Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:45 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 - Travel (253) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (1256878 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) ... (1008) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Ufodeking: 3:32pm On Sep 26, 2021
Good day Family, please how can I go to Ikeja TLS, with public bus, I am in FESTAC?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by cedar3: 3:34pm On Sep 26, 2021
VISA ALERT! VISA ALERT!! VISA ALERT!!!

Finally, it's my turn to testify! My story with UKVI is finally loaded, done and dusted! I've been quite busy since last week to pen this down.
Priority Service, Walk in
Application: 02/09
Biometrics: 03/09
Transfered to DMC: 03/09
Received at DMC: 06/09
NSFM: 08/09
Transfered to VAC: 23/09
Received at VAC: 23/09
Collection mail: 23/09
Collected: 24/09
I went to TLS Ikeja on 02/09/21 to get a space for walkin the next day, even though I haven't even applied for Visa yet, I haven't even gotten my CAS by then! grin grin I requested for my bank statement and got same around 6pm, while at TLS. I forwarded same to my school and received my CAS around 8pm same night. There and then at TLS, I started the application, finished and paid all the fees, got 15/09 as my date but had planned walk in the next day 03/09. My school agent adviced that since I didn't perform any transaction on my day1, I shouldn't use that bank statement as some people were recently refused cos the ECO mistakenly used the dates of transaction instead of the dates stated as the acct summary dates, but I refused and went ahead to use same statement, running from 05/08 to 02/09. After the NSFM and wahala recounted earlier, the waiting was something else. 5working days turned to 15working days. Every day was excruciatingly painful and filled with anxiety, only those who have experienced it will understand. Thanks to @corpershaun, I sent a mail to Pretoria on 22/09 which resulted in getting my collection mail the next day. Truly, what God cannot do does not exist!

Thanks to all who I reached out to during that period.

For those still waiting, just hold your peace and be positive.

DON'T TOUCH YOUR FUNDS TILL YOUR VISA IS OUT OR YOUR ACCOUNT IS VERIFIED, WHICHEVER COMES EARLIER!

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Alonika(m): 3:39pm On Sep 26, 2021
mboyo:
Please if one chooses to go out while in quarantine and gets caught, is there some type of fine or it’s a very big problem and not to be attempted?

First off, why would you want to do risk all what you have done to get there. Yes, there is a fine of £10,000 if you break your quarantine. Please just maintain for the 10days
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Amarathripple0: 3:39pm On Sep 26, 2021
Crenzywilliams:

To the best of my knowledge, this venue fee is only paid at the VI TLS contact here in Nigeria.

This is false, It’s paid at all their centers.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Alonika(m): 3:44pm On Sep 26, 2021
Peacecharles:

The application state if I was traveling with my dependants, they choose the No answer and secondly
They used an account statement of 12m on my application and I got the visa. After I got the visa, instead of advising me to transfer the fund to my dependant account,they said I should print the same account statement I used but this time it should be a different date.i did so,my dependants applied and they were refused. Because of that my Visa was cancelled with a ten years band.
I was invited for an interview,I told them it was my agent that handle the application and that was what I was advised to do.it was still a refusal but this time the ten years band was cancelled .someone introduced me to narialand, have really learnt a lot here.

Wow, thanks for shedding light on this. Sorry about your experience.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by sniperaz: 3:45pm On Sep 26, 2021
Absolutely.

And it might also be worth it to mention in the supporting notes that you are not planing to travel with your children for this..........reasons...

keemo:
@justwise and other gurus please i am in the uk already but my family is still in Nigeria . Can i apply for my wife alone now while i apply for the kids later? thank you

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Jaylo79: 3:45pm On Sep 26, 2021
Amarathripple0:

He’s talking about the £55 for VI centre.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Tolvin: 3:48pm On Sep 26, 2021
Spot on!
Patnuel2015:
You can use it to pay for your tuition. Don't use it as PoF for Visa application. Though it was supposed to be acceptable for Visa PoF but to be on safer side, find another means for your pof. When you get to UK, sign your loan and have the money sent to the school.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Jaylo79: 3:49pm On Sep 26, 2021
cedar3:

Finally, it's my turn to testify! My story with UKVI is finally loaded, done and dusted! I've been quite busy since last week to pen this down.
Received at DMC: 23/09
I went to TLS Ikeja on 02/09/21 to get a space for walkin the next day, even though I haven't even applied for Visa yet, I haven't even gotten my CAS by then! grin grin I requested for my bank statement and got same around 6pm, while at TLS. I forwarded same to my school and received my CAS around 8pm same night. There and then at TLS, I started the application, finished and paid all the fees, got 15/09 as my date but had planned walk in the next day 03/09. My school agent adviced that since I didn't perform any transaction on my day1, I shouldn't use that bank statement as some people were recently refused cos the ECO mistaken used the dates of transaction instead of the dates stated as the acct summary dates, but I refused and went ahead to use same statement, running from 05/08 to 02/09. After the NSFM and wahala recounted earlier, the waiting was something else. 5working days turned to 15working days. Every day was excruciatingly painful and filled with anxiety, only those who have experienced it will understand. Thanks to @corpershaun, I sent a mail to Pretoria on 22/08 which resulted in getting my collection mail the next day. Truly, what God cannot do does not exist!

DON'T TOUCH YOUR FUNDS TILL YOUR VISA IS OUT OR YOUR ACCOUNT IS VERIFIED, WHICHEVER COMES EARLIER!

Congratulations! I believe it’s the delay in all these bank verifications that is leading to all these non-straightforward mail.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Alonika(m): 3:50pm On Sep 26, 2021
cedar3:

I went to TLS Ikeja on 02/09/21 to get a space for walkin the next day, even though I haven't even applied for Visa yet, I haven't even gotten my CAS by then! grin grin I requested for my bank statement and got same around 6pm, while at TLS. I forwarded same to my school and received my CAS around 8pm same night. There and then at TLS, I started the application, finished and paid all the fees, got 15/09 as my date but had planned walk in the next day 03/09. My school agent adviced that since I didn't perform any transaction on my day1, I shouldn't use that bank statement as some people were recently refused cos the ECO mistaken used the dates of transaction instead of the dates stated as the acct summary dates, but I refused and went ahead to use same statement, running from 05/08 to 02/09. After the NSFM and wahala recounted earlier, the waiting was something else. 5working days turned to 15working days. Every day was excruciatingly painful and filled with anxiety, only those who have experienced it will understand. Thanks to @corpershaun, I sent a mail to Pretoria on 22/08 which resulted in getting my collection mail the next day. Truly, what God cannot do does not exist!

Congrats, I stay hopeful. Did my biometrics on the 8th of September

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Amarathripple0: 3:52pm On Sep 26, 2021
Peacecharles:

The application state if I was traveling with my dependants, they choose the No answer and secondly
They used an account statement of 12m on my application and I got the visa. After I got the visa, instead of advising me to transfer the fund to my dependant account,they said I should print the same account statement I used but this time it should be a different date.i did so,my dependants applied and they were refused. Because of that my Visa was cancelled with a ten years band.
I was invited for an interview,I told them it was my agent that handle the application and that was what I was advised to do.it was still a refusal but this time the ten years band was cancelled .someone introduced me to narialand, have really learnt a lot here.

Oh my, that’s horrible, I’m so sorry this happened to you. My school advised me to use an agent for my visa application, I just said okay and did the thing myself. I’ve applied for visas to multiple countries without any issues, can’t put my future in the hands of a stranger. You should defer and reapply for another visa, this time do it yourself and ask all the right questions here please. We’ll be happy to respond

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Nobody: 3:53pm On Sep 26, 2021
Hanoon:

I never knew it was the wrong statement of account I labelled �. Thank you
it seems as if this guy has so many statement of acct with him
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Nobody: 3:57pm On Sep 26, 2021
deolu9:
Domiciliary account and a dollar card.
oh thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Nobody: 3:57pm On Sep 26, 2021
amoode2021:

If you want to spend up to $10,000 in one day then yes you would need the domiciliary account and then the card.

If you are spend less than $5,000 then you can get the instant card according to their website.
thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Nobody: 4:02pm On Sep 26, 2021
Goke7:

You guys are just petty. Firstly we have a bad reading culture in Nigeria and many folks don't have enough patience to read through and understand clearly. Secondly we have lots of minors here, folks less than 18 yrs for undergraduate study and even those older like in early twenties who still don't know their left from right and it's easy to detect them here from the kind of questions being asked.

Let's always be more reasonable in our responses, the visa application questions are a bit technical and some times it's difficult for some to answer yes or no. Using our personal experience as a standard for everyone is very selfish and unreasonable. Lots of people even asked questions here and never get answers.
you are correct

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Hanoon: 4:13pm On Sep 26, 2021
Enraf:

You can delete it and upload another one look for the basket icon
Its been submitted
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by sniperaz: 4:22pm On Sep 26, 2021
Guys, please lets not confuse these things. Every single applicant CANNOT have the same circumstance.
For the most people, the information and guidance on this thread would be enough to apply to a school, get your visa and have a great time.
For a few, the information her wont scratch it at all, either because there's a lot of knowledge gap or people would just advice you from their own peculiar reality.
Now, there's a difference between an 'agent' like we would know them in Nigeria and an Immigration adviser. If you think you have a peculiar situation and would need an immigration adviser, please be smart enough to get one.
And like I said before, the information here should be more than enough for the majority of people.

Amarathripple0:

Oh my, that’s horrible, I’m so sorry this happened to you. My school advised me to use an agent for my visa application, I just said okay and did the thing myself. I’ve applied for visas to multiple countries without any issues, can’t put my future in the hands of a stranger. You should defer and reapply for another visa, this time do it yourself and ask all the right questions here please. We’ll be happy to respond

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by TheGuyFromHR: 4:23pm On Sep 26, 2021
Goke7:

You guys are just petty. Firstly we have a bad reading culture in Nigeria and many folks don't have enough patience to read through and understand clearly. Secondly we have lots of minors here, folks less than 18 yrs for undergraduate study and even those older like in early twenties who still don't know their left from right and it's easy to detect them here from the kind of questions being asked.

Let's always be more reasonable in our responses, the visa application questions are a bit technical and some times it's difficult for some to answer yes or no. Using our personal experience as a standard for everyone is very selfish and unreasonable. Lots of people even asked questions here and never get answers.

So you know you don't know how to read and you see that as a virtue? And you want to go to study in a country where you have to know not only how to read, but also how to research and understand what you are reading, and you believe that you can just skip all that Nigerian-style?

That's very foolish.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Amarathripple0: 4:23pm On Sep 26, 2021
amoode2021:

If you want to spend up to $10,000 in one day then yes you would need the domiciliary account and then the card.

If you are spend less than $5,000 then you can get the instant card according to their website.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Patnuel2015(m): 4:23pm On Sep 26, 2021
Apply for the dollar version of it. Considering that you will be paying Visa fee, IHS and tls service fees. The dollar version has more limit. They have reduced the naira version limit. Sorry for the mix up
ListerCompaq:

Whao, this is lovely .
Can anybody confirm if this UBA africard Naira can be used for the payment of IHS and visa fee.
Maybe someone who has used it recently
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by sniperaz: 4:24pm On Sep 26, 2021
I'll reserve my comments on this letter but this is a very lousy enquiry email.

cedar3:

I'm sorry but that's not totally true. Presently, NEVER YOU TOUCH YOUR FUNDS TILL YOU'VE GOTTEN YOUR VISA, or YOU'RE SURE UKVI HAS VERIFIED YOUR ACCT, whichever one is earlier. That is if you love yourself and value all the time and money spent. It happened to me personally, I think it's just chance that made me see it. I got a NSFM 3days after my application, reason was that the bank statement I uploaded wasn't clear and I was asked to reupload another one which I did. Next day, I got the email attached below, obviously in error cos it was intended for the bank, not me. When I replied the email, they apologized and promptly sent it to the bank. Read my story below.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Amarathripple0: 4:36pm On Sep 26, 2021
Hanoon:

Its been submitted

Go with the right statement of account and all your other documents (this is for safety) and get TLS to re-upload them for you, they charge a fee of 11k plus for this service paid with a POS machine. Just let them know what happened, Don’t panic, you’ll be fine.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Crenzywilliams(m): 4:37pm On Sep 26, 2021
Amarathripple0:

Oh, ok. Sorry guys, but like I said, "to the best of my knowledge", thanks for the correction though. We learn everyday.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Goke7: 4:38pm On Sep 26, 2021
TheGuyFromHR:

So you know you don't know how to read and you see that as a virtue? And you want to go to study in a country where you have to know not only how to read, but also how to research and understand what you are reading, and you believe that you can just skip all that Nigerian-style?

That's very foolish.

Again stop being petty, reading does not equal intelligence, some folks are dyslexic and does not mean they are not intelligent enough to undertake a course of study. It's in Nigeria we kill people with too much books and still nothing to show for it.

6 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Newerakings(m): 4:38pm On Sep 26, 2021
Please can i use the naira version of the Africard to pay for my IHS and visa without been affected by the dollar restriction in Nigeria?

Please this really important.

Patnuel2015:
Ok this is how the africard work.
There is one for naira Africard naira
And the one for dollars africard dollar.
It's a prepaid card, when you go to Uba. You fill a form and the card is given to you instantly.
You can find the naira version of it with naira in the bank. You will be able to use it to pay for any transaction worldwide. But the limit for the year is 10,000 dollars, when you make payments like visa or IHS, the card will do the conversation itself and send the money.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by iiiyyyk(m): 4:39pm On Sep 26, 2021
Peacecharles:

So sorry for this...

But please I still don't understand why it was rejected.
Was the N12m not enough for the maintenance of you and your family together?

Or was it because you answered No in your own application, if u are traveling together.

I was thinking funds can be in the account of any of the spouse?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Ebalafaa: 4:41pm On Sep 26, 2021
cedar3:

Congratulations.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Ebalafaa: 4:48pm On Sep 26, 2021
Peacecharles:

This is painful. Sorry about this. Disappointing as the turnout of events, delay is not denial...at least the 10 years ban has been reversed (which would have been really bad if not).

All the best during your next admission and visa processes.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by roland2rule(m): 4:53pm On Sep 26, 2021
Please, which cheap University can I get MSC in software engineering in the UK?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Kj40: 5:00pm On Sep 26, 2021
Please house,
when is the deadline to enter UK for September intake 2021 without any issues at POE

(1) (2) (3) ... (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) ... (1008)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.