

Please how long does it take Glasgow Caledonian University to give offer?am also waiting for them for January intake.Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Pacypatty(f): 6:14am On Sep 23, 2021
Good morning
Pls for those going for social works in teesside University after the video interview did you go for written interview? Or how is it done pls
Cc @Everyone

Answer me pls

Cc @Justwise pls answer

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Amarathripple0: 6:26am On Sep 23, 2021
Domistic:
Good morning, please where is the best place to change dollars to Pounds. Is it at the Airport here in Lagos or at the airport at London.

Do this in the UK don’t change dollars to pounds hère as you’ll be shortchanged

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Ebalafaa: 6:29am On Sep 23, 2021
dabrat:

Visa alert:

Ikeja TLS Centre,

Application September 9th
Biometric (Appointment/Walk-in with family) - September 14th
No None straight forward mail

Collection mail - September 21
Picked up an 9:00 am - September 22

Document submit:
Educational certificates (waec, neco, bsc degree and msc degree cert)
POF
Medical certificate (me and family)
CAS
Travel history

Refusal declared :
2 Canada study visa rejection, 2 Schengen visa rejection

Loughborough University (Ph.D. studentship program)

What God cannot do does not exist
I thank you oh Lord...
My God is good and His mercy endures forever. He never fails (Be patient, God will do yours too).

Amen. Many congratulations.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Aphrikanna: 6:34am On Sep 23, 2021
Please people who have travelled to the UK, where did you quarantine? My school is in London so must I I quarantine in London? I'm staying with my cousin who is married with two kids, do I state that on my visa application or just omit it entirely.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by etare788(f): 6:42am On Sep 23, 2021
Hello fam,
VISA ALERT!!!!!

My friend got the visa 2 days ago
The journey has been tough trust me
He is trying to get accommodation in Hertfordshire
He has tried Airbnb and spare room website.
But the prices are on a high side.
His budget is 400,000 naira monthly.

He is to arrive on Saturday 25/09/2021.

Please help guys �

5 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by corpershun: 6:59am On Sep 23, 2021
Enraf:

How did you send an email directly to pretoria
Sent to this email asking for application status
pta.visacorrespondence@fco.gov.uk

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Oggg: 7:14am On Sep 23, 2021
Domistic:
Except you are getting your travel money to the UK from banks or CBN... never ever convert money to usd and then pounds again . If u are buying from black market, buy pounds straight as you will lose more by buying currency twice and also bcause the dollars to pounds rate is stable in the UK.
You lose by convertin naira to usd then usd to pounds. Convert naira to pounds at once.
In the streets of uk, no one is using usd. It is not the Uk’s currency.
Since you now have the usd, abeg dnt change it at the London airport. U can change just a few which u will use to run around initially because u need pounds. The airports in d uk have the worst rates ever. To get better, check post office or in the markets, there are usually money transfer shops with better rates.

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) ... (1008)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.