Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,065 members, 7,818,181 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:38 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 - Travel (301) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (1257605 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) ... (1008) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by 2rucool(m): 10:07am On Oct 02, 2021
SwayB:
Hello guys, please is it possible for someone with a third class to gain admission for masters? if so can you recommend schools to apply to with affordable tuition.

Click on the link or check Howoheye in the search bar, you'll see schools that accept third class and HND for masters,then check individual school in terms of affordability.

https://www.nairaland.com/6331164/uk-student-visa-tier-4/372#102024310

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Horlarjummie: 10:14am On Oct 02, 2021
Please house what is the process of this administrative review and how do I go about it.
Then how long does it take to process and get response and what is the probability it will come out positive.

LagosismyHome:

You either didn't know or read the rules.... you cannot apply using company account. Your father should have transferred the money to his personal account or your account

Administration review will still lead to rejection because its not the rule to have used a company account. Its better to re apply again using either your personal or your dad personal account
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by hustla(m): 10:22am On Oct 02, 2021
jtech17:

Abeg let dem know, besides they should stop coming here an online platform where the world including UKVI has access to showcase their ignorance and casting things for other Nigerians... coming here to ask for POF, arguing about how to survive through illegality beating the 20hr/week work system designed for students... their matter taya me.... ABEG MODERATORS dey delete yeye comments like that of POLAND THREAD

Las las, they will be fine smiley
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by ocpaschal: 10:25am On Oct 02, 2021
Enraf:

Why can’t you get the dollar ATM card yourself?
I don't have, and sadly I don't know anyone abroad that could assist with a pounds/dollar ATM card. Even here in naija, I don't know anyone. I have to search for someone with dollar ATM card in order to pay the UK student Visa because i just got the CAS on Thursday.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Jaylo79: 10:27am On Oct 02, 2021
Horlarjummie:
Good morning @justwise and everyone. Got a refusal
On my student visa and reason stated was Just that they didn't contact the bank at all or possibly because I used a MFB. Please @justwise @scooby what do you think I should do. While tracking my application, I discovered it's still showing still at DMC. Can I still put in for Jan intake for same school or another school. But what surprised me is that even the school contacted the bank for my POF and issued me a CAS. They even sent me a mail before contacting the bank and now I'm been refuse based on using MFB. I called my course advisor and she asked me few question and suggested I send a mail to the school compliance team which I did and I was told to State reason for the denial which I stated but they told me to await their response by Monday.Someone also told me I can request for a new CAS from same school without paying another tuition fee but I really don't know how true this is. Please house what do you advise I do and what do you think could be the cause for the refusal.Thank you all as I await our response. @justwise @scooby please I need your advise and assistance in sorting this out and way forward. God bless you sir/ma

This is a confirmation that they send refusal emails?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Sijuademi: 10:29am On Oct 02, 2021
[Thank you for this.

How does this work pls

quote author=Enraf post=106366122]

You are wrong here. I used fixed deposit and they have given me the visa. [/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Nobody: 10:38am On Oct 02, 2021
cdieli:
If you are coming to the UK to hustle please sit back at home. You need maximum concentration here. The study is competitive. All the best. I have been here for a month now.
anyone who wants to hustle can do that inasmuch as your hustling does not interfere with your studies, and your studies do not suffer

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Nobody: 10:41am On Oct 02, 2021
Callmed:
if you have been here for a month what should we now do about that? angry angry

So out of your busy schedule and "study competitiveness" you still have the time to come and type rubbish here.

Guys, come to the UK and hustle! If you're smart enough you will know how to balance school and work life. If you're not...you will learn.
I wonder ooo

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by SwayB(m): 10:42am On Oct 02, 2021
2rucool:

Click on the link or check Howoheye in the search bar, you'll see schools that accept third class and HND for masters,then check individual school in terms of affordability.

https://www.nairaland.com/6331164/uk-student-visa-tier-4/372#102024310
thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by ocpaschal: 10:43am On Oct 02, 2021
Enraf:

Gtbank, FCMB, UBA
Ok thanks...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Keralis: 10:44am On Oct 02, 2021
Hello all, kindly recommend good universities close to Redbridge SE (have a guardian here) for an irish national who just finished high school in Naija. Any other good option outside the Redbridge area will be appreciated. Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by phadriz(m): 10:45am On Oct 02, 2021
ritzzybaron:
Hello Phadriz,

What if I do a walk into IOM and plead that I be attended to. Will they attend to me? Has anyone been in this position?

Walk in is not allowed again in IOM Lagos, just send the mail you will be given a very close date, that's what I did for my family but if the date given to you wasn't favorable you may reply the mail to appeal for a closer date.

I insist don't go there if you don't have appointment, because you won't be attended to, it is clearly stated in the memo paste on their gate.

I wish you best of luck.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by ocpaschal: 10:48am On Oct 02, 2021
ChudiOgudo:
All commercial banks.

wrong....i meant ATM card for domiciliary/dollar accounts. Ecobank i think doesn't give dollar Atm based on what one of their branch staff in Area 8 told me
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Munamoqel: 11:00am On Oct 02, 2021
justwise:

It’s important that you declare it first then state that you can not remember why you were refused, they know anyway.
Please can't I use treasury bill investment cert as proof of funds for uk study visa .

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by phadriz(m): 11:02am On Oct 02, 2021
Crenzywilliams:

If you are not in Lagos, you can go ask someone in Lagos to go to IOM office at Ikeja to book an appointment for you manually, am sure they can get an earlier date for you, even this October. That's how I booked my appointment. Good luck.

Manual booking is no longer allowed, just send the mail, you will get auto reply and after fees days you will be given an appointment for a close date
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by ritzzybaron: 11:09am On Oct 02, 2021
Thanks Enraf! I get it now.
Enraf:

Lol….. the priority is an added service. You will add the £220 to the standard visa fee
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Horlarjummie: 11:12am On Oct 02, 2021
Yes o. They do. They sent to me. Decision mail first and then followed by refusal mail. Same day
Jaylo79:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by puranovic: 11:14am On Oct 02, 2021
Princetayo5bois:

Please have gotten the CAS

My brother don’t panic I’m September and I haven’t gotten mine too
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Nobody: 11:14am On Oct 02, 2021
Igweokolo:
Good morning house,please can somebody help me with names of schools that have January intake in UK.
University of Bradford
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Benediktejike: 11:15am On Oct 02, 2021
Oshay53:

@justwise,

Please, is there a validity usually attached to the police report?

3 months

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by ritzzybaron: 11:16am On Oct 02, 2021
Oh I see. Thank you for this information.
phadriz:

Walk in is not allowed again in IOM Lagos, just send the mail you will be given a very close date, that's what I did for my family but if the date given to you wasn't favorable you may reply the mail to appeal for a closer date.

I insist don't go there if you don't have appointment, because you won't be attended to, it is clearly stated in the memo paste on their gate.

I wish you best of luck.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Santa2: 11:17am On Oct 02, 2021
Topsonluv:
Hello, Please does anybody know if University of Salford still receives application for their Data Science post graduate course for January 2022 intake...

yes they do
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Nobody: 11:20am On Oct 02, 2021
Chreze:
With regards to the work and school discussion. When people who are here tell you it’s a challenging combination. Take it as the truth. When someone tells you it’s impossible, take that too cos he/she may be speaking from experience.

I don’t think combining any two activities at the same time can ever be easy and I think working and schooling is difficult in any part of the world. I know guys who work and study and I will tell you it’s not easy. Believe me. It’s very challenging.

Is it possible? Yes very possible and you can still get a good result.

Will I advice anyone? ….hmmmmm….

Here’s what I will advice:

Try to get something (enough money) to cover your first semester, during the first semester, use it to understand how your Univeristy function and it’s difficulty level. Trust me, the difficult level for University’s varies. Some Univeristy are more difficult (especially those at the top), while some are not so difficult. (I purposely did not use “are not difficult” and that because difficulty is self defined)

After the first semester, you will be able to decide for yourself how you intend to merge the work and school. And possibly you would have made friend(s) that will give you some school update and assist you too.

The reason why Mr(s) A was able to work and school could be because his/her Univeristy was not as difficult as Mr(s) B. Hence why Mr(s) B would tell you it’s difficult or impossible to work and still get good grades.

Above all, don’t ignore advice from people because it’s not in line with what you want to hear or believe. Take every advice you get, Use only the ones you believe and trust. Everything no be argument and curse. Person wey tell you say make you no work and school no go de when you begin face panel for plagiarism because you could not properly translate what you have read into writing.

Trust me my brothers and sisters, e easy for this UK to just change for person eyes like magic oooo. All those plans and imagination wey you don dream of go just turn tears and regret.

In the voice of my people: God no go shame us…

Blessings
thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by lekan1000: 11:25am On Oct 02, 2021
Domistic:
Please we have an issue now and need urgent advise . My wife is already in the Uk isolating. A while ago she said that she was bathing when the door bell rang. When she finished and came out she did not see anyone again. Her mind is telling her that the Uk people has come to check on her. What can she do? Is there a mail or number to call and tell them that she is in the house but bathing when they visited. No other person in the house apart from her

There is absolutely nothing to worry about. She should calm down. NHS people couldn't get through to me till i finished my isolation, so it is not a problem

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Nobody: 11:27am On Oct 02, 2021
sniperaz:
OK.

So there's been some conversations around affordability of a masters degree in the UK and all the twitter post.

First things, education is not an exclusive right f the super rich. If your family can afford it fine, if they cant, then take a student loan. As long as you're sure that's the best step for you at the time and it can be justified. Student loan is not a new thing! More than half the students in your class (if you have Britons, Americans or Europeans) would be on student loan. So if you're thinking to take a loan from nig to fund your education, please go for it. The people granting your visa are aware!!, That's how most of them went to college. You wont be the first and you wont be the last. Africa and student loan is a different conversation altogether.

Secondly, hustle. There's no problem with hustling as long as it doesn't affect your education!! Again you need to understand how their system works. Its slightly different from ours. For us, we finish secondary school, write JAMB and move straight to Uni. No need to work. Education is already heavily subsidised. So for most of us, its already very affordable especially if you're in federal or state university. For Britons, its not the case (except you're scottish - another conversation as well). Education is expensive. Infact, you really don't have to go beyond college (secondary school) if you cant afford it. Masters is almost exclusive for super brilliant students - and that's why you would hardly have Britons as masters classmate. Mostly your classmate will be Africans, Indians and Asians (a few Euopeans)
Back to my point, after college, most of the ones that want to continue education would take a year out to work (usually what you call menial jobs) to raise money in addition to the student loan they would take for when they start uni. They would usually work as carers, bar attendants, cleaners, shop attendants etc

So if you put these together, what they do is not very different from what you will do when you arrive the UK. And because you haven't taken a student loan, there's alot more pressure on you to achieve much more in such short time frame (thank God for PSW now) - hence what you call 'hustle'. And ofcourse, with our very weak exchange rate, even your Nigerian savings doesn't really cut it.

For those who want to work while they school, be rest assured the system understands. As long as you stick to your 20hrs during term time and your school work is not suffering.

And if you're so rich or supported that you don't need to work, please face your studies and have fun - most of the Chinese students don't work. Either because their govt supports them or the language barrier.
very nice
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by cedar3: 11:28am On Oct 02, 2021
Pls who knows or has the direct email address of Sheffield DMC in the UK? One of my friends is in urgent need of it. �
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Horlarjummie: 11:31am On Oct 02, 2021
Jaylo79:

yes they do.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Igbamatigbi: 11:35am On Oct 02, 2021
They send refusal mail before collection of passport? Was it a reply to your paid mail?
Horlarjummie:
yes they do.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by valyrose: 11:37am On Oct 02, 2021
So sorry bro. It is well. What was written in the decision mail?
Horlarjummie:
Yes o. They do. They sent to me. Decision mail first and then followed by refusal mail. Same day
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by sniperaz: 11:44am On Oct 02, 2021
Interesting. Please excuse my being inquisitive.

So they sent you a decision email and then after, they sent you a refusal email? All before your passport was returned. And all of these was via email?

Horlarjummie:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Gloriouscrown: 11:50am On Oct 02, 2021
Emurate6315:
I don't think they do.. It's not stated in their site

Ok thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Gloriouscrown: 11:51am On Oct 02, 2021
ChudiOgudo:
Yes Glorious, they do. Infact that's the school my wife is preparing to attend in January. Get your statement of account ready as it's a requirement for CAS issuance. Please email me so we can get along chudiogudo@ Gmail com

Wow...thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) ... (1008)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.